Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

No-Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Little balls of cookie dough.

That taste like oatmeal and pumpkin…

no bake pumpkin cookies

What could be better?!

healthy pumpkin cookies

pumpkin no bakes

Well, if they had chocolate it would be better. But no one says you can’t add that in!

Print This Recipe 4.5/5

• 3/4 cup quick oats (60g)
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (or make your own by blending oats in a food processor until they become powder. Measure after blending.) (75g)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar (or coconut sugar or sucanat) (55g)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional: a pinch pumpkin pie spice as well)
  • optional: handful mini chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (or sweet potato puree) (80g)
  • 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk of choice, as needed
  • 1 tablespoon oil (omit if you desire, but I can’t vouch for the results)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

No Bake Pumpkin Cookies Recipe: Combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine all liquid (including pumpkin). Then stir to combine, and form into balls or cookies. Or put in the fridge to firm up a little before forming cookies.

*View No Bake Pumpkin Cookies Nutrition Facts*

Link of the Day:

Healthy Chocolate Pecan Pie

Today is National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day. Try this healthier version; it tastes just as delicious as traditional pecan pie!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Anonymous says:

FAV snack is either your cookie dough dip or an apple with PB2

2. I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal nor pumpkin (I prefer chocolate!!!) but these look delicious…even without the chocolate ,-)

3. Oh my word, yum! Just another thing to add to my list of things to make from your blog ;P. I think we have leftover pumpkin, actually. Oh yes, I’m making these this week.

As for my favorite afternoon snack, I have a secret obsession with potato chips. So they have always been one of my favorite snacks. But right now I’m obsessed with this dairy-free pudding I made and froze. They turned into vanilla fudgesicles! Yum!

4. Tracy says:

Are uncooked oats hard to digest?

1. Laura says:

Not at all!

2. Some lab studies showed that breakdown of the starch in uncooked oats in vitro (i.e. in a simulated digestion technique) was not as effective as in cooked oats. But when they did a similar experiment in humans, there was no significant difference. The human gut is pretty powerful. I’ve personally never had a problem, and I eat plenty of oats!

5. Like I needed an excuse to get a jumpstart on Fall baking!!

6. I’m so glad that you live in Texas – lotsa no bake recipes 😀

7. Pickles!! Love, love, love them!

But those little cookies look great! Love pumpkin anything!

8. LDT says:

GENIUS!! I’m so excited to try these!! I’ve been craving pumpkin goodies for weeks now!

9. Nikki says:

My favorite current afternoon snacks is CCK’s Cookie Dough Dip (I call it ‘dessert hummus’), or fresh fruit salad with chopped mint and walnuts.

But a plain ole Larabar also does the trick a lot of afternoons. :)

10. Rachel says:

Mmmm I love pumpkin cookies!

11. Candice says:

Can you use uncooked old fas, oats instead?

1. Jenny D says:

I always use old fashioned or even extra-thick cut, never quick in all recipes that use oats, cooked or not. I prefer the texture better.

2. Lauren says:

I made them today with steel cut oats and i wasn’t too happy with the results. The ended up pretty chewy and grainy. I will try with quick oats next time.

12. Yum! Those cookies look delicious. I’m really looking forward to putting pumpkin in nearly everything this fall:-).
    One of my favorite snacks right now is banana soft serve- I’m not ready to let go of summer just yet!

13. Jasmin says:

Oooh pumpkin reminds me of fall… and I’m so excited for fall to come so I can try out all these pumpkin recipes. Somehow it just feels wrong to eat it in the summer. My favourite snack is peaches with almond butter…. yum! Peaches are in season in Ontario now so it’s double delicious!

14. Those look amazing! I actually have some coconut sugar in my pantry that I’ve no idea what to do with! So I’m making these!

Also, congrats on the VegNews cover! I’ll have to go buy it pronto. My subscription just lapsed and the check for the next one is in the mail, but I’m afraid this is the issue that I’ll skip if I don’t go buy it!

15. Nichole says:

Hello! These sound delicious! I love your blog! Will you please look at mine?

1. I checked out your blog and I’d definitely go back. :)

Now that I scratched your back, will you scratch mine (as the saying goes)? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

1. Thanks! I’ll be sure to check yours out :)

1. This sounds so vain, but I can’t help but to ask, will you look at mine too? I’d really appreciate it. I love your blog and check it, like, 4-5 times a day. I’m obsessed. :) Thanks!

16. mmmmm reminds me of fall. I love fall cooking!

