Baked Oatmeal for One!

Can breakfast get any cooler than a personal baked oatmeal cake?

boatcake

Baked Oatmeal Flavors:

1. Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
  2. Cinnamon Bun Baked Oatmeal
  3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal
  4. Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
  5. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Baked Oatmeal (reader favorite!)
  6. Oatmeal Raisin baked Oatmeal
  7. Coconut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
  8. Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oatmeal

Birthdays will never be the same! Row, row, row your boatmeal…

Nutrition Facts:

• Calories: 180*
  • Fat: 3 g
  • Carbs: 33 g
  • Protein: 7 g
  • Fiber: 9 g
  • ww points (new system): 4 points

*Nutrition info is based on the Pumpkin Bread Baked Oatmeal, but all flavors are pretty similar, nutritionally-speaking. I usually add some form of nut butter to my boatmeal, but I’ve calculated the nutritional info without the optional nut butter for those of you who wish to keep it low-cal. (Add 100 calories per tablespoon of nut butter or oil, if using.)

chocolate covered katie shop

Along with my oatmeal cake I had a green smoothie in a bowl, unpictured, due to its ugliness. It’s not easy being green. And then I got ready for our family’s annual Christmas-shopping outing. My sister just loves these… Don’t you, Michelle? I’m sure she was extremely disappointed to miss it this year. (Sarcasm!)

Going Christmas shopping with my mom is intense. She gets on a roll. (No pun intended.)

1. Beth says:

That is adorable!!!

2. Ay I love it!! Genius :)
    I vote you make either a kabocha squash boatmeal cake (I make them hot – oats with cooked mashed squash and cinnamon and salt and nutmeg and a bit of water, cooked on the stove then left in the oven for a few mins….holy yum), but with added dates! And chocolate chips! Oh crikey. I want that now 😛
    Orrrr banoffee. Cos I like banana banoffee stuff :)

3. maybe it’s boring, but throw in some raisins, cinnamon, and walnuts — boatmeal cookie cakes!

4. Banana or sweet potato sound like yummy flavors to try!

5. CatherineK says:

Banana or sweet potato sound like delicious options!

6. Lauren says:

German Chocolate Cake, of course!

7. Danielle says:

Chocolate and peanut butter!

8. Leah says:

You should make an apple cinnamon boatmeal cake, or a cherry pie one!

9. Dana says:

I love the idea of ‘Hummingbird Cake’ for boatmeal. Throw in coconut, chopped pecans, crushed pineapple, and mashed bananas. Add cinnamon and a little vanilla extract for extra flavor. Then ‘frost’ it with a coconut butter! Mmmm so I am officially drooling. Off to make Hummingbird boatmeal Cake!

10. Amalia says:

Well, brownie batter boatmeal (BBB), of course!!! You ARE chocolate covered, right?

My second choice would be a “green apple” boatmeal using spinach for the green color… with raspberries or cranberries on top we could have Christmas boatmeal on our hands :)

My third choice would be beet boatmeal (BB) again…the Christmas theme :) You could put pistachios on top to complete the theme!

11. Sue H. says:

Katie – Must have chocolate!

12. Yin says:

I saw any type of squash or sweet potato (the purple Japanese one would be interesting!).

13. Ashton says:

banana peanut butter cup…my favorite type of normal oats!

14. Hanna M. says:

Maybe you could make a filling or bottom layer of something? Chocolate (meeelting…) or nut butter, or apple sauce and cinnamon. Also, chopped walnuts are good in anything.

15. Jennifer says:

I made the pumpkin boatmeal for breakfast this morning and it was delicious! It made my apartment smell so good!

I was actually thinking of replacing the pumpkin with applesauce and adding crasins for an cran-apple take on the boatmeal! Hmmm….maybe tomorrow morning.

Thanks for another great recipe!

1. I’ve been wanting to try applesauce too! So if you beat me to it, let me know what ya think :).

1. Melissa says:

I’ve done that! HH’s recipe calls for applesauce as the fat replacer/binder. It’s reeeallly good. Especially with bits of dried apples added. I use unsweetened cinnamon applesauce.

I also got some cups of peach applesauce to try out in the recipe since peaches and cream was my favorite when I ate the crappy microwaveable, so not vegan, Quaker quick packages. 😉

I also pureed some frozen strawberries and mixed them with the milk in a boatmeal once. Also tasty! I love that it’s so open for experimentation. :)

16. I’m good as long as there are chocolate chips in there :)

17. Brandae says:

First thought was chocolate peanut butter – but I can’t eat peanuts right now – sooooo I’d go with an almond butter n’ jelly cake. :) Can’t wait to try this recipe!!!

18. whatenergycreates says:

I bet a maple-brown sugar-walnut combo would be really good. Not too dessert-y, but good for a cold day!

19. Camille says:

Apple Pie Boatmeal!
    At least, not if I make it first! :)

20. Chocolate and peanut butter… duh!!!! :)

I frakkin’ love the boatmeal cake. You are a genius!