Single-Serving Peanut Butter Cookies

Helloooo Chocolate Sprinkles!

Many of you had the same query about the Dark Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip.

What am I supposed to dip in it?” Really, you can dip anything: bananas, strawberries, graham crackers, pancakes, your fingers… you can even mix it into oatmeal or ice cream! Or you can get really, really naughty and spread it on cookies…

peanut butter cookie for one! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/07/26/single-serving-peanut-butter-cookies/

Are you a single lady?

If you are, be sure to check out the list of Over 100 Single Serving Healthy Dessert Recipes.

If you are not a single lady, you can easily double or triple the following recipe to make multiple soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. I wouldn’t do that, though. Nope, what I’d advise is to wait until no one else is home and then make this recipe and keep it all to yourself. Muahahahahahahaha!

vegan peanut butter cookies

healthy peanut butter cookies

Ooh look, a bite mark. I wonder how that got there…

Single Lady Peanut Butter Cookie

(Makes 1 or 2 cookies)

• 2 tbsp flour (I used ww pastry)
  • 1.5 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/16 tsp baking soda
  • very scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1.5 tbsp agave or maple syrup (Or use 3/4 tbsp each sugar and brown sugar, or 1.5 tbsp xylitol)
  • 1 tsp applesauce (or more, if using dry sweetener)
  • optional: add some chocolate chips if you wish!

Mix dry ingredients. Add pb and wet ingredients. Mix well and form into one or two cookies. Flatten into cookie shapes and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes. (I used my toaster oven. Readers have reported success in a microwave as well.) Note: if you use liquid sweetener, it’ll be more cake-y. If you use the sugar, it’ll be more chewy.

No oven? Try these: No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookies.

Or, who says you can’t just eat the raw dough of this recipe? The best thing about vegan baking is that you’re able to eat raw cookie dough sans worry!

single serving peanut butter cookie

Do you usually cook just for yourself?

Or do you cook for your kids? Or for a significant other? I actually don’t often cook for one. There is a hungry man in my life, and his name is Mr. Freezer. Because I’m super-busy and also don’t like to spend hours preparing meals, I often cook in bulk, doubling a recipe. Leftovers are fed to the insatiable freezer man. I also like quadrupling pancake recipes and storing leftovers in the freezer. It makes breakfast much faster, and I only have to clean once. Less cleaning is always a good thing! If you’re like me, and don’t want to cook for one, try the following:

—–>Secret Peanut Butter Cookies – a popular recipe for parties and barbecues<—–

Tags: , , , ,

1. Victoria says:

I love the idea of single serving cookies! Usually when I make cookies I end up eating almost the entire batch. This seems like a good solution =P

2. Julene says:

You’re one of the only healthy foodie blogs that not only offers me all the chocolate/peanut butter/delicious recipes I could want, but offers single-serving options. Hooray! Definitely making myself one of these later…

3. I cook for both myself and my hubby…..which sometimes means two different meals because he likes meat and prefers me to add some to his portion of the vegetarian meals that I make for myself!

4. I always cook for myself! My mum’s too busy to cook and my dad and bro don’t know how. When I cook, its ‘for one’ but when I bake, its a different story 😀
    Those peanut butter cookie deserve to be rolled into balls to make Peanut Butter Cookie Balls as well! 😀 Sounds yum 😀

5. Right now I only cook for 1, and that’s enough for me to handle! When I do cook with friends or for others I easily get overwhelmed with timing and quantities. I’m sure its something that gets easier the more you do it though. But leftovers are amazing too! Sometimes I cook a bunch of sweet potatoes and keep them cold in the fridge, I love snacking on cold sweet potatoes!

6. KATIE!!! I LOVE THESE!!! Single Lady Cookies?! I LOVE THIS! Especially that they have Peanut Butter in them! Do you think I could add chocolate chips to them? 🙂

1. Yes, definitely. I even have that listed in the recipe. Everything’s better with chocolate 🙂

7. kate says:

This is EXACTLY what I need right now <3

8. Katie, you are a genius. I can’t wait to make these with some PB2!!

1. I was wondering if it would work just as well with PB2… Let me know how it turns out! I get nervous baking with the stuff….

