Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raw Mounds Bars

Who doesn’t love Mounds Bars???

I could’ve simply included these raw mounds bars as a variation in the Raw Macaroon post.

But they’re just way too good to be a side note. Chocolate always deserves its own post, don’t you think?

raw mounds bars

Besides, the Mounds Bar was one of my favorite candy bars as a kid.  (I also loved Reeses peanut butter cups.)

Raw Mounds Bars

• 80g dates (scant 2/3 cup)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cacao bliss or Homemade Chocolate Butter
  • Optional: shredded coconut, chopped almonds, cocoa powder, or almond extract (for Almond Joy babies)

A few readers have successfully subbed coconut oil for the coconut butter, but I haven’t tried it. Blend, using a small blending gadget. (I use the Magic Bullet short cup. Or you can triple the ingredients and use a food processor. It might be too sticky in a blender.) Form in shapes of your choice. You can use the plastic bag trick. If you find the mixture too crumbly, put the bag in the fridge for a while before forming shapes. Due to the melty nature of coconut butter, store the Babies in the fridge or freezer (that is if ya don’t eat them all first!).

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Peanut butter fudge sandwiches? OMG. You are so creative. :)

2. Diana says:

Those Peanut Butter Fudge Sandwiches look SO GOOD. I’ll never try to do those because I bet I would have no self control around them.

3. You know girl the PB Sammy’s are my fave :)
    But mounds bar…gosh, how to pick, how to pick??!!

4. Those recipes looks amazing! So creative!!

The PB fudge sandwiches look so good!

5. Can I come over and baby-sit? 😉

As soon as I drive cross country with my U-haul full o’ Artisana products, I will be making these!

6. tabitha says:

we’ve done the pb babies and the fudge babies so far
    loved by myself–kiddos and husband!

tonight we’ll be making almond joy babies
    “because, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t…
    almond joy’s got nuts, mounds don’t!”
    (even though yours do)

7. molly says:

my jaw dropped when I saw those fudgey PB sammies…
    sooo delicious looking.

8. Katie says:

LOL You and Hulk have been busy 😉 You have some yummy looking recipes and I do love chocolate… Doesn’t chocolate make everything better?

9. Kate says:

you are a raw dessert creating genious! are there nuts in the macaroon recipe? i want to make a batch this weekend.

10. Mounds bars were my absolute favorite when I was a kid! Peanut butter cups were second. Those are still my favorite candies. :)

11. Melinda says:

I think those PB choc babies look good and the PB sandwich too.

12. No bake inspiration galore! I best get busy :)

13. Need to make those fudgy babies!

I really want to try Artisana Cacao Bliss. If only it wasn’t so expensive!

14. The peanut butter sandwich ones are making my mouth water!

15. *Andrea* says:

ok PEANUTBUTTER fudge babies!!! you’ve crossed the line 😉 those look fantastic!!!!!!!!

16. Yasmin says:

My stomach is growling just looking at all these babies and my fudge babies are at home in the freezer…not with me at work! Grrr…

17. Jessica says:

I’m making babies like crazy too! At least these guys don’t cry 😉

I linked up to “OCCK” on my blog — hope it brings a little more traffic your way.

18. Jenny says:

oh Katie, sweet sweet Katie — you have officially stolen my heart with those fudge PB sammies.. I am officially obsessed with you.

Mounds were one of my fav. candies as a youngin — fortunately, my brother hated them so we always traded around halloween time.. I gave him all my dum dums :) such an unfair exchange but he was young and I took advantage of his ignorance… 😡

happy day to you beauty queen!

19. Devan says:

Oh yumm! PB fudge sandwhiches look AMAZING!!!

20. Darn right chocolate always deserves its own post! Chocolate deserves its own blog, its own day of celebration, its own whatever it wants! (Can you tell I love chocolate? I think so!)

You have such a gorgeous family, Katie! You are the greatest mom….but I kind of want to eat all of your children!