17. Sarah L says:

Ohh, I’ll have to try with sweet potato as soon as I get my hands on it. I’ll definitely throw in some chocolate chips though. My favorite snack at the moment is actually just an apple and sometimes even a coffee with cinnamon and cardamon. I often eat some sort of culinary experiment though, because the afternoon is the time when I’ve got the time to try them out.

18. Robyn says:

would they be just as good cooked? i’m guessing these would have a raw cookie dough texture which i’m not a huge fan of

1. Lori says:

I just made them and baked them @350 for 10 minutes. I’m not a fan of the raw dough texture either. I thought they turned out great!

1. Robyn says:

great! thanks. can’t wait to try these cooked!

2. Jen says:

Thanks for the post, Robyn! I do have issues digesting uncooked oats and want to try them baked :) I’ll give it a go!

2. Alex Mart says:

I tried baking them and was disappointed… they were hardly sweet (while I found they were plenty sweet as dough) and I suspect they need an egg to hold them together better. I kept going back to the dough with a spoon and wanting to ignore the baked ones.

19. Chelsea says:

Those look fantastic! I’m all about pumpkin once I feel that fall is in the air. I frequently find myself snacking between meals- it’s hard not to! I love having multigrain crackers with some homemade peanut butter, drizzle of honey, and sliced bananas! Hummus with carrots never fails either 😉

20. HilJo says:

Oh man I just made roughly these (Im not much of a measurer) and they are so good. Pumpkin and oats are two of my favorite things. I also added cashew butter instead of oil and maple syrup instead of grain sugar, which Im sure changed the texture but since I didnt measure anyways the texture was already probably off :) All that rambling to say: YUM.

1. This is awesome… I love it!!

21. Tricia says:

I can’t wait for fall now! I love pumpkin cookies in the fall :). My favorite afternoon snack is banana with peanut butter <3 it's devine :)

22. The only thing that would make these better would be the addition of some nut butter!! I LOVE the combo of peanut or almond butter with pumpkin. I bet it could be added into this recipe pretty easily!!

23. These look so tasty! I pretty much live for snacks. :-)

24. Lisa says:

Hi Katie!

These look amazing!!!! You probably hear this all the time, but I just want to say that I LOVE your blog and you have inspired me so much to be healthy, happy, and to enjoy life. :) I am always excited to read your blog everyday- it is one of the highlights of my day!! Thank you so much for all your fun and delicious recipes!! You are awesome. 😀

1. Thank you so much, Lisa. It’s comments like yours that are honestly one of my favorite parts of blogging.

25. Um not snack?! Ahahahahaha. Lol no I’m a big snacker, I prefer several small meals over your classic 3 meals a day! And I’m all about pumpkin and oats!

26. Meg says:

Ohhhhhhh these look so good! I’m definitely picking up some pumpkin later! Thanks!

27. This recipe looks delicious!
    I personally don’t understand how anyone can NOT snack in between meals. I always have a snack mid-afternoon and then again after dinner. Or whenever my body tells me it’s hungry!
    My snacks are usually on the sweeter side- plain Greek yogurt with peanut flour, smoothies, protein muffins (single lady style), fruit and nut butter, etc.
    And pumpkin anything is good in my book!

28. Andrea says:

Mmmm. I do love pumpkin in any form I can get it!

29. I am a huge snacker as I eat every 2-3 hours.
    I munch on mixed nuts and goji berries plus fruit.
    This recipe looks and sounds divine Katie!

30. yay cookie dough recipes! LOVE it! and love pumpkin flavor!

31. Kim@hungryhealthygirl says:

Always snackin’! I haven’t taken the pumpkin out this season yet, but I just may have to now….

32. Trina says:

I just opened a can of pumpkin and I look forward to making them! However do think I could just use all-purpose flour opposed to oat flour?

1. Sorry, I haven’t tried it. Report back if you try!

2. Katie, too says:

Hey Trina! I just used multipurpose wheat flour and they turned out great. They are probably a little chewier than they would have been if I had used the oat flour (because of the gluten in wheat flour), but they’re still delicious.

33. Yum! These look gooey and sweet. I love pumpkin, so I can’t wait to
    make this! These seem like they would be a really easy breakfast
    -Grace Gilbert :)

34. Gemma says:

Snacks? Ususally fruit and at the moment a modification of your fudge babies. Also Coffee….lots of coffee.
    Also these look super tastey! Unfortuantly I have to cook and puree my own pumpkin because most aussies don’t really use it in deserts and I can’t find it canned! I didnt even know you could make pumpkin sweet things until I found your blog.

