Raisins on Steroids

polenta with raisins

Below, raisin polenta and homemade Kuzu Stew

**(EDIT: Kuzu Stew Recipe) **

kuzu stew

z 805

1. Caroline says:

Ohhh Katie…please cook for me!

Do you know if it is possibe to make polenta in the microwave? And is that whole grain cornmeal?? I can never find whole grain cornmeal at the store… 🙁

By the way, I tried your carmelized banana this morning and it was out of this world. Now I know what to do with overripe bananas because they get waaay too sweet for me. Mashing the banana with cinnamon is a whole new experience.

Do you ever make basil pesto? I love a good pine nut and (soy??) parmesan pesto over my long run buddy, pasta.

– Your Fellow Runner

2. emily says:

that stew looks amazing.
    do you have the recipe?
    emily

3. Raisins in polenta? Sounds awesome- I love when raisins get all plump in juicy 🙂

4. KT says:

Mmm! I’m eating a huge bowl of soba noodles right now! 😀

5. Ahhh raisin polenta! I need that! Your stew looks lovely, too 🙂

I think I’ll be celebrating hug-a-carb in a similar fashion to you; i <3 my oats

6. Jenny says:

plump raisins are soooooo much better than little wrinkly dudes! thanks for the tip girl – you always know ways to make my eating experiences 10000 x’s better.. and for that, I owe you my life…or a bowl of banana brulee oats with extra plump raisins — which basically is my lifeeee.

I shall be celebrating hug a carb month with dinner rolls and oatssss and pancakes and waffles and other things that make me happy 🙂

7. Kiersten says:

Did you ever see those t-shirts that say “I eat carbs” ? We need to get you one of those!

I will be celebrating Hug a Carb month by eating lots of oatmeal, grains, and bread!

8. Nothing better than a plumped up raisin! 🙂

9. Eliza says:

love raisins, my #1 favorite dried fruit, and probably #1 favorite fruit ever 🙂 and love adding them in my oats while cooking definitely makes them plumper, you are full of so many tricks! hehe…well hmmm hug a carb month, i think i will start by celebrating it today by sticking to my dinner idea of sprouted pasta with a coconut butternut squash sauce, and not change it around, because the stupid fears around pasta 🙂 but i already today embraced some carbs with my pumpkin oatmeal with raisins and cranberries 🙂 o man but i should’ve looked at your post before so i could have plumped up the raisins 😛

lots of love
    xo
    Eliza

10. Marina says:

mhm, I’ll try polenta with raisins definitely, I’ve been neglecting polenta so much, I have to make up for it 😀
    I’ll go now and hug my carbs in a form of a pumpkin muffins 😀

11. Mandie says:

that kuzu stew looks absolutely delicious! your cooking definitely inspires me (i’m making butternut squash tonight thanks to you, actually. i’ve been craving it ever since i found your post.) any chance you’re up for giving out your secret recipe of kuzu stew? 🙂

12. Jess says:

I plan on celebrating it with some oats in jar 😀

<3 jess

13. *Andrea* says:

hehe you’re too cute! it’s sad that the whole atkins movement made us all fear carbs. some mornings after i eat my delicious bowl of oats+banana or nut butter i catch myself thinking ‘wow you just ate way too many carbs, you should have had yogurt or eggs instead’ how crazy is that!!! i love carbs but it’s definitely been a love/hate relationship and i admire you for your 100% love relationship with carbs. i want to be there!!

14. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says:

I have been rockin out the cauliflower these days too! Happy SUnday Katie 🙂

15. Daria @ Daria Can Cook says:

The Hungry Yogini posted some delicious looking polenta fries last night, and now I see this beautiful creamy polenta dish…I can feel a craving developing!

That soup looks beautiful – great job recreating the original!

16. Abby says:

The stew looks amazing and so comforting. That would be great for when the fall sniffles start! Yum 🙂 I heart polenta!

17. Sünne says:

I unconditionally love carbs! Today’s contribution to Hug-a-Carb Month (only listing Katie-recipes); Banana Brulee Oat Bran and Apple-Raisin blended wheatberries.

The stew looks yummy and the polenta seems sooooo creamy! Aaaah, I should really make polenta again soon.

18. Melissa says:

Gosh, that polenta looks awesome- now you got me all ravenous again! Hug-a-carb is such a bright idea- I shall celebrate with lots of pasta, brown rice and my beloved “oatgurt”- horray carbs and horray Katie!

19. Mara says:

Another carb-lover here!! Woot woot!

Could you possibly post the recipe for that stew? Looks delish!

Oh, and I’m celebrating Hug-a-carb month with some creamy polenta triangles — mmmmmm!!!! =P

20. Anon says: