Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

classic oatmeal cookies made with ingredients you probably have at home... and absolutely NO flour

Food Network Challenge!

Last weekend, a group of us met up for an informal soccer game at my friend Matt’s house. Afterwards, as everyone sat around with a beer, one of my friends jokingly asked, “Where’s dessert, Katie? You always bring dessert.”

It’s true. I’m constantly pawning off food on friends, because I like to get as many opinions as possible before deciding if a recipe is worthy of sharing on the website. Somehow the joking ended with me standing in Matt’s impoverished kitchen, wondering what the heck I could possibly make with so few ingredients. It felt like an episode of Chopped!

When I saw raisins, my first thought was: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.

But Matt’s cabinets were not only lacking in the peanut butter department, they also hosted absolutely no chocolate! None. Not one chip, not one bar, nothing. I wanted to run away, right then and there. (A person without chocolate should never be trusted!) Instead, I put on a brave face and took stock of the available ingredients. I had to improvise a little, such as using water in place of almond milk. Still, the cookies were a gigantic success, with everyone agreeing the recipe was blog-worthy.

flourless cookies

Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

(gluten-free)

• 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (If you prefer, click for: Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies.)
  • 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp white sugar or evaporated cane juice
  • 2 tbsp raisins
  • 1 tbsp oil or pre-melted margarine
  • 1-2 tbsp milk of choice (start with 1)

Blend first 5 ingredients together in a food processor or blender. (I used a Magic Bullet.) Mix with other ingredients, form into cookie shapes, and place on a greased cookie sheet. Cook 6 minutes at 375 F. This recipe makes a small batch; if I remember correctly, it yields around 11 cookies. I made a much bigger batch for the group by tripling all of the ingredients.

View Fourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Nutrition Facts

dog cookies

When I brought the remaining cookies home for a photoshoot, someone kept watching me…

Waiting to pounce!

katie cookie

Want a cookie??

Do you ever watch the Food Network?

Oddly enough, I actually don’t like watching cooking shows. Maybe it’s because my job revolves around food, but in my free time I want to do things that have absolutely nothing to do with food!

Well, except I do often like to look at this website.

But that’s mostly because I enjoy the photography and artistic aspects of the photos. (I guess it can also be argued this isn’t really my free time; I’m observing others to try and improve my own photography skills.)

1. I love watching the food network while I’m in the gym 😉 There’s something so amusingly ironic about watching people whip up macaroni or cupcakes while I get my calorie-burn on.

1. Trish says:

Faith, I like to watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives in my house while I’m doing donkey kicks and lunges, lol. Oh, the irony. :-)

2. Lauren says:

Girl, you are so gorgeous!

I am so jealous of your hair! Do you have any tips for how to get it that shiny and healthy? Or are you just lucky and were born with good hair? Mine is so dry and flat, and yours always looks so beautiful. Any tips would be so appreciated :).

1. Emily says:

You are beautiful, Katie. An obvious attestment to a healthy, vegan diet and taking good care of yourself. You are radiant!
      And I lol-ed at the little puppy.

1. Thank you both so much! Lauren, I wrote a post about my haircare routine (it’s pretty basic) here:

Also, eating enough fat is important! :)

3. I actually love watching food channels – but not so much for recipe ideas, I like shows like Chopped, Top Chef, and Worst Cooks in America. Worst Cooks makes me feel like a pretty darn good cook. 😉

OK a person without chocolate OR peanut butter that has raisins in their cupboard??? That is beyond seriously wrong.

4. I love the food network. Buuuuut it seems like I only tune in when I’m hungry. Coincidence? I think not. And it’s ALWAYS on at the gym. Always.

Those cookies look phenomenal! Yum!

5. Samantha says:

Good morning. Love the cute little dog just waiting…

I don’t enjoy cooking shows at all! I find them terrible boring and don’t tend to learn much from them. They also don’t tend to make things I care about. The advantage of online is that I can usually tell right away if the recipe is something I would like and have the “skills” to do. I also pay attention to the photos.

Thanks for this latest recipe! I love basic and quick. And have a great day.

1. Samantha says:

So I definitely went more the flourless chocolate chip cookie route (I love that you post one recipe and it gets me looking at the others). I did peanut butter in place of the oil (one of those kind of days) and also needed no added white sugar. I did a couple of drops of vanilla.

I think because of the peanut butter mine benefited from being patted down for baking. I will try with oil/margarine next time…I just needed the peanut butter fix today (in fact I made cookies because I was eating just chocolate chips and peanut butter…I decided it was time to be more creative. :)

Fun and easy! I was going to make the truffle pie from a couple of posts ago but that will have to wait!

6. Michaela says:

hahahaha, that could have been me! I love improvising in the kitchen!

7. Erin says:

I like some of the shows on Food Network, but I don’t have cable or Netflix or anything like that. I actually like Cake Boss a lot though, which I believe comes on TLC 😀

And I love that you posted this recipe! I was thinking just yesterday that I’d like to make some gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies. You read my mind :)

8. beatrice says:

finally wait until you have recipes without chocolate, haha just joking but i’ll definitely try this new cookie!!!

9. you have lucky friends! dessert on command, literally 😉 I do enjoy watching the food network when I’m home from school but I don’t have any cable living in my apartment so I don’t watch it often!

10. Oooh, I love oatmeal raisin cookies (actually, my husband loves them more) – and I’m constantly looking for ways to make them healthier so I will definitely have to try this – thanks!

11. Colleen says:

I’m headed to the kitchen right now! Gotta love that magic bullet and love the puppy! I hope he/she got a cookie!

1. Emily says:

Me too! I have all the ingredients on hand, for once :).

12. VegAlexandra says:

You said that you used white sugar in this recipe…. Are you aware that white sugar isn’t vegan?? It’s processed through charred bone to make it more “white”.

Or do you buy a vegan version?? But, since you were at your friends… was it vegan?

1. anonymous says:

Actually, some white sugar IS vegan. But also, I think Katie does a really good job of showing veganism as “doable” for the masses, as opposed to getting nit picky and worrying about trace ingredients when really that would turn more people off to the movement. We need to remember that the bigger goal here is not to eat as perfectly vegan as possible, but to inspire as many people as possible to adopt as cruelty-free a diet as possible. Here’s a really good debate about it: http://www.animalsuffering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9878

2. Kathy says:

White sugar is vegan, and not all white sugar is processed with bone char either.

13. I love the photo with your dog in the background. Your photos impress me every time, but that one might just be a favorite.

14. What a yummy and quick recipe! I love it! …..Food Network is always on in my house, maily because I can multi-task while it is on and I don’t feel the need to be 100% into it…. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

15. I would say u did pretty good in the baking challenge :) those cookies look great!
    my mom made similar ones for me last xmas!