35. Ali says:

I’m thinking I’ll just put mini chocolate chips into this. Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies-definitely doable.

1. Ali says:

Haha-reading more closely I see that is exactly what you said. Well done! If you were to cook these, what temp., time, would you suggest? Would there be any additions?

1. Sorry, I’ve never tried cooking them so I really don’t know.

36. emma says:

WOW these are good!!!!! Nicely done, Katie!

37. these look fantastic–and so easy! yum.

38. These look delish! I am a fan of pumpkin all year round and now that fall is coming I am craving it even more than usual! Just curious, why does baking soda have to be added since they are no bake?

39. Cathy says:

Katie you are awful.
    You’re like a chocolate drug dealer.
    I decided to make the chocolate version of this cookie. IT IS SO GOOD. I am addicted! I would be embarrassed to tell you how much I ate! Why do you have to torture us with delicious treats??

40. Emily says:

I’m curious…if these are meant to be eaten uncooked, why use baking soda?

1. Renee Mack says:

I had the same question

1. It adds a little flavor kick. I know it sounds strange… but try it both ways and see :).

41. Yummm these look delicious, all of your recipes do!

Sarah Danielle xx

42. Shawnee says:

Omg, these sound delicious! I wanna make them right now.. Do you think you could substitute stevia for the sugar? You should make a sugar free version! And my favorite snack is a whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter and raisens or a banana with peanut butter(:

1. If you use the xylitol, it already is sugar-free ;).

1. Shawnee says:

Im working on buying xylitol, its so dang expensive! But thanks(:

43. Andrea says:

This is why I love you… A pumpkin recipe and it’s still august. You are right in tune with me! Been noticing the weather cooling and craving fall things….

44. Kristen says:

Oh my word, both recipes look delicious! I am drooling over that pecan pie recipe!

45. Anonymous says:

Do you have to use quick oats? I only have old fashioned oats

1. I haven’t tried. Another commenter said she had success with regular, though.

46. Katie says:

I’m going to have to try these once I get more pumpkin.

My current favorite snack is pumpkin muffins- which is why I have none in the house right now.

47. Julie says:

Dear Katie !
    Those cookies look amazing. You impress me as usual!
    BTW, have you received my emails? I get worried you didn’t… So let me know!

1. Hi Julie,

Sorry for the delay… I’m working through my emails in the order I get them. Right now I have six pages still, but I will get there!

1. Julie says:

Ok, don’t worry about that ! Reply to me whenever you can !

48. JacquelineW says:

These look really good! Now I just have to get my hands on some pumpkin…

My favourite afternoon snack is a baked sweet potato with peanut butter in the middle. It sounds weird, but it’s sooooooo good (to me, anyway).

49. Julie says:

Wow Jacqueline, I definitely must try sweet potato with peanut butter. Sounds yummy !!

50. Ok these look fantastic and the perfect thing to eat between a meal (yes I do enjoy a snack or two throughout the day).

I happen to have canned pumpkin on hand and can wait to give these a go!

Thanks for the delicious treat. I did get a little worried when I couldn’t see any chocolate (good to know that it can be welcome addition to the mix).

51. Just in time for Fall! I love pumpkin everything. Can’t wait to make these.

52. Barbara says:

I have a party to go to this weekend and I am making these to bring. I love pumpkin!!

53. Dawn W says:

Mmm,pumpkin.Is it that time of year already? I still haven’t gotten around to the cookie dough popsicles yet,now the pumpkin recipes are starting to roll in!

Do you have to use oat flour?

54. I’m SO looking forward to all the pumpkin recipes that come with fall season! These look amazingggg :)

55. These look amazing. And the best part is that anything pumpkin reminds me that fall is on it’s way. I think I’ll try these with some chocolate chips mixed in.

56. I cannot wait to make these this fall!

57. Amy says:

I just made this & added about 1/4c raisins! OH mmmmm…..

58. Oooh, Katie, these look so yummy! I may just have to buy a can of pumpkin when I’m out and about today . . .

My favorite afternoon snack is pretty much any fruit or vegetable. At the moment, I’m basically obsessed with an amazing cabbage-fennel coleslaw. It’s super light, and really tangy. I’m planning on posting the recipe on my blog later on today (hopefully!). I also could snack on baked acorn squash right out of its peel, topped with a bit of coconut butter, cinnamon, and a little stevia for sweetness. Yum!

59. kokoronagomu says:

i have been craving pumpkin pie… pumpkin ANYTHING for the year i went vegan but i can’t bake so these look wonderful! because of lack of much of a ‘working’ kitchen (under construction) and food processor/blender packed away, can i use coconut flour instead of making oat flour? would there be any technique or ingredients that i would need to change if i used coconut flour? …thank you!

