Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Black Magic Peanut Butter

Black Magic Peanut Butter - only 3 ingredients!

This recipe is CRAZY addictive.

One taste and you won’t be able to think of anything else.

Black Magic Peanut Butter

Yet it only takes about 30 seconds to make.

With no refined sugar… and it’s high in iron, calcium, and protein!

I wasn’t initially planning to post the recipe, as it’s almost too easy and you don’t even need to measure anything – it’s pretty difficult to mess this one up. However there was such an overwhelming number of requests when I mentioned it in my post on “Why I gave up running” that—as promised—I’ve gone ahead and measured the ingredients so as to come up with an actual “recipe” for this crazy addictive peanut butter spread that will have you reaching back into the jar again and again until suddenly there is none left!

Black Magic Peanut Butter - crazy addictive

Black Magic Peanut Butter

(3 ingredients)

• 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like While Foods 365 crunchy)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp blackstrap molasses (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
  • 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (for coconut-free version, see nutrition link below)

Melt the oil if it is not already in a liquid state. Then stir all ingredients together until they are fully blended. If a fudge-like texture is desired, freeze 15 minutes. Otherwise eat as desired, refrigerating leftovers… if there are any!

View Nutrition Information

This recipe is like peanut butter on crack. It might be the most addictive thing you'll ever eat!

Question of the Day:

Are there any foods that, once you start, you’re unable to stop eating?

For me, that food would be peanut butter. My comment in a previous post that I could eat 1/3 of a jar in a single sitting was met with skepticism, but this is not an exaggeration! For others, that food might be potato chips or candy… I  also know quite a few people who consider Oreo cookies to be their kryptonite.

Link Of The Day:

Fudgy Chocolate Pudding Cake

Healthy Chocolate Pudding Cake

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Cassandra says:

Thanks for this! I’ve been trying to add more blackstrap molasses into my diet for the magnesium & this sounds delicious!

2. Peanut butter is by far my most favorite food so I am sure that I could eat an entire jar yet I am really capable of limiting myself. Chocolate chips lately are leading the way for snack I can keep eating and eating. Used to be m&m’s for me back in the day.

3. EVA says:

Oh no….why did you make this recipe….

Oh well, I need to gain weight anyway!

Yep, I have my almond butter under lock and key. I buried it in my pantry so that if I want it, I have to go through an obstacle course to get it so I won’t sit there eating out of the jar by the spoonful. And anything with noodles I can eat pounds of. And ribs.

4. um omg. This sounds amazing! I have molasses in my cupboard but rarely think to use it, great idea!

5. Lindsey says:

well if that recipe makes a jar then a third of a jar is only 420 calories, which for is scarcely worth mentioning–most people eat more than that for breakfast! 🙂

6. I’m just like you…PB is my weakness. I really like honey roasted peanut butter. I could take a spoon to that and half of the jar would be gone without me realizing it. So dangerous, but sooo good. This recipe sounds so interesting! I would have never thought to mix molasses with peanut butter. I’m almost scared to try it, as it’ll probably be another PB treat that I’m addicted to!

1. Nikki P says:

They make honey roasted peanut butter?!?!?! Oh hells bells that sounds heavenly!!!

7. Hollie says:

You can file this under “it’s so simple even LOLZ can do it”.

I like crunchy PB myself.

8. shannon says:

Can i ask a nutrition info follow up? How many servings does the recipe make? The entire recipe must be more than 3 WW points or i’m going to start eating this all day, everyday.

9. Ashley says:

Oh God, for me it’s salsa. I can eat an entire jar of it in one sitting, never mind the 1000 chips that go with it! It’s a sickness 🙂

10. I’m a PB addict, too–thanks for the recipe!

I think my biggest “kryptonite” food is cereal…I’m pretty sure I could eat an entire box of cereal with no trouble if I allowed myself!

11. Sherry says:

Making this as soon as I get home!!! Any ideas on how to use it — other than just eating it straight from the bowl?

1. EVA says:

You know what I think would be delicious? If you spread this over Katie’s breakfast pizza recipe. MMMF.

1. Kerry says:

I think Im going to put this on Katie’s “Fudge You” chocolate cake recipe that Im making on Sunday. 🙂

2. M says:

Oh my! So many possibilities:
      Spread on Ritz crackers
      Topped on a frozen banana
      Swirled into ice cream
      Used in place of peanut butter in a milkshake
      Used instead of peanut butter in a no bake cookie, chocolate chip cookie, Reese’s cup
      Topping for oatmeal
      Spread on toast or bread for a sandwich
      A dip for strawberries or apples
      Use in fudge babies
      Single serving peanut butter cookie
      Topping for waffles and pancakes

1. Sherry says:

OK, I guess it is endless! Thanks for all the ideas. I did make it last night — this is AMAZEBALLS!!! After putting in the frig overnight, it did turn into fantastic fudge.

12. D says:

Hi Katie! I know this isn’t the correct post to ask this question, but I figured you’d probably be observing people’s questions in your more recent recipes. I was hoping you could tell me how many servings the strawberry thickshake is in your photos. It was delicious, but I created only one serving and it didn’t seem to be as big as yout photos.

1. It makes at least a cup, which is the amount of liquid in the recipe, so yes the serving is definitely the amount shown.

1. D says:

I believe the recipe called for 1/3 cup of full-fat canned coconut milk, it doesn’t say 1 cup. Unless you are talking about the 1 cup of strawberries. I’m sorry to bother you about something like this, I would just like to correct my mistakes in order to have a shake as big and beautiful as the one in your pictures.

13. For me, it was fig bars. They are hard to find in-store vegan so I rarely get them now. And raisins. Most people’s reaction to raisins are: But those are a healthy snack… Maybe a serving is healthy, but four cups (an entire canister) is NOT a healthy snack. I’ve tried buying a bag of the little boxes, but then my kitchen counter looked like a Halloween nightmare. 😉

Question about the recipe: Could I substitute sunbutter, and if so, would it be the same measurement do you think?

1. I can’t vouch for taste, but texture-wise you can use the same amount.

14. Hello, new favorite food! Thanks for posting this Katie =-)

15. Nicole says:

Thanks for this Katie!!! Can’t wait to try it!!

Do you personally eat the entire recipe as one meal?

16. Ann-Marie says:

Ohhh! I was a skinny child and I barely ate at all. My parents were always worried since I was full after 3 bites of anything, and I ate no meat. So my mother would whip me up a small bowl of peanut butter and molasses which I are up like candy, by the spoonful! Such an awesome mix 😀

17. Lindsey says:

Peanut Butter is my favorite food in the universe! It goes with just about everything so I’m sure it is wonderful with molasses! Thanks for the recipe. Love your blog!

18. annie says:

This looks awesome! There are a LOT of foods I can’t keep in the house because I’d never stop eating them.
    I guess Lime Tostitos.

19. Amy Robison says:

I just bought some blackstrap molasses, so this is perfect! Thanks Katie!

And totally yes on the 1/3 jar of peanut butter at a time. Or a half jar. Especially if you pour in some chocolate chips.

20. Kerry says:

My fav is Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. Oh my golly, I could eat the whole darn jar in a day. Its way too good! Also, The Peanut Principle has several very yummy flavored peanut butters that I love.

1. Sarah says:

Hi there! Love your recipes. Just thought to mention that I didn’t have molasses on hand so I substituted it with pure date syrup. Turned out great! I’m going to buy molasses this week and try it again… Thanks!