Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Where are those promised Vitamix posts?

Let’s finish off Things that are Green week:

Here we have something I’ve dubbed “Shrek Pudding.” But don’t bother remembering the name; you WON’T be seeing this pudding on my blog ever again.

Looks cool? Tastes terrible.

Chlorophyll much?

I whipped up a green pudding with Alive brand protein powder (Creamy Granola flavor). Unfortunately for my taste buds, this tasted chalky and vitamin-y, in a bad way. After about three bites, I threw the mess out. Sorry, Shrek

Cutest green bowl EVER.

My favorite green tea

This snake is green too… but definitely not for eating! I’m sure that even my non-vegan readers will agree with me, right?

Homemade broccoli soup is green, too!

1. magpie says:

Oo thanks for the link I’m checking out her blog now. Too bad about the green bad smoothie thing!!

2. shelby says:

I used to like that Alive stuff but then I noticed a really weird aftertaste so I stopped using it.

Mmm, that cereal looks like a bowl full of heaven =)

I can’t wait for Vita-Mix week! I was showing my mom all the things it can do and I can feel her caving a bit. I neeeeeeed one!!!

3. sweetandfit says:

the shrek pudding actually looks somewhat appetizing…like a cool cucumber/avacado soup or something…but i guess nt evverything is meant to be delish… i’m sooo jelous you have a vita-mix, I am dying to get one too! one day hopefully.

4. laci says:

Wow green week, sounds pretty cool to me! (But probably gross to my courpse eating peers!) I never tried Alive shakes but now I certianly won’t! However I do LOVE chocolate hemp shekes blended with organic non dairy milk. The brand:
    mmm I know how great vitamix’s are considered, but they’re just SO pricey! How did you ever recieve one!? The crepe cakes, cereal, tea and soup looks pretty good though. And being a huge animal lover, the little garden snake is so cute!
    Also, River’s blog is awsome! Thanks for the link! Are you on a wieght gain mission too? It’s funny how, in our society, you’re either “pudgey and fat, average or anorexic skinny” even when you’re healthy any way! I blame it on media madness… Can’t wait for the next vitamix post! =)
    P.S. I got dark chocolate dreams today from whole foods… man, this stuff is like HEAVEN! I don’t think we vegans could live without nutbutter…

5. Kiki says:

Sorry the green pudding didn’t turn out, you should try a Fiona pudding next and hopefully it’ll be better!

Can’t wait to here about the Vita-Mix!

6. says:

i cant wait for more vitamix recipes – i cant wait to experiment w/ your yummy creations…

sorry your green creation wasn’t so good but i love the name “shrek pudding” 🙂

7. Ricki says:

I had no trouble ignoring the green pudding. . . still trying to get over that snake!!

8. ttfn300 says:

bummer about that shake! and no, i’d never eat a snake… 🙂

9. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

Sorry about your shake…but sometimes, it ain’t easy being green. Sorry, couldn’t resist. 🙂

Can’t wait for you Vita-Mix post as I love love love my Vita-Mix…especially with chocolate!

Have a good weekend.

10. Katie says:

I have a question for you about the agar pudding – I followed your recipe as best I could, but my pudding turned out a little too chunky. I was kinda confused about how long to boil it. Any ideas?

11. River says:

Aww, I am blushing and my smile has taken over my whole face! You are too kind! I am so happy to know you, and it’s comforting to know that you really “get” my weight gain struggle. It feels so good not to be the only one, although at the same time I wish you didn’t have to struggle too.

I’m so glad my blog makes you smile! That’s the whole point, if my silliness and crazy foods can make people smile for just a little while, then mission accomplished! Thank you so much for such a sweet shout-out, you made my whole month! 🙂

Now bring on the Vitamix posts! Sorry your Shrek Pudding wasn’t good, but at least we’ll always have your Kermit Ice Cream. Oh, and that really IS the cutest green bowl ever!

PS: Hello, Mr. Snake!

12. Animal-Friendly says:

Chocolate and Vitamix both being the topics of the next post? AWESOME! Gosh- with all of these Vitamixes popping up all over blogs, I really wish I asked for one for Xmas now!

13. Marianne says:

Too bad the adventure into Shrek Pudding didn’t turn out, but you can’t win ’em all!

Looking forward to your Vitamix week!

14. Amira says:

the silver lining to the pudding fiasco is that the name is probably the coolest invented name i've ever heard!!
    I love your green bowl, so bright and cute & delish looking crepe-cakes YUMMO
    I love River's blog, can't wait to here about your vita-mix adventures!

15. Lauren says:

Love all the green! 🙂

16. Burp~! says:

lol! you sure had a “green” day! I LOVE green too, not just the color itself but when food is green, I just find it tastes better for some reason…green candy, green drinks, green veggies, green cakes…hee hee!

17. Maureen @ madaboutudon says:

What a sweet tribute to River, who is one of my fave bloggers! Sorry your pudding didn’t work out.

18. Fitnessista says:

whoo hoo! i’ll totally be looking to you for some vitamix ideas 😀
    i found some agar flakes while i was in tucson! i thought about you when i bought them
    happy saturday!

19. strongandhealthy says:

Wow, shrek pudding…you’re so creative!

20. DJ says:

I had a deja-vu moment when I read about your Shrek Pudding – I made a particularly vile beetroot smoothie once… bleugh!…