Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Here is what happened on Saturday…

Such a creative post title.

blissful bites

The most exciting part of Saturday’s vegan bake sale wasn’t the food.

It was getting to finally meet my friend, Christy, in person. (She’s the author of the fabulous vegan cookbook, Blissful Bites, and 23 of her recipes are also in the new Skinny B*tch cookbook… so basically, I felt like I met a celebrity :).) I was also lucky enough to meet Jade, the incredible girl who organized the entire bake sale!

Christy and I talked for so long that I almost forgot to scope out the vegan baked goods.

Almost, but not quite.

dallas vegan

See my huge smile?

Since it was a good cause, and since I’m lousy at making decisions, I went crazy and bought lots of baked goods. Let’s see if I can remember them all… Rocky road cake ball, sweet potato empanada, mini doughnut, cinnamon-sugar doughnut, blueberry muffin, lemon coffeecake muffin, chocolate-pb cookie, banana bread, cinnamon roll, and ginger-spice cookie:

vegan desserts

My friend Amy invited a few girls over after work, so I brought the box along and we had fun tasting everything. Some of the treats were delicious; others were just ok. The ginger-spice cookie was absolutely awesome… and I don’t normally even like spice cookies!

I do have a recipe for Raw Gingerbread Men.

But I want to try making soft cookies like the one above (it’s hiding under the muffin and the empanada). If the baker of that cookie happens to be reading this post, please accept my thanks for money well spent.

vegan bake sale

Above, gorgeous cakes from Spiral Diner, and a cute little shopper!

Question of the Day:

Have you met any of your online friends in person?

If you want to laugh, be sure to check out this very old post.

It’s a post of my first-ever blogger meetup! 🙂

1. Those baked goodies look so good, especially the sweet potato empanadas 😀 That’s so cute that you got to meet up with your friend ^^

2. AikoVenus says:

The bake sale looks great – and you two look fantastic! ^^ I’ve made lots of online/blogger friends but I haven’t been able to meet them just yet, I know that it will be soon enough though!

1. Jessica says:

Me too! I feel like I have more online friends than friends in the real world, simply becasue all my real world friends have moved away after college but I can keep track of my online frieds. But I haven’t met any of my online friends in real life.

1. Jessica says:

Sorry, “friends” not “frieds” 🙂

2. AikoVenus says:

I agree Jessica. ^^ I just love being able to have such a variety of friends, heh.

3. How fun! I wish I could’ve gone! I also wish that had something like that here 😀

1. They probably did! It was part of the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale! 🙂

4. Samantha D says:

That looks epically delicious! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!
    Also, I don’t know if its just me, but your emails are a day late, like today I got the email about the cosmic chocolate peppermint patties and not this one? Is that on purpose?

1. It’s not just you! An unfortunately I have no idea what’s up :(.

My email system has a mind of its own. Sometimes it skips posts altogether! I wish I knew why, or how to fix it.

1. Sarah says:

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was the only one!

2. Jules says:

Do you have separate e-mails for posts and personal? I tried to e-mail asking advice on veganism/vegetarianism and I never got a reply 🙁 I was hoping maybe I just e-mailed you to the wrong place? My e-mail was sent as me replying to one of the e-mails about a post. I know you’re super duper busy with e-mails and blogging so i completely understand…I was just wondering because you seem like such an amazing person and I would love to talk to you and ask your advice because you’re like my Vegan Idol!

1. Nope I don’t get email replies sent to feedburner. Email me at chocolatecoveredkatie at msn. 🙂

5. I’ve never met any other bloggers but hope to someday! I think I’d be nervous but everyone makes them look so fun and comfortable.

6. I have yet to meet any of my online frineds but there are a couple that I would just LOVE to meet since it feels like I know them already! …..What a yummy stash you got away with! Mmmmmm!

7. Samantha says:

Your bake sale had a really cute set up! I love that it was more outdoors market-style. Those cakes are like an art project!

How fun you got to meet another known vegan baker! I have yet to meet any of my online friends but I definitely would love to. I agree that I might be a little nervous or it might be intimidating but there are some great people in the world and I love that the online world brings in people I may have never crossed.

PS. I did laugh about the old post. Even in the Seattle area for the longest time I really didn’t know any other vegans.

8. Candice says:

This looks like so much fun! I would’ve been all over that cinnamon roll!

As a side note, your hair is just gorgeous. It always looks so full and vibrant. Maybe because of your healthy diet?
    Do you have any recommendations for a girl who seriously hates her dry hair???

1. Candice says:

Sorry, I meant recommendations as in products, or even what foods to eat for healthy hair? Any tips would be appreciated! 🙂

1. Lisa C says:

+1 about the hair, Katie.

Candice, have you seen this post?

1. Jamie says:

the coconut shampoo and conditioner she recommends in that post is my favorite thing in LIFE. (okay maybe not really, but it’s top 5.)

1. L. says:

It says “gluten free” on there. I never understood that until I opened it and used it. I want to eat that shampoo, it smells so good ;).

9. I haven’t had the opportunity to meet any online firnds, but I hope to one day! What a fun event!

10. I would KILL to go to a vegan bake sale. I want some of those cakes in the last picture so badly. That’s my only problem with vegan desserts…you most definitely would never find them anywhere unless it’s at Whole Foods or at a vegan-specific sale haha. Come to me, cake!!

11. Did you mention yet what cause the money was for?

And it looks like it was a lot of fun.

1. Lisa C says:

I remember she posted in a comment it was the United Farm Workers of America.

I think different vegan bake sales were allowed to pick different charities. For example, the one I attended gave the proceeds to the Humane Society.

12. Lisa C says:

It looks like you had such a great time. I’m only surprised there’s not more chocolate in that box of yours ;).

1. There were hardly any chocolate things by the time I got there! I think either people grabbed them all in the beginning, or bakers didn’t make chocolate things for fear of melting.

13. Jamie says:

i forgot that was saturday! i’m so sad now! everything looked delicious…

14. Farah says:

YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!!! And those baked goods just made my mouth water.

15. Aw, two of my favorite ladies! I love that you two got to meet. I’ve hung out with Christy a few times too. When’s our turn? (As in, you and me…hehe.)

1. Soon!! When are you going to be in Texas next??

16. PeaSoupa says:

Never met anyone from the blogging community – would love to though! Looks like a really fun day and those baked goods look incredible. I would’ve totally gorged myself.

17. Janae says:

I usually met online friends first online, then in person second. But recently, I’ve gone to a few blogger meet-ups where I’ll meet them in person & then online. It’s always fun to meet the “real” person behind the picture & tweets/blog posts.

(Of course most of my online friends I’ve never met, but wish to someday!)

18. Leslie says:

The littlest shopper is so cute :).

As are you two girls, and the food looks great! Wish I could’ve been there. I would have bought one of everything. No one ever makes me baked goods!

19. Sarahishealthy says:

Yay, I love when you post pictures of yourself! I swear I mean that in the least creepiest way possible!!! It’s just nice to see the blogger behind the recipes sometimes, and you are so beautiful that you do veganism and healthy living proud. So post more photos ;).

I completely forgot to hit up my own local vegan bake sale this year (or even to check out when it was). Next year for sure!

20. Katie says:

My family got there super early. I wish we could have seen you! Oh and my little brother was the one who made the cinnamon rolls =p