16. They look amazing 😀 😀 So chewy and soft !

17. Moni'sMeals says:

These are my kind of recipe! I am always creating simple recipes myself and have yet to do a Oatmeal Cookie, this will work and I love how you just whipped it up.

Food network I watch yes and no…It depends, some of it is just overboard!

18. YUM! Looks delicious. I sometimes watch the food network- I love it.

19. I love Food Network! Chopped is one of my favorite episodes. It’s just so intense!!

20. I don’t have cable anymore, so I don’t watch food shows anymore. I didn’t like Food Network so much these last few years, but I do like the Cooking Channel. I hate the challenge shows though. The cookies look simply delicious!

21. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

I happen to be quite a Food Network junkie. Can you BELIEVE i used to crush on Jamie Oliver? Dang it.BTW- i never tried your fudge babies before (not sure why) but used the recipe for the crust of the truffle pie. Let me just say, thanks to me and my sister, there was hardly any left for the crust! Everyone loved it so we sill make some to eat on our trip to NC this weekend. mmm mmm good :)

22. I LOVE the food network, although not the regular half hour cooking shows, but the ones like Chopped and Hell’s Kitchen, the competitions! They are so fun to watch!

23. MigraineMe says:

I never watched the Food Network until I moved in with my roommate, who introduced me to the Food Network and to blogs, both of which have been great discoveries for me! The only problem – I could watch and read for hours because there’s so much to learn from other people! :) Also, these gluten-free cookies look great – I have been doing gluten-free for migraines (as there is apparently a correlation for some people) and these cookies look so great – Thank You!!!

24. Lisa Kline says:

Wow, those cookies look like they’d even be Weight Watchers-friendly! LOVE! Wonder if I could substitute chocolate chips for raisins 😉 haha

I do not watch the Food Network because I do not have cable or sattelite television (I have Netflix and DVDs – that’s it). When I did have tv in the past, I would watch Chopped, Hell’s Kitchen, and other reality cooking shows, but that’s about it for Food Network :)

25. Kelly says:

I could watch Food Network allllll day- it is probably a good thing that I don’t have cable!

These cookies are perfect timing- I’m trying to figure out why my belly hasn’t been happy, so I’m trying a “wheat-free” week. This should hit the spot as far as sweets! Though I’ll definitely add a dash of pumpkin pie spice to them for that spice cookie flavor. I find that the premixed pumpkin pie blend just hits all the right notes for me!

26. Mmmm I have been looking for a recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies that are gluten free! You’re amazing. I only watch comedies and dramas, and I don’t really have time to watch much of any Food Network.

27. You got skills, lady! I wouldn’t know what to do in a kitchen that didn’t have flour or peanut butter! Who are these people living without peanut butter?!

28. Ooh these sound like your flourless chocolate chip cookies but the oatmeal raisin version – and I LOVED your flourless chocolate chip cookies; I make them all the time because they’re so fast and easy! Yum!

29. I love watching the cooking challenge type shows, i.e Top Chef. If I do watch the regular food network shows, I have to record them so I can fast forward thru the commercials and the banter and the segments I don’t care to watch so that I can basically watch a 30 min episode in about 7 mins :)

Great looking cookies!

30. hi Katie! If i don’t have a blender/food processor/magic bulet, can i just mash all the ingredients together, form into cookie shapes and bake??? i’d love to make these! yummy!

1. Kathy says:

While I’m not sure if this will 100% work, I think it could work, but throwing the oats into the food processor makes it so that it’s like flour and the whole oats could make it not combine as well.

2. Try buying oat flour and using that instead of oats?

3. Alex says:

This is what I did with quick oats. I piled the dough into little mounds on the cookie sheet and flattened them down. It’ll look way too dry and crumbly, but if you let them cool completely on the cookie sheet, they’ll hold together pretty well.

As Kathy said, I’ll whir the oats in the food processor next time.

31. I love watching the food network! These look great girl 😀

32. Wow, it’s amazing that you were able to make up this recipe on the spot in an almost-barren kitchen! So impressive. And I love when I already have all of the ingredients for a recipe on hand like I do for this recipe. I’m giving up chocolate for Lent (crazy, I know) so I think these cookies might be making an appearance when I get a craving for sweets!

33. I love chopped!!! Such a great show!! The stuff they come up with is AMAZING!

34. I don’t really watch them anymore. They were great for me back when I was intimidated by cooking and knew nothing about it, but now when I have questions I just google them. Your cookies look yummy!

35. Trish says:

So I admit I’m not a huge raisin fan, unless they are those big golden ones that you find in curried chicken salads (I know, very UNvegan…sorry folks!). However, I did make your chocolate chip cookies that were from this base recipe, and they were really, really good. I was honestly expecting mine to turn out dry, and even with my own vegan chocolate chip recipe I use a lot of fat, so they are totally different in texture and taste. These reminded me of these oatmeal cookies that my mother would buy for me as a child. I don’t even know what brand they were…I don’t think they were a brand anyone would recognize…and I know they were iced. But the flavor was almost identical, and I loved those cookies. I ate the entire batch last night, lol. But I didn’t feel too bad…they were so low in fat and I used a little xylitol in place of the white sugar, so it was all good. :-)

36. Debbie says:

What a CUTE doggie!!! Do tell – is that yours? What kind is he/she?? ADORABLE!!!!

37. Amber K says:

I used to love to watch the Food Network, but it always made me hungry! Or they spend far too much time cooking meat, and I’d really rather not watch it.

38. great looking cookies!! way to improvise outside of your kitchen, katie! these remind me of your atmeal raisin breakfast cookies (which I have yet to make!) Now I have to make both. these look delicious. :)

39. Liz says:

Just took them out of the oven. Ate two, and ran over here to tell you I have a new favorite cookie.

Fabulous!!!

40. katia says:

These are reeeeeally good. I was ALLLL HAPPY when I saw your post was an oatmeal raisin cookie today . I’m searching for my fave oatmeal raisin cookie, this might just be it. :DD yayyy!

41. katia says:

The one thing I did different was I added walnuts <3 yum. I'm a cinnamon fanatic so next time i'll throw some of that in as well.

42. Cute story! Are they chewy or crunchy?

1. depends on how long you cook them. Take out earlier for chewy, and store in a plastic container as opposed to glass for crunchy.

43. I enjoy watching cooking shows, but it really depends on my mood (and the type of food!). I prefer to watch ones about baked goods rather than dinner foods since I’m more likely to bake a cake from one of the shows.

44. I’m going to make these today! There perfect! Yes I watch food network, kind of obsessed with it!! :)

45. Kara says:

I do like cooking shows when and if I ever have free time. I’d much rather be in the kitchen doing my own cooking in my free time however. :) Can’t wait to try your cookies! They remind me of some I made awhile ago.

