Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raisins on Steroids

Creamy polenta with raisins

polenta with raisins

Below, raisin polenta and homemade Kuzu Stew

**(EDIT: Kuzu Stew Recipe) **

kuzu stew

z 805

1. Caroline says:

Ohhh Katie…please cook for me!

Do you know if it is possibe to make polenta in the microwave? And is that whole grain cornmeal?? I can never find whole grain cornmeal at the store… :(

By the way, I tried your carmelized banana this morning and it was out of this world. Now I know what to do with overripe bananas because they get waaay too sweet for me. Mashing the banana with cinnamon is a whole new experience.

Do you ever make basil pesto? I love a good pine nut and (soy??) parmesan pesto over my long run buddy, pasta.

– Your Fellow Runner

2. I have been rockin out the cauliflower these days too! Happy SUnday Katie :)

3. emily says:

that stew looks amazing.
    do you have the recipe?

4. The Hungry Yogini posted some delicious looking polenta fries last night, and now I see this beautiful creamy polenta dish…I can feel a craving developing!

That soup looks beautiful – great job recreating the original!

5. Abby says:

The stew looks amazing and so comforting. That would be great for when the fall sniffles start! Yum :) I heart polenta!

6. Raisins in polenta? Sounds awesome- I love when raisins get all plump in juicy :)

7. KT says:

Mmm! I’m eating a huge bowl of soba noodles right now! 😀

8. Ahhh raisin polenta! I need that! Your stew looks lovely, too :)

I think I’ll be celebrating hug-a-carb in a similar fashion to you; i <3 my oats

9. Jenny says:

plump raisins are soooooo much better than little wrinkly dudes! thanks for the tip girl – you always know ways to make my eating experiences 10000 x’s better.. and for that, I owe you my life…or a bowl of banana brulee oats with extra plump raisins — which basically is my lifeeee.

I shall be celebrating hug a carb month with dinner rolls and oatssss and pancakes and waffles and other things that make me happy :)

10. Kiersten says:

Did you ever see those t-shirts that say “I eat carbs” ? We need to get you one of those!

I will be celebrating Hug a Carb month by eating lots of oatmeal, grains, and bread!

11. Nothing better than a plumped up raisin! :-)

12. Eliza says:

love raisins, my #1 favorite dried fruit, and probably #1 favorite fruit ever :) and love adding them in my oats while cooking definitely makes them plumper, you are full of so many tricks! hehe…well hmmm hug a carb month, i think i will start by celebrating it today by sticking to my dinner idea of sprouted pasta with a coconut butternut squash sauce, and not change it around, because the stupid fears around pasta :) but i already today embraced some carbs with my pumpkin oatmeal with raisins and cranberries :) o man but i should’ve looked at your post before so i could have plumped up the raisins 😛

lots of love

13. Marina says:

mhm, I’ll try polenta with raisins definitely, I’ve been neglecting polenta so much, I have to make up for it 😀
    I’ll go now and hug my carbs in a form of a pumpkin muffins 😀

14. Mandie says:

that kuzu stew looks absolutely delicious! your cooking definitely inspires me (i’m making butternut squash tonight thanks to you, actually. i’ve been craving it ever since i found your post.) any chance you’re up for giving out your secret recipe of kuzu stew? :)

15. Jess says:

I plan on celebrating it with some oats in jar 😀

<3 jess

16. *Andrea* says:

hehe you’re too cute! it’s sad that the whole atkins movement made us all fear carbs. some mornings after i eat my delicious bowl of oats+banana or nut butter i catch myself thinking ‘wow you just ate way too many carbs, you should have had yogurt or eggs instead’ how crazy is that!!! i love carbs but it’s definitely been a love/hate relationship and i admire you for your 100% love relationship with carbs. i want to be there!!

17. Sünne says:

I unconditionally love carbs! Today’s contribution to Hug-a-Carb Month (only listing Katie-recipes); Banana Brulee Oat Bran and Apple-Raisin blended wheatberries.

The stew looks yummy and the polenta seems sooooo creamy! Aaaah, I should really make polenta again soon.

