Chatterbox

I’d planned to get the “Hug a Fruit” tribute post up today, but I was a little too tired to finish it, thanks to…

A certain date with Sports Store hottie!

NYC2010 226

(The appropriate Africard of the day)

I don’t want to bore you, so I’ll simply say I had an awesome time. We have so much in common it’s scary, and I don’t think there was a single awkward silence the whole night. (That may be partially due to the fact that I’m a bit of a chatterbox.)  Unfortunately, I have no photos for you… Although I feel really comfortable sharing with SSH, I just wasn’t ready to bring up the blog. We talked about running, about our rescue dogs, about high school and college and working out and politics… but I still felt weird saying, “Oh by the way, guy that I just met, I like to take pictures of food.”

Question for other bloggers: how long after you’re dating someone do you tell him/her about your blog?

1. Awh I’m so glad it went well!
    I once had a date where we spent the whole day together and talked non-stop :) the guy just lived too far away though :( SUch a shaaame :'(

2. whoohoo! Good first dates are always the best.

3. radioactivegan says:

Lol, I do come here for the recipes, but I want to hear more about the boy! :) I’m so glad you had a great time. I hope you get to see him again before you head home

4. Aww, thanks for sharing your date with us! I usually tell people about my blog within the first day of meeting them, but I can see where dating would be different. I had to tell my husband about it preeeetty early. 😉 Although, I know some bloggers -not necessarily in the food world- don’t tell their spouses about their blog!

5. ecogrrl says:

i’m so glad you had a nice time – nothin’ like good talk :)

i so very rarely even discuss my love life on my blog. i’ll occasionally bring up a past story when talking about how it affected my life, but to read my blog you’d have no idea who i’m dating at any given point in time.

my friends know i have ‘a blog’ but as far as i know, only the ones who blog themselves read it (i have a big problem with the ‘anonymous follower’ feature, btw…). once you have friends and family reading it, often you find yourself self-censoring, so it’s always a challenge. my blog’s been about pushing myself to talk openly, be more vulnerable, express both good and bad and everything in between, and when you’re just meeting someone? can be a bit of a shock to the system unless they too are writers and ‘get’ why we do what we do :)

1. I am just like you! I worry more about what the few people who know me in real life think about my blogging than the thousands of people who read that I don’t know!

6. chefkatelyn says:

Awe, I love stories about boys! My last serious boyfriend and I would talk for hours on end with no pause. Even though you live far apart, maybe you’ll find each other again some day! Definitely keep talking to each other, that’s precious

7. Congrats on the awesome date Katie!! So glad you hit it off. Hmm, no need to let the cat out the bag too soon. :)

8. I love hearing about SSH!!! I’m so happy that the date went well!!! Its so great to instantly click with people. I can’t wait to hear more! Keep us updated!!! :)

9. Run Sarah says:

Glad you had a great date Katie! That Africard is adorable, too.

10. Jess says:

I’m SO GLAD your date went well 😀

11. Anonymous says:

What!! That’s all the info we get?? Yes, I come here for the recipes…. but I definitely don’t mind hearing about your life adventures.

1. Aww thanks hehe. I’m going to try to strike a balance from now on; food AND personal stories in the same posts.

12. Roselie says:

Glad your date went so well! Hmm not that I mind reading about the boy and not recipes but maybe you should be careful that from not talking about yourself at all you ‘ll start talking a bit too much you know what I mean? Not that you do it now just a thought!

Cheers!

13. Marina says:

I’m glad your date went so good! Don’t worry, you sound really cute talking about the boy 😉
    That card is adorable :)

14. There’s always time for recipes…it’s not every day we can live vicariously through your successful dating life. :)

PS- I pretty much whip out my camera at every meal…so if we’re out to dinner, any potential friendboy is going to find out about the blog….
    PPS- They get bonus points if they actually help set up the shots and make sure we are at a good table for lighting purposes.

1. Hahahahhaha poor boys; as if they don’t have enough criteria to fill as it is with us girls :).

15. ahhhhh YAYY!!!! Sounds like he’s a keeper 😉 Dont wanna jinx it though *knocks on wood*
    I’ve been dating Michael for ~2 months and am going to reveal the blog to him in a few hours..ahhh!! I’m kind of nervous to hear his reaction even though I know he’ll probably be really interested in it. Good thing he doesnt judge 😛
    I’m sure your new boy wouldn’t judge either! He sounds great! 😀

1. Oooh brave girl! But he’ll love it!! :)

16. Rachael says:

I love the stories. And those kinds of moments/interactions…I had the same experience with my partner; we talked and talked (8 hours), I ended up staying in the town where he lived (I was just there to “camp”) and we moved in together five days later. Little fast, in hindsight, but true connections are rare; I’m glad you’re potentially experiencing one!

17. Little Bookworm says:

Glad it went well. The Africard is lovely! :)

18. Gloria says:

As much as I love the recipes, It’s great to hear about the good times of the girl behind the deliciousness! And it gives me a little more confidence to start chatting with my local SSH 😉

1. Do it!! The princess of Sweden just married her personal trainer! 😉

19. Erika says:

Haha! That Africard is so cute! Glad your date went well! :-)

20. Aww, yay that is so fun!! I’m glad your date went well! I really wish you wore that outfit on your date, that would have been hilarious. :)

1. Haha I guess it’s an excuse for another date!!