46. Yummm these look good. I just made your deep dish cookie pie last night and I am absolutely amazed at how incredible it is! It was the first recipe of yours I’ve made, and will be making many more of your recipes!

I watch Food Network & Cooking Channel obsessively. I don’t cook the vast majority of what I watch but I find it very relaxing, and it gives me tons of ideas for my own recipes.

47. Awww…my dad’s FAVORITE kind of cookies are oatmeal raisin (and molasses)!! When I am back in the states, I’m going to make these for him ASAP!! :)

48. Katie says:

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them…and I can even pull it off before I’ve gone to the grocery store for the week. :-)

49. KarenJ says:

I haven’t read through all the posts so I don’t know if anyone has directed you to Ree Drummond at Pioneer Woman. She has a number of blogs on one site, one or two of which are food related and one is photo related. Periodically she talks about techniques for photographing food on the photo one. It might be worth a look. Frankly, your photos all look mouth watering to me. And while that might not win prizes among the photo cogniscenti, in a food blog I think that’s what counts!

50. Montse says:

Nice ones! Thank you. Now that I have discovered that my cookie-making skills have improved, I am so gonna make this recipe!

51. Oh food gawker, so wonderfully addicting <3 !!!

52. These cookies look amazing and you are adorable :)
    I love how few ingredients there are in these cookies, I cannot wait to try them out. I especially love your pooch’s face lurking in the background of that one photo. Too cute.

53. Ivy says:

Just made these today. My kids and I loved them! Super yummy!!! Thank you!

54. Those cookies look delicious! I just bought quick oats today for another recipe, do you think they would good in place of the rolled oats? I don’t know much about oats to know what the difference is, if there is a difference. I think I have all the ingredients on hand to make these, if I use the quick oats.

1. I haven’t tried it, so I can’t say for sure.

2. Samantha says:

Tina, mine were made with quick oats because it is what I had around. I still did grind them down of course but they seemed to work fine for me for this recipe (I think there are recipes in which it matters.

55. Aja says:

I want a cookie! I like watching the crazy cupcake and cake shows. They can do some seriously insane stuff with cakes

56. Kylie says:

So simple! I can’t wait to try these out!

So many gluten free cookie recipes involve creating the perfect flour ratio out of flours that are not typically found in my kitchen. I love how these are made with such normal ingredients!

57. Chopped is one of my FAVORITE shows!!! I bet you’d beat them all if you starred in the show. :)

58. em says:

this recipe will be really great for my clients with wheat allergies; thanks Katie!

59. Kylie says:

So in the time since my above post, I made these and tasted them. I omitted the white sugar and they’re still great! Just what I was wanting:)

60. Meg says:

I’ve been looking for a great cookie recipe, healthy enough for breakfast! I think that I’ve found that right here. Thanks Katie!

61. Sharon says:

I made them, I ate them, I love them! Great recipe! I switched up the second batch I made and added dried cranberries!

62. BroccoliHut says:

Haha! I love food photos with pooches in the background :)

63. Katie Johnson says:

Hi CCK– I loooove your site, this is my first time commenting. Your recipes have changed the way I cook (in a good way!) I made these cookies in a magic bullet short cup with the raisins, oats, some coconut milk, applesauce, and spices. They turned out wonderfully and had no added sugar/fat! Thanks for providing such wonderful, healthy vegan recipes for us, your blog is now the most popular website among my friends!!

1. I love your idea to use coconut milk. Coconut makes ANYthing better! :)

64. J says:

Hey Katie
    I just have a question for you (and I mean no disrespect at all) but I notice that even when linking to food gawker you’re linking to YOUR page there. On pinterest you pin only your site is there a reason why?

1. Hi J/Joy,

Without a doubt, the “self promotion” aspect is my absolute least-favorite part of blogging. I hate it and feel so uncomfortable with it. In real life, I am NOT a person who likes the attention focused on herself. But any blogger who’s being honest will tell you that she loves when others visit her blog (unless it’s a private blog, or written for just family/friends, of course). Unfortunately, self-promotion is a necesity when it comes to spreading the word about one’s blog.

So the foodgawker thing is just a good business move. My goal with my blog is not to make tons of money; it’s to make enough that I can continue to do what I absolutely love for as long as possible! :)

1. Oh, and the pinterest thing: I don’t trust myself to make a real pinterest account for others’ pins. It’s too dangerous! I could spend all day pinning… there are so many awesome ideas on there!

65. I LOVE the Food Network because it’s so fun to see people passionate about cooking and baking! I love gleaning unique flavor combos from the dishes that they come up with. However, what I love WAY more than Food Network is reading CCK! Your recipes are the best, Katie! My roomie and I made a deep dish chocolate cookie pie over the weekend and ate the whole thing. I think these oatmeal cookies are next on my list. Thanks for another great recipe!

66. Sara says:

Hey Katie,
    I was just wondering, when you say brown sugar, do you mean packed brown sugar?
    and for dates, do you use dried dates or fresh ones?

also, your recipes are absolutely AMAZING!! :)

1. dried dates, and I never bother to pack the sugar.
      Thank you!!

67. Lauryn says:

Hey Katie,
    I discovered your website yesterday. I’m in love..Since I only cook over the weekends I’m compiling my list. Awesome site.

68. Emilia says:

What a great story to go with these cookies! I love how you use oats to make the “flour” such a good idea. I used to watch the food network, but I rarely do anymore. My favorite was “unwrapped” where they showed you how many different mass-market foods are made. Fascinating stuff!

69. Emma says:

4 random things not entirely related to this post, but things I wanted to tell you anyways:

1) Thank you for posting the nutritional info for your recipes! Although it would be nice to know exactly how much each serving is calculated for– for example, if the recipe says it makes 10-12 cookies, it would be helpful if the nutritional stats said “for 10 cookies, x calories per cookie,” or if you give the serving size in grams, maybe include the amount in tablespoons too, etc. (I know you do this for the majority of your recipes but some just say “x calories per cookie” or “x calories per serving” without saying how many servings the recipe yields).

2) Thank you for not writing about every single meal you consume or every single workout you do! Recipes and/or new favorite food combinations or ideas are one thing, and occasional posts about exercising are all fine and good, but does the world really need an entire post dedicated to the same bowl of oatmeal, the same salad, and the same pot of mac and cheese, and the same workout routines, 3 times a day, every single day? Considering how self-centered people are today I feel so hypocritical saying this, but honestly, I really don’t care!

3) Thank you for assuming that your readers have brains and can think for themselves. Most vegans probably know to use non-dairy milks, and people who can’t have gluten are probably aware that they should use certified gluten-free products if needed when they make your recipes. It drives me up the wall when bloggers only use certain brands and readers panic if they don’t have those exact ingredients on hand, and either think they can’t make the recipes without them or bash you for not being specific (for example, the debate earlier in the comments on this page about vegan sugar).

