Coconut Butter Melties

After last night, who’s candy-d out?

While out this a.m. I must’ve seen a million candy wrappers.

One of the many benefits of my Vegan Peanut Butter Cups: No wrappers!

Even if you are sick of candy, you might want to find room in your tummy to make the following coconut melties. I’m obsessed with these little gems. Obsessed, people. Obsessed! They’re like shortbread bites: so melty.

melties

Yes, I’m aware that they look like soap. But they taste like little clouds of heaven. And they’re the simplest things ever, taking only about a minute to make!

coconut butter candy

Coconut Butter Melties

• Coconut butter or Hot Chocolate Butter
  • A refrigerator or (preferably) freezer
  • If you prefer sweeter melties, feel free to add agave or stevia drops
  • ice cube trays, candy molds, or soap molds (or spread onto wax paper)

Directions: Press the coconut butter or hot chocolate butter into the molds and fridge for at least twenty minutes OR freeze 10 minutes if you’re super-impatient like I am. Then savor these melt-in-your-mouth treats and marvel at how something so simple can taste so good!

flowers candy mold

Above is the unused mold. I found it at Hobby Lobby in the cake-decorating section. Look in Michaels, Jo-Ann, Wal-Mart, or another craft store. Or just use an ice-cube tray. (Sometimes you can find cute-shaped ice cube molds too.) Another alternative: just spread out onto wax paper and freeze like that.

Side note: You can also use Homemade Coconut Butter.

hearts candy mold

I’m giving credit to my wonderful mom for the idea. Y’see, she bought chocolate molds to make homemade chocolates for Halloween. When I saw the molds on the counter, my little fingers gravitated right towards them! And when I looked for something to “shape,” guess what was conveniently sitting out on the counter… The good old Artisana coconut butter!

You can use Christmas molds, too!

Lately, I’ve been sprinkling cinnamon into my coconut butter, for Cinnabon Melties.

coconut candy

Above, melties from coconut and Hot Chocolate Butter.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. What a cute and delicious idea!

I actually have quite the potty mouth. Oops. :)

2. Valerie says:

They’re gorgeous, Katie! I’m going to go make them ASAP (in other words, as soon as it’s nap time for dear daughter hehehe).
    Oh, and I think I’ll do swirls–chocolate and coconut ones together! :)

1. Valerie says:

P.S. I used to swear a lot, but with little ones at home, the hubby and I have had to learn to watch out mouths!

3. What a great idea!! They’re so cute! I have a skull and cross bones ice cube tray that needs some love!

4. Yesterday I made coconut butter for the first time, and my sister told me that we had to refrigerate the whole jar… So this morning when I went to take some, the entire thing was hard as a rock!
    If only I’d chilled them in bite size pieces :)
    (And don’t worry, the coconut butter was saved after sitting on the counter for a while!)
    The chocolate ones look like pure heaven, by the way!

1. Valerie says:

LOL oh I’m glad I’m not the only one who did this! I always fridge my pb jars, so when I first bought coconut butter, I fridged that too. Not so good!

5. Leslie says:

I got the cutest ever ice cube trays (they’re stars and hearts) a few months ago, and now I know exactly how to christen it! So glad I read your blog!!! Honestly, your ideas are the best :).

6. These are so cute! I’m not a huge fan of coconut, but I might have to try these anyway :)

I don’t curse much — my dad was a lutheran minister when I was younger and 12 years of lutheran school drilled that into my head that you don’t curse!

7. abby says:

these look sooooo good! and so easy! lol a lot of my comments are the same, because all your ideas are so easy and all the ones i’ve tried have been so good!
    i don’t have a chocolate mold, so i might just make balls. thanks katie! :)

8. Jennifer - jcd says:

Just when I thought your recipes couldn’t get any cuter, you introduce these. Well done; they look stunning.

As for expetives, you’ll never hear one from me. If you do, something really horribly terrible must have happened (and I cannot even think of an example). I just don’t see the need to use them. Perhaps they have a time and place, but not for me. I don’t even like hearing other people use them, especially around children!

9. Inspired says:

These look fantastic! And fantastically simple. Like many of the commenters above me, I’ll be making them today. I’ll let you know how it goes ;).

10. I looove to bake, but I get tired of spending countless hours in the kitchen, too. It really just depends on how I’m feeling: sometimes I’m up for a long, exciting meal, and other times I want to be in and out.

