Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

classic oatmeal cookies made with ingredients you probably have at home... and absolutely NO flour

Food Network Challenge!

Last weekend, a group of us met up for an informal soccer game at my friend Matt’s house. Afterwards, as everyone sat around with a beer, one of my friends jokingly asked, “Where’s dessert, Katie? You always bring dessert.”

It’s true. I’m constantly pawning off food on friends, because I like to get as many opinions as possible before deciding if a recipe is worthy of sharing on the website. Somehow the joking ended with me standing in Matt’s impoverished kitchen, wondering what the heck I could possibly make with so few ingredients. It felt like an episode of Chopped!

When I saw raisins, my first thought was: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.

But Matt’s cabinets were not only lacking in the peanut butter department, they also hosted absolutely no chocolate! None. Not one chip, not one bar, nothing. I wanted to run away, right then and there. (A person without chocolate should never be trusted!) Instead, I put on a brave face and took stock of the available ingredients. I had to improvise a little, such as using water in place of almond milk. Still, the cookies were a gigantic success, with everyone agreeing the recipe was blog-worthy.

flourless cookies

Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

(gluten-free)

• 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (If you prefer, click for: Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies.)
  • 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp white sugar or evaporated cane juice
  • 2 tbsp raisins
  • 1 tbsp oil or pre-melted margarine
  • 1-2 tbsp milk of choice (start with 1)

Blend first 5 ingredients together in a food processor or blender. (I used a Magic Bullet.) Mix with other ingredients, form into cookie shapes, and place on a greased cookie sheet. Cook 6 minutes at 375 F. This recipe makes a small batch; if I remember correctly, it yields around 11 cookies. I made a much bigger batch for the group by tripling all of the ingredients.

View Fourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Nutrition Facts

dog cookies

When I brought the remaining cookies home for a photoshoot, someone kept watching me…

Waiting to pounce!

katie cookie

Want a cookie??

Do you ever watch the Food Network?

Oddly enough, I actually don’t like watching cooking shows. Maybe it’s because my job revolves around food, but in my free time I want to do things that have absolutely nothing to do with food!

Well, except I do often like to look at this website.

But that’s mostly because I enjoy the photography and artistic aspects of the photos. (I guess it can also be argued this isn’t really my free time; I’m observing others to try and improve my own photography skills.)

4.92/5 (13)

Published on February 20, 2012

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

274 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Faith @ For the Health of It says

I love watching the food network while I’m in the gym 😉 There’s something so amusingly ironic about watching people whip up macaroni or cupcakes while I get my calorie-burn on.

2. katia says

These are reeeeeally good. I was ALLLL HAPPY when I saw your post was an oatmeal raisin cookie today . I’m searching for my fave oatmeal raisin cookie, this might just be it. :DD yayyy!

3. katia says

The one thing I did different was I added walnuts <3 yum. I'm a cinnamon fanatic so next time i'll throw some of that in as well.

4. Moni'sMeals says

These are my kind of recipe! I am always creating simple recipes myself and have yet to do a Oatmeal Cookie, this will work and I love how you just whipped it up.

Food network I watch yes and no…It depends, some of it is just overboard!

5. Kara says

I do like cooking shows when and if I ever have free time. I’d much rather be in the kitchen doing my own cooking in my free time however. 🙂 Can’t wait to try your cookies! They remind me of some I made awhile ago.

6. Leslie @ FloraFoodie says

Yummm these look good. I just made your deep dish cookie pie last night and I am absolutely amazed at how incredible it is! It was the first recipe of yours I’ve made, and will be making many more of your recipes!

I watch Food Network & Cooking Channel obsessively. I don’t cook the vast majority of what I watch but I find it very relaxing, and it gives me tons of ideas for my own recipes.

7. MigraineMe says

I never watched the Food Network until I moved in with my roommate, who introduced me to the Food Network and to blogs, both of which have been great discoveries for me! The only problem – I could watch and read for hours because there’s so much to learn from other people! 🙂 Also, these gluten-free cookies look great – I have been doing gluten-free for migraines (as there is apparently a correlation for some people) and these cookies look so great – Thank You!!!

8. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga says

I love watching the cooking challenge type shows, i.e Top Chef. If I do watch the regular food network shows, I have to record them so I can fast forward thru the commercials and the banter and the segments I don’t care to watch so that I can basically watch a 30 min episode in about 7 mins 🙂

Great looking cookies!

9. KarenJ says

I haven’t read through all the posts so I don’t know if anyone has directed you to Ree Drummond at Pioneer Woman. She has a number of blogs on one site, one or two of which are food related and one is photo related. Periodically she talks about techniques for photographing food on the photo one. It might be worth a look. Frankly, your photos all look mouth watering to me. And while that might not win prizes among the photo cogniscenti, in a food blog I think that’s what counts!

10. Beth @ Tasty Yummies says

These cookies look amazing and you are adorable 🙂
    I love how few ingredients there are in these cookies, I cannot wait to try them out. I especially love your pooch’s face lurking in the background of that one photo. Too cute.

11. Amber K says

I used to love to watch the Food Network, but it always made me hungry! Or they spend far too much time cooking meat, and I’d really rather not watch it.

12. Kylie says

So simple! I can’t wait to try these out!

So many gluten free cookie recipes involve creating the perfect flour ratio out of flours that are not typically found in my kitchen. I love how these are made with such normal ingredients!

13. Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill says

I enjoy watching cooking shows, but it really depends on my mood (and the type of food!). I prefer to watch ones about baked goods rather than dinner foods since I’m more likely to bake a cake from one of the shows.

14. Meg says

I’ve been looking for a great cookie recipe, healthy enough for breakfast! I think that I’ve found that right here. Thanks Katie!

15. Katie Johnson says

Hi CCK– I loooove your site, this is my first time commenting. Your recipes have changed the way I cook (in a good way!) I made these cookies in a magic bullet short cup with the raisins, oats, some coconut milk, applesauce, and spices. They turned out wonderfully and had no added sugar/fat! Thanks for providing such wonderful, healthy vegan recipes for us, your blog is now the most popular website among my friends!!

16. J says

Hey Katie
    I just have a question for you (and I mean no disrespect at all) but I notice that even when linking to food gawker you’re linking to YOUR page there. On pinterest you pin only your site is there a reason why?

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Hi J/Joy,

Without a doubt, the “self promotion” aspect is my absolute least-favorite part of blogging. I hate it and feel so uncomfortable with it. In real life, I am NOT a person who likes the attention focused on herself. But any blogger who’s being honest will tell you that she loves when others visit her blog (unless it’s a private blog, or written for just family/friends, of course). Unfortunately, self-promotion is a necesity when it comes to spreading the word about one’s blog.

So the foodgawker thing is just a good business move. My goal with my blog is not to make tons of money; it’s to make enough that I can continue to do what I absolutely love for as long as possible! 🙂