4) Thank you for not using Recipage! It is so aggravating when you’re trying to look up general recipes and the words “cookie” and “cookies” yield totally different results.

Okay, that is all :) I was trying to reduce the number of emails I get every day and was eliminating many blogs based on these things; obviously yours made the cut! Thanks again for your wonderful blog and recipes. I usually read yours last when sorting through my inbox– save the best for last!

1. Wow, thank YOU for such a kind (and thoughtful) comment :).

I definitely DO try to not waste my readers’ time, especially with posts that have absolutely no point (or with recipes that I’m not in love with, just for the sake of posting something).

And recipage… I agree with you on that, too. In fact, I went down the road of trying to fit my recipes into categories, but I decided it was annoying to make everyone have to open separate pages to view the cookie recipes, the pie recipes, the raw recipes… So now I just list all of them in one spot (well, or two: desserts and non-desserts).

As for the nutrition info, if it says more than one amount, the higher number of servings will be the amount calculated unless otherwise stated.

70. LizAshlee says:

Yummy! I love cookies!

71. These sound so easy! Great idea!

72. Angela says:

A person without chocolate shouldn’t be trusted…that made me laugh. so true!

I also agree with you in the sense that I don’t like to watch lots of food shows or do food-related activities in my free time. I feel like it’s overload. Otherwise, I’m just thinking of ideas and whatnot.

73. Look at that doggie! :)
    I used to watch the Food Network all the time when I was in college. That’s when Emeril was new and everyone was obsessed with him. I watched Duff when his show first came on, because he went to my college and the bakery is right downtown. Now I really just watch Chopped – I LOVE that show! I also watch The Next Food Network Star when that’s on.

74. Jenna says:

Impressive! I bet these would be good with applesauce in place of oil/butter, as well! :)

75. Kat says:

I make flour-less oatmeal cookies all the time. It’s a great way to make a healthier gluten free cookie. But I use Gluten Free oats so there is no problem with the contamination with regular oats.
    I used to be addicted to the Food Network, but recently I just have had no desire to watch it at all. The shows suck now, and I miss Good Eats. That was the best show on Food Network.

76. Kathy says:

These cookies are simply excellent!! I just had one and am eating another right now. I reduced the total sugar to 2 tbsp (saves…15-20g sugar? Haha ^^) and upped the raisin amount to 1/4 cup! Awesome cookies!!

1. Kathy says:

oh, and I added in 1/2 a tsp of cinnamon :]

77. Taylor says:

Katie, I just made these and they didn’t quite turn out right. How long are you supposed to process the ingredients in the food processor? My cookies just kind of fell apart :/ They still taste good though :)

1. I don’t process them for very long… sorry I can’t be more helpful :(

78. Cassandra Bishop says:

These are soooo good. And super easy! I’m definitely making these again!

79. um…i do NOTHING but watch the food network. it’s on right now, as i type!

80. michelle says:

Awesome as usual! Is it bad they were eaten before my 4friend yo had any? Guess ill have to make again 😉

81. Food Network was my favorite channel before I got rid of my cable! Now that I’m vegan, I don’t know if it would hold the same joy since I can’t eat anything they make on their shows anymore :-( ….that’s actually a really sad realization I’m having ::sobs::

Anywho, to cheer myself up, I made a batch of these babies…I swapped raisins for dried cranberries and threw in a handful of cashews to blend with the flour. DY-NO-MITTTEEE 😛

1. Update:

Made these again today…this time I amped up my additions…added raisins, dried cranberries, cashews, sunflower seeds and…FRENCH ALMOND EXTRACT! Really elevated these babies to a new kind of tasty (who knew they could get any tastier?! lol)

Thanks Katie…you’ve saved me so much money on buying unhealthy, mediocre snacks!

1. Yum, that sounds delicious! French almond extract… I’ve never heard of it!

82. Liz says:

I made these the day you posted them and they are really really delicious! I wouldn’t even need a “real” one since I think they taste exactly the same! Kudos! I added a couple chocolate chips for enhancement… 😉

83. These oatmeal raisin cookies accomplished 3 things today:
    1) Tasted divine
    2) Converted oatmeal raisin cookie haters into fans
    3) Gobbled up by a crowd of omnis

84. Monica says:

Just made these for my son and I who are both gluten free. Thank you for the recipe! Delicious!! Keep the gf recipes coming! :-)

85. Kate says:

I hate raisins, but find that dried cranberries or dried cherries are a good substitute.

86. Judy says:

These cookies are addictive! Even my husband, who is NOT fond of “healthy” food loves them. I didn’t have raisins, but did have dried blueberries in the pantry so subbed those — Delicious! Thank you!!

87. Allyson says:

These turned out SO good! I used applesauce instead of the oil, and only 1 T of white sugar. I think I might even reduce the sugar a little more next time. Also, I added about 3 chocolate chips to the tops of these while they were baking — gotta have some chocolate! Thanks for this recipe, and ALL of your recipes! I am trying one of your recipes every weekend and they have all been fabulous! Blueberry pancakes last weekend = fabulous!! :-) Have a great day!

88. lauren says:

Oats actually contain gluten

89. Angie says:

I just made these and they came out great! I used cranberry raisins and I sort of over baked them because I forgot about them! But they were still really good, my boyfriend loved them!

Thanks for the recipe!

90. Jess says:

Thank you so much for these…my doc has me ‘trying’ gluten-free for a while, she thinks I’m just wheat intolerant. I have been do quite well – my hubby bought me a GF chocolate torte from a local baker & it was so good, but sometimes my sweet tooth wants something w/o chocolate, so there is still some in the freezer. My fav cookie is oatmeal-raisin & when my mom called from an excellent bakery to see what kind of cookies to bring my kids, she listed oat-raisin & I started craving them. Today as the kids were eating their cookies (not oat-raisin, thankfully) I decided to go online & search. I found you right away. They are so good, but mine are not very cookie like, they fall apart. I added 1 1/2 T of milk, do you think that was too much? Also, I love vanilla in my oat-raisin cookie, I do not bake very often, so tweaking recipes is not my thing. Could I add vanilla, & if so how much & what would it replace? I am so happy to have these, tomorrow my mom’s group is having a group b-day party, I’ll eat a few of these before I leave & take some fruit to eat at the ‘party’ & I won’t feel like I am missing out on anything. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

1. Did you make sure and blend the oats completely before baking? Sorry, I don’t know how much vanilla to add. Start out small (1/4 tsp?) and taste the batter :).

91. Mar says:

Quick question! By “T”, are you implying tablespoon? Thanks!

1. Yes, sorry for the confusion!

92. Ali says:

These look good, but I thought that oats had gluten in them?

