10 Healthy Summer Recipes

It’s not jacket weather anymore.

Quick! Can anyone name that movie quote??

No, it’s definitely not jacket weather anymore; at least not here in Texas. I brought out the popsicle maker last week and we’ve been having lots of fun creating different flavors, such as mint-chocolate-chip and blueberries-n-cream popsicles. So if you happen to see an overwhelming number of popsicle recipes on my blog this summer, please accept my apologies in advance.

In the meantime, here are 10 healthy recipes perfect for “non-jacket” weather. (By the way, the quote is from The Wedding Singer. It’s one of my all-time favorite movies!)

nutella popsicles

Nutella Fudge Pops

dessert pancake

Ice Cream Sandwich Pancakes

raw peanut noodles

Peanut Butter “Noodles”

mint chocolate chip ice cream vita mix

Vita-Mix Ice Cream Recipes

vita mix ice cream

PB Frozen Hot Chocolate

pineapple drinks

Pineapple Floats

vegan-yorks_thumb_3

Chocolate UFOs

vegan chocolate ice cream

Creamy Chocolate Ice Milk

cookie dough milkshake

Cookie Dough Milkshakes

healthy shamrock shake

Healthy Shamrock Shakes

Question of the Day:

Does it feel like summer yet where you are?

I know summer doesn’t technically start until June 20th. But when the temperatures are already in the 90s, and kids are getting out of school, it’s pretty easy to say summer has arrived. I hung my jacket up long ago.

1. Wow…yum. haha! Those all look amazing and will have to make an appearance at some point this summer. If I do say so myself. 😉

And summer is definitely peaking it’s way in SoCal. Some days are still gloomy and chilly at times, but the 80 degree days are definitely showing their faces.

2. what a great group of recipes! That PB hot chocolate looks especially delicious!! yumm! beautiful photos as always! thanks for sharing!

3. That’s right, I NEED to make those Nutella pops!

It felt like gross, sweaty summer last weekend but this weekend, a beautiful, cook spring. Heaven!

4. JEnny says:

No, in Denmark we had summer until monday, then it started feel like autum. I just got soaked on my way home. 🙁
    Jenny

5. Samantha says:

Sigh. I wish. Apparently we are on Denmark’s seasonal plan. It is dark, rainy, and cold.

I recently made the mint chocolate chip ice cream…LOVE. (I pretty much just eat ice cream and popsicles regardless…I could be waiting forever for actual summer weather to enjoy them).

How did I miss the raw peanut noodle one? That looks amazing!

6. Amy J says:

I can’t wait to try out all these recipes with my kids this summer!

It felt like summer here last weekend, and now this week has been upper 50’s, low 60’s. I’m sure warm weather will return…off and on…at some point 🙂 I’m in MN.

7. It definitely feels like summer here in Atlanta!! And I’m loving it! 🙂

8. Yum! Thanks for the awesome recipes! Can’t wait to try them all! As a fellow Texan, yes its hot out already! Right now, at 10:30am my phone says 83 feels like 91 outside! ugh! good thing I live at the beach! hheehehe!

9. Joy says:

Omg can’t wait for pop recipes I live on them

10. It’s definitely been summer weather here in Canada! It was almost 40 degrees Celsius (100 F) on monday!! 😀

11. It feels like 1000 degrees where I am but thus that is the humidity for you. That frozen hot chocolate would really hit the spot, I actually have hot chocolate in upstate NY everyday until I move back down south for the summer. It could be 70 degrees, hot chocolate is a must a night.

12. Omigosh – the nutella fudge pops look delicious! & it definitely feels like summer here! The hydrants are open and all 🙂

13. Alex says:

hahaha I saw that quote and all I could think of was my favourite all-time movie, Miss Congeniality.
    “What is your perfect date?”
    “I’d have to say…April 25th. It’s not too hot or too cold; all you need is a light jacket!”

14. ahhh I really need an ice cream maker! or a vitamix… (fingers crossed!)

1. Samantha says:

Have you tried the freezing the mix and then processing option? I have had some great success with it. I usually microwave or thaw the block a tiny bit before processing.

I did have an unfortunate explosion with a frozen banana in the food processor however and I now know to give it a small amount of thaw time or it will knock the processor off its base and send all the contents of the concoction into the air only to land in the open peanut butter. This disaster contaminated a huge tub of Adams (which is fine for me, but not for all my public baking projects).

🙂

15. Ice cream is the best summer treat! I love all your cool desserts. I still need to try those nutella popsicles! It’s feeling like summer where I am right now and I am loving evey minute of it!!

16. Yum….i’m definitely going to be trying out some ice pop type things this summer. It has felt like summer here in England recently…but not so much this weekend as it’s forecast to rain for the Queens jubilee…rubbish!!

17. Breenah says:

It felt like summer for a week then we got a storm with golf ball size hail and wind gusts up to 70 mpg. Now it’s in the low 50’s and feels like fall! I just wanna use my new swimsuit and take my baby to the pool for the first time, dang it!

18. oh i want that shamrock shake! I also have been going popsicle crazy

19. Farryn says:

Wedding Singer! Hehe such a good movie. Great recipes as always, Katie – thank you!

20. Anna@ActiveFingers says:

It felt like summer last weekend in Northern Illinois but now it is in the 60s and my heater has kicked on. Thank you for the summer treat ideas!