A bowl of… Banana Bread?

Introducing the newest Disneyland roller coaster:

Email Mountain

Or really, this ride is not at Disneyland. It’s on my computer. My inbox is a scary place right now. If you’ve sent me an email in the past few days and haven’t heard back from me, it’s probably because I haven’t even gotten to your email yet!

This morning, in preparation for battle with the fearsome inbox abyss, I fueled up with a tried-and-true delicious breakfast:

banana bowl

Banana Bread in a Bowl

All the goodness of baked banana bread, without having to heat up your oven. I really should remember to make this more often than I do!

banana in a bowl

I wasn’t the only one who wanted my Banana Bread in a Bowl.

Henry loves bananas! He thinks he’s a monkey.

henrypie

I tried to complain to him about my overflowing inbox, but Henry offered no moral support.

However, at one point, he did lick my feet. 😕

Bake Sale Wrap-Up

Altogether, we raised a grand total of… $3,247 !!!

Yup, over $3000! All from little, innocent baked vegan treats! Hard to believe! Thank you so much, to everyone who participated—from those of you who donated food items, to the bidders, to those of you who mentioned the sale on Twitter or on your blogs.

My heart is so happy, knowing there are such compassionate people in the world who will jump at the chance to help others.

Within the next few days, highest bidders from the bake sale will be receiving an email from me (if they haven’t already), telling them to make their donation to redcross.org and forward the receipt (and their mailing address) to me. If you know you were a high bidder, and you don’t want to wait for my email, please feel free to just go ahead and send me that info!

Bakers, you don’t need to begin baking anything until you get an email from me. Yikes bikes, I’m going to be sending out a lot of emails. This calls for more bananas (brain power fuel!).

banana_thumb

Single-Lady Banana Muffin

Question of the Day:
How much time do you normally spend online?

I know it seems like I’m online a lot. But, in truth, I probably only spend about one to two hours online each day (in total). Multiple times throughout the day, I check my email and send out tweets or respond to comments, but the checks only last a few minutes. On Sundays, I might spend a little more time online, because that’s often when I plan posts and edit photos. Oh, and I totally blog from class. (You didn’t read that, professors!)

However, these past few days, due to the bake sale, I have been glued to my computer. Y’all, my eyes hurt! But it is worth it, because we managed to raise so much more money than I’d ever hoped.

After this is all over, maybe I’ll take a complete mini break from the computer for a few days. I might even be asking for guest posts. Stay tuned… 🙂

1. WOW congrats katie!! What an accomplishment!! You truly made an impact :)-as did all the bidders!!

2. Brandie says:

I spend WAYYYYYY too much time on my computer – Well, on A computer because I work at one too – so time from work AND home included…. at least 8 hours a day. YUCK huh?!!? I should really limit my at-home internet’ing *giggle* but I’m an addict! Ack!

Take a break!

3. Jojo says:

CONGRATS on the successful bake sale! That’s the power of vegan treats in action, folks 😉
    Yikes, and good luck with all those emails. You’re hard work is well appreciated!

4. ahhh CONGRATULATIONS on such a success!!!!!!!! That is amazing, doll!!!!! Goodluck with all of those emails, and make sure to take heaps of breaks!

5. Chelsea says:

Time online? My life is online 😉 It’s on my phone and my computer with me constantly haha!
    That’s great about the bake sale though!!! Way to go everyone!

6. Disturbed says:

On week days I spend about 3 hours actively doing things. On weekends I just go on and off when I am home.

7. Wow, that is an amazing result! Congratulations. You’re such an awesome person for putting all this together. Good luck with your inundated inbox.

8. Änne says:

Congrats!!! the result is amazing 🙂
    atm I spend every(!) day of the week in the library to prepare myself for my final exams at university and really must stop myself from being online too often…but when motivation is lost, it is too tempting to go online instead of studying the anatomy of fish skulls *yuck*

9. Congrats on raising so much for Japan! Can you believe the macaroons?! Wow. People amazing me… I’m so glad the tragedy in Japan is staying visible to Americans in the news.

1. LOL I know! But the macaroon winner sent the sweetest email about why she offered so much. It made me want to cry… in a good way :).

10. Unfortunatly my current job leaves me in front of a computer for 8-9 hours a day so I spend like 75% of my life online right now…. It is kind of pathetic but it allows me lots of time to read blogs!!!

11. Kari says:

Wow that’s wonderful news about how much was raised. I plugged it on my facebook for sure.

I can hardly imagine how much work you’ve put into this, a break definitely seems like a good idea.

And now I want a banana…

12. I love banana bread!!!

That is awesome how much money you raised!! 🙂 I am shocked not gonna lie

13. So I’m new to the blog world and never saw Henry before! But now I am his biggest fan. I think he’d like my Jack Russel, Bella. 😉

1. Oh goodness, yes! Please, can we have a playdate? And then they could get married and have little Henry-bells… Hmmm, am I thinking too far ahead? 😉

14. Mmmm…..that oatmeal looks delish! Congrats on the bake sale. As for my computer use, I’m online all day….but that’s because of work. I probably spend 10 hours a day on the internet. Damn, that sounds so bad!

15. oh my gosh .. awkward.. i spend like 1000 hours.. no im kiddin… i read blogs during breakfast and lunch.. and then respond to emails and tweets duringthe day and then back to blogging at night 😀 :D..
    it literally is a job that id take ANYDAY!

16. Katie, I normally don’t comment (I just steal recipe ideas to fool my husband into eating vegan baked goods 😉 what he doesn’t know and all that, right?) but I just want to say…watching the bidding and the outpouring of support here over the past few days has been truly heartwarming. I know you’re stressed and have a lot of demands on your time right now but take heart — you are doing an enormously good thing!

1. Hahaha I do that to my mom… I have to put the spinach smoothies in a dark glass, though. Otherwise she won’t even try them!

17. Oh my goodness, Katie! Congratulations!!! That is so amazing 🙂 I’m so happy that you and the bidders and the bakers raised so much! Job well done, for sure.

18. Little Bookworm says:

Congrats on raising so much money Katie! 🙂 Good luck with the email mountain. 😛

19. Alyson says:

That total makes me smile SO much!!! That’s AWESOME!
    Also, I spend way to much time on the internet too… Mostly on blogs… and Facebook (sadly). But, that has to change someday, right? I’ll eventually get bored with the internet, right?! Hahahaha. It’s really a problem. I need to spend less time on here. 🙂

20. Kelsey @ Unmitigated Grub says:

Congrats! What an awesome cause and a yummy event. Good work putting it together. 🙂

I definitely try to limit my computer time, but it’s hard–I have to cut myself off!