1. Oats actually don’t have gluten. But if you’re a true Celiac, you should buy certified-gf oats (such as Bob’s Red Mill) because of cross-contamination in factories.

93. These are really good! I’ve been making them for my husband who’s on an elimination diet to help with his asthma (no gluten, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, or peanuts for now). We like them better with an extra 1/2Tbsp. of oil, personally. Ben said that “perfected” them. :)

94. I just made these with my young girls. SO much easier (and less messy) when there is no flour involved. I have a question — we doubled the recipe and only ended up with 7 cookies. They weren’t huge cookies but a good size. We patted them down. Did I miss something? How big were your final cookies?

1. Normal-sized… like the ones in the photo 😕

95. Kimberly says:

I made these yesterday (got 10 cookie from a double batch and added chocolate chips) and they were fantastic! They were moist and held together well. Just for fun I also made a traditional version. I liked that these weren’t as sweet as the traditional version and that my husband didn’t complain that these tasted too healthy. Thanks!

96. Jasmine says:

Hey katie , I just recently discovered your blog and I loove it!
    This recipe sounds awesome, but i was wonder if I could substitute the brown and white sugar for a 1/4 cup of mashed banana or apple puree?

1. Elizabeth says:

I am not sure about the sugar, but I substituted the butter/oil with unsweetened applesauce. Honey might also make a good replacement for the sugar (I haven’t tried it with this recipe, but have had success when I have used it in others). This recipe is easy enough you could quickly mix up several different variations and substitutions! :)

97. Joey says:

I made these, but substituted Craisins since I was out of raisins. Yummy!

98. I wanted to let you know this is my favorite recipe of yours that I have tried so far. This last time I made these I added 1 tsp. of cinnamon (to a triple recipe) and that made them even more delicious!! Thanks for the great recipes!

99. Anonymous says:

Oatmeal is not gluten free. Just for the record.

1. Leslie says:

Actually it is. Do your research.

100. Elizabeth says:

These are so good and EASY to make! I replaced the butter/oil with unsweetened applesauce and added some walnuts. I also doubled the batch which yielded a dozen and a half. My kids loved these and you can bet it is going in the recipe box!

101. Jenny says:

I just made these and they were great! I was surprised that they turned out so good without any eggs, I thought those were part of what makes cookies rise. I also added a splash of vanilla and sprinkle of cinnamon. Good thing it’s a small recipe so I don’t over indulge. Thanks!

102. K. says:

I replaced some of the sugar with honey which helped them hold better.

103. Lauren says:

I just pulled these out of the oven and they are delicious! I replaced the raisins with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips, so good! Even the dough is safe to eat…love that!

104. leanna says:

I noticed you used a blender in this recipe instead of a food processor…is it okay to use a blender for all your recipes??

105. Kelly says:

I recently discovered your site and can I just say Thank you for this recipe and a few others so far! My entire family loves these! I have replaced the butter/margarine with coconut oil with great success and use almond milk. If we aren’t in the mood for raisins, we add Enjoy Life chocolate chips. I have to multiply the recipe by 6 just to make it through a few days. They stay moist for up to a week which amazes me!

106. Lana says:

Yours look waaaay better than mine lady! That’s what I get for messing with the recipe. I thought it wasn’t going to stick together so I added another tablespoon of oil, coconut to boot.. aka my cookies melted in the oven rather than baked.. ahaha! They do taste delicious though, I always forget about the coconut oil and it’s melting/solidifying points (the number of times I’ve poured melted coconut oil into the wet ingredients including cold milk for muffins and it just forming huge clumps.. ahh. You would think I’d learn!) I popped them in the fridge to see if they will become more solid. Keen to try a bunch of your chocolate recipes – you rock !

Lana

107. Joey says:

I substituted craisins – yummy! Thx for the quick and easy recipe!

108. April says:

Hi Katie,
    I’m about to invest in my first ever food processor after a lot of research (too much…) I’ve finally narrowed it down to the Cuisinart prep plus 11 cup or the Cuisinart prep plus 9 cup. A lot of people recommended in reviews getting a larger food processor, but I usually cook in pretty small batches. For example, do you think I could make this recipe in the 11 or 9 cup processor, or would I have to double the ingredients to get it to work? Also do you think an 11 cup processor could work with 1 cup of almonds (for almond butter), or is that too little? Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

109. Kennedy says:

Wonderful recipe! I did add 1/4 tsp corn starch, to make a softer cookie. And the only issue I faced, was that the cookies got reallllly thin. They still tasted wonderful, though! Thank you for your blog, and the time you put into it!

110. Yummy, Oat meal raisin is my favorite!

111. Jen says:

Wow. I’ve been craving cookies but didn’t want to make a big batch and sabotage my weight loss efforts. LOVE how quick and easy this recipe is, and they taste fantastic. Also love that you used a magic bullet since that’s what I have! Your website and recipes are wonderful. Thank you so much! Oh! Also, I was so excited to find all of your recipes available on MyFitnessPal! So convenient.

112. Gilbert Pinson says:

Not sure why you need the baking soda, since it’s supposed to make pastry light and fluffy, not really a requirement for oatmeal cookies. Just lightly sweeten the oats with maple syrup (add flax to thicken to be fancy/healthy) and add the raisins (or nuts, or chocolate chips, whatever catches your fancy). Very simple.

1. It actually adds a little flavor. Strange, but true!

113. Rachel says:

I made these cookies today and I doubled mine and it only yielded 18 cookies. I used a Tbs scooper too… Are you sure it yields around 11??

114. Rachel says:

Well.. I just made these yesterday as her recipe described and mine didn’t yield a lot, even though i doubled the batch.. Today, I fiddled with this recipe just a bit..

Preheat oven to 375 (same as Katie’s) and bake for 7-8 minutes.. Or longer if you like yours a little bit crispy :) My doubled recipe yielded about 17 cookies.. and I used a 1 TBS scooper

1 1/2 cups oatmeal (not instant.. use old fashioned)
    1/2 tsp baking soda (makes the cookie tender)
    1/4 tsp baking powder (makes the cookie fluffy)
    4 TBS brown sugar
    1 TBS raw sugar
    pinch of salt

Blend those ingredients in a blender or food processor… Blend for about 1 minute
    Then, dump those contents into a bowl, with:

1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 TBS almond milk
    2 TBS butter
    4 TBS raisins (or more if you’d like..)

Mix all ingredients together- well.. bake as directed..

I also made a YUMMMYY cinnamon meringue topping (almost like icing but fat free! and almost no calories!!) for my cookies! TO DIE FOR!!!

115. Susann says:

These cookies are great, but I love the pic of your dog even more!
    That is waaaayyy beyond cute.

116. Maya says:

I don’t have white sugar at home. I only have coconut sugar. Can i use that instead?

