Once upon a time, there was a princess.
A pink princess.
Not to mention a green frog prince, purple dragon, ugly duckling, white unicorn… If you couldn’t tell, I’ve had too much fun writing the post and healthy smoothie recipes for today.
Entirely too much fun.
Fairytale Fruit & Yogurt Smoothies
You will need the following:
- frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup liquid (or more for a thinner smoothie)
- 6 oz yogurt of choice (such as Wholesoy or So Delicious)
- sweetener of choice, to taste
Flavors: Fruit Smoothie Recipes
- Purple Dragon: Use 1 cup frozen blueberries as your fruit and 1/2 cup orange juice for the liquid.
- White Unicorn: Use 1 large (over-ripe) banana for the fruit and 1/2 cup milk of choice for the liquid.
- Goldilocks: Use 1 cup frozen mango for the fruit and 1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice for the liquid.
- Pink Princess: Use 1 cup frozen raspberries as your fruit and 1/2 cup milk of choice (such as almond milk) for the liquid.
- Green Frog Prince: Use 1 large (over-ripe) banana as your fruit, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, and add a handful of spinach or kale leaves. Optional: you can also add just a tiny pinch of spirulina.
- Magic Fairy: Use 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, and any tropical-flavor yogurt. Sprinkle fairy dust on top (such as acai powder or homemade sprinkles)
- Ugly Duckling: Throw all the leftover frozen fruit (to equal 1 cup) you can find into a blender with 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder, your liquid of choice, and your yogurt, and see what comes out. Add a few spinach or kale leaves for maximum ugliness!
Let your kids customize their own fairytale fruit smoothie by choosing a favorite cartoon or Disney character and brainstorming what smoothie ingredients would best fit that character, based on personality, physical traits, location, etc. For example, a Snow White smoothie might use all white ingredients… and it would stay far away from apples! A Cinderella smoothie might use pumpkin (the princess’s ride of choice). For a 101 Dalmations smoothie, throw in some chocolate chips.
Question of the Day: What would be your fairytale smoothie flavor?
Link of the Day: Homemade Mounds Bars