Raw Chocolate Raspberry Mini Fudge Cake

fudgecake

Remember my Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake?

You’ve probably all seen it by now, because I can’t stop raving about how much I love it. What’s not to love: Chocolate? Check. Surprisingly-healthy, vegan, and sugar-free? Check check check. Yesterday, I made a raspberry version…

I might like it even more than the original!

fudge3

Chocolate Raspberry Mini Fudge Cake

(Or frosting!)

• 80g raspberries (2/3cup)
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder (16g)
  • 4 tbsp coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter
  • Scant 1/16th tsp salt
  • Sweetener: I like 5g agave, but my testers like 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp (20-30g)

Melt your coconut butter, then add the raspberries (I like to use frozen, thawed berries and melt them a little too) and other ingredients. (I have not tried this recipe with coconut oil, and therefore I can’t vouch for the results if you make that substitution.) Mash until it’s completely smooth, like chocolate butter. (If you wish, you can use a blender, but I never do. I just put it all in a Magic Bullet short cup and mash with a spoon. Use as frosting, or fridge/freeze. (If you freeze, be sure to thaw before eating.) This makes a very small serving (I used a mini springform for the slice in the photo), so if you want a regular-sized cake, make a bigger batch!! (Triple or quadruple for a normal-sized cake.)

See original fudge cake post for Nutritional Information.

(This version probably has fewer calories because raspberries aren’t as calorically-dense as bananas… but what’s a calorie-count anyway, if not an estimate?)

IMG_6491[1]

This recipe only has healthy fats (none of those artery-clogging trans fats), and some fat is needed for a healthy diet. Plus, this fudge cake is so rich that you won’t want to eat a humungo slice.

fudgeycake

Link of the Day:

Healthy Mini Cocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

🙂

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. I totally agree – choc/orange is no good! I like choc/mint, choc/PB, choc/banana.

“3. Don’t like coconut? The recipe has no coconutty taste whatsoever.” THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

1. LOL Holly, I think of you every single time I make a new recipe with coconut.

2. Hannah says:

gosh. I just kind of want this right now. Katie your recipes always look so delish. Spring break is less than a week away. You know I’ll be cooking up a storm!! I’m also LOVING your Banana butter; I made it with sunflower seed butter, banana and greek yogurt whizzed up–> yum!
    Hannah

1. Aw, I’m so excited you like it 🙂 :).

3. Danielle says:

OMG your photos today. Wow!
    🙂

4. Tulika says:

I think I’m convinced!! That looks soooo delish! It actually kind of looks like a chocolate cheesecake…YUM!

5. Omg, this looks fantastic!!! This recipe and the fact that I have been having recurring dreams of my purchasing it, means that I need to get myself some coconut butter!!

6. VeggieGirl says:

Oh my YUM!

My favorite chocolate pairing is chocolate with… more chocolate 😉

1. Hahahaha Liz, you are the smartest, cutest girlie I know!

2. Baking 'n' Books says:

That’s what I was thinking 😉 Chocolate needs no side-kick…although Coconut = Love 🙂

7. nelly says:

oh my. this looks like something i definitely need to try…amazing. perhaps you have hit the recipe jackpot with this one!!!

raspberry and chocolate are heavenly together!

=)

8. This looks amazing, I love the combo of chocolate and raspberries sooo decadent!

9. Stefanie says:

Another great looking dessert. 😀

10. Jenny says:

Nooo, what about those rare people who’re allergic to coconut? D: I wonder if peanut butter or some other nut butter can be used…? Or olive oil? (… Instead of coconut oil? That doesn’t sound like it would work, actually…)

Looks fantastic though… Your photography lately has been really amazing as well!

1. Oh no! An excuse I didn’t think about :(. Another nut butter might work… but probably not another oil, because coconut oil is the only one (that I know of) that’s solid at room temp. But if you try it with pb or something, definitely let me know how it goes! 🙂

1. Tana says:

I don’t have coconut butter or agave and I didn’t feel like making a run to the store so I worked with what I’ve got. Subbed in cashew butter and maple syrup, it may not be raw anymore but still vegan and totally rich and delicious! I’m really excited to have stumbled across this site, your oatmeal tricks and melted banana trick are already regular staples for me! 🙂

2. Aisha says:

jenny, if u love katie’s recipies and are alergic to coconut, there is another oil that is solid at room tempature and i highly recomend it ….raw cacao butter!!! honestly Katie for a chocolate blogger u didnt know cacao butter is solid at room temp? lol anyway jenny its really yummy make sure u get the raw one and not the cosmetic one

11. I am not a huge chocolate fan, but if I had to pick, it would be chocolate and peanut butter! This looks amazingly fudgy and delicious!

12. abby says:

woah those photos are beautiful! maybe because chocolate is the subject? but seriously, they’re gorgeous! i wanna make this right now! wish i had the raspberries. they’re going on the grocery list asap!
    oh and i especially like the last photo. it’s like the cake is coming straight at you! 🙂

13. Is it really that easy? [Don’t worry, I already know the answer. ;)]

1. I’d say “so easy a caveman could do it” but I don’t wanna get sued by any cavemen ;).

14. You got me at “you must make this” 🙂 I’m sold!

15. Miso says:

Really good pictures!!!

16. Ok ok, you don’t have to twist my arm or anything, I’ll happily make that! That looks insanely delicious. I have been making A LOT of chocolate treats lately. It can’t possibly hurt to make more! Right? 😉 Mmmm…I’m into chocolate anything. But especially chocolate peanut butter and chocolate coconut.

1. Leslie says:

You can never have too much chocolate! Not possible! 🙂

17. This looks so perfect and decadent!! I made some carob coconut butter the other day, and I’ve been chipping out spoonfuls and savoring the melty goodness! 🙂

1. Leslie says:

Carob? That sounds yummy! Do you melt carob chips into coconut butter, or use carob powder?

1. I used powder, and HEAB made a version with the chips!! 🙂

18. Yum! That looks delish! Raspberries + chocolate = <3

19. Lisa says:

ohh a chocolate peanut butter version would be deliiiiightful 🙂
    then again, i love pretty much anything involving chocolate &/or peanut butter !

20. Gen says:

That looks so amazing!
    My favorite chocolate combos are choc+mint, choc+pb and choc+pineapple