Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins

Cheesecake Muffins

Hello from Upstate New York, where I’m currently up to my ears in chocolate eggs, chocolate candy, and chocolate bunnies (never a bad situation in which to find oneself). With a very large and very Italian extended family, food is always plentiful when we get together.

On Saturday morning, figuring it’d be a good idea to make something light before the onslaught of homemade Easter pies upon out kitchen table, I came up with these simple strawberry cream cheese muffins:

Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins

I made a triple batch, and not a single muffin is left. 🙂

Then again, there are a lot of us…

Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins

Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins

Adapted from Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

• 2 loosely-packed cups diced strawberries (240g)
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice (60g)
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (6g)
  • 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar (15g)
  • 3 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil (30g)
  • 2 cups spelt flour (250g)
  • 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar of choice or xylitol (95g)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch pure stevia, or 2 extra tbsp sugar of choice
  • 1 more loosely-packed cup diced strawberries (120g)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F, and line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Blend first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. except the extra cup of strawberries, and stir very well. Pour the contents of the blender into the dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed (don’t over-beat). Finally, add the last cup of strawberries and stir them in gently so that they remain mostly intact. Pour into the 12 cupcake liners and put in the oven. Immediately change the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 22 minutes, or until muffins have domed and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Using a spoon, hollow out a piece from the center of each muffin, and fill with about a tbsp of Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting  or filling of your choice.

Click for: Cream Cheese Muffins Nutrition Facts

Strawberry Muffins Cheesecake Muffins

Link of the Day:

cookie p

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes

Tags: , ,

1. Kristin says:

What a great spring recipe. BTW, you look FANTASTIC!

2. Lauren says:

Yum yum I LOVE strawberries and the combo with cream cheese?!? SO GOOD. I am impatiently waiting for our strawberry plants to bear fruit 🙂

3. Steph says:

What a cute family! You look absolutely radiant.

4. Shonalika says:

These look delightful! Your other strawberry muffin recipe was eagerly demolished by everyone I offered them too, so I have high expectations for these ^^

5. AnnaBananaBelle says:

Is there anyway I could do a soy-free version of this? I want to try but I don’t eat soy. Thanks in advance!

1. AnnaBananaBelle says:

Oh also, is the nutritional info using sugar or xylitol? and how many muffins is 81 grams?

1. Sarah says:

She says in the recipe 12 muffins.

Also, where do you see soy in this recipe? Just don’t use soy milk. And if you use Katie’s frosting recipe use soy-free cream cheese alternatives, or make your own filling.

1. AnnaBananaBelle says:

Okay thanks. I meant in the cream cheese filling. I didn’t see any alternatives but I will check again.

1. AnnaBananaBelle says:

Thanks so much! I think I will try making it homemade!

2. Bobbi Erwin says:

Daiya cream cheese is soy free 🙂

6. lara says:

wow, this is a great reminder to NEVER stop running, and to STEP AWAY from the peanut butter! LOL! somebody ballooned… O_O

1. Terri Cole says:

I cannot believe that you could be so unspeakably rude! I guess it’s easy when no one knows who you are.

1. Terri Cole says:

AND, Katie, you look fabulous!!!

2. Mandy says:

Shut the fuck up. She looks awesome!

3. Kayla says:

This is so ridiculous. Actually saw the picture and thought “DAYUM! Katie looks good!” I don’t know how you could ever say she looks bad. I hope you learn to heal your relationship with food, exercise, and body image. In the mean time, try not to make other people feel badly in an attempt to lift yourself up. Katie has said time and time again that she feels healthier and happier than she has before and that’s WAY more important than being ridiculously skinny.

1. samantha says:

Well said. Not only that she actually looks better now. Radiant and beautiful and completely thin! That’s what’s so ridiculous about it. There again some people can’t help but attaxk those that are doing well, as they feel so down on themselves. Sorry for typos I’m on a new phone…

4. Inge says:

Hahaha WOW if you think she’s ‘ballooned’ you have serious body perception issues or a visual impairment! It might be good for you to work on that, I can imagine you’d be REALLY harsh on yourself if you think this is ‘ballooning’..! And some more advice; it’s never okay to comment on someones appearance in a bitchy manner, no matter how shitty a life you yourself have. This comment really showed you lack proper manners, lol.