117. Shauna says:

These cookies are amazing!!! I added a bit of vanilla (because I adore vanilla) and cinnamon – they are some of the best cookies I’ve ever had! Yum!!

118. Audrey says:

These cookies are AMAZING!! I was *craving* a cookie over the weekend and had no “normal” cookie ingerdients (eggs, butter, flour etc..) and your blog immediately jumped into my head. I whipped up a batch of these using my recently ordered organic, extra virgin coconut oil, golden raisins and adding a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. They were such a hit with boyfriend he insisted I make them again when we had dinner with his parents the next night- his dad LOVES oatmeal raisin cookies- and they were raved about! Keep the goodies coming lady!!

119. Dharshi says:

I made these cookies again and love them! :) But I just wanted to ask whether there was any reason why my cookies turn out smaller. Thank you sooo much again for all your recipes :)

120. jeny says:

Do you think a substitution of the “1 T plus 2 tsp white sugar or evaporated cane juice” with the same amount of Molasses would work?
    It looks like a great recipe. Though, I’m thinking of also adding in dried cranberry or apple bits, and using applesauce for the amount of oil/margarine you suggest.

1. Sorry, I really don’t know how any subs will work unless I try. If you try it, be sure to report back!

121. Lauren says:

why do you use baking soda in this recipe as there is no acid to activate it?

1. Taste. Sounds weird, but it’s true!

122. Brandy says:

I just made these and they are…WONDERFUL! Thank you!

123. cam says:

This is fantastic… I was just craving cookies but dismayed at my impoverished-college-student pantry. Luckily I have all these ingredients!

124. terri says:

just made the flourless oatmeal cookies. couldn’t believe they’d work, but they did!
    i tripled the recipe, cause i’m in that kind of mood, added sunflower seeds with the raisins and cooked the pan-cookie for two minutes longer and boom! done and deelish. thanks…i think!?

125. Thanks a bunch for sharing this recipe!!! My dd has food allergies and this recipe is perfectly ok for her :-). Found your recipe today, already baked them and they are great! I doubled it, used quick oats, raw sugar, replaced white sugar/cane juice for blue agave and left raisins out ’cause didn’t have any. I also added vanilla and cinnamon.
    This is going to be our oatmeal cookie recipe now!

126. Kanan says:

Hi Katie –

I made these today, and they are…amazing. Super simple, and superrrr delicious. I added 1tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 heaped tsp of cinnamon. Made 9 cookies. Perfect for just me (for the next few days…I hope). But seriously, I was surprised at their flavor (they remind me of the yummy, chewy oatmeal cookies from the grocery store from my childhood) and how they held up despite so few ingredients. Thanks for this fabulous recipe!!!

-Kanan

127. Camille says:

Hey Katie! Can you use chocolate chips in these? I didn’t know if the lack of flour would affect how the chocolate bakes or anything. Thank you!!

128. Anne says:

These cookies are amazing!!!! Love your site!!!!

129. rachel says:

this is amazing!! i cant eat wheat but can tolerate oats and makes such a difference having a recipe not loaded with butter and milk!! and being from England they are perfect with a nice cup of tea, absolutely delicious!!

130. Soo says:

Hi Katie, what’s the ‘T’ in your ingredients measurement (eg. 2 T raisins)? Thanks.

131. Catherine says:

fun fact, if you don’t own a food processor they make tasty granola blobs :) I put in peanut butter and flax seeds as well.

132. Kate says:

I’m a gf vegan living in a third-world country at the moment, and I’ve really been craving North American baked goods…cookies, cakes, etc. However, I only have very simple ingredients available to me (and no measuring utensils), so I’ve been in a bit of a pinch. These cookies totally made my day. I had most of the ingredients, I was able to eyeball the measurements, and they still turned out great. lol I have to admit that I ate the first batch all by myself (the second and third batches got shared though). Thanks so much for posting simple, healthy, gf recipes! I’m so delighted to have found your blog. :)

133. Nicole says:

These were a huge hit!! My family loved them! Didn’t make a lot and they were little baby cookies- but next time I’ll just double the recipe! So easy in my magic bullet!! Perfect. :)

134. Taneall says:

My 3 year old son just ate a whole batch of these for breakfast!

135. Bronwen says:

These cookies are great! I added about 1/8 tsp of cinnamon and 1/16 tsp ginger (I could have left the ginger out) because I like spices in everything.

136. Morgan says:

My cookies are really extremely soft should I have them rest longer or am I doing something else wrong.

137. Tory says:

I made these this afternoon! I added in some cinnamon, for me, oatmeal and cinnamon go together!
    They are delicious!

138. Michelle D. says:

Thank you! I made these and they were delicious!!!! Next time I will at least double the batch though, since they are already gone! Yum.

139. Kaylee says:

Didn’t have rasins so I made them with chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Yum!! Thanks!

140. Anastasia says:

Hi! I’ve made these cookies for my mom and dad 3 times and every time they have turned out wonderful! I’m 11 and I love baking! When I’m grown up I am going to have my own restaurant :) So far, I have 1 recipe so far, it’s for gluten-free, vegan, blueberry apple muffins. Thanks for sharing your recipes, I have read just about everyone of them!
    Love, Anastasia :) :) :)

141. happy visitor says:

Hi Katie,
    I know this was posted eons ago, but just wanted to tell you that I am a big fan of your blog, and this is my favorite go-to recipe when I want a cookie! Sometimes I modify and use chocolate chips or m&ms instead of raisins :) So easy and the perfect amount for me and my hubby to indulge together. Thanks for all your hard work on this great site. I struggle with my weight… so I really find your blog inspiring and encouraging!

142. Miarou says:

I LOVE these cookies. They are so easy to make and they work great for when I feel lazy. These taste a lot like Lucy’s Oatmeal Cookies but without the chemical/processed aftertaste. YUM YUM YUM.

143. vbamagirl says:

The cookies were delicious, I added home made peanut butter and chopped almonds. I really like how easy they are to make.
    Thanks for sharing!

144. bluidshay says:

Making these right now. I added vanilla and cinnamon and use regular old cow milk. A double batch yielded only a bakers’ dozen normal sized cookies. If they taste half as good as the spoon did I may have to make more! I am going to sub honey for white sugar next time.

145. Cindy says:

What are some things I can substitute for the raisins?

1. chocolate chips? cranberries? dried cherries? :)

146. Helena says:

When you say ‘T’ am I right in assuming that means tbsp?

1. Yes, sorry for the confusion. All of my more-recent recipes now use tbsp, but some of the older ones still say T. It’s for a tablespoon.

147. kate says:

OMG THANK YOU for this recipe!! I made these without raisins but they were STILL the best cookies I’ve ever tasted! they are so good with cream cheese frosting, too!

