Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries - Just 3 ingredients needed for these easy stuffed strawberries: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/05/20/3-ingredient-stuffed-strawberries/

So many funny, awkward, or crazy things have happened to me since moving.

I could fill three notebooks with stories of situations in which I’ve found myself–situations with friends, situations with guys, or sometimes even with strangers… and I wish I could figure out a way to write them all here without embarrassing or hurting the people that the stories are about.

Do you ever look back on a decision you made and think, “Why did I not do this sooner?!

Strawberries  Cream Cheese Filled Strawberries

That’s how I feel about moving to Washington, D.C. I should have left Texas much sooner.

This particular post is dedicated to my friend, Jess—one of the many wonderful new friends I’ve been lucky to make this year. When she found out about my website, she asked if I could post a recipe that was super-simple, only required a few ingredients, and did not involve an oven. She then showed me a picture of something she had recently made: Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries. (Her photo was beautiful, by the way.) I decided a twist on the concept of cheesecake stuffed strawberries would make a perfect Memorial Day post.

berries

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

Ingredients

• 1 container fresh strawberries
  • Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting OR vanilla yogurt of choice (such as Wholesoy) – about 2 tsp filling per strawberry
  • Optional mini chocolate chips for garnish
  • Optional graham crackers for garnish
Total Time: 5m

Instructions

Wash the strawberries, cut off the stems, and scoop out a well in the middle of each, using a small spoon or knife. If you want the berries to stand up, cut off the bottoms of the berries as well. Eat the unused berry pieces as you work! Fill the hollow section of each berry with yogurt of choice. (If you’d prefer a cream cheese or coconut filling, I’ve listed alternative filling ideas below the second photo in this post.) Garnish with graham cracker crumbs or mini chocolate chips, and serve immediately.

*View Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Nutrition Facts*

Strawberries  strawberry

Question of the Day:

Are there any decisions you were initially afraid to make, but that you now look back and wonder, “Why didn’t I do this sooner?”

frozen hot chocolate
Link of the Day: Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Decision I was afraid to make: Quitting a job I hated to do something I love! So much happier now. I also wish I hadn’t put off getting into running for so long. I never ran before two years ago and now I’m addicted.

2. Be says:

I have to try this NOW!!

xx, Be || lovefrombe

3. Leah says:

I like this – it would make a great brunch appetizer that looks elegant but is really simple. I would probably do the mini chocolate chips, or chocolate curls, because chocolate.

4. What a fun breakfast idea. Kids would love these. Sounds like your move was a good plan.

5. Lea says:

I totally agree with you Katie. Sometimes decisions take time because they are scary but in the end, It’s always oh-so-worth-it.
    Also: HOW DELICIOUS DO THESE LOOK? I mean, they look so simple to do and yet so beautiful. Yum, I’ll definitely try that recipe when strawberries are in season here. 🙂

6. Katie says:

Decision I was afraid to make: Several… I was accepted as an officer in the Border Patrol/Homeland Security; I wish I would have taken the job because it was a stepping stone to the job I always wanted, to be a FBI agent. I also wish I would have made better decision in college and maybe tried a college that was farther away from home. Right now I am struggling with a decision about my job, applying for school to obtain my doctorate and what that would mean as far as my son and visitation with his Dad. I haven’t found that aha moment, but am wondering if a career change and going back to school is something that could be my game changer and make me happy!

7. Savannah says:

I was afraid to choose to attend the somewhat unconventional college I really loved, and ended up waiting until after the summer orientation at a more prestigious university to make a last-minute switch and enter that preferred college as a freshman. I was so happy with my new decision, and I still am two years later.
    The strawberries look great! I can’t wait to finally make your tofu-based yogurt and stuff strawberries when they’re in season here.

8. Elena says:

I didn’t know you lived in DC now! We are so close!

9. Aww, if the stories can be a bit too personal, then if anything write them down for yourself to look back on when you get older, hell – even just another year from now you can look back at them and smile 😀

These lovely little bite-sized treats looks perfect! I wouldn’t mind using a bit of light cream cheese too though, and maybe a squeeze of lemon, mmmm. Thank you so much for sharing! Wishing you all the best in the new flat Katie! x

10. I love that these are so simple Katie! They look like the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert! 🙂

11. How pretty 🙂 I just have some strawberries left and will try it for our anniversary!
    Decisions… My dad used to be a writer, a poet, some say a famous one even amongst exile Romanians, but I can’t judge because neither do I speak and read Romanian nor do I appreciate the kind of literature he wrote. But I was raised with the thought that it was me who somehow had to … well, kind of continue his work. For years I felt insufficient and guilty, and it took me ages to finally decide that I am not responsible for his work, that this was his life, not mine, and that there is no reason on the earth to feel guilty or insufficient just because I’m a different person.

12. Kim says:

I moved from Texas to DC as well! I like living on the East Coast and only wish I could get a better price for tickets to see my friends and family in Texas.

13. Jennifer Walker says:

These look delicious!!!! Can’t wait to try them. So happy for you to love the city that you live. D.C. is a wonderful city with so much to do within walking distance. We recently moved to Richmond, VA from Texas and are absolutely loving it. We are very close to so many great cities with a ton of history, not to mention the beauty all around us just driving down the road.

14. Ayaka says:

I would love to hear your ‘funny, awkward, or crazy’ journey in DC, if that becomes possible 😉 We just moved out from DC and came in Peoria, and I already miss DC soooo much!

As far as the decision talk, I finally decided to quit work completely (I stayed part-time originally thinking to go back some day after my maternity leave), and became stay home mom 2 months ago. I can already feel that I will be able to say ‘that was the best decision that I have made!’ In 5 years later! My little boy is only 17 months, growing so fast, and I wouldn’t want to miss any moment of this right now 🙂

15. Easy and delicious dessert! Love it!

16. Maggie says:

Ooh I can’t wait to try these! I just made your single serving blueberry muffin recipe and it was delicious. Thank you for this amazing website! It has made my transition to a plant-based diet so much easier.

17. Cecily Bell says:

Wow Katie these look super yummy and so simple! Can’t wait to make these as soon as I buy some strawberries x

18. Shonalika says:

A simple one would me wondering why I didn’t start food blogging/joining the general blogging network sooner, its so much fun:D These strawberries are so beautiful and delicate! Lovely idea.

19. EVA says:

Just deciding which college to attend was hard enough….it was either graduate at a less-than-stellar yet affordable college, or go 2 years at a great college that costs $40,000 per year. I chose the latter, because KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Plus, artists don’t need no diploma.

This is DEFINITELY not enough for breakfast, but might be a good snack or lunch side.

20. Red says:

The first thing that came to my mind was seeing a holistic nutritionist sooner! How much better would my health be if I had this guidance and knowledge years ago?

And those look totally nom.