18. Melissa says:

Gosh, that polenta looks awesome- now you got me all ravenous again! Hug-a-carb is such a bright idea- I shall celebrate with lots of pasta, brown rice and my beloved “oatgurt”- horray carbs and horray Katie!

19. Mara says:

Another carb-lover here!! Woot woot!

Could you possibly post the recipe for that stew? Looks delish!

Oh, and I’m celebrating Hug-a-carb month with some creamy polenta triangles — mmmmmm!!!! =P

20. Anon says:

Kuzu stew recipe please!

21. Shelby says:

I just had a bowl of oats for dinner. I’m loving me some carbs!

22. Clay says:

Katie… i think i went a little above and beyond for ‘HAC month”. Check out my latest post to see what i mean….

Worry not though… the oats are going to be FLOWING again… after a nap.

23. Diann says:

Yum, that stew looks fantastic!

24. Maria says:

I think I’ll start by having more carbs for lunch :) I usually get enough carbs for breakfast (hello, oatmeal!) and dinner (usually brown rice with Korean food), so I tend to avoid them during lunch. I’ll start tomorrow with a huge wrap that I just packed (not those low carb ones, that wouldn’t be hugging a carb, hehe), chock full of veggies, peach salsa, and tofu salad mmm!

25. Carbs & me = good friends. I like plenty of agave, brown sugar (even if it’s refined and not raw, I still like it) and just really I am not afraid of carbs at all. Too few carbs and I get grumpy and shakey. So I need my fuel that way :)

26. taleoftwovegans says:

Mmm, I love polenta that is still soft, it’s perfect for breakfast! I think I might be the only person that has to work to get grains! I totally know that they’re an ultra important part of a vegan diet, but the vast majority of the time I am perfectly content without them in my meals! I have to make an effort to think about incorporating grains into my daily eats! :) -Eve

27. Katharina says:

Ooo I haven’t tried adding raisins in my polenta. I LOVE polenta (so yummy and easy to make).. that actually sounds like a delicious breakfast too.

28. VeganWoman says:

This looks soooo good! I love raisins and am always looking for things to add the to! Thanks for the post!

29. broccolihut says:

Hmm I think multiple bowls of hot cereal will be on the menu, as well as sandwiches and pasta!
    Quick Q: what brand of polenta do you use? I have found them to be quite variable in texture, but yours looks so velvety smooth!

30. Jessica says:

Your stew looks delish!

31. Wow that looks really good! You need to be a chef!

32. i plan on celebrating hug a carb month with some of your delicious looking pancake recipes!! im not sure which one yet though, so it looks like i’ll just have to try a new one each week to get maximum carb lovin 😉 have a great day girl!

33. jcd says:

Oh, I want that polenta with raisins!! I don’t know how to make polenta, but it sure looks delicious!! *drool*

We are celebrating hug a carb month with lots of homemade pasta, blended oatmeal, lots of fruit, and the usual batches of muffins and raw (grain-based) cookies. Oh, and I bought a big bag of bulgur and feel like using some of that this month too. It’s getting cold outside (-2C/28F) and hot cooked carbs warm me up from the inside and keep me warm. Mmmm… Hug a carb month is my favourite month!

34. My brother and I both just hugged your Brownie Batter Pancakes. I think I could eat them every morning. :)

35. Devan Newman says:

gah! yummmy! you definatly need to come be my personal chef. please? heehee
    that soup looks decadent <3

36. Erika says:

I love polenta, sweet or savory. Yum!

37. Vegetation says:

Yay for Hug a carb month! I’m definitely carbariffic. If it weren’t for carbs I don’t know what on earth I’d be dishing up around here!

38. CaSaundra says:

I am in love with raisins–my fav is cinn raisin bread! Yum! Speaking of which, I should go put a batch in my bread machine soon :-)

39. Trajayjay says:

Carbs are in about 80% of foods as in all fruits, veggies, milk, sugar, beans, and grains. How could you be successful on a diet that restricts 80% of foods.

Mah fave hi carb foods are sweet potatoes and oatmeal