60. Peanut Butter Bunny says:

Bringin’ fall to us early. 😀

61. Alanna says:

Oh my, these sound fabulous! I’ve been craving the mocha version but have been out of quick oats. My brother was suggesting a fall pumpkin version when I’d sent him the link to the mocha ones, so I guess great minds think alike! (c;

1. Alanna says:

P.S. – I’m a total snacker! My coworkers probably think I eat all day, lol. Usually it’s almonds or crackers, but I do love afternoon coffee and baked goods.

62. Laura says:

Hey, Katie! Another tasty-sounding recipe! I’m guessing that the nutrition facts are based on the version using xylitol, not sugar, right? Thanks!

63. Mmm those look really delicious! Love love love pumpkin.

64. Connie says:

i made these for my parents and boyfriend yesterday, and they’re all hooked! i had to make another batch x2 to bring with us for snacks when we go on vacation tomorrow:) thanks for the awesome recipes!

65. Bek @ Crave says:

I love all your recipes- but I never have the bloomin’ ingredients haha.

66. Caroline says:

Would be great to get my kids to try to make these, looks fun and yummy.

67. Carol Harlow says:

I made these last night and they were wonderful! I also make your chocolate chip cookies all the time. Thank you so much for making such great recipes!!!

68. Trina says:

I substituted all-purpose flour for oat flour and the cookies were quite soft, however the flavor was good.

69. Stephanie says:

I don’t know how people live without snacking!! lol, that may be a bit extreme, but seriously everyone needs a little afternoon pick-me-up! Right now, I love balance bars or greek yogurt with pb2.
    I just made these without the oil and with pure-via instead of sugar. After rolling them into balls, I pressed a large chocolate chip into the center of each, making them into no-bake thumbprints!

70. Sarah says:

Thanks for this recipe! It looks very yummy! I have a toddler who is allergic to dairy, peanuts, and eggs, so I’m always on the lookout for easy dessert ideas that are free of these allergens to bring to family parties and stuff. I think this will become a traditional fall recipe in our house, a special treat which my son can enjoy with the rest of the family! Thanks very much!

p.s. favorite snack? There’s too many to choose from! Right now I’m loving canned peaches (packed in juice) with vanilla yogurt, triscuits with cottage cheese, and apples with peanut butter!

71. Erika says:

I love pumpkin and so do my boys, so there’s always pumpkin around. It’s always great to have another way to use it. I tried these yesterday and they were a little sticky (even w/ only 2T milk and letting them chill before making the cookies). I think next time I’ll use a little of the oat flour to roll them in after making the balls; I do that when I make pistachio date balls and it works great. Thanks for all your great recipes, Katie! I’ve really been loving all the oat recipes lately and have always been a fan of your larabars!

72. Taryn says:

Just made these and they are dynamite! I have them cooling in the fridge before forming…hopefully they last long enough to make into cookies! This is the tenth or so recipe I’ve made from your website, thank you for the great recipes. I’m not a vegan, but really appreciate the healthiness of your recipes. And of course the use of chocolate and deliciousness, yuuuummmmm!
    P.S. I did add chocolate chips to these :)

73. Aimee says:

I made these last night and they are fantastic! Next time I think I will double the recipe to get even more :)

74. Erica says:

I subbed protein powder (cinnamon and peanut butter flavors) for the flour. I needed to use a little more than the recipe asked for, but just did it a little at a time before the texture thickened… after a minute in the fridge they’re hard enough to pick up. yum!

75. Dana says:

It is 90 degrees in SC but I really wanted a sweet treat. Not only are these delicious, they are easy, healthy, and perfect because I didn’t have to turn the oven on.

Thanks Katie!

1. Dana says:

Also, I used regular oats. After the cookies set up in the fridge for about 30 minutes, the oats softened up.

76. Rena says:

OMG! So yum! I just made these with maple syrup and honey instead of sugar and wholewheat pastry flour and rice flour instead of oat flour. Turned out perfect. Taste like cookie dough but I don’t feel guilty eating it! Thanks so much.
    Seriously addictive. I really can’t stop eating them!

77. Stephanie says:

I made these tonight! Can’t wait to try them, found them on pinterest.

78. Mandy says:

I’ve been visiting your site for a while now but never made anything til these puppies today… Oh. My. Word. I think I’m going to cut back on the salt next time, but I made them using brown sugar and I’m going to have to leave the house so I don’t eat them all at once :/

Love pumpkin. Love oats. So happy.