148. Lilian says:

I made these and some fudge babies for my family last week and we all loved them! I love your blog and all your recipes! Thank you :)

149. Sushma says:

Wow Katie, these cookies are amazing! I added mini chocolate chips and they were a blast. I baked them for around 9 minutes since I made 7 big cookies out of the dough, and they turned out crispy, almost similar in texture to your chocolate lace cookies. These will be my go to oatmeal raisin cookies. My husband absolutely loved them and was surprised that the whole bath of cookies has only a tbsp of oil. Thank you, Katie!

150. Tanya K says:

So happy I found your website — I just made these and they are absolutely delicious!! I left out the white sugar completely and they were still plenty sweet to me… I also had to up the baking time a little bit because after 6 mins they were still mush but I’m sure it varies by oven. Thanks for this awesome recipe!

151. Heidi says:

Do I need to process the dry ingredients until a flour consistency or should we still be able to see some oats? I attempted this and they fell apart. Not sure what I did wrong….

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Process to a fine flour.

152. Jessica says:

I am in love your blog and these cookies. I made a post on my blog http://pastrywizard.blogspot.com/ about them (giving you credit of course). Thought you’d like to see how they came out. :)

153. Latoya C says:

AWESOME….. AWESOME….. AWESOME…… Movving forward with my weight lost journey I have lost 50 pounds to date in about a year. From time to time I like to enjoy a little sin. This cookie was beyond awesome. I added a few diced organic raw almonds and coconut flakes. I baked them together with my daughter. We had an awesome time and she agreed (she’s 10 by the way) that these were the best oatmeal cookies ever.

154. Tracy Bergeon says:

I just wanted to share that we put on a showing of the movie Forks Over Knives and we did a tasting after the movie of plant based foods. I made these cookies and they were so easy, tasted so good and fit the bill with being vegan and gluten free. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes, we have fun trying new ones as they all look so yummy.

1. Thank you so so much for making them!

155. Zmom2 says:

First let me say I came across this blog by chance…I stayed around for a little and let’s be honest…I’m addicted. Not only do I stalk the pages on the daily…(even though I know I’ve seen the recipes countless times) I have sent my girlfriends over to the blog to see why I have been holed up in my kitchen “testing” your recipes and sending them over recipes to try themselves! I am very health concious when it comes to having my cake and eating it too so to be able to make healthy desserts for my family and my kids that taste amazing has my vote anyday!
    I made these cookies tonight because I have yet to do my “chocolate covered Katie grocery shopping” for the week and its what I had on hand. My kids loved them…I loved them and when hubby gets home he will love them! I did however add a smidge of chocolate shavings and used agave in place of white sugar. I am truly looking forward to your cookbook (eta?) ad making more of your delicious treats!

156. Madison says:

Delicious! I was looking for something to make from my bare cubbard and this came together so quickly! I added 1 T whole wheat flour because I wasn’t getting them to stick together well enough. Thanks Katie!

157. Alan says:

This started as an experiment with our new Omega Juicer, to see if it could make decent applesauce. It really got started with wanting some oatmeal cookies sans wheat flour, and I remembered making basically oatmeal flour in our blender. So one thing led to another.

As I also transfered the apple “smush” to the food processor, which made awesome applesauce. Then I added the “oatmeal flour” to the applesauce, thinkiong it would serve as the fat, since I didn’t want to use butter. At that point I was kinda stuck and ran into the office to see what I could find for “flourless” oatmeal cookies and walla!

So I added, salt and baking powder, the sugars, some ground cinnamon, dried cranberries, raisins and some walnuts. I mixed it all up and baked for 10 minutes at 375. I just ate one and have to go back for another! A little different but really good…but then anything warm nearly always is.

158. aria says:

can you do this recipe without blending????
    tots <3 u
    (im 11)

159. Rose says:

Just made them, delicious – thank you! I was hoping to find a flourless healthy option for breakfast :) Instead of white sugar, I just added a little more brown sugar which tastes great. Do you think it work with applesauce instead of the oil? I will definitely explore more of your recipes…. thanks again!

160. snow says:

Katie, I love these cookies and you are a doll! I referenced you and this recipie in my blog post after I made these because they were SO good. Thank you so much for sharing them.

–snow

161. Reba says:

um….you forgot the egg! I realized it after I tried to form them… really tasty, though!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The recipe actually needs no egg.

162. Katie thanks for the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ~ I used Coconut sugar
    For the Brown and Xylitol for the white and my Favorite oil (Super Lignan Flax)
    And Added pumpkin seeds ~ anytime I can use a dessert
    As An excuse to eat more seeds especially for my kids (I’m over 6,000 feet in
    CO so I had to bake for 8 min). Tasted delicious and nutritious

163. Amazing cookies Katie ~ so delicious and nutritious all at the
    Same time ~ I substituted Coconut Sugar for the Brown and
    Xylitol for white~ Rice Milk worked perfect ~ and added a bunch of
    Pumpkin seeds ~ anytime I can use a dessert for an excuse
    To add seeds especially so my kids will eat them
    I ate about half my batch since there were so many natural
    And great ingredients and best of all, no flour….
    Love your website Katie

164. Hi Katie,

Just made these and they were delicious! I left out the white sugar and actually used agave in place of the brown- worked well :)

165. Janet says:

I’m glad I came across this recipe today! These cookies are awesome! I love them! This is a new favorite now :-) They are extremely easy to make with less ingredients than your usual recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I am planning to write this on a card for quick reference…also will make a larger batch.
    Another note…take them off the cookie sheets promptly. I didn’t, and they became flat and were more difficult to remove.

Hope this helps!

1. Janet says:

I was looking at the recipe again and realized these were raisin. :-) I guess I made them less healthy and added chocolate chips. We wanted a tasty chocolate something though :-) …we’ll have to switch the recipe up and add nuts next time like I noticed some others did.

166. Katie says:

I made these out of desperation. We have hadmany failed attempts at gluten free/vegan cookies, so thanks for the recipe. These were so good we immediately made another batch adding more healthy stuff in (hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, ground flax seed, coconut oil for half the oil), then another batch with all the extras and less sugar. Unbelievable! I nanny for a five and three year old. They helped make these and helped make them disappear 😉
    Healthyish cookies that taste awesome… In the words of the five year old “You Rock!”

167. Jennifer says:

You always make the most AMAZING healthy desserts! I love that while I want to eat healthy I can indulge in a delicious guilt free dessert everyday if I want to. Your cauliflower/ pumpkin brownies/ cake are to die for!!!!! I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks Katie!

168. Susan says:

Thankyou for your hard work; you change our lives for the better every single day!