5. Melinda says:

I cannot imagine how anyone could be so rude as to post such negative comments about any photo, but I’m especially shocked in this case. The very first thing I noticed about that picture was that Katie looks gorgeous!! I really don’t know where this criticism came from or what the point was. Anyway, Katie, I love reading your blog and look forward to every new post. You are both beautiful and talented.

6. Emily says:

Obviously you are just jealous of Katie and trying to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for you.

1. EVA says:

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE do not give this lara the time of day, you are just feeding into the response she wanted to get. There’s always one.

We ALL know that Katie looks like a princess. And I mean a real one because I don’t think Kate Middleton is all that pretty. Katie actually looks unique and her smile is so radiant it. Anybody else think it makes her glow like I do?!

P.S. Katie: I will shortly be sending you a direct email concerning your radiancy. This is no joke.

1. keenblogreader says:

EVA, your comment would have been great if you hadn’t ruined it by saying that about Kate Middleton. The whole point is that we shouldn’t be commenting negatively on appearance. There is no need to drag other women down in order to lift ourselves up.

1. EVA says:

You’re right, I didn’t realize how hypocritical I was right then just there.

Forgive me, friends!

7. Marissa says:

Wow. What a sad comment. I was going to comment on how GREAT you look. And the top up looks amazing! 😉

8. Danielle says:

Wow, you’re such a dick! I think katie has never looked healthier or more stunning. As a recovered chick with an eating disorder all I can say to you is open your eyes and realize that you’re negativity and screwed perception is miserable for more than just you and that you may need to be reprogrammed. I have no idea why you ended up this way but snap out of it and learn to censor! You may also need to eat something more substantial than a carrot to grasp this comment.

9. OatmealMyLife says:

This is a very rude comment. CCK reads all of her comments, and you should be ashamed to write something so mean. She is still healthy and thin in a beautiful way. She looks angelic and you should focus on healing yourself, I hope you are able to see yourself and others in a better, healthier light.

10. Tiffany says:

Lara, that is such a rude thing to say! You have no right to bully others whether it is in person or the internet. There is no good in spreading hate. Women come in all shapes and sizes and each person is beautiful in their own right. I hope no women reads your comment and takes it seriously. Its comments like yours that break the bonds between women. we should support one another and remind each other that we are strong and beautiful.

Katie, you look gorgeous!! I was going to comment on your beautiful glow and smile!! You look so happy! Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Thank you for the recipes!! Please don’t let rude comments like Lara’s stop you from posting pictures of yourself and your family. As your fans we love to see you smiling!!

11. Jen Crandall says:

What the deep fried fuck is wrong with you?? That comment is beyond repulsive. As are you.

7. Marie says:

I love your blog and regularly use recepies from here. I’m also skinny and thinking to give up my high-impact exercise routine and gain a little weight. You’ve been an inspiration to me when I read your article about giving up running. I think it’s a very important message – that there isn’t a universal health rule and that you CAN stay healthy, slim and beautiful without working out rigirously. Thank you and Happy Easter! By the way you look great in this pic – absolutely stunning – like a movie star!

8. What a lovely and delicious cupcakes!

9. Great idea to puree the strawberries! Not a big strawberry fan here, but the picture of these muffins is very tempting 😉
    Also your family photo is lovely – what a beautiful family. Your grandma sure must be happy 🙂

10. Oh, and you DO look absolutely gorgeous!

11. Jamie says:

Omg. I never comment but after reading Lara’s comment I need to. How incredibly immature and rude. Katie looks like a model!!! And seeing before pictures – this is such a great place to be. I am repulsed by people who have nothing better to do than put beautiful people down just because they do not look like sticks. Which is totally unflattering IMHO. Get a life!