79. Angie says:

Has anyone made these with any other flour besides all-purpose and oat? I want to use almond flour, my hubby can’t have oats…so sad! I’m afraid if I make them with the oats I will eat all by myself…. : ) thx!

80. leah says:

Just made these – I did process my oats in my vita mix to make them a nice smooth texture – and I also used white chocolate chips ! Yum !! Thanks so much for sharing !! :)

81. Casey says:

Just made these! I was wanting to make my kids some healthy no bake cookies, but in the mood for Fall, and wanted a pumpkin version. I thought, surely someone out there has thought up a recipe for those, and i could tailor it to make them healthier I googled it and yours was the first one on the list! I said, oh, Katie has one? I love her recipes!

I doubled the cinnamon, a dash of pumpkin pie spice, used Stevia and coconut oil, and I topped them with mini chocolate chips. They taste amazing! We are going to have them after our hike tonight! Thanks a bunch!

82. Megan says:

LOVE! I added nutmeg and used celtic sea salt so I get the pop of salty when I bite in! on my top ten now!

83. Carrie says:

I just made these with my five year old and he loved them! We opened a can of pumpkin to make your pumpkin bread in a bowl for breakfast (also a hit with him!) and wanted to use it up. He is a Type I diabetic so your site is one of our go-to places for healthy snacks and desserts! He’s home from school sick today so he is thrilled to get some one-on-one time with me in the kitchen. Thank you!! We come here often to see what’s new. Your confetti balls are another favorite in this house as an after school treat. :)

84. Anonymous says:

these look good! ill make them tonight and i really only snack before i go to bed on something rich and chocolatey

85. Angie says:

I FINALLY made these yesterday. It’s been on my to do list for a month now! They were great! I added more oatmeal to them, just to add more texture and of course the chocolate made it perfect! I even tried baking them as once person commented on, but did not care for them baked. However, I did find I like them best frozen, well just slightly thawed out from the freezer. Delish! Thx!

86. Heather Koenig says:

i just love your blog, have tried so many of your recipes, love everything I have tried. I have a huge sweet tooth and love to bake. I loved your oatmeals, cookie dough and some of your bar recipes. I signed up to receive your email updates, there is very little I don’t want to try! I first learned of you on pinterest and follow you. Thanks! Heather

87. Paige says:

I just repinned many of your recipes on pinterest (including my next must try, pumpkin bars) ! Would love to win the new food processor, I love all your recipes (especially the cookie dough dips) but as a college student who cant afford a good food processor, they are a little hard to make :( I am a dedicated follower of yours, and my pinterest name is paige genelin! Keep posting the delicious recipes 😀

88. Madison Barefield says:

I pinned this, cannot wait to make!!

89. I pinned this and a few others! I have tried several of your recipes and love them…I want to try everything!

90. Linds says:

Just made these! They are amazing!!

91. Kristen says:

I just made these for the first time and they are SO GOOD! I need to restrain myself from eating them all!

92. Cindy Whitsett says:

Okay — so I also just pinned the pumpkin oatmeal cookies. YEAH!! Can’t wait to try them :)

93. Jill says:

These are sooo good! Just made some this morning:)

94. allie says:

these are AMAZING!

95. Alyssa says:

Hi Katie,

I just bought a bag of coconut flour and am wondering what the heck to do with it! Could I substitute coconut flour for the oat flour and still have that delicious looking product? Thanks!

96. Steve says:

Made them for my kid’s fall celebration….AWESOME and healthy treat.

97. Jennifer says:

These are FABULOUS!! Thank you so much! I have to be chocolate-free and am working on eliminating sugar. These really satisfied my sweet-tooth. Love them! Can’t wait to try more of your recipes.

98. Jennifer says:

A question: Do these need to be kept in the refrigerator?

1. I would, simply because pumpkin is perishable so they’ll stay fresher.

99. Liz says:

Do you have a preference for the kind of oil you like to use?

1. Depending on the recipe, either vegetable oil or coconut oil. In these, I used vegetable.

100. Marie says:

Does the nutrition include the crust?

1. Marie says:

Oops this is in reference to the pecan cake!

101. Jen says:

I have been so addicted to these lately. Between these and Gena’s chocolate pumpkin frosting … … I have been eating so much pumpkin that my skin was starting to have a nice orange glow… Better lay off the pumpkin for a bit :) I add raw cacao nibs to these and it is delicious. I also use 1/4 cup oatmeal flour and a 1/4 cup chia seed powder for a little extra protein! Thanks so much Katie for all of your creative and delicious recipes that people with lots of food allergies can enjoy!

