Banana Pancakes for One

I’m really getting into this “single-serving” thing!

Chocolate Covered Katie Pancakes

Yesterday, I was treated to breakfast, courtesy of my younger sister.

But to understand how yesterday’s breakfast came into fruition, I must take you back (in my super-cool time machine) to Christmas Day. Seeing how I have so many cupcake recipes on the blog, my sister decided to give me the following gift:

Too cute, right? Check out the expiration date. (She also gave me a copy of Vegan Cupcakes take over the World and a music CD. I already own the cookbook. But hey, who doesn’t like store credit at Barnes’n Noble?)

While I debated what cupcakes to choose, I asked little sister to make me something else: Vegan Banana Pancakes!

banana pancakes

Banana Pancakes for One

• 1/3 cup ww pastry, spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 mashed banana, as ripe as possible
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice
  • dash salt

Mix the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mash the banana and then add the other liquid ingredients. Stir the dry into the wet. Then make your vegan banana pancakes! (Makes 4-5)

Try topping these with syrup or even my recipe for {Healthy} Homemade Nutella.

Tags: , , ,

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Yum, yum, yum!! The card from your sister is the cutest thing ever! And those banana pancakes look super fluffy and yummy!

We usually top our pancakes with fruit, or a sauce made from puréed fruit. Sometimes we’ll add a handful of chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter.

2. VeggieGirl says:

LOOOOVE pancakes!! Favorite topping = warm maple syrup.

3. Those pancakes look sooo good! I’d top them with dark chocolate dreams!!!!!
    I feel the same way about cake….I’d prefer something different…..
    I even had fondue in place of birthday cake for my sweet 16!!!!

1. And you didn’t invite me? 😉

4. chocolate and banana and pb. in/on my pancakes. always. also like to dollop a bit of greek yogurt on top :)

5. Disturbed says:

I absolutely love pancakes-and I am weird and don’t like syrup on mine, and even when I wasn’t a vegan I couldn’t stand butter on mine. I like them slightly uncooked and right off the stove. The best way to eat them, I think, is to throw some pecans in the batter and then make a raspberry or blueberry sauce to poor on them. So good. I could eat pancakes every day. When I lived at home (at boarding high school now) and my parent’s were still together that use to be one of the big things we would do as a family. Me and my dad would cook the pancakes and my brother and mom would usually get a movie going. Good times.

1. Mmmmm I love them undercooked too! People think it’s weird, but we know better, right? 😉

1. Disturbed says:

Exactly, people just don’t know what they are missing.

6. Albizia says:

That’s such a cute present! I’d love someone to prepare a special breakfast for me :)

I haven’t eaten pancakes for years and I’ve always preferred them savory. But I won’t give the non-vegan examples 😛

7. Valerie says:

You look so beautiful in that photo, Katie :).
    Sorry I haven’t commented in a while. It’s been a hectic holiday season for us! But I’m catching up on your old posts now and am happy to hear you had a great Christmas. What a sweet sister you’ve got!

1. Valerie says:

Oh, and what a good idea for single-serving pancakes. Not exactly a necessity around here, with so many mouths to feed, but I bet it’d be a good idea for those living alone who don’t want mushy leftover pancakes. Yuck.

8. Lindsey says:

I loveeee pancakes! Blueberry and pumpkin are my favorite flavors. I always top them with a little non-dairy buttery spread and agave! I still haven’t tried banana pancakes, even though they are one of my fave fruits, so I’ll have to try this recipe soon! :)

9. Picky Nicky says:

I love banana pancakes, especially with peanut butter on top :)

10. Sarahishealthy says:

Love the glowing picture of you. And the cupcake coupon is so creative. I wish someone would give me a coupon like that! 😉

11. Those pancakes look delicious!!! I don’t make pancakes often, but my fave topping for EVERYthing is bananas! (if I ate meat, I’d probably put a banana on it. I’m joking.) :-)
    The gift from your Sis was really sweet.

1. LOLOL!! Too funny! But too true. In fact, I bet meat WOULD taste better with some banana on top. I wonder how tofu marinated in banana sauce would be? Probably really good, right? I once made a banana coconut curry and it was delicious!

12. Mmmmm…you’ve given me a craving for pancakes now! 😀
    Your sister is too cute, that was such a good idea!

1. Speaking of cute, your blog name is super-cute!

13. Maryann says:

Banana pancakes makes me thing of Jack Johnson! They look yummy! I like pancakes but love waffles even more…soaked in maple syrup :)

14. I never liked pancakes until I became vegan. It was an egg thing. Now I really enjoy them… with bananas and peanut butter on top

15. I have been pan-craving (pancake + craving?) for a few days now…perhaps I’ll have to go with this pancakes for one idea (and thank you for always cooking for a single lady, m’dear!)…maybe I’ll try it out with my new peanut flour?

16. Hannah says:

Yum! These look so simple yet delish!

17. Janna says:

Katie I love that you do “single-serving things”. I am moving into graduate student housing in a couple days and will be living on my own (and cooking for one!) for the first time EVER! So I need as many single-servings of things as I can get!

I love pancakes. My family actually a restaurant called The Pancake House. I like blueberry pancakes a lot. But for real treat I go for the banana chocolate chip. Yum!

1. Janna says:

That meant to say “My family actually OWNS a restaurant…”

18. I am a pancake girl for sure, and my favorite toppings are definitely peanut butter and maple syrup! These pancakes look marvelous… so sweet of your sis!

19. Katie you did it again :). I’m not a single gal but love your single recipes ;).

xx sabine

20. pancakes are hands down my favorite.. i am also not much of a cake lover either! i like DENSE foods!… hmm best pancake topper is obvi almond butter!

1. Hehe or coconut butter!! 😉
      P.S. Giving you a shout out tomorrow :).