169. Jerilyn says:

Hi…I am new to your website and love what I see. I just made these cookies tonight and they were great. I used 1 T. mini-chocolate chips for the raisins, and used slightly less white sugar. My oven took a total of nine minutes and done. Wow, a easy, healthy, wheat-free cookie recipe I can feel good about eating and enjoying with no exotic ingredients required…THANK YOU!

170. Nicole says:

Katie, I love all of your recipes! My boyfriend isn’t a huge fan of chocolate chips :( I know what you’re thinking, how weird!!! I was just curious to see if you can tell me what modifications I should make to the Cookie Cake for an oatmeal-raisin version. Thanks!

171. Sherita says:

I’ve been looking for a flourless oatmeal cookie recipe forever! I’m elated you have posted this recipe and I can’t wait to try!

172. KayRen says:

I just made a batch if these and they are soooo delicious! I’m really happy to have found an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe that is so tasty and so healthy! Thanks Katie!

173. Charli says:

I absolutely love this recipe. I first made these months ago and now have an oat cookie craving so plan on making some today using cranberries instead of raisins. Perfect addition to afternoon tea!

174. chrism says:

In your cookie recipes … what does ‘T’ stand for ?
    2 T of this or 1 T of that … ?

( Stupid English, yeah ? ).

Chris M.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Tablespoon.

175. Brooke says:

Oats are not gluten free

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Actually, they are.

176. Chris says:

Hey Katie!

Can I swap out rolled oats for instant oats?

Cheers!

177. Ellie says:

What does the T stand for in the list of ingredients please? Need to know yesterday as I’m itching to get making these.
    Thanks

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Tablespoon.

1. Ellie says:

178. Candace says:

I loved these cookies! I don’t like raisins, so I left those out and added 1/4 t each of cinnamon and vanilla! Really delicious and SO easy! Thank you Katie for another great recipe!

179. Maria says:

Hi Katie have u tried these with coconut oil?

Also rolled oats are not gluten free. You have to actually buy “gluten free rolled oats” my sisters in law are celiac, amazon has some great gluten free rolled oats.

1. They work with coconut oil!
      Oats are actually gluten-free, but most are made on shared equipment with wheat products so for true celiacs you’d need to look for certified gf oats :)

180. Rachel says:

I just found your recipe while browsing pinterest for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I couldn’t believe how easy they were! I added some extra raisins because I love them, and a dash each of cinnamon and ginger. They were perfect! Will definitely make them again.

1. Thank you so much for making them!

181. Xaviera says:

i made them !! they tasted superve!

182. Margaret White says:

I thank you for the gluten free recipe. I love oatmeal raisin cookies but haven’t found a gluten free one until now. I have a gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe that is the best peanut butter tasting cookie I have ever had. It just happened to be gluten free.
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Mix all together and bake at 350 degrees. This is not a vegan recipe. I just noticed that.
    But it is simple and tasty.

183. sher says:

ended up not blending this and it came out as granola

184. Carrie says:

Thanks for another awesome recipe, Katie. Made a triple batch of these tonight after we ran out of butter and they were devoured. My 5 year old told me that I was the best ‘cooker’. Thanks for making me look good. :)

185. Clover says:

Thanks Katie! These are so beautiful, and the first recipe I’ve tried from your site. :)
    For people without a blender: the first time I made them I used whole oats. I didn’t realise they’d rise so well so I made each one too big and they began to stick together while baking. They crumbled when I tried to shape them and again when they were cooked and dry, although they tasted delicious. The next time I wanted to try oat flour, but couldn’t get any so I used wheat flour – they stayed together perfectly. But I do think the oats have a flavour that can’t be missed, so I’m really looking forward to trying some with oat flour.
    I only used brown sugar in mine, with a bit of honey and extra raisins. I can’t get over how delicious they are, especially for only 50-ish calories each. The oats make them quite filling as well (if you eat as many as I did ;)).

186. Erica says:

Katie:
    I predict you will rise to great fame. I’ve enjoyed following your recipes and I’m looking forward to getting your cookbook in the mail. My kids are both type 1 diabetics (meaning they are insulin-dependent and they did *nothing* to get this disease), and I appreciate your hard work in finding ways to substitute bleached flour & refined sugar with healthier ingredients.

187. Edie says:

I just made these. A little bit crumbly but, so yummy! I appreciate your smaller recipe sizes. I was having a rough day and this recipe hit the spot without leaving me tons of cookies. I added cranberries.

188. dee says:

Katie I’ve been trying your recipes out for a while now always with great success. I somehow missed this recipe but girl….you are nothing short of genius!! Congrats on the success of your book and may your tribe increase !!! Thanks for sharing your recipes and passion with the rest of us xo

189. Kiki says:

Ermagad! I replaced the white sugar with 1 tblspn honey and added some sesame seeds because I love their nutty taste. Those two are apparently best buds with oatmeal and raisins flavour wise. Yum!

190. Jerilyn says:

Hi…just want to say thank you for this great recipe…I have been making them for over a year now and they are my go-to easy oat cookie recipe. I make mine with mini chocolate chips, and sometimes other add-ins. Mine don’t look like yours, as mine are about 1 1-2″ across and more of a dome shaped cookie, but they taste great and always turn out well. Thank you so much!

191. Jerilyn says:

P.S. I make double or triple batches at a time and except for grinding the rolled oats in my Magic Bullet to make the oat flour, the oat flour and the rest of the ingredients all get mixed by hand in a bowl and the dough comes together great!

192. Phoebe violet says:

Hello, this sounds like an incredible recipe that I can’t wait to make but was just wondering how many calories per cookie? Thankyou very much :) x

193. Dolores winters says:

wow!!, thank you!! Made four batches, needed to make gluten free cookies for a sick friend. Loved them so much, I made extra.

194. Kate says:

Wow these look amazing!! i have to try them soon :)

195. Brandy says:

These are GREAT! I just made them for my household. My brother is in LOVE with them haha. He and I are always trying to eat healthier versions of things…these Flourless Oatmeal Cookies did the trick ;).

196. Kalyani says:

Hi ! I made these cookies with very minor changes and turned it into a vegan one !! We loved it a lot n am sure to make these very often now.. Flourless recipes never tasted better .. Thanks a bunch

197. NanetteKapi says:

I too, am trolling through my impovished cabinets looking to bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies for when that sweet tooth hits during m movie watching. I am low on flour and do NOT want to run to the store just for that. I thought about increasing my oats to compensate. Here is to baking on a budget.

198. Ginger says:

I love oatmeal cookies, so definitely going to try this recipe. I usually add powdered cinammon and cloves to them though- it makes the cookies taste amazing!

199. Sara says:

I made this recipe a couple days ago with my friend Taylor and we absolutely fell in love with this recipe! We made a bunch of them and brought them to eat at the drive in! Great recipe!

200. Baylin says:

Cinnamon surger is a great topping