102. farren says:

I saw this recipe and immediately went into my kitchen and started whipping them up. They came out AMAZING! My boyfriend came in and asked if they were peanut butter and I said no, but what a great idea. So I tried it with peanut butter as well, minus the cinnamon and pumpkin spices … Well these came out even BETTER!! Next time I want to try dipping them in some dark chocolate — they taste a lot like buckeye balls, but healthy

103. Adrienne says:

these (like every other recipe on your site) are like CRACK. used melted coconut oil and threw in a few raisins. WOW.

104. Autumn says:

I substituted the sugar with Truvia packets. The conversion is 6 packets = 1/4 cup. This was PLENTY sweet (I will add less next time). I also substituted natural peanut butter for the oil. I didn’t have baking soda so I just doubled the baking powder and used 1/2 the salt. I made 17 balls and with my calculations I found it to be 31 calories per ball. TURNED OUT GREAT! Thank you! :)

105. Jenny says:

Yum! Yum! YUM!!!! Thank you!

106. kaitlyn says:

just tried these after seeing on pinterest and they are so good!! i dont like cookie dough (like the only person ever, i know) and i love the way these taste! pleasantly surprised :)
    also tried baking two and although still good, they were more bland tasting after baking

107. Sherisse says:

I made this 3 times last week and omitted the oil for applesauce – which worked great! I used rolled oats once and did a no sugar version, they were all wonderful! Thank you!

108. Dana and Rachael says:

I LOVE this recipe! My co-worker and I made these tonight and added a slight bit of brown sugar and a ton of raisins and they were magnificent. We love CCK! Every Thursday, we pick a new recipe and bake it the next week. It’s what we look forward to most!

109. marla says:

Love this! Linking back to this post in an upcoming FFC post :)

1. Aw thanks, Marla. Your posts (and your photos) are always so beautiful!

110. shannon says:

Can i use maple syrup instead of sugar?

111. christina says:

I made these tonight! I had to use olive oil because I was out of veg oil but they turned out fine. I also used fresh pumpkin (which has more water) so they were a little wet. I rolled them in ground almonds which added a great tasting dry coating. :)

112. Rachel says:

YUM! I just made a double batch of these and they’re fantastic, which makes me happy because I’m really REALLY trying to find healthier alternatives for my serious sweet tooth.

I love that this recipe seems pretty forgiving–I only had cream in the house so I used half cream & half coconut water as the liquid & it worked fine. I also was so excited about my decision to weigh everything on the kitchen scale vs using measuring cups that I accidentally dumped everything in the same bowl and thus had to skip the step of mixing the dry & wet ingredients separately before adding them together, and while I’ll do it as-written next time it didn’t ruin the recipe or anything. I *also* used oat bran, which looked close enough to the texture of flour that I decided it’d work. It did, at least well enough for my liking. Next time I might try actually grinding it down finer though. I added the mini chocolate chips and as expected they made everything even MORE awesome.

I think later I’m going to process some frozen bananas and add little bits of this to make a faux cookie dough “ice cream.” Yum yum yum!

113. Alexis says:

Just made these! I added some dried cranberries and walnut pieces. Didn’t use the oil, and only half the sugar. And added a tbsp of honey instead. Came out awesome! Oh, and of course I did add the chocolate chips.

114. Angel says:

I made these today just as the recipe says, put pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon and also about half a teaspoon of molasses. They are delicious! Didn’t make into balls or cookies…lol. On a spoon worked for me = ) My extremely picky husband might like these too!

115. Karen says:

Just made with stevia, quinoa flakes and coconut flour. They look good and the mixture tasted yummy!

116. Emily says:

KATIE! I can’t make these at my house anymore. They’re all gone within 5 minutes. They’re SO good, and it’s so bad.
    “But they’re healthy!…”

Thanks (:

117. Gwen says:

Just a quick question… Isn’t baking soda used in cookie recipes for leavening? Since these are unbaked it wouldn’t leaven anything, so I’m curious what else it accomplishes. Thanks!

118. CiCi says:

I just made these and they were absolutely wonderful! I used stevia instead of sugar and added 1/8th cup of whey protein powder. So tasty!!

119. Anonymous says:

I love to eat last nights leftover dinner as a snack!

120. Anonymous says:

Just made these and Love….super easy and yummy!

121. Rachel says:

Are these gluten free?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It says in the recipe that then can be gluten-free.