21. I agree…mounds and peanut butter cups are my favorite milk chocolate indulges. Now however I prefer dark chocolate. These creations look great!

22. maggie says:

Hey girl! Lovin the chocolate! Your food is drool worthy as ever this week.

23. Demelza says:

I’m glad my last comment made you smile. ^^
    Seeing I got a response from you made me smile, too!

Hee hee. Mounds was one of my favorite candy bars, also.
    Second probably to Twix. Kind of funny, because I’ve never really liked caramel.
    I’d totally be up for making these, but like a few other people commented coconut butter is not very cheap…x.x;
    I’ll just have to find a way around that or stick to the other fudge baby variations. Not a problem, since the recipe’s so versatile. <3

24. Clay says:

Girl, i swear… if i didnt know you better i would think you were part rabbit the way these babies are popping up all over the place. We might just have to put you in a seperate cage… away from the blogging world.

Just kidding, loving the babies. Reeses and Mounds were always my faves as well. I also love how, much like the rabbit, we can ‘eat our young’

25. Shelby says:

Can I come over?!?

26. candice says:

Hi Katie. I’ve been following your blog for awhile, but I haven’t commented until now. I can’t WAIT to try these “baby” recipes out–especially these, since Mounds and Almond Joys are some of my favorite candies!

27. Kate says:

Holy wow! I’m getting some dates and making every possible variation ASAP! Especially the peanut butter sandwich ones. I bet they are a lot cheaper than Lara Bars and Jocalats (although I still love them too of course).

May I say, you have such beautiful (and delicious) children. Hahah.

28. Michelle says:

Just curious Katie, where do you get this “Artisana” brand of chocolate and coconut butter? I have never seen it before.

Excellent creations you’ve got going there- I am kinda drooling like my dog right now xD

29. CaSaundra says:

Hmm, I am trying to think of more flavor combos–I think I have a good one brewing–I will def share when I try em’ out this weekend :-)

30. Christina says:

Mmm stop tempting me with all these yummy goodies!

31. anonymous says:

nuts and fruits are great, but calling them mounds?

32. Hi, Katie!

I followed over from Heather’s blog (HEAB).

I’m a HUGE fan of chocolate, and these desserts you’ve made look and sound soooooooooooooooooo yummy!

My favorite candy bar as a kid? ZERO!! Ever heard of those? I’d say Snickers was next in line, and then Butterfinger. 😉

33. BroccoliHut says:

Mounds are pretty much my favorite candy bar ever, but I didn’t get any this Halloween…guess I’ll just have to make some instead!

34. PB and Fudge Sammies??? Oh sweetie these look tasty!

Have a very Happy Friday!!

35. jrsimon56 says:

You’ve caught me with a choco-craving! Bah! Those look awesome. Any chance of vegan 3 musketeers? I would strategically take those apart when I was little…savoring every bit.

36. Shannon says:

ooh, i loved mounds, too!!!

37. Haylee says:

All of these look soo good! Especially those peanut butter cups, can you say yum!

38. Marianne says:

You’re a baby-making machine 😉 And even better, these are edible babies. Yum!

39. Sallie says:

These Mounds babies would be the first thing I’d try if I were to win a Vita-mix…!

40. Jamie says:

ive made the chocolate pb cup fudge babies, but i think these would be my next attempt if i won the vita mix!!

41. emi s. says:

If I had a vitamix, these would be the first recipe i’d make! i don’t have a food processor/blender/magic bullet at all (hopefully one will be a bday present this summer) so i haven’t been able to make any babies at all, sadly.

42. Alex says:

I’d definitely use the Vita-Mix to try and mix the ingredients to make THIS very fudge baby recipe. :)

43. veggie365 says:

I’d love to try this (or any, really) fudge baby recipe in a Vitamix! :-)

44. Jenna says:

I know the first recipe I’d make in a VitaMix is some fruit ice cream. My poor blender has taken such a beating from trying to pulverize enough fruit to feed my cravings, and even then I can only succeed in a thick smoothie, haha.

