Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

Creamy, dreamy, and secretly healthy chocolate fudgsicles!

5 ingredients - This is apparently one of the "top ten" most repinned recipes on all of Pinterest, with over 165,000 repins... Recipe from @choccoveredkt...

By the way, I now have a new tab: 500+ Healthy Chocolate Recipes.

Enjoy! 😉

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

A cool summer breeze.

Untied shoelaces.

And chocolate dripping down my face.

My favorite thing about being a kid on summer vacation was the freedom. You could sleep til noon. Play hide and seek with your neighborhood friends. Splash around in the community pool. No one would make you get out to do your homework. When it got really hot, you’d cool off with a chilly chocolate fudgsicle. To me, fudgsicles are the epitome of summer. Fudgsicles, fresh watermelon, barbecues, and flip flops.

But mostly, fudgsicles.

Even as a little girl, I was all about the chocolate.

vegan fudge pops

A few days ago, I broke out the popsicle-makers for the first time this summer, christening them with a healthier version of my beloved childhood chocolate fudgsicles. Unlike traditional fudgsicles, this version has no high fructose corn syrup or processed ingredients you can’t pronounce.

These healthy chocolate fudgsicles are completely free of added sugar. But just like the packaged pops, they are creamy and chocolatey and delicious.

Emphasis on delicious.

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

(makes 5-6 pops)

• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
  • 2 small, very ripe bananas (200g)
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (stevia, pure maple syrup, etc.)
  • optional, feel free to add peanut butter!

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles Recipe: Combine all items in a blender (I used a Magic Bullet). Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Easy, right? As I said, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze! A good way to remove pops is to run the popsicle mold under room-temp water for about 15 seconds, then gently twist. And the proper way to eat the pops is with chocolate dripping down your face.

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

chocolate covered email button

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. ooooo, a chocolate tab! This is a great thing! ….Congrats on your growing site, you deserve it Katie 🙂
    Adding the PB to these is a 5star idea!!! ….My favorite part of summer as a kid was spending the whole day with my sister just being kids. It was heaven. I miss those days!

2. Tricia says:

When I was in fifth grade i went to horse camp where i learned to horse back ride, but nowadays during the summer I’m swamped with summer homework and chores 🙁
    I still go to the pool, though 😀
    Those look awesome, by the way. I’ll definately want to make some once we get our banana supply replenished.

3. I’m no good at technical stuff, sorry! I never went to camps as a kid, but my favorite summer things are outdoor festivals and farmers markets.

4. My sister would love this recipe!! My mom always made us go to summer camps and swim lessons ever summer!

5. YAAAY for such amazing blog traffic!! You are SUCH a genius and awesome person that soon you’ll have all +6billion people on the planet reading and LOVING CCK!! 😀

And I am going on Amazon right now and ordering a popsicle mold. Not even kidding.

6. Coconut milk makes everything so delicious 🙂 These DO look super creamy and not icy, which is exactly how a fudgesicle should be!

7. Lissy says:

where do you host your site now?

1. I’m with Bluehost… but someone told me yesterday that with my traffic, I need VPS. I’m embarrassed to admit I’d never even heard of VPS until yesterday! I am so out of my league here! 😕 A friend tried installing a caching plug (which, lol, I thought was a “catching” plug), but apparently I already had wp supercache installed and yet my site is loading sooooo slowly for me if it loads at all.

8. I love all of the seasonal produce in the summer. All of the berries and the melon…yum!

9. Any way I can sub coconut milk? Do you think soy milk with thickener/yogurt will work? Sorry, I don’t quite like the taste of coconut! And I MUST try this recipe! Its summer here all year round! 🙁

1. Oh and I’m soo going to get my 2 dollar Popsicle moulds from Daiso ASAP just to make these! 😀

1. You can try. I can’t personally vouch for anything but coconut milk, because I haven’t tried anything besides coconut milk. I think it would be less creamy. But let me know how it goes!

2. Alex says:

Hey there! I hope it’s ok I reply…I’m not a big fan of cocomut milk myself and tried with soy milk, it works! 🙂 I loved them!!

3. Kat says:

I would suggest almond milk – it would still be reasonably creamy :).

10. Gen says:

I’ve pretty much ALWAYS loved fudgsicles! 😀

PS Congrats on the number of site views! That’s awesome!

1. LOL it’s not so awesome when my site keeps crashing! Then NO one can visit… so frustrating 😕

11. Courtney says:

Hehe I remember fudgiscles. I used to get them all the time in elementary school. Of course back then I didn’t even know was HFCS even was, nor did I really care. What a nice blast from the past 🙂 They look almost exactly the same as the ones I used to eat way back when, so I’ll have to give them a try for some nice nostalgia.