122. Alice says:

Currently snacking on your cauliflower cake, hehe :)

123. Virginia in TX says:

could I use whey powder protein (no soy) instead of the oat flour?
    These look like a great snack, but need protein in the afternoon

124. Maritza says:

Just had to try this recipe and cookies are really delicious. I did bake at 350 degrees for around 10-12 minutes. Came out perfect.

125. Sapphire says:

Loved this! I made them the other day and ate all of them but one! They were SO delicious! And this morning, they got me inspired to make a pumpkin pie yogurt recipe. Not vegan, but a swap for vegan yogurt could easily be made! Thanks for the delicious treat and the inspiration for a new recipe of my own!

126. Sarah says:

These no-bake pumpkin cookies are awesome! I made three different kinds (none with oil and they all turned out fine ;). I used coconut sugar for one, honey for another, and maple syrup for the third kind. YUM!

127. Kelly says:

Why the baking soda if you’re not baking?

128. Deb says:

These are delicious! Made them with no oil – delicious! Added raisins instead of chocolate chips; also delicious. :)
    Thanks, Katie!!

129. Christine says:

Broken oven = no fall baking!!! Imagine my utter happiness when I found these no bake pumpkin oatmeal cookies on your blog. Delicious. I look forward to enjoying a couple of these for breakfast tomorrow with my tea, thank you.

130. karen sidun says:

looks awesome

131. Emma says:

What are the wet ingredients and what are the dry ones?

132. Emily says:

Can I use all purpose flour instead of oat flour?

133. Emily says:

Can I use all purpose flour instead of oat flour

134. Dawndra says:

I used stevia blend for the sugar
    Coconut oil for the oil
    And almond milk
    They were wonderful!

135. sarah says:

I didn’t use the oil and they turned out just fine! yummy! for the milk I used Rice Nog for more holiday taste.

136. Molly says:

I made these today, but I used coconut flour instead of oat flour (and coconut oil for the oil). They turned out yummy! The coconut flavor from the flour is quite strong though, so they ended up tasting predominately of coconut with the pumpkin as a secondary flavor.

1. Molly says:

Edit: The texture did end up a little odd though. I don’t know if that would be different with oat flour or not, but they are really light and kind of powdery…not sure how to describe it. But my husband and agreed that we would both like them to be a bit denser.

137. gina says:

Had some leftover pumpkin, so whipped these up. SUPER quick to make, which I love about your recipes. Makes it so much easier to eat healthy when you can put something together quickly! I used 1 c. oats rather than the oats and oat flour. Flavor was good, but a little mushy, so I should stick to your recipe next time. But it won’t stop me from eating them!

138. Karen says:

I made the no-bake cookies a few weeks ago
    With three and four year olds. They enjoyed
    Making them and eating them.

139. Good Baked or Not! says:

I made these with whole wheat flour (instead of oat flour), brown sugar, and sweet potato puree. I also left out the baking soda. They turned out great! I left some unbaked (read: I couldn’t stop myself from snacking on the raw dough) and baked the rest @ 350 degrees for 10 mins. Both ways, the result was awesome!

I rolled the cookies I baked in cinnamon-sugar (as one would do for snickerdoodles). So delicious. Recommended.

140. Leah says:

Made these a second time recently. I spray a tablespoon (measuring spoon) with oil then fill it and compress the dough against the bowl’s side. Forms perfect little cookies! :-)

141. Sunita says:

Thank you so much for posting this recipe! We tried it and we LOVED IT! In fact, we’ve made it several times already! Here’s a link to my non-baking results along with photos of our cookies! 😀

1. Thank you so much for making them!

142. Samantha F says:

I took some liberties with the recipe but it came out great! I prefer my oat cookies cooked a little so I added more fluid (including carrot juice and maple syrup), cooked on the stovetop for about 5 minutes, pressed into a pan, and topped with coconut :).

143. Robin says:

These were so delicious, I ate almost the whole batch myself! My husband (who isn’t a fan of pumpkin) even liked them! To slow myself from eating it all out of the bowl, I tried baking a few in a toaster oven (since I was too lazy/impatient to heat up the real thing) at 350 for about 10-15min.

Thank you so much for your blog! I’m on a ridiculous elimination diet while breastfeeding my son (no dairy, soy, egg, nuts, wheat, citrus, corn!) and your recipes make me feel like I can actually have a special treat!

144. Shana says:

What can I sub for the quick oats? I only buy old fashioned!

