From Breakfast to Dessert: 10 Healthy Mothers’ Day Recipes

Mothers’ Day Desserts!
Here are 10 healthy recipes that would be perfect for Mother’s Day:

fg roll
Breakfast Jelly Roll for One

This recipe is probably the easiest “fancy” dessert you could ever make.

Healthy Pancake Recipes

On the page, you’ll find recipes for Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes, Snickerdoodle Pancakes, Red Velvet Pancakes (sans food coloring!) and even Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes!

mothers day doughnuts
Banana Bread Doughnuts

If your mom likes banana bread, she’ll like these even better!

mothers day muffins
Raspberry-Marzipan Muffins

This recipe makes just two muffins: one for you, and one for your mom!

coconut breakfast
Big Fat Coconut Breakfast Cake

This cake-like bread would go perfectly with a breakfast scramble and tall glass of orange juice.

mothers day recipes
Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Pie

Do you want a show-stopping fancy dessert that looks like it took hours to make but can really be prepared in just 5 minutes? This is the one to try!

mothers day food
Flourless Chocolate-Chip Cookies

This is one of my mother’s personal favorite recipes, so I had to include it on here!

mothers day desserts
Secret Chocolate Mousse

Your mom will never guess the secret ingredient.

healthy frozen hot chocolate
Frozen Hot Chocolate

This recipe is my mom’s #1 all-time favorite recipe on my entire blog!

feature
Homemade Cashew Cream

Question of the Day:

What is the best thing about your mother?

After telling me, be sure to go tell her if you can.

1. Juliana says:

The BEST thing about my mom is her ability to endure – she’s been through a hard divorce (which is still affecting us), and she’s been strong throughout my chronic illness. She’s been supportive and a source of hope for me. I couldn’t thank her enough for that. 🙂

2. great post!! unfortunately my mom is several hundred miles away, so i won’t be able to make her breakfast on mother’s day this year, but hopefully some day! i would have to say the best thing about my mom is her big hugs, encouraging words, and comforting voice. she’s my best friend!

1. Karen says:

Ashley, you could make her something & ship it 🙂 I got that idea from my mother-in-law who sent her sister some Blue Bell Ice Cream in a different state where it’s not available. She packed it in dry ice. It would definetly be a big surprise!

3. The best thing about my mother is that she cares about me and will do anything for me… No matter how mean I am to her! THAT is true love 🙂

Thanks for the amazing recipes. Your mother must be SO proud!

4. That breakfast jelly roll looks to die for Yummmm

The best thing about my mother is she always listens. I can complain … a lot. She’s always there. And she has so much on her plate – I don’t know how she does it all!

5. I love that my mother thinks she’s hilarious, and most of the time I’m the only one who gets her jokes!

6. bitt says:

I am not a big fan of round-ups, so I appreciate your cutting them down. I think just having them once in awhile is a good balance. I do notice that bloggers tend to do holiday round ups really late. I plan all my recipes usually a week or so in advance so that’s something to keep in mind with holidays. Happy Mother’s day to your mom!

1. Annonymous says:

While everyone’s opinion are always appreciated, perhaps you do not have to read the round-ups when they are posted?? Round-ups are invaluable to new readers. When you get to a blog like this one, it can be overwhelming for a newbie to try and go through everything. Round-ups can easily navigate new readers to awesome recipes that are similar to the ones they are looking at and looking for. And we also have to keep in mind this is a FREE blog? We must be so appreciative of the invaluable information people like Katie provide us at no cost out of our own pockets. Just my humble two cents.
      xx

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

I, too am not a HUGE fan of roundups either. But i don’t hate them either. I do appreciate you cutting them down due to reader feedback. But holiday ones like this are super helpful. I guess for newbies it is helpful and for oldies like me (that doesn’t sound quite right) to refresh our memory

2. L. says:

VERY well-said, anonymous!

I find it disheartening that people think they have the right to critique what Katie wants to put up. They should be grateful for the hard work she puts into her blog, as they’re not paying a single cent to get access to any of her recipes! She could easily take all the recipes down and put up e-books, or save them all for a cookbook. People need to remember that the sun does not rise and set with them and that Katie should do what makes HER happy.

It just sounds greedy to say one is not a fan of something on a blog where they’re not a paying customer. If you don’t like a certain post, come back another day. It’s not like you can be angry that you’re wasting your money, because no one is charging you.

1. Sarahishealthy says:

Yes! This! As someone (not me) wrote on CCK’s facebook page: “It’s hard to fathom that anyone would write you and criticize you for something you do for them for *free*~~the world has gotten so full of itself~~”

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Well….. I wasn’t criticizing her at all and I don’t think (not sure) that bitt was either. I was just stating my preference. As a (very) long time reader, I am totally grateful for her work as I have an autistic brother with a strict diet wich is difficult to cook for. ANd I’m sure that bloggers appreciate a little feedback. And then the best of bloggers, like Katie, care so much that they respond to it. And she said many of her readers said so, and she’s the type of person i think who is happy by making her readers happy. Not that I’m not happy roundup post or not. Like I said, no biggie for me. I personally have never told her to cut back. I always felt its her blog but I love that
            she took reader’s opinions into consideration.
            Just sayin’ 🙂 And looking back, that was A LOT of sayin’.

2. Oh Sarah, I appreciate your feedback so much. I want to make all my readers happy, but obviously that’s never going to happen. So making the ones who take time to comment happy is what I really hope to do. Please never worry about saying what you think :).

3. AMEN! I actually agree…I really like the roundups…but I am fairly new to the blog, so maybe that is the difference.

4. Liz dR says:

*late (whoops typo sorry!)

