Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Blueberry Muffin Hot Cereal

Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day:

Blended Bulgur pudding, Pink Lady, and a Raw Tiramisu Bar.

Bulgur is one of my many favorite grains. The following link will help if you have no clue what recipes to make with bulgur, how to cook it, or what it even is: “All About Bulgur.

Bulgur Breakfast Pudding

• 1 serving cooked bulgur or oatmeal (See: How to Cook Perfect Bulgur)
  • 3-4 tbsp nondairy creamer (I like Silk Creamer)
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
  • fruit of choice, if desired (this time, I opted to put the fruit in post-blending)
  • optional: cocoa powder for a Chocolate Cream Pie Bulgur Pudding!

Put the cooked bulgur in your blending gadget (such as a Magic Bullet short cup). Add everything else. Blend! Now add in some frozen blueberries, or any other fruit/nut butters/chocolate chips/add-ins you wish.

Variations I’ve tried:

1. Strawberry Shortcake (add frozen strwberries pre-blending
2. Chocolate Cream Pie (see optional ingredient, above)
3. Cinnamon-Raisin (add cinnamon and raisins, post-blending)

1. Jessica says:

Blended grains is my FAVORITE blog invention!
    And that’s saying something, considering all the good blog inventions out there: green monsters, fudge babies, banana soft serve, melted banana trick, and on and on!

2. Mary says:

Blueberry muffin in blended grain form?!? How amazing are you?

3. Evan Thomas says:

I would have to go with sorghum because it’s becoming the new gluten-free whole grain

4. K you’ve sold me. Second I get a food processor back in my life, blended grains is on the menu.

5. Sarahishealthy says:

Favorite grain: Oatmeal! 🙂

6. (Que raro. That was the first comment I ever left you SIN ESPANOL!) Had to fix it 🙂

7. Kara says:

Those photos look good enough to eat off the screen!

8. I still haven’t tried blended grains but with the blueberries it looks delicious!

9. vegangal says:

ooooh oatmeal for sure. but the bulgur looks so yummy too. must try that one soon.

10. Inspired says:

How did you read my mind? I just bought a package of frozen blueberries yesterday! Now I know where they’ll be going :).

11. Dan213 says:

You know what goes well with blended grains???
    You thought I was going to say beer, didn’t you? 😉

12. Lauren says:

I still haven’t gotten on the blended grain wagon, but I just bought a Magic Bullet, after seeing you and so many other bloggers rave about it. So maybe soon?

13. glidingcalm says:

my dad makes a very thick blended grains cereal that he keeps in a huge pot in the fridge and eats throughout the week!! I think it is 9 grain or 10? He buys it bulk from WF and then mixes in leftover brown and white rice from the week as well (when he first cooks it). So tastyyyyyy! (My fav part is the bits of cornmeal!)

14. Michal says:

You are a genius…. but wait I think I have told you that each time you post a new recipe! 🙂

15. Katie says:

I can’t eat gluten, so quinoa has become my favorite grain. I wonder if you can blend it?

16. A creamy, luscious blueberry muffin!?!?! YES PLEASE! It looks phenomenal and I’ve got to give it a try.

17. eatandrun says:

I’ve just changed my favorite grain, after seeing this post. It’s now bulgur!!! 😉

18. McKella says:

I loooove bulgur, but my favorite grain is still oats, mixed with cocoa, peanut butter and a melted banana!

19. I can’t get over oat bran, it’s my fav! 🙂 I made blueberries `n cream all the time, yummmm!!

20. Marina says:

I love oats, but I have to say, corn in all forms is a loved one too. Polenta, cooked or baked corn, popcorn, corn bread…anything corn 🙂