45. Paula says:

If I won a Vita-Mix, the first thing I’d make would be quick and easy–an awesome super green fruit smoothie. Then later, I’d love to try my hand at these Mounds Bar Babies.

46. Luv2CUSmile says:

Okay now, I think I have this. These Mounds Bar Babies would be scrumptious but If I won the Vitamix the first thing i would have to make is Butternut Squash soup. I just bought two more after making a butternut squash casserole. Soup would be scrumptious!
    LuvMoeDog2 at aol dot com

47. Aileen says:

The first thing I’d make in a Vita-Mix would be an awesome green monster smoothie! And then I’d definitely try this fudge baby recipe :) Chocolate and coconut is one of my favorite combinations!

48. courtney says:

I have trouble following directions… the first thing I would make in the Vita-Mix is either fudge babies (Mounds is first on the list!!) or banana bread in a bowl… or maybe banana butter… bascially anything Katie-inspired :)

49. Linda Ocasio says:

This is definitely the first thing I would make in a VitaMix blender — but definitely coated in coconut because I am a lover of flaky goodness!

50. Jill says:

Nom nom mmmounds! Hehe. I would definitely make a huge super green smoothie to wash down one of these yummy coconut treats if I won the Vita-Mix!

51. Aimee says:

Would definitely make these if I won the Vitamix but not first; I would love to make protein ice cream like HEAB makes!

52. Alexandra says:

Hola! Decisions, decisions….I think I’d try making all of the Fudge Babies with a Vitamix but first it would have to be the Baby Mounds. Why? Because, Mounds candy bars were my favorite growing up and I haven’t had one since highschool. I’m 40 now so that’s heck of a long time of deprivation! :)

53. Kristin says:

The Mounds bar babies look AMAZING. Absolute favorite candy bar and obvi don’t eat them anymore. YUM. Will make these immediately! But first things first, if I had a Vita-Mix, I would make huge batches of green smoothies to my heart’s delight and then dive into the wonder that is the Vita-Mix with amazing new recipes and experiments!

54. Laura G says:

If I had a Vitamix I’d make a huge batch of Mounds Fudge Babies every week! But they wouldn’t be the first thing I made. It’s been so cold in my office that I’ve been eating soup everyday. So the first thing I would make is Curried Butternut Squash soup. With a Vitamix it would be warm and yummy in a flash :)

55. Liesl says:

If I had a Vita-mix the first thing I would make would be Deb’s Chipotle Almond butter! Love me some spicy!

56. Jamie says:

I think anything with chocolate and coconut is DIVINE!
    I would have to try these if I had a Vitamix, however I think it would be easiest to start with some green smoothies. A regular blender doesn’t do them justice.

57. Kayla says:

If I had a vitamix I’d make my first green monster! I’ve never had one as I’m without a blender :(!! *crosses fingers*

58. Jayne Chandler says:

Mmmm healthy Mounds and Almond JOY bars! The Vita-Mix would have to have premium space on my kitchen counter and would first be used to make raw almond butter, then I’d make the Almond Joy Babies with an almond butter center, surrounded by chocolate butter rolled in coconut, surrounded by chocolate butter with cocoa nibs mixed in and lastly rolled in almond bits. These end up more like Joyful logs, which for festive occasions could be sliced, after cooling.

59. Michelle R says:

I made your raw mounds bar babies today – YUMMMMMMM! Thank you for giving me a guilt-free (or at least less guilt) in having a delicious treat when my sweet tooth calls for it. You’re the best!!

60. Christopher says:

Just wondering.. how many fudge babies can you make from the recipe?

1. Hey Christopher,
      It really depends on how big you make them! But, gram-wise, it makes a little more “dough” than the size of two Larabars, if that helps.

61. melanie says:

Hi Katie – I finally got some cacao butter and tried my own babies – here’s what I did:

my o my o my o – they are so good! I made a double batch and gave them to several friends – I can’t wait to try a few more and make up my own. I was thinking about adding some greens next time. This is such a beautifully creative idea – I love it!