Chocolate-Chip Cookie Sandwiches

Way yummier than a whoopie pie!

Love and Basketball

Last Sunday, a local basketball team won their game. No big deal? Happens every day? True. But in this case, the team was the Dallas Mavericks, and the win just so happened to make them NBA champions.

Normally, I don’t follow basketball. (Hockey is my sport!) However, when it’s your city’s team in the finals, you can’t not get excited. It also offers a good excuse to throw a party. And my friends always jump at the chance for a party.

For our “Mavs-watching” party, I made these cookies.

As usual, they were gone almost before I put them down. Seriously, these cookies do not taste healthy. (I know, I say that about a lot of my recipes… but that’s only because it’s true!)

cookies4

Above, my Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I left most of the cookies plain. But as I was packing them up, I just couldn’t resist having a little fun. And everyone knows that, in the language of food, the word for fun is frosting. (You didn’t know? Well now you do!)

cookies1

Chocolate-Chip Sandwiches!

All it took was food coloring and this surprisingly-vegan frosting.

Okay, so the cookies weren’t really healthy anymore. Eh, but who needs health when you have frosting? (And, as earlier stated, most of the cookies were left unadorned. These few were just for fun!)

cookies2

Cookie Sandwich Ideas

(For your gastronomical pleasure)

Or maybe even marshmallow fluff (Smuckers is vegan) and chocolate chips? Who needs s’mores when you can have cookies? Cookies > graham crackers, yes?

Question of the Day:

What would be in your ultimate cookie sandwich?

Pumpkin? Peanut Butter and Jelly? I just got a new idea that involves bananas. Stay tuned!!

Tags:

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Mmm… those look delicious! My favourite, hands down, are ice cream sandwiches (chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream)!!

At least your home team won. Our ‘local-ish’ (as in, one provice over) hockey team didn’t win the Stanley Cup and there was rioting in the streets of Vancouver. It was disgraceful and awful. I’m so happy your team won and you could celebrate with style (and happy tummies).

1. I was rooting for them 🙁
      But I guess it was all for the best… their fans didn’t deserve a winning team. I’m still hoping to see a Canadian team win soon, though!

2. AAAAAH I am SO doing this!!! Best idea EVER Katie!! PB and J…or your vanilla ice cream…OR make an EXTRA batch of your cookies and put raw cookie dough in the middle of the cookies!! I think I need to lie down now 😛

1. I was thinking, what about jelly in between pb cookies?!

3. Albizia says:

Oh, right now I have like a million ideas of cookie sandwiches and I can’t pick any of them for the ultimate cookie sandwich. I’m thinking of caramel cookies with coffee cream, chocolate cookies with banana cream, banana cookies with peanut butter, vanilla cookies with lemon cream, walnut cookies with rose hip marmalade, coconut cookies with chocolate cream… I can go on like this forever but you get the idea – I loooove cookie sandwiches 🙂 .

4. A fun breakfast idea would be healthy oatmeal cookies stuffed with peanut butter frosting! Or the classic vanilla ice cream is always a favorite of mine. Those Big-E ice cream sandwiches are seriously the best.

5. VeggieGirl says:

I love the blue filling! Cookie Monster would love it as well, I bet 😉

I want a cookie sandwich filled with caramel, chocolate… a turtle cookie sandwich?

6. tea-bag says:

my ultimate cookie sandwich: oatmeal cookies w/ an apple filling! like a remix of apple pie! 🙂

7. liz says:

those look amazing. These would make great summer icecream sanwiches

8. Filled with Matcha Milk-based ganache with oats + chocolate ganache (YES! Doubly-filled!) Delicious…

9. I LOVe hte MAvs!! I have a SIGNED jersey form Dirk in my ROOM!! AHH.. i used to be SUCH the little baller!
    girl LOVIN these! i so wish I were there when u made these1!!

10. Alyssa says:

Yum!
    I’m not a hockey fan (sorry!), but I grew up in Boston, so I’m pretty psyched for the Bruins.
    And so glad the Mavs won! They deserve it!!!!!

11. Carrot cookie sandwich with a cream “cheese” icing filling? Maybe you could make walnut cookies and incorporate the carrots into the icing? The orange would look cool!

I made your Blondies last night – OMG they are incredible! I cannot stop eating them. 🙂

12. Mmm looks yummy! And yay, go Mavericks!

My ultimate cookie sandwich would be two chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter frosting, bananas and honey in the middle. YUMMY!

13. Emily says:

Peanut butter cookies with banana softserve. Rolled in coconut!

14. Tricia says:

Peanut butter, coconut, and chocolate 🙂 dream.come true

15. Emily says:

Uhh, can you say ICE CREAM?! 😀 And if not that, then I’d do Marshmallow Fluff and peanut butter… the Fluffernutter sandwiches of my youth are still in my mind today 😉

16. Lisa says:

LOL. i love how they are blue- so spring like and cheery! they sound yummy. and really, how can frosting NOT make anything better? 🙂
    my ultimate sandwich would be 2 peanut butter cookies with peanut butter frosting on the inside and chocolate sauce drizzled all over 🙂
    have a great friday!!

17. lindsay says:

oh man, too many choices here. All look good. I’d say coconut butter and banana would be a good sandwich!
    LC

18. Gina Flagiello says:

Hey Katie, you should try the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches from Sugar Mama’s bakery on S. 1st street in Austin, if you haven’t already… they are vegan and so so delicious!

1. I need to get back to Austin! It’s four hours from my house, but hey, the drive would be worth it for some cookie sandwiches, right? 😉

19. This looks amazing! I love the blue colour of the icing! So pretty!!

20. Well a smooshed naner would be amazing 🙂 but I was thinking like mint chocolate frosting, or mint ice cream would taste bomb on these!! They look great!