A Day in the Life

2011 Edit:

Recently, I discovered that some people have been using this post as a guideline for how (and how much) to eat. That made me really uncomfortable; I’m not a doctor nor a nutritionist, and I never made any claims that the food from this post represented a balanced daily diet.

Also, as the post is a few years old, it’s no longer even reflective of my current eating habits. For these reasons, I’ve chosen to take the post down.

For more on my current eating style, see My FAQ Page.

1. magpie says:

Yummy! I love eating healthy foods because I never have to worry about calories – except sometimes I accidentally eat too few by mistake, but then I make up for it with trail mix and nuts 🙂 Yum!

I love your meals 🙂 Lots of variety. This was a great post!

Happy Tuesday!

2. ConsiderEatz! says:

You are too cute! I love how simple yet hearty all your meals are- you never miss a beat CCV! What a great post, thanks for the window into your day:)
    -Caroline F

3. Wholesome Foodie says:

I am jealous that you eat that much and are still skinny 😉

and I agree with you, CA is typically a blue state and so is MA so I basically have no say!

4. Meg says:

What a fun post!I love all your meals! I especially love the banana brulee! Would love to see the recipe soon!

5. loveofoats.com says:

love this idea!!!! so many great meals and snacks u had – i love your motto to eat food that excites you!

6. shelby says:

Wow, I think I should start counting calories. Not to lose weight and eat less but to make sure I’m eating enough!
    I love this post, it shows people that you are getting enough food for your super-fast metabolism.
    Mmm, I can’t wait for the bran recipe, I have a bag full and I’ve been waiting to do something with it =)

7. Anonymous says:

Holy crap! I’m one of the people you were talking about who eats half that much. And yet you are so skinny mini. How do you do it??? I think I’d weigh 190 pounds if I ate like you, not less than 90 pounds! I’m so jealous.

And do you know how cute you are?

8. linds says:

hahaha I couldn’t stop laughing about your mushroom party… Sure those weren’t special mushrooms CCV?!? haha just kidding 🙂 Our great minds DO think alike and I am super pumped to see what you do with your yeast!!! (I highly recommend pizza :))

9. Amanda says:

Just found your blog and I love your upbeat attitude, plus you are giving me lots of ideas about adding more veggies to my diet which I love.

10. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Fun post! I liked seeing a glimpse into the life of CCV… Your food choices look delicious — love the “don’t eat it if it’s boring” food philosophy! You are too cool for words and you are so not vain by posting about yourself, but I know exactly what you mean about not liking to write allll about yourself (I feel a little self-conscious in that too, esp. when I use the word “I” too many times, ugh, like right now!). Have a relaxing night!

11. Fitnessista says:

i love all of the eats! so well balanced a delicious… makes me think i could totally be a vegan LD
    ginormous is one of my fave words too!
    amen on only eating exciting foods.. sometimes i’ll be eating something and then realize i don’t even like it– what a waste!
    i’m thinking of using fondant for a cake this weekend… for my first time ever!! any tips from the fondant genius???
    hope you have a great night!

12. Andrea says:

i don’t think you could EVER be considered conceited. you’re so incredibly modest and sweet 🙂 i loved this glimpse into your chocolate covered life!!! i think it should become a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually thing hahah. LOVE your philosophy on food. the way you eat i think you’ll live to 100++!!

13. Emily E. says:

you are so adorable! thanks for this post, it’s very insightful. is the calorie count you posted your net calories (after excersise was subtracted) or the amount you ate without what running burned subtracted? enjoy the rest of your day!

14. Ricki says:

Great post! I love all the snacks and descriptions (esp. that mushroom party!) 😉 . And I’m afraid I, too, am one of those people who’d weigh 200 pounds if I ate this many calories in one day! Then again, a one-hour run does burn quite a few calories!

15. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

What an adorable post, Katie! All your food is so wholesome, nutritious–and looks delicious!

I can’t comment on “The West Wing” similarities to our current political situation, because I am still on the fourth season! My boyfriend recently got me into this show (a little late, I know!), and it is FABULOUS! So funny you should mention that, though, because I saw today that the website Slate just had an article/video about this very topic today… 🙂 I couldn’t look at it, though, because I don’t want to spoil it for myself!

I definitely LOL’d at this part of your post: “But then the Brussels’ sprouts got lonely and wanted to join the Mushroom party (I swear that’s not a drug reference!).”

HAHAHA!

16. happyherbivore.com says:

you are brave. and amazing.

17. shellyfish says:

I’m so hungry now! I wonder why…

18. Michael says:

Wow, all of that looked amazing. And I thought I was a great cook :). We definately should all meet up at one point ” We could all make a dish and bring it , or just go somwhere… but oddly I prefer making my own food. I work a crazy schedule so it would have to be planned a few weeks in advance. Oh and you def have to make the mushroom carrott stroganoff, that looks wow!.

OH and are you just a runner , or do you do any weight lifting?..

19. Vegetation says:

Mmmm it all looks delicious! And I’m in the jealous that you can eat so much side of the boat (although I guess I’m lucky, I don’t have to worry too much, more so as I get…..older *sigh* :P)

20. Conquerbysmiling says: