Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Blueberry Muffin Hot Cereal

Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day:

Blended Bulgur pudding, Pink Lady, and a Raw Tiramisu Bar.

Bulgur is one of my many favorite grains. The following link will help if you have no clue what recipes to make with bulgur, how to cook it, or what it even is: “All About Bulgur.

Bulgur Breakfast Pudding

• 1 serving cooked bulgur or oatmeal (See: How to Cook Perfect Bulgur)
  • 3-4 tbsp nondairy creamer (I like Silk Creamer)
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
  • fruit of choice, if desired (this time, I opted to put the fruit in post-blending)
  • optional: cocoa powder for a Chocolate Cream Pie Bulgur Pudding!

Put the cooked bulgur in your blending gadget (such as a Magic Bullet short cup). Add everything else. Blend! Now add in some frozen blueberries, or any other fruit/nut butters/chocolate chips/add-ins you wish.

Variations I’ve tried:

1. Strawberry Shortcake (add frozen strwberries pre-blending
2. Chocolate Cream Pie (see optional ingredient, above)
3. Cinnamon-Raisin (add cinnamon and raisins, post-blending)

1. Jessica says:

Blended grains is my FAVORITE blog invention!
    And that’s saying something, considering all the good blog inventions out there: green monsters, fudge babies, banana soft serve, melted banana trick, and on and on!

2. Mary says:

Blueberry muffin in blended grain form?!? How amazing are you?

3. Evan Thomas says:

I would have to go with sorghum because it’s becoming the new gluten-free whole grain

4. K you’ve sold me. Second I get a food processor back in my life, blended grains is on the menu.

5. Sarahishealthy says:

Favorite grain: Oatmeal! :)

6. (Que raro. That was the first comment I ever left you SIN ESPANOL!) Had to fix it :)

7. Kara says:

Those photos look good enough to eat off the screen!

8. I still haven’t tried blended grains but with the blueberries it looks delicious!

9. vegangal says:

ooooh oatmeal for sure. but the bulgur looks so yummy too. must try that one soon.

10. Inspired says:

How did you read my mind? I just bought a package of frozen blueberries yesterday! Now I know where they’ll be going :).

11. Dan213 says:

You know what goes well with blended grains???
    You thought I was going to say beer, didn’t you? 😉

12. Lauren says:

I still haven’t gotten on the blended grain wagon, but I just bought a Magic Bullet, after seeing you and so many other bloggers rave about it. So maybe soon?

13. glidingcalm says:

my dad makes a very thick blended grains cereal that he keeps in a huge pot in the fridge and eats throughout the week!! I think it is 9 grain or 10? He buys it bulk from WF and then mixes in leftover brown and white rice from the week as well (when he first cooks it). So tastyyyyyy! (My fav part is the bits of cornmeal!)

14. Michal says:

You are a genius…. but wait I think I have told you that each time you post a new recipe! :)

15. Katie says:

I can’t eat gluten, so quinoa has become my favorite grain. I wonder if you can blend it?

16. A creamy, luscious blueberry muffin!?!?! YES PLEASE! It looks phenomenal and I’ve got to give it a try.

17. eatandrun says:

I’ve just changed my favorite grain, after seeing this post. It’s now bulgur!!! 😉

18. McKella says:

I loooove bulgur, but my favorite grain is still oats, mixed with cocoa, peanut butter and a melted banana!

19. I can’t get over oat bran, it’s my fav! :) I made blueberries `n cream all the time, yummmm!!

20. Marina says:

I love oats, but I have to say, corn in all forms is a loved one too. Polenta, cooked or baked corn, popcorn, corn bread…anything corn :)

21. Oh this looks fabulous- I need to try it!! I don’t think I’ve met a grain I didn’t like- I guess my favorites are oats & wheat berries!

22. Oatmeal or quinoa. It’s a tough call.

23. Oh, I just want to pluck out those blueberries, they look sooo good!

24. Yum! ive had some amazing bulgur at restaurants but i have yet to attempt to make it at home…usually i just play around with couscous and quinoa but i think i want to expand my grains so bulgur is definitely on the list!

25. Diana says:

I’ve never tried bulgur.. hmm, sounds like I have to!

26. Melissa says:

Oh wow.

I use bulgur as the “meaty” part of my vegan chili recipes (so good! Try it if you haven’t!) but never eaten it just as it is. I’m trying to tomorrow!

