Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

You’re the Peanut to my Butter

National Chocolate-Covered Day, National Carrot Cake Day, National Oatmeal Day: I keep missing these days until after-the-fact, when someone tells me about them. So this time, I’m going to be early! National Peanut Butter Day (March 1st) is just too good to forget.

Banana Butter

bbutter

Peanut Butter Cup Babies

pb1

I love you, peanut butter!  Enjoy your well-deserved day of recognition!

znyc 838

Above, a scrapbook page documenting a visit to the PB&Co store.

1. Oh peanut butter- our childhoods would be so different without it!

Good thing you’re starting to celebrate today- you have three days to soak it all up now- ha!

2. CaSaundra says:

Oooh man. National PB day definitely calls for a stellar recipe celebration–I better get busy in the kitchen!!!

3. Kiersten says:

Everyday is National Peanut Butter Day for me!

4. Evan Thomas says:

There are like 5 national peanut butter days, lol, but I agree every day is it for me! I think my favorite recipe is the 5-ingredient, GF peanut butter cookie. It has the purest of flavors

5. i’ll listen to “girl i want to lay you down” by alo simply for the line “you’re smooth and creamy…like peanut buttaaaa” haha

6. EE says:

I am going to celebrate my wedding anniversary that day. This might be a tad bit of sacrilege, but I prefer nuts to peanut butter. 😉 TCL, though, the man would only eat Dark Chocolate Dreams if he thought it would be acceptable.

Happy Saturday, Katie!

7. I think I’ll celebrate the day making your peanut butter cookie dough babies, they look delicious!!

My favorite peanut butter recipes are everything and anything paired with chocolate :)

8. yay for National Peanut Butter Day!!! I will have to find a way to celebrate that in some way…
    Why have I never tried your banana butter?! It sounds amazing girl!!!

Favorite pb recipe – not sure I can pick!! I adore peanut butter…

9. Run Sarah says:

I will def eat PB 😉 Love that scrapbook page you made, its adorable!

10. caronae says:

Whoa, thanks for letting us know about this extremely important day! I’ll probably celebrate with something involving pb and chocolate!

11. Anne says:

Hi Katie

I’ve been following your blog for a while and it’s GREAT! :) anyway, about PB.. hmm.. as I’m not from the US it’s still a bit unfamiliar for me but it seems most of the US food bloggers use it everyday! 😀 must see if it’s available in stores here in Finland too and give it a try.

12. Melinda says:

Looks so yummy, all of it! I love PB!

13. eaternotarunner says:

I just had PB on a sweet potato, yum!

14. Just Audrey says:

I love the scrapbook page. :)

Thanks for answering my question on Formspring about graduation recipes. Those look like some great ones. The Texas Caviar and Bugs Bunny Cake in particular caught my eye. Thank you also for answering the question about vegetable feeling pain. I didn’t ask that but I appreciated the response because–silly as it sounds–my mom has asked me that before.

15. London Girl says:

I did n’t know there was a Peanut Butter day! Flamin’ Nora what else have I missed?x

16. Katie says:

Ahh, peanut butter. I used to hate it. What was wrong with me!?!?

17. Jess says:

I am SO excited for national PB day!!!

18. Oh peanut butter I love you so much! There is no better partner for my chocolate obsession. Mmmmm!

19. Michal says:

Ah peanut butter how I love thee. I am so celebrating this one! :)

20. welshsarah says:

I have a serious obsession with peanut butter. I go through loads of the stuff. It’s my fave daily staple. However, my obligations tomorrow are with my country- celebrating St David’s Day. Maybe I can give peanut butter a little honour during the day though. :)

21. Lana says:

I’ve been reading your blog for a while, it’s amazing, really. So many yummy ideas!
    I adore peanut butter…hmmmmm, in honour of peanut butter day I suppose that I’ll have to eat more of it than I usually do…this won’t be too difficult!

22. I just got sooooooo excited reading your post!!! I had no clue national PB day was March 1…..which is also my birthday!! It was meant to be! haha I will definately be participating with some spoonfuls of goodness :)

23. kaitm says:

Yay, I’m glad I found out tomorrow is national PB day before it passed me by! I guess I’ll have to put PB on EVERYTHING I eat tomorrow…haha. PB&Co is my fave, I love just dipping different things in it, veggies, pretzels, crackers, fruit…anything!

24. Emma says:

I found some of the PB&Co peanut butter in my supermarket, I saw it and had to buy some as it made me think of you! Lol

25. Jessica says:

OMG, I didn’t know about this!!! Sadly, I already packed almond butter in my lunch for today…but my afternoon snack will include some PB goodness!

Thanks for the shout-out. I made my pancake roll-ups this weekend and will be posting pics tonight or tomorrow. Bet you can’t guess what I put in them, hehe! :)