12. That’s clever how you made a little well in these for the frosting! They look and sound delicious, I can imagine they went down the treat! Was it the invisible dog who ate the out-scoop of the cupcakes, I wonder? 😉 x

13. connie says:

These taste sooooooo good! The perfect treat! Thanks for sharing

P.S your grandma is sooooo dang adorable! She must have been thrilled to be surround by all the generations she helped create.

14. EVA says:

Oh man….if only you saw my grandpa’s herd of grand and great-grandkids! There’s over THIRTY of us! The Italians are supposed to have a ton of family members, not the Polish!

Anybody got any cool dairy-free ideas to use in place of the cream cheese for the middle? Never was a cream cheese fan….

1. Anna says:

I think peanut butter, nut butter, jam or a hazelnut spread (like Nutella) would be good!

1. EVA says:

Oh duh, why didn’t I think of nut butter?! I’ve been so pumped to crack open my new jar of almond butter that I completely forgot of all it’s possible uses!

I need to find a lower-saturated fat dairy-free Nutella. I can’t digest those darn sat fats so almond butter it is! Not sad about that.

1. Anna says:

Have you tried making your own Nutella? I believe Katie has a recipe here for homemade Nutella

1. EVA says:

Indeed she does! I’d probably have to quarter the recipe since I cook for myself and I wouldn’t be able to use it more than once a week due to my severe digestive disorder. I wouldn’t want to waste it!

2. Bobbi Erwin says:

Justin’s also makes almond hazelnut butter that’s pretty bomb!

3. Lacey says:

You could also fill it with homemade whipped cream or coconut whipped cream! (I eat keto so I want to try using almond/coconut flour in these recipes) but I make whipped cream with just heavy whipping cream in my ninja!! OMG. No words for how delicious it is. I’ve been wanting to try with coconut cream! I think they’d both be divine in this recipe.

4. EVA says:

I wish I could digest/liked coconut….how I miss the fluffy wonders whipped cream would create!

2. Jackie says:

I never thought of my family as that big but I guess it is.. my grandparents have forty-one grandkids. On the other side my grandma has 30 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren. Having so many cousins is awesome!

15. nancy says:

Can these be made gluten free, and if so, would a little gum be needed?

1. I haven’t tried this particular recipe gf, but I have had great success with Bob’s gf all purpose mix in other recipes and would think if you added 1/2 tsp xantham gum it *should* work.

Be sure to report back if you do try!

1. Bobbi Erwin says:

Pamela’s all purpose artisan baking flour is also amazing in muffin/cake/bread recipes!!

16. burger says:

omg u make ur sister look skinny. never thought id see the day

1. Cristina says:

omg u made yourself look like a disordered self pretentious cynical low-life. never thought id see the day

2. Inge says:

SWEET LORD where did all these screwed up people come from.. I’m disgusted..!
      Katie, love, you and your family look gorgeous and these mean idiots can go F themselves. You are so brave for sharing pictures when you know these kinds of comments are coming. Don’t let jerks like this one stop you from sharing what you want to share or being who you want to be girl! Live your life the way you want and be happy, even if that means making some choices internet STRANGERS may not understand! I hope you understand what I mean by this. Carve your own path. X

17. Steph says:

They look awesome! I especially like the cross-section view- the frosting goes right through! 🙂

18. Rbee says:

Katie, I rarely comment but want to thank you for a great website I visit daily. My mom loves it too. I made the lava cakes (with raspberry filling) for Easter dessert yesterday and my family raved about them. My dad is a vegan so he especially loved them. We ate them with coconut cream on top. 🙂 Also, you look great but then I’m sure you hear that plenty. Better buy yourself a baseball bat. 😉

19. Rebecca says:

I never comment, but am a regular reader. I just had to leave a comment to say how wonderful and healthy you look. What an amazing transformation!

20. samantha says:

Yum! These look great! I think I have a use for my frozen strawberries!;
    ;). You look beautiful by the way, lovely skin!