12. Lyza says:

Hmmm, your server has never crashed for me. I am a lucky girl!!! 🙂

Yummyyy fudgsicles!

I was in swim club 🙂 And when I wasn’t doing that, I was running around barefoot back and forth between my and my best friend’s house (she lived 1 house away from mine), running/biking around my neighborhood, climbing trees…I had a special childhood! It seems now so few kids play outside, where I remember barely ever being inside!

13. Mellie says:

I don’t really like fudgesicles but the homemade version looks better. My favorite parts of summer are the beach, the freedom, the warm weather, the clothes and flipflops, the food, and the fireflies. But everything will be over in just 24 hours for me. >:(

14. Go with a hosted VPS (virtual private server). That way you aren’t sharing resources. Better performance and stability (less crashing!).

1. CCK says:

I’ve heard it’s way expensive… and also, you have to monitor it all the time??? I seriously don’t think I know enough about computers for it. But I might have no choice :-?.

1. I don’t think the cost is too bad, I know it’s definitely cheaper than going with a dedicated server. You can get managed VPS hosting, so you don’t have to do the server maintenance (updates, installs, backup, etc.).

1. Thanks, girl! I will definitely be looking into it!

15. Liz says:

You have the best recipes, and the BEST photos! Please please write a cookbook!

1. Liz says:

Also LOL I don’t think my blog gets that much traffic in a year!

16. Lisa says:

ive never been a fan of fudgecicles when I was little, probably becuase my mom always bought the sugar free ones, but these look sooo good! they look creamy and rich, and hey, frozen banana never lets me down- absolutely delicious!!
    cck=chocolate genius 😉

1. Lisa says:

and congrats on the traffic- thats so awesome! im jealous!!! 🙂

1. CCK says:

Don’t be jealous… lol it’s making my site crash! 😕

17. Tara Deal says:

What a yummy looking healthy treat! They look like frosties from Wendy’s on a stick…I am for sure trying them!

18. Sarahishealthy says:

Yum! Yet another CCK recipe I MUST try! 🙂

19. mercedes. says:

aw, this posts brings back memories of eating fudgesicles from the schwann man at my grandparents’ house.

i have a lot of experience with web design and site maintenance, so feel free to e-mail me if you ever need help! i feel like it’s the least i can do after all i’ve gotten out of your site. 🙂

1. Wow, thank you so much! I would love to know your opinion on shared sites versus VPS. Do you think I should move to VPS? (I really need to figure out what that even stands for first, huh? It took me until last week to realize what RSS stands for! Sad, right?)

1. mercedes. says:

it seems like shared hosting isn’t going to be enough for what you need, so i’d go with the virtual private server. that way you can find a plan with enough bandwidth that you won’t have to share with others, and your site shouldn’t crash.
        however, a downside is that VPSs usually don’t offer a ton of CPU, which means that if you have a lot of scripts and whatnot running on your site, it won’t run as quickly. but i think since you’re not maintaining something like a huge forum with thousands of members, it shouldn’t be a problem.

i would also say be careful trying to find something cheap, because you really do get what you pay for when it comes to servers. hopefully that helped? good luck!

1. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your thoughts! And lol, now I know what VPS stands for too! 😉
          I definitely agree with you about quality over quantity… I need to remind myself of that sometimes when I’m being cheap!
          Ooh one more thing if you have time (If not, please please don’t worry about it!). Any idea why my subscription button at the top right has the twitter image, but everything else just says “tinypic”? In thesis open hook, the html looks the same for all four buttons.
          I promise I will stop bugging you after this! 🙂

1. mercedes. says:

not a problem! my guess is that the images just aren’t uploaded in the right place. it’s hard to be sure because the subscription widget is a script that i can’t see without the actual file, but i think it’s looking for these images:

so check if the images are there in that folder, and hopefully that will solve the problem. if not, i’d just use plain old HTML and link to your facebook, etc. (which i can also help with, if you need.)

2. It’s so weird… the twitter one works and the others don’t. (You’ll notice, I tried to plug your code into the facebook icon, but I probably did it incorrectly. I told you I don’t understand computers! 😕 At least it got rid of the annoying-looking tinypic!) This is what I have:

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_twitter a { background:url( center top no-repeat; }

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_facebook a { background: url(http://lib/images/icon-rss.gif) center top no-repeat; }

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_rss a { background:url( center top no-repeat; }

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_email a { background:url ( center top no-repeat; }

20. Amber K says:

Looks delicious! I never really liked summer as a kid (insane I know!) But summers always meant working outside. None of my friends lived anywhere near me, and my parents rarely wanted to play chauffeur so I had to wait until school came back to see everyone again. So I never enjoyed it that much.