Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Don’t worry, make curry!

As I’m sure I’ve written before, being in college affords little time to cook (unless, of course, you are in culinary school). My newest solution for those crazy college days? Curry!

Katie’s Curry

(I’m not listing amounts because it depends on how many veggies you use; plus, I don’t really measure things when I cook anyway.)
A whole lot of veggies
Olive oil
Curry powder
Ginger or powdered ginger
Almond milk
Optional: Raisins, Garbanzo beans

Directions: Throw the whole lot of veggies into the wok/pan with the olive oil, garlic, and ginger. (I use quite a bit of garlic, but then again, I’m a garlic fiend.) Sprinkle on salt, a bit of pepper, and add a liberal amount of curry powder. Cook on high heat for about five minutes, then add the raisins, if using. Continue cooking until veggies are soft, then add the spinach, garbanzo beans (if using), and a splash of almond milk. Stir this all together until the spinach wilts (about a minute more), then turn off the heat. Serve over couscous, rice, barley, etc. Feel free to substitute whatever veggies you have on hand; the versatility of this dish is one of the things that makes it so great.

Tags: , , ,

1. maybepigscanfly says:

OH curry is definitely a favorite of mine. And I agree that it is a perfect go to, especially as a busy college student! I think I must make something similar about once a week.

Haha I’m a garlic fiend too. I mean can you really have too much garlic? I like your addition of raisins- I never thought to do that.

2. Vegan_Noodle says:

Curries are definitely the way to go when time is tight. I love all the veggies you use in yours!

3. VeggieGirl says:

bravo, Katie!! This curry dish looks and sounds so simple to make, but extremely flavorful and satisfying as well – yum!! oh and you KNOW how much I love garlic – it’s right up there with carob and hempmilk :0)

4. Meg Wolff says:

Yum, I’ll take the #1 please!!! Looks great, I’m starved … time to eat. Great post. :-)

5. vegetalion says:

I used to make curries about once a week in college. The funny thing is, whereas I found them to be a sort of easy, last-minute comfort food, my non-veg friends (whom I constantly fed throughout college) were always surprised at how exotic and complex my meals were: “oh my god – you made curry?!

6. Veggie Cookster says:

Looks delicious! My fiance has a wok, so we’ll have to give this a try. :)

7. Amy says:

Yes, I love curries too. Do you use chutney as a garnish? For me that is a perfect finishing touch.

8. Gaia says:

It looks amazing ! It breakfast time, I haven’t eaten yet and I’d choose your curry, if I could.

9. bean_mix says:

I haven’t made a good curry in yonks!

Yours looks fab- theres gotta be at least 5 serves of veggies right there ^^

10. MiSo says:

I like this recipe, it’s very simple and soo good! I steal you and I’ll make! 😉