As for swearing, nope. I don’t swear at all.. in fact, I can’t recall a single time I’ve ever sworn. It’s a nasty habit in my opinion, and I think it shows a lack of dignified vocabulary. It makes me think “Really? Out of the trillions of words that exist, you can’t find any other one to express yourself?” But you know, I’m weird.

11. Brandie says:

OMG! I want to make these… I was actually going to comment that ‘poor me’ I have no chocolate molds, but then I saw the comment above about someone’s skull’n’crossbones ice cube tray… I HAVE one of those! Oh coconut-y skullie goodness heehee! OH and for added cuteness.. my Beebits (he’s 2) now LOVES coc butter too! He came and asked me for come this morning :) We’re hard core too – we eat it plain 😉

And to answer the question … I USED to be a real sailor mouth – bad. But definitely since got back into my church and I’ve had a child it’s WAY calmed down, like almost nil. Yay! 😉 Like You CCV, it’s when I get REALLY mad. And since lil men (and girlies too I’m sure lol) copy everything we say? I say a lot of things like “Oh for Pete’s Sake”, “Oh Goodness” and stuff, which are pretty cute when he says them Haha!

12. Namaste Gurl says:

Cool idea, gurly– I have definitely made coconut balls but not molded them into super cute shapes :) My favorite are chocolate- coconut- almond balls!

And no, I don’t curse too often, unless you call “crap” or “god” curse words :)

13. Yum! I’ve never thought of molding coconut butter into treats–great idea! I think I used to have candy molds exactly like those!

14. VEGirl says:

Well, I love spending an hour or two in the kitchen! But that won’t stop me from making some of these! There are certainly sometimes when I want a desert NOW, and no thank you I would NOT like to wait. I think I’ll make some right now :) I have cute molds too!
    VEGirl

1. VEGirl says:

Yum, just ate one and Yum! They really do seems like shortbread!

1. Wow, girl you already made them?? Gosh you are fast!! :)

1. VEGirl says:

well, they are so easy!I just pushed some coconut butter in a flower shaped mold and froze it for a few minutes. pretty cool!

15. sarah says:

Oh my gosh! I want them! Must make them right now! Seriously, I used to love those little seashell soaps as a kid. I would always put them in my mouth! :) :)

16. Melissa says:

I swear a lot – in CERTAIN company. Not at work (unless I’m alone and my computer is just driving me mad!) and not in polite company with strangers. Adult friends and family, yeah. They are less apt to think I’m an idiot who has a weak mind and poor manners. 😉 They know I’m intelligent, generally well spoken and good natured. They also know that I’m passionate and some things *really* tick me off (normally bigotry, ridiculous politics that are affecting mine or others rights – including animals, and general stupidity and idiocy) and that I will rant, with expletives, about such people/things if given the chance.

They are just words and meh. Sometimes the horribleness that is going down needs a good f-bomb (or two or three in rapid succession) to fully express how DISGUSTED I am. I mean, really – anything involving gay marriage being banned, animals begin injured or women’s rights being tossed under the bus really REALLY need some stronger words as the generally used English just doesn’t cut it to express the depth of my ire and rage.

I don’t have kids and won’t ever have them. So no worries there.
    My friends all know me well enough to know that I swear when I’m off on one of my rants and they generally find it amusing. I’m also quite lewd and have no censor for a lot of things – If I’m on a roll and cracking the room up, I’ll just let it fly. Folks who hate it probably aren’t my friends. 😉

17. kristisn says:

Another great recipe that I’m going to have to try! I love your blog and all the great ideas. I like simple recipes as well. If I look at one and they have a mile long list of ingredients I tend to pass them up.

I have a pretty bad potty mouth, but usually it’s just at work. I have a 8 year old running around so I can’t being cussing like a sailor, and if I do let one slip she runs to the phone so she can call my mom and tattle on me!

1. hahahaa oh goodness, too funny (and cute!) that your daughter and mom are in collusion against you!

18. Sheila says:

I actually have two parrots with quite extensive vocabularies. So even more than with a young child, I have to be careful of what I say if I don’t want it repeated back to me at the most inopportune time!

19. EmbraceYourSkin says:

Oh my gosh, why have I never thought to do this!? Brilliant!
    I don’t curse very often, only when I’m really upset. I’m just not a fan…

20. Caitlin says:

Haha I didn’t swear AT ALL when I was little, and I always pointed my finger at those who did. But then for a while, it seemed cool to be able to swear… I felt naughty when I did it, like I was grown up. LOL now I guess I just swear a “normal” amount? If there’s such a thing.

Holy Hell (speaking of swearing), those coconut gems look yummmmmmmy!