145. shannon says:

Just curious … why is there baking soda in a no-bake recipe? What does it do?
    Thanks so much for this blog – so fun! :)

146. Alexis says:

I made these really for myself because my family usually doesn’t like healthy desserts, but my mom tried one and loves them!! I used agave nectar and made 8 cookie dough balls and they’re soooooo good! Cinnamon and pumpkin are my favorite :) Thanks so much for this recipe, Katie!

147. Vern says:

LOVE pumpkin and appreciate healthier options. But a quick question, why the baking soda if you are not baking these? Isn’t it a rising agent?

148. Sadye says:

These are absolutely fantastic! Will be making more of them in the future for sure!

149. Lindsay_jeannette says:

No bake pumpkin cookies are so good! I’m so happy I found you via Pinterest! I have a serious sweet tooth but try to eat vegan and healthy. Everything on your site looks so good! I can’t wait to try every recipe!!

150. Lindajm says:

Just made these! OH MY!! I cooked my own pumpkin but was a bit short; so I added a small amount of banana. We don’t like the taste of baking soda (even when baked) so left that out. Added nuts and dried cranberries. These are so delicious!! Tried both raw and baked and I have been going back and forth tasting each – to see which ones I like better… (I better stop!!) Both are great. Thanks!!

151. Lindsey says:

What if you only have old fashion rolled oat? Can you use those instead?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You can always experiment!

152. melissa says:

I’m trying to “de-sweetify” myself – I have a fierce sweet tooth. So I’ve been looking for recipes that would help me satisfy with a little sweetness. I tried these and they taste good! I used truvia blend rather than sugar…

153. leslee says:

for the recipe for no bake pumpkin cookies why is everything for serving size in grams? what is approx. serving, how many balls per serving? its says 13 grams

154. Emily says:

I made these for my class today and everyone really seemed to enjoy them. I know I did. For some reason I can never seem to make your recipes yield as many cookies (or whatever I am making) as you do.

155. Kristin says:

These were great! I made them as directed with instant oats, granulated cane sugar, and safflower oil, then stuck them in the freezer. Meanwhile, I melted a tsp of coconut oil wih 2 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I dipped each cookie halfway into the chocolate, set them on parchment, and put them back in the freezer for 10 min. They are great without the chocolate, though, too.

156. Kathleen Jones says:

Why do No-Bake Pumpkin Oat Cookies have baking soda in them ?

157. Katie says:

***I just made these and they are sooooo good! For some reason mine were a little too wet when I followed the recipe, so I decided to add in 1/4 c of shredded unsweetened coconut & 1/4 c of pecan pieces! Yum yum!! Thanks for another awesome recipe :)

158. Larissa says:

These were OK. They do not hold together great at room temperature, and I was hoping to send them in my kids lunch box, but they will be an after school snack instead. The taste is good.

159. Dee says:

These are no bake so why add baking soda?

160. rachel says:

Why do you need baking soda if you don’t bake them? Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The baking soda adds a bit of a cookie dough flavor.

161. Melissa says:

I just made these, I was nervous because at first I found that they were very mushy. However, after throwing them in the oven for about fifteen minutes and they came out awesome!

162. Bev says:

What is the purpose of baking soda since this is a no bake cookie?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It is for a cookie dough flavor.

163. Cassie says:

These look like little balls of perfection! I have to get canned pumpkin!

164. Sunflower says:

These sound and look delicious!!
    A few questions…
    How long these might last in the fridge?
    How many cookies does the recipe make?
    Suggestions on an easy way to use up the rest of the pumpkin puree?
    They would freeze well, correct?

165. Beth Giglio says:

love how easy these are to make! Can’t wait to try them out. I’m always looking for a new cookie for my hubby’s lunches

166. William says:

Can you sub applesauce for the sweetener in this recipe? or is it too much moisture?

167. Danielle says:

Everything about this recipe is a yes. I make these every fall, without fail. Last year I even used my last little bit of pumpkin for this because I couldn’t NOT make them!

168. Kate Baker says:

BEST cookie EVER!!!!! Seriously. This is the first of your recipes I have tried – though I have pinned a lot! I am going to be back for more!

169. Katie, too says:

Just made these using wheat flour (multi-purpose) and they still taste great. I also used brown sugar and pure maple syrup instead of the recommended sugar ingredients above, added a pinch of nutmeg because I like my pumpkin stuff a little spicy, used old-fashioned oats, and added both mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate chips. The only reason I didn’t give them 5 stars is because they were a little too gooey and didn’t firm up as much as I would’ve liked (even after being in the fridge for an hour). The taste is spectacular though – like eating cookie dough but without the stomach ache and the guilt!