Currently, my favorite grain is oats. I’m on such a huge blended oatmeal kick currently. :) Yummers.
    I also am eating dates/bananas and asparagus daily lately. I get REALLY into a food and go crazy eating it every day for months at a time. Last couple months it was brussels sprouts and young thai coconuts. 😀

PS: Pink ladies are my favorites, too! Though I do really like some other (odd, short season, oh too shortly available) apples like Ginger Golds, Ginger Blush and Orin. Yum. Everything I REALLY like is super seasonal (satsumas, cherries, pluots, apriums …) or hard to find in normal stores (Barhi dates). Darn it.

27. Adam says:

Pink Ladies are my all-time favorite too, so far! And i am a big fan of Millet. Hope your easter was most enjoyable!

28. Danielle says:

I’ve actually never tried the blended grains technique *shame* But it looks so good!!

My favorite grain would have to be oats, then quinoa 😀

29. Aimee says:

Yumlicious for sure! 😉

30. Bekah says:

I don’t even like blueberries, and that STILL looks good to me LOL!

31. Katie says:

Okay, I need to try bulgar. I haven’t really tied too many grains, but I love quinoa (which isn’t really a grain, right…?) and wheatberries are yummy, yummy in the summertime on salads. :-)

32. I’m craving blueberries right now! 😀

33. Jenny says:

I am an oats girl- through and through!

34. abby says:

oh wow it looks so good! i am like everyone else as an oat lover. but you might have converted me to bulgur!

35. Ooh YUM!!!!! I seriously have to try the whole blended grains thing. Like for real!!!
    My favorite grain is probably oats too but I’m also loving quinoa lately!

36. Anonymous says:

Your breakfasts always look amazing, Katie. Makes me want to take up running. Almost 😉

37. Valerie says:

Oops, that last comment was mine.

38. Stefanie says:

Yumm! Bulgur is one of my favorite grains. Though oats are still number one. I am going to have to try the blended grains trick. Your breakfast looks really good. Pink ladys are my favorite apple at the moment, too. :)

39. Jess says:

I love the flavor of blueberry! I have only tried blending my grains a few times–but it was a success!
    <3 jess

40. Is this breakfast? what kind of milk do you use?

I really like spelt- it has a nutty flavor. Try some spelt pretzels or pasta if you ever get the chance!

41. caronae says:

Oh that sounds really yummy. Now that I have a blender (got one for Easter!) I’m obsessed with the idea of blending any and everything. My favorite grain is typically oats since I’m so familiar with them and you really can’t fail. I also love quinoa and brown rice on occasion. I hate to admit it but I don’t think I’ve tried any other grains!

42. Bulgur looks good, although my stomach does not digest it. I love millet and quinoa!

43. I love all grains that I’ve tried, but bulgur and I haven’t met yet. I must try it soon! :)

44. Kristie says:

I feel like I MUST have tried bulgur…I think… but it’s been a while. Need to get on that grain train again! As for a fav, I’m thinking oats or oat bran but I don’t think I’ve yet meet a grain I wasn’t lovin.

45. Mmmm that looks soooo good! Cant get enough of blueberry muffins so I’ll have to try this recipe out! Thanks!!

46. I love pink lady apples too! They and good ol’ red delicious are my 2 faves.

I don’t know if I’ve tried enough grains to decide what’s my fave. This blueberry muffin bulgur sounds SOOO good though!

47. YUUUM – amazing recipe, Katie!
    You´re the raw genius :)
    Have a wonderful week!
    Brazilian XOXO´s,

48. tosha25italia says:

I love bulgar! I ate it too many days in a row though for breakfast , and now I haven’t had it in a while.

49. Pink Lady apples are your favorite, too?! Wow, our minds really ARE connected. 😉 Love ya, girl! <3

50. Nicole says:

Hi Katie,
    Have you ever tried Amaranth for breakfast yet? I bought some and I have no idea what to do with it!!!! I was thinking of a breakfast porridge, but was wondering if you’ve tried it and have a recipe you like? Thanks! Nicole

1. Oh this is so sad. I don’t think I’ve ever tried amaranth, period! Dunno that I’ve even SEEN it at the store. But now I’m intrigued. If you find a good use for it, let me know! And for my part, I’m going to look out for it next time I’m at the store. So if I find a good use for it, I’ll let you know too :).

51. Brianna says:

I think that this recipe was not the one I’m looking for,but I know that I will be trying it with my mother,thank you for inspiring me!!!!!