Banana Pancakes for One

I’m really getting into this “single-serving” thing!

Chocolate Covered Katie Pancakes

Yesterday, I was treated to breakfast, courtesy of my younger sister.

But to understand how yesterday’s breakfast came into fruition, I must take you back (in my super-cool time machine) to Christmas Day. Seeing how I have so many cupcake recipes on the blog, my sister decided to give me the following gift:

Too cute, right? Check out the expiration date. (She also gave me a copy of Vegan Cupcakes take over the World and a music CD. I already own the cookbook. But hey, who doesn’t like store credit at Barnes’n Noble?)

While I debated what cupcakes to choose, I asked little sister to make me something else: Vegan Banana Pancakes!

banana pancakes

Banana Pancakes for One

• 1/3 cup ww pastry, spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 mashed banana, as ripe as possible
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice
  • dash salt

Mix the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mash the banana and then add the other liquid ingredients. Stir the dry into the wet. Then make your vegan banana pancakes! (Makes 4-5)

Try topping these with syrup or even my recipe for {Healthy} Homemade Nutella.

Tags: , , ,

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Yum, yum, yum!! The card from your sister is the cutest thing ever! And those banana pancakes look super fluffy and yummy!

We usually top our pancakes with fruit, or a sauce made from puréed fruit. Sometimes we’ll add a handful of chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter.

2. VeggieGirl says:

LOOOOVE pancakes!! Favorite topping = warm maple syrup.

3. Those pancakes look sooo good! I’d top them with dark chocolate dreams!!!!!
    I feel the same way about cake….I’d prefer something different…..
    I even had fondue in place of birthday cake for my sweet 16!!!!

1. And you didn’t invite me? 😉

4. chocolate and banana and pb. in/on my pancakes. always. also like to dollop a bit of greek yogurt on top 🙂

5. Disturbed says:

I absolutely love pancakes-and I am weird and don’t like syrup on mine, and even when I wasn’t a vegan I couldn’t stand butter on mine. I like them slightly uncooked and right off the stove. The best way to eat them, I think, is to throw some pecans in the batter and then make a raspberry or blueberry sauce to poor on them. So good. I could eat pancakes every day. When I lived at home (at boarding high school now) and my parent’s were still together that use to be one of the big things we would do as a family. Me and my dad would cook the pancakes and my brother and mom would usually get a movie going. Good times.

1. Mmmmm I love them undercooked too! People think it’s weird, but we know better, right? 😉

1. Disturbed says:

Exactly, people just don’t know what they are missing.

6. Albizia says:

That’s such a cute present! I’d love someone to prepare a special breakfast for me 🙂

I haven’t eaten pancakes for years and I’ve always preferred them savory. But I won’t give the non-vegan examples 😛

7. Valerie says:

You look so beautiful in that photo, Katie :).
    Sorry I haven’t commented in a while. It’s been a hectic holiday season for us! But I’m catching up on your old posts now and am happy to hear you had a great Christmas. What a sweet sister you’ve got!

1. Valerie says:

Oh, and what a good idea for single-serving pancakes. Not exactly a necessity around here, with so many mouths to feed, but I bet it’d be a good idea for those living alone who don’t want mushy leftover pancakes. Yuck.

8. Lindsey says:

I loveeee pancakes! Blueberry and pumpkin are my favorite flavors. I always top them with a little non-dairy buttery spread and agave! I still haven’t tried banana pancakes, even though they are one of my fave fruits, so I’ll have to try this recipe soon! 🙂

9. Picky Nicky says:

I love banana pancakes, especially with peanut butter on top 🙂

10. Sarahishealthy says:

Love the glowing picture of you. And the cupcake coupon is so creative. I wish someone would give me a coupon like that! 😉

11. Those pancakes look delicious!!! I don’t make pancakes often, but my fave topping for EVERYthing is bananas! (if I ate meat, I’d probably put a banana on it. I’m joking.) 🙂
    The gift from your Sis was really sweet.

1. LOLOL!! Too funny! But too true. In fact, I bet meat WOULD taste better with some banana on top. I wonder how tofu marinated in banana sauce would be? Probably really good, right? I once made a banana coconut curry and it was delicious!

12. Mmmmm…you’ve given me a craving for pancakes now! 😀
    Your sister is too cute, that was such a good idea!

1. Speaking of cute, your blog name is super-cute!

13. Maryann says:

Banana pancakes makes me thing of Jack Johnson! They look yummy! I like pancakes but love waffles even more…soaked in maple syrup 🙂

14. I never liked pancakes until I became vegan. It was an egg thing. Now I really enjoy them… with bananas and peanut butter on top

15. I have been pan-craving (pancake + craving?) for a few days now…perhaps I’ll have to go with this pancakes for one idea (and thank you for always cooking for a single lady, m’dear!)…maybe I’ll try it out with my new peanut flour?

16. Hannah says:

Yum! These look so simple yet delish!

17. Janna says:

Katie I love that you do “single-serving things”. I am moving into graduate student housing in a couple days and will be living on my own (and cooking for one!) for the first time EVER! So I need as many single-servings of things as I can get!

I love pancakes. My family actually a restaurant called The Pancake House. I like blueberry pancakes a lot. But for real treat I go for the banana chocolate chip. Yum!

1. Janna says:

That meant to say “My family actually OWNS a restaurant…”

18. I am a pancake girl for sure, and my favorite toppings are definitely peanut butter and maple syrup! These pancakes look marvelous… so sweet of your sis!

19. pancakes are hands down my favorite.. i am also not much of a cake lover either! i like DENSE foods!… hmm best pancake topper is obvi almond butter!

1. Hehe or coconut butter!! 😉
      P.S. Giving you a shout out tomorrow :).

20. bitt says:

i love the fried banana thing that happens when you put bananas in pancakes. and with maple syrup–yum!