1. I have baked with it quite a few times and am always happy with the results. I’ll give these cookies a shot tomorrow and let you know how they come out 🙂

9. Guess what i’m having for dessert tonight! I may add come chocolate chips though. 😉

10. Jenny says:

We’ve done cookies with cookie dough dip… so I imagine that some of your fudge daddy brownies would also pair nicely with brownie dip, no? 😉 I agree with Julene: love how you’re one of the few bloggers that provides recipes for single servings!

I usually cook for myself, but I, too, will either keep a recipe for four the way it is and store leftovers. It’s great to have healthy dinners already prepared after a long day’s work, when – sadly – the last thing one wants to do is cook!

1. Mmm yes, I don’t think you can go wrong with brownie-topped brownies!

11. Leashieloo says:

Yay! I’m OBSESSED with your single lady recipes, more please!

12. Barb says:

my boyfriend will get angry if i make single serving cookies – especially these peanut butter ones! I will definately have to quadruple the recipe in order to have a single serving for myself.

i also like to bake/cook in bulk and freeze. i actually just made about 30 blueberry pancakes last night and froze them for quick and easy breakfasts. (with freshly picked blueberries!! 🙂 )

1. Hahaha it sounds like we’d be very good friends in real life! Or maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part, because I’d love for someone to make me 30 pancakes for my freezer ;).

13. Mmmm PEANUT BUTTER! I was just thinking the other day about how us vegans have it pretty good because we can lick the bowl worry-free.

I pretty much always cook for myself, but I ALWAYS have planned leftovers! It makes life soooo much easier.

1. Hellooooo pretty lady! To answer your tweet, I do not see why this recipe wouldn’t work with a different nut butter! 🙂

1. Oh um lol ignore me. That wasn’t you! I get so confused with keeping tweets/comments/emails/and facebook comments straight ;).

14. That looks AMAZING! I am so excited to try all of your recipes! It looks like I don’t have many of the ingredients though. Is there a basic ingredient list you would recommend to get me started?

Thanks!!

Julia

1. Hmmm… I try to use very basic ingredients (i.e. not so many hard-to-find flours or obscure ingredients). For baking you definitely should have the following on hand:
      1. baking soda
      2. baking powder
      3. salt
      4. nondairy milk
      5. cocoa powder
      6. oats
      And a lot (but not all) of my recipes also call for: chocolate, ww pastry flour or spelt flour, bananas, nut butter, unrefined coconut oil, Artisana coconut butter, and the fudge babies call for dates.

15. Jennifer says:

These cookies look so very good! I am often cooking for myself because I live alone, which I why I love all of your single serving recipes!

1. Jennifer says:

Oh, and as far as what to dip into the brownie batter dip….I can attest to the fact that a spoon works really, really well for the blondie batter. Not that I have ever eaten it with a spoon out of the blender. 🙂

1. I usually don’t even bother with a spoon when I’m making things in a blender. That’s what a tongue is for ;).

16. Katie, you’re a genius! My only complaint about Peanut Butter Cookies is that I can’t stop after one serving – problem solved! Thank you 🙂

17. This looks fabulous! Peanut Butter Cookies are one of my all-time favorites! 🙂

18. Yum! I love all your single lady recipes. You should combine them all into a single lady cookbook! I’m so not kidding. You should do that. I know a great publisher… 🙂

As for cooking solo, I only cook for me! I live my with boyfriend of 7 years, but he’s not vegan. And we have different work schedules. So we fend for ourselves….plus, I kind of hate sharing.

1. I’m working on a cookbook (that I haven’t really talked about yet b/c I don’t want 2 jinx it!)… but maybe a follow-up cookbook should be the single-lady one. LOL I have to get moving and finish the first one first!
      P.S. Still anxiously awaiting YOUR book! 😉

1. P.S. I hate sharing too! Sharing is NOT caring when there’s chocolate involved!

19. Oh yum. I’ll be trying these. My boyfriend is allergic to peanuts, so a single serving recipe is perfect for me!!

20. Meg says:

Oh Katie, I cannot catch up with all of your posts all at once since I’ve been on vaca because I may drown in my drool!

These look amazing and maple syrup would be the perfect sweetner for ’em too – maple + peanut butter = a match made in heaven (or CCK Kitch!)

1. Oh goodness yes! I love maple-pb sandwiches. Much yummier than pbj… especially on an english muffin!