From its moment of birth, Coconut Banana Butter screamed (loudly!) for a chocolate fix. Not a fan of whining, I gave the crying baby what it wanted:
Pure love on a spoon. Or in a jar. Or in my mouth. I like the sound of that last one.
Naughty Girl Butter
(or Chocolate-Fudge Frosting!)
- 4T melted coconut butter or homemade coconut butter
- 2T (or more!) cocoa powder
- scant 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 80g very-ripe banana (1/2 a large banana)
- optional: Feel free to sweeten, if needed
Blend everything (or mash with a fork).
See original coconutty post for: Nutritional Information.
Adding chocolate was a no-brainer, but naming the baby proved trickier. For this, I turned to Twitter. And I discovered y’all are way more creative than I am.
By the way, I changed my twitter name to @ChocCoveredKt.
A peek into my brain: When asked for ideas on a topic, it’s natural to sometimes draw a blank. In the written world, they have a name for this phenomenon: writer’s block. But do you ever experience idea overload? If so, welcome to my world! Sometimes people email me and say, “I’d love to start a blog, but I’m afraid I’d quickly run out of things to post about!” I want to respond, “Please, take some of my thoughts! I have too many!”
For example, Coconut Banana Butter:
Now that I know coconut and banana go well together, it’s opened the door to a million and three new possibilities. Maybe a million and four.
- Coconut Butter blended with raspberries or strawberries
- CBB blended with maple syrup or extract
- Banana Butter made from Gingerbread Butter
- Coconut Banana Butter balls (with crushed oats)
- Raspberries blended with Cacao Bliss or Hot Chocolate Butter
- Coconut Butter mixed with PB2 or peanut butter
- Coconut Banana Butter blended with applesauce
- Coconut Butter (or coconut banana butter) with pumpkin
And that’s just the list of coconut-banana-butter recipes. You don’t want to know about all the other ideas fighting for room in my mind. It’s as if Full House were back on the air. Your Mission: Please help a girl out! Try some of these and let me know what you think. There’s just not enough time in the day to try them all, myself. 😕
Now, if only I had this many ideas for my looming Philosophy essay…
No space for philosophy thoughts!
My mind’s busy with visions of coconut-banana Raw Macaroons.