Pecan Pie Cookie Dough Balls

Side note:

Yes, I’ve gone back to the old blog header.

This change isn’t permanent. Currently I’m working with a web designer the most patient person in the world to completely overhaul the site’s layout, making it much more user-friendly (including a print option for the recipes). Hopefully it will all be completed soon. New year, new blog?

Now back to your regularly-scheduled cookies…

pecan pie energy bites

Pecan pie cookies you can make in minutes.

Delicious and good for you at the same time. If you’ve ever had a pecan pie Larabar, that’s exactly what these pecan pie energy bites taste like.

raw pecan pie bites!

(No bake) Pecan Pie Cookie Dough Balls you can make in minutes. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/12/16/pecan-pie-cookie-dough-balls/

Pecan Pie Babies

(raw and gluten-free)

• 1/2 cup raw pecans (For all substitutions on this recipe, see nutrition link below) (52g)
  • packed 1 cup pitted dates (I use Sunmaid, found in regular grocery stores near the raisins, as they are softer and stickier than the ones found in natural food stores.) (160g)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • optional: chocolate chips (or mini chips, or a piece of your favorite chocolate bar)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor until it makes a crumbly dough. (You can add the optional chocolate chips either before or after blending.) Pour crumbles into a bag and smush into one big ball. Remove from bag and form little balls. Or you can make bars or cookie-cuttered shapes if you prefer. This can also be made in a Magic Bullet: halve the recipe for best blending in a bullet.

View Nutrition Facts

pecan pie energy bites

Question of the Day:

Christmas is coming up too quickly, and I have quite a few cookie recipes left to post, meaning some of them will have to wait until next year.

If you have a preference, please let me know which ones you’d most like to see:

• Flourless Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
  • Mint-Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
  • Cookies in a Jar
  • Cake Batter Macaroons

Link of the Day:

reeses peanut butter cups-- healthy makeover!
….Chocolate Monkey Bites

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Deborah says:

My whole family is voting for mint chocolate chip. Mint just screams Christmas to me. : )

2. CheeseGirlPA says:

If the recipe is what I think it is, ‘Cookies In A Jar’ sounds like a very good gift idea…which is always helpful with Christmas quickly approaching! I am picturing a healthy version of those cookie mixes in a jar, where the ingredients are pre-measured and layered with the instructions attached. Then all you have to do is mix with the liquid as directed and bake. It may not be what you were planning though, idk! And if not, it really won’t matter, because anything you post will be eagerly anticipated! (;

1. Godelieve says:

I second this! Also: Cake Batter Macaroons sound delicious!

3. Ruth says:

quinoa cookies pretty please!

4. Anonymous says:

mint chocolate chip ALL THE WAY

5. Katiem97 says:

Sugar cookie cutouts, cookies in a jar, and cake batter macaroons!!!

6. Shawnee says:

Cake batter macaroons and mint chocolate chip cookies please!!

7. Anonymous says:

Flourless Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs and Cookies in a Jar!!

1. Inspired says:

Me too! I was going to write the same thing. 🙂

1. Kimber says:

Yes, flourless sugar cookie cut-outs please!!! My mom and I make these every year and they are sooo many calories due to the flour content. I also can’t have eggs so I have switched to using an egg replacer and that has made the dough a little tougher to work with due to the dryness of using the egg replacer powder.

8. Katie says:

Chocolate quinoa cookies sound so intriguing!!

9. Imogen says:

Flour less sugar cookies and the Cake batter macaroons please 🙂 Can’t wait to see the new website!

10. Andie says:

OMG! I would LOVE to see mint-chocolate chip cookies (I can only imagine the yumminess of the dough!) or cookies in a jar!

11. Amy says:

These look awesome! I can’t wait to make them. Also, my oven is broken so I was wondering what other recipes (besides the cookie dough dip – already made that!) I could make that don’t require an oven. Thanks (:

Oh, and the cookies in the jar sound AMAZING!

12. Anonymous says:

mint chocolate chip all the way!

13. Please, please, please do flourless sugar cookies! You would be my favorite person ever if you did! (Not that you already aren’t 😉 ) The mint chocolate cookies sound delicious too. As do the pecan pie babies. Pecan pie is one of my favorite Larabar flavors! I need to get in my kitchen sometime soon to do some cookie baking. Hopefully I’ll be able to this week.

14. carolyn says:

Cake batter macaroons or flourless sugar cookie cutouts

15. The chocolate quinoa cookies sound very interesting.

16. Dharshi says:

I really can’t wait to try the mint-choc chip cookies and cake batter macaroons 🙂 I am also going to make either the peanut butter sandwich bread or banana bread soon and can’t wait! All of your recipes look amaaazing Katie! 🙂

17. Christina says:

Flourless sugar cookies!!! And chocolate quinoa cookies if you have time 🙂

18. Abby says:

The cookies I would love to see the recipe for are:
    Mint-Chocolate Chip Cookies ( I’m obsesed with Mint)
    Cake Batter Macaroons ( I’m also obsessed with cake batter AND macaroons;)

19. Sunnie says:

In order of preference:

1. Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
    2. Flourless Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
    3. Mint-Chocolate Chip Cookies
    4. Cake Batter Macaroons
    5. Cookies in a Jar

They all sound super yummy! 😀