The Carrot Cake Milkshake

Health Food = Rabbit Food

Normally this is exactly the kind of stereotype I try to dispel on my blog. But today, I’m embracing it full-force:

carrots

A carrot cake milkshake!

A double carrot cake milkshake, as I topped it with my 5-Minute Single Serving Carrot Cake in a Mug recipe. Two carrot cakes are better than one.

carrot shake

Carrot Cake Milkshake

• 1 extremely-ripe, large banana (frozen)
  • 2/3 cup milk of choice (For a rich, “ice cream”-like shake, use canned coconut milk. Also, use more or less, depending on desired thickness.)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • heaping 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 small carrot (50g or so)
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt (to bring out sweetness)
  • Optional: 1 tbsp Homemade Coconut Butter

Steam your carrot first, then blend all of the ingredients together in your blender, food processor, or even a Magic Bullet. (Note: This still tastes delicious if you just use almond milk as opposed to canned coconut milk. But it’s more of a carrot cake smoothie than a true milkshake.) I crumbled a healthy carrot cake in a mug on top.

carrot bunny shake

Get your bunny friends together and eat rabbit food. Or don’t tell your bunny friends, and keep the rabbit food for yourself! ‘Cause if you’re anything like me, you have a lot of bunny friends. As a child, I collected rabbits, so I have about a million stuffed animals, figurines, and other such bunny toys. If I invited all of them to my carrot-cake parties, the non-bunny of the group (me) would never get a bite.

By popular request: 50 Healthy Vita-Mix Recipes

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Holy doodle that sounds amazing. I’m a sucker for anything carrot cake related.

I’ve had my fair share of collections growing up: rocks, marbles, hockey cards, stamps, LEGO, and anything and everything to do with spaceflight. I had a pog collection when they were popular, but that didn’t last too long. I still keep up with the stamps occasionally and the LEGO and spaceflight collections are always growing it seems. 🙂

2. Stefanie says:

I think the muffin on top makes this milk shake even better. When I was little, I collected stuffed animals. Now, I do not collect them as much aside from the gingerbread men stuffed toys at Christmas time.

3. I LOVE CARROT CAKE!! this sounds llike BLISS! loving all these flavors!!
    YES i used to collect little pins from all the countries i visited in Europe— weird?.. YES.. cool?… sorta…. until i lost them all..

4. This looks amazing, Katie! I love anything carrot cake flavored! 😀

5. Lisa Fine says:

This looks great! [But I wish I didn’t have an allergy to raw carrots. I love them so.]

I loved collecting keychains as a kid – I kept them all on a giant ring, and by the time I was 12, I must have had 30 keychains. I still like to use one or two of them on my keyrings.

1. Deb says:

These carrots are cooked before blending. So maybe you can enjoy this!

6. Gen says:

That looks deeelicious!!!!
    I collected beanie babies!!

7. Jojo says:

You labeled this recipe as raw, but the carrot is steamed? Would this work if I used a raw carrot instead?

I collect stickers that come on fruit and vegetables. I have a ton collected and I stick them on the door of my pantry! Haha, from the collection, I can see that I eat a ton of bananas and apples.

1. Eek! Thanks for catching my silly mistake! I fixed it :). I think if you used a raw carrot, it would be more grassy-tasting… not as sweet. But it might still work if you used less. However, you’d probably need a high-powered blender to pulverize the carrot (or shred it first). If you try it, let me know how it works!

8. I made almost the same shake this winter! I added a little nutmeg and ginger too… and I SHOULD have added the coconut butter like you did. 🙂

9. Lindsey in CO says:

That is so funny that you called them “fires”! I have heard them called many things – paci, binkie, even the “mute button” but never a fire 🙂

I used to collect antique wade animals and antique marbles. My parents liked to go antique shopping 🙂 Now my daughter collects antique Barbies!

1. hehehe imagine me screaming FIRE!!! at the top of my lungs all day long ;).

10. Katie says:

I have a box of something like 75 santa claus figuerines. I started collecting when I was 2 or 3 and my mom still buys one or two every year.

11. Freya says:

I’ll take two of those milkshakes please 🙂
    Ha, yes I collected skulls! I was an odd child :/ I actually till have the box, filled with rabbit skulls, cats, birds, mice…I even have a HORSE skull. It’s huge, gross, has a wobbly tooth and creeps me out :/

12. Kimberley says:

TY Beanie Babies… I think my room was full of them!!!

13. My mom hated having ‘clutter’ and ‘things laying around’ but we definitely managed to collect some beanie babies, Pogs and stickers! ha

1. Pogs! Haha I’d forgotten about those things!

14. I’m carrot cake OBSESSED, love this!

15. Emily says:

I grew up with a ton of land and forest around me so whenever my dad and I would go for walks I would find an old glass bottle or some cool looking rock for what I called my “museum.” I think I still have everything in my parents’ basement!

16. Wow.. so simple. This will be consumed shortly!

17. So I’m totally making this for breakfast tomorrow… sounds delicious and I bet it tastes just as good as real carrot cake (shhh… don’t tell me grandma!).

18. I never really collected Beanie Babies, but I did have a few 🙂 I always wanted the green bear with the white clover. I don’t know why, but I really wanted that one!

19. McKella says:

Mmm, I love me some carrot cake. I haven’t tried any of your carrot cake recipes though, shame on me!
    I used to collect rocks, as well as a few other short-lived collections. Remember those gold-foil toffee candies? I had a whole shoebox of those wrappers for some reason. Something to do with “Golden tickets” I think.

1. I don’t know if I remember them… were they Werther’s brand? My grandma always carried Werthers toffees, and we liked to raid her purse!

1. McKella says:

I think they were Werthers…whatever they were, they were delicious and those gold wrappers made them that much more fun!