Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Please Help!!

I hadn’t originally planned to post today.

But I received an email from the Catskill Animal Sanctuary, which sparked me to action. This sanctuary is an amazing organization: it’s given over 2,000 formerly-abused animals a second chance at finding love. Obviously, places like this cannot exist without donations. And right now, if the Catskill Animal Sanctuary raises $1.5 million, it will receive a matching grant!

So if you donate now, your donation will automatically be doubled!! Please help them to reach their goal. I can personally attest to the worthiness of this group, as I’ve seen first-hand how lovingly they care for animals in need.

catskillbabe catskillcasey

catskillgoats ducks

And Happy New Year’s Eve! Please stay safe, especially if you’re driving tonight.

1. Happy new year, Katie! Thanks for all the great 2010 posts. Can’t wait for 2011! 😉

2. I’m not sure if I can donate living in England, but I’m checking out their website right now! Looks like a great cause- hope I can! :)

3. Meg says:

Checking out that website 😀 What a great cause!

4. Awww, those animals are so cute! Sounds like a great cause.
    Happy New Year! 😀

5. wonderful, thanks for sharing!

wishing you a happy healthy and safe new years eve!

6. Animals are just the cutest :) Sounds like a great cause to be a part of, good for you!
    Happy new years <3

7. How long does the donation doubling last? I can’t donate right now, but I could manage a little bit on my next paycheck! Happy new year, Katie! xoxo

1. Hey girlie, you are so so sweet to want to help!! I think the donation match ends tonight, but they can ALWAYS use extra donations. And it’s such a good cause. (I’m always worried about donating $ to a cause I don’t know, so I like KNOWING for sure my money is going straight to the animals, ’cause I’ve seen it first-hand :).)

1. Well I will definitely try to send some money their way when I get paid. Organizations that help animals are my favorite to donate to! :)

8. Camille says:

This is such a wonderful cause. Thank you so much for bringing it to everyone’s attention! Happy New Year, Katie!
    P.S. I have The Hangover coming in the mail via Netflix and it should be here tomorrow. I will be able to send it off on Monday!

9. Renée says:

Thanks for sharing, I’ll donate when I get paid tonight!

10. Your so sweet to want to help the animals. I’m not sure if I can donate or not, but if not, I’ll try to help some other way! :)
    Happy New Year!

11. Namaste Gurl says:

You’re so sweet miss Katie– too sweet, in fact :-) Love what your doing for the Animal Sanctuary and will definitely try to help out if I can!!

12. What a great cause. That you for telling us aout it, Katie. :) You have such a great heart! Happy New Year!

13. Aww, Katie, what a sweet post and wonderful cause. Thanks for posting and trying to help out!

Many blessings to you and your family in 2011!

14. Gloria says:

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I’m happy I was able to donate, but I’m bummed I didn’t know sooner – my employer definitely would have matched my donation! Hopefully I’ll be on their email list now. I sent the website to all of my friends and family. I’m praying they get the $1.5 million by tonight. Have a wonderful New Year, Katie!

15. Claire says:

What a great cause!
    Happy New Year Katie! All the best for 2011.

16. Brandie says:

ACK! This went to my spam :( Wth huh? I love this sanctuary! I want to OWN one someday :) I wish I had lots and lots of money to donate :) Good job darlin… proud of you for bein a part of their rescue :) Happy New Years!!!

1. Hmmm, yeah spam hates me! They’re always sending my emails/comments to spam :(

17. bitt says:

Katie, thank you for your compassion towards animals and for being their voice. So appreciated. I am tapped out right now (after donating to a few animal organizations already) but I will spread the word.

happy new year!

18. the 2nd photo is my favorite. oh i love these animals and i hope they continue to thrive and be able to live the life they were meant to live <3

thank you for being a natural born humanitarian. the world needs more LEADERS like you :)