Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Raw Mounds Bars

Who doesn’t love Mounds Bars???

I could’ve simply included these raw mounds bars as a variation in the Raw Macaroon post.

But they’re just way too good to be a side note. Chocolate always deserves its own post, don’t you think?

raw mounds bars

Besides, the Mounds Bar was one of my favorite candy bars as a kid.  (I also loved Reeses peanut butter cups.)

Raw Mounds Bars

• 80g dates (scant 2/3 cup)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cacao bliss or Homemade Chocolate Butter
  • Optional: shredded coconut, chopped almonds, cocoa powder, or almond extract (for Almond Joy babies)

A few readers have successfully subbed coconut oil for the coconut butter, but I haven’t tried it. Blend, using a small blending gadget. (I use the Magic Bullet short cup. Or you can triple the ingredients and use a food processor. It might be too sticky in a blender.) Form in shapes of your choice. You can use the plastic bag trick. If you find the mixture too crumbly, put the bag in the fridge for a while before forming shapes. Due to the melty nature of coconut butter, store the Babies in the fridge or freezer (that is if ya don’t eat them all first!).

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Peanut butter fudge sandwiches? OMG. You are so creative. 🙂

2. Diana says:

Those Peanut Butter Fudge Sandwiches look SO GOOD. I’ll never try to do those because I bet I would have no self control around them.

3. Those recipes looks amazing! So creative!!

The PB fudge sandwiches look so good!

4. Can I come over and baby-sit? 😉

As soon as I drive cross country with my U-haul full o’ Artisana products, I will be making these!

5. tabitha says:

we’ve done the pb babies and the fudge babies so far
    loved by myself–kiddos and husband!

tonight we’ll be making almond joy babies
    “because, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t…
    almond joy’s got nuts, mounds don’t!”
    (even though yours do)

6. molly says:

my jaw dropped when I saw those fudgey PB sammies…
    sooo delicious looking.

7. Katie says:

LOL You and Hulk have been busy 😉 You have some yummy looking recipes and I do love chocolate… Doesn’t chocolate make everything better?

8. Melinda says:

I think those PB choc babies look good and the PB sandwich too.

9. No bake inspiration galore! I best get busy 🙂

10. Need to make those fudgy babies!

I really want to try Artisana Cacao Bliss. If only it wasn’t so expensive!

11. The peanut butter sandwich ones are making my mouth water!

12. *Andrea* says:

ok PEANUTBUTTER fudge babies!!! you’ve crossed the line 😉 those look fantastic!!!!!!!!

13. Yasmin says:

My stomach is growling just looking at all these babies and my fudge babies are at home in the freezer…not with me at work! Grrr…

14. Jessica says:

I’m making babies like crazy too! At least these guys don’t cry 😉

I linked up to “OCCK” on my blog — hope it brings a little more traffic your way.

15. Jenny says:

oh Katie, sweet sweet Katie — you have officially stolen my heart with those fudge PB sammies.. I am officially obsessed with you.

Mounds were one of my fav. candies as a youngin — fortunately, my brother hated them so we always traded around halloween time.. I gave him all my dum dums 🙂 such an unfair exchange but he was young and I took advantage of his ignorance… 😡

happy day to you beauty queen!

16. Devan says:

Oh yumm! PB fudge sandwhiches look AMAZING!!!

17. Darn right chocolate always deserves its own post! Chocolate deserves its own blog, its own day of celebration, its own whatever it wants! (Can you tell I love chocolate? I think so!)

You have such a gorgeous family, Katie! You are the greatest mom….but I kind of want to eat all of your children!

18. I agree…mounds and peanut butter cups are my favorite milk chocolate indulges. Now however I prefer dark chocolate. These creations look great!

19. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says:

You know girl the PB Sammy’s are my fave 🙂
    But mounds bar…gosh, how to pick, how to pick??!!

20. maggie says:

Hey girl! Lovin the chocolate! Your food is drool worthy as ever this week.