7. Lisa says:

Oh no! 🙁

I actually like the recipe round-up posts. As a new-ish reader to your blog, they help me find recipes I hadn’t seen before. Please keep them up!!!

I can’t be the only one who likes them, can I??

1. Emma says:

Katie,
      I really like the round ups too.
      Please don’t change just because of a few people. Like Lisa, I am betting that many more people than not DO appreciate the rounds ups and the hard work it takes to make them. I think once a week is fine: it’s not overwhelming and gives time for new recipe posts, but at the same time it shows new readers some great recipes they might’ve missed.

LONG LIVE THE ROUND UPS!

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

“LONG LIVE THE ROUNDUPS”- i love that !

1. kendra says:

I like the round-ups too- I get to see new recipes 🙂

1. Maddie says:

Loving the round ups as well. 🙂 I love all your little comments on each photo and it’s really nice to revisit old recipes or have a specific collection to check out.

8. casey says:

I actually appreciate the round ups. As a new (1month ish?) follower there are so many recipes on your site that are new to me. Sometimes I just sit and read through lists of previous recipes. This gives me a fresh list complete with pictures of things I may want to try. Starting with that jelly roll. Yum!

1. Emma says:

I agree. I’m a new reader too, and it’s easier for me to see your old posts as round ups rather than go searching on my own. That’s how I found my new favorite snack, the chocolate chip cookie dough balls! 🙂

1. Amanda says:

I agree with these two. I love going through old posts looking for recipes, but round-ups are a nice way to discover new recipes. Either way I have been happy with everything that I have made from your site.

9. Chaos Mommy says:

Strange, I like the round-ups! I like bookmarking posts that have many recipes in them. It saves me time 😉 And the peach breakfast cobbler is to die for!

The best thing about my mom is her ability to stay neutral in the family. She’s always on everyone’s side.

1. Samantha says:

Good to know about the peach cobbler…I keep meaning to try it!

10. my mom is one of the hardest workers I know! but still makes time for our family. All these sound great!

11. Erin Rigoni says:

Hey Katie,
    I love reading your blogs. I have had a question though. I would love to try sweet recipes that are a little healthier, but when I look at the prices for the agave and a couple other items I talk myself out of it. What do you do to save money on those essentials? Do they make coupons for those items?

1. Kaitlyn says:

I buy my agave at Marshalls/TJ Maxx – for around two dollars! Much better than around ten at the grocery store. Not sure about the other ingredients, though.

1. Haha I often buy agave at Marshalls too!

Maple syrup is scary expensive. But it’s sweeter than sugar so you use less.

And I alwaays stock up when things like agave go on sale.

12. Jennifer from NJ says:

This is the first mothers day without my Mom she was so happy all the time I miss her laugh and her advice she always had a way of putting everything into a positive perspective and she was really the best kind of friend to have. Nothing compares to a Mothers love

13. jaycee says:

I love your recipe round ups!! Please keep doing them, your blog is Awesome!!

14. Aw I love the round-ups! I think people are just so keen to get more and more recipes that they would rather have a recipe than a round-up, but you can’t be producing endless recipes! Lol. Best thing about my mom is that she’s always been really laid back and let me do my own thing, which ultimately ensured that I was always completely upfront and honest about what I was doing because I knew she wouldn’t freak out. It really worked as a parenting technique!

1. What I wish they would realize is that they don’t really want me to post a recipe every day (even though they say they do). I don’t think anyone would rather have quantity over quality if the recipes weren’t tested and were just “ok” recipes I posted just for the sake of having to post something new every day!

15. Love the round up! You have some wonderful recipes here!!

16. Anna Banana says:

I like the holiday round-ups, but I’d equally be fine with weekly or monthly. As several other people have said, it’s a great way to see older recipes.

My mom’s about 1200 miles away (my whole family is) and my favorite thing about her is how several years of distance haven’t stopped us from being as close as we’ve ever been. We take the time to talk and email frequently and she listens to my radio shows online every week as well as having me video tape my judo competitions.

17. Samantha says:

I am also one of those ones that loves round-ups. I have found so many things that way or been reminded of something I keep meaning to make and forget. Like today: peach cobbler and the jelly roll.

It has been fun reading about other people’s moms! I definitely got my draw to knitting and quilting from my mom. She is a crocheter, but still, it is the fiber arts and creativity that came from her!

18. Sarahishealthy says:

Wha???
    I love the round ups! The commentary under each post never fails to make me laugh.

When you did your “Chocolate Earth Balls” round up post, I spit out my drink at one of the captions! And then I had to clean up the computer screen. 😉

19. I like the round ups too! I’m new to your blog and there are too many wonderful things hidden in you archives.

20. anonymous says:

I love the round ups, Katie. And I think I might know which comment you’re referring to when you said there was negative feedback on them.

Is it just me, or do the people who leave negative comments ONLY leave negative comments? As in, if one of your regular commenters told you she didn’t like the round ups, that would be something to take into consideration. But if it’s just people who never have anything nice to say, I’d take their opinions with a grain of salt and say that sadly some people just like to snark :(.

1. Sarahishealthy says:

+1 to this!

1. Emily says:

I was actually going to say the same thing! CCK, remember that there’s a whole population of people who never even comment but probably appreciate your summary of past recipes because they’re new to your blog. The negative commenters most likely represent a very small portion of your readership.

1. Juliana says:

I completely agree! I’m relatively new, and I absolutely LOVE these round-up posts. It’s so helpful! Just when I think I’ve seen everything in a specific category or with a certain food, more recipes appear! 🙂

1. I ditto everyone else! I’m pretty new, so I like them … it’s easier than sorting through tons and tons of recipes. 🙂

And P.S. Ya can’t please ’em all! Just be you! 🙂