Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles.

We left off with a breakfast recipe: Brownie Batter Pancakes. And now it’s on to dessert. You know, in case you’re still hungry after those insanely-chocolatey pancakes.

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

A cool summer breeze.

Untied shoelaces.

And chocolate dripping down my face.

My favorite thing about being a kid on summer vacation was the freedom. You could sleep til noon. Play hide and seek with your neighborhood friends. Splash around in the community pool. No one would make you get out to do your homework. When it got really hot, you’d cool off with a chilly chocolate fudgsicle. To me, fudgsicles are the epitome of summer. Fudgsicles, fresh watermelon, barbecues, and flip flops. But mostly, fudgsicles.

Even as a little girl, I was all about the chocolate.

vegan fudge pops

By the way, I now have a new tab: 500+ Healthy Chocolate Recipes.

Enjoy! 😉

A few days ago, I broke out the popsicle-makers for the first time this summer, christening them with a healthier version of my beloved childhood chocolate fudgsicles. Unlike traditional fudgsicles, this version has no high fructose corn syrup or processed ingredients you can’t pronounce. These healthy chocolate fudgsicles are completely free of added sugar. But just like the packaged pops, they are creamy and chocolatey and delicious. Emphasis on delicious.

One of the most re-pinned recipes on Pinterest - the recipe has been repinned over 155,000 times! NO sugar, NO dairy, NO corn syrup, just 5 ingredients. Recipe here:

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

(makes 5-6 pops)

• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (see below link, for lower-cal ideas)
  • 2 small, very-ripe bananas (200g)
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (stevia, agave, etc.)
  • optional: feel free to add peanut butter!

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles Recipe: Combine all items in a blender (I used a Magic Bullet). Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Easy, right? As I said, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze! A good way to remove pops is to run the popsicle mold under room-temp water for about 15 seconds, then gently twist. And the proper way to eat the pops is with chocolate dripping down your face.

View Chocolate Fudgsicles Nutrition Facts

chocolate covered katie facebook

And thanks to everyone who liked the new Chocolate-Covered Katie Facebook Page!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. ooooo, a chocolate tab! This is a great thing! ….Congrats on your growing site, you deserve it Katie :)
    Adding the PB to these is a 5star idea!!! ….My favorite part of summer as a kid was spending the whole day with my sister just being kids. It was heaven. I miss those days!

2. Tricia says:

When I was in fifth grade i went to horse camp where i learned to horse back ride, but nowadays during the summer I’m swamped with summer homework and chores :(
    I still go to the pool, though 😀
    Those look awesome, by the way. I’ll definately want to make some once we get our banana supply replenished.

3. I’m no good at technical stuff, sorry! I never went to camps as a kid, but my favorite summer things are outdoor festivals and farmers markets.

4. My sister would love this recipe!! My mom always made us go to summer camps and swim lessons ever summer!

5. YAAAY for such amazing blog traffic!! You are SUCH a genius and awesome person that soon you’ll have all +6billion people on the planet reading and LOVING CCK!! 😀

And I am going on Amazon right now and ordering a popsicle mold. Not even kidding.

6. Coconut milk makes everything so delicious :) These DO look super creamy and not icy, which is exactly how a fudgesicle should be!

7. Summers were spent at my grandparents’ catching fireflys, bbqs every sunday and lots of time in the pool. My grandma would also walk each of us down the street to the mini-mart with $1 in hand. My dollar was always spent on ice cream 😀 Congrats on all of the traffic Katie! Oh and good luck with the new server.

8. Lissy says:

where do you host your site now?

1. I’m with Bluehost… but someone told me yesterday that with my traffic, I need VPS. I’m embarrassed to admit I’d never even heard of VPS until yesterday! I am so out of my league here! 😕 A friend tried installing a caching plug (which, lol, I thought was a “catching” plug), but apparently I already had wp supercache installed and yet my site is loading sooooo slowly for me if it loads at all.

9. Jen says:

My cousin and I loved going to beach camp in the summertime! Mostly because we were in love with the hot counselors, but that’s beside the point. Hehe. Other than that, a lot of my summers consisted of me basking in the wonderfulness of no school! We took a lot of family trips, and just enjoyed the sun and the leisureliness of the season! We also ate a lot of ice cream and popsicles, and surely would have been all over your fudgsicles (come on spell check, fudgsicle is totally a word!)

10. Alexandra says:

hi katie! your fudgesicles look good. OH! i just wanted to tell you — yesterday i made chocolate chip banana bread and then ate a big piece with breakfast today. chocolate with breakfast made me think of you, so i thought i’d drop in and let you know :) have a chocolate-covered day!

xx alexandra

1. Mmm sounds really good! I don’t have a single banana bread recipe on my site (aside from a cupcake one). I think I need to change this!

11. These look wonderful! I love making homemade popsicles!! A fave of mine is coconut milk, banana, and orange juice!! Delish! And very refreshing!

12. I love all of the seasonal produce in the summer. All of the berries and the melon…yum!

13. Any way I can sub coconut milk? Do you think soy milk with thickener/yogurt will work? Sorry, I don’t quite like the taste of coconut! And I MUST try this recipe! Its summer here all year round! :-(

1. Oh and I’m soo going to get my 2 dollar Popsicle moulds from Daiso ASAP just to make these! 😀

1. You can try. I can’t personally vouch for anything but coconut milk, because I haven’t tried anything besides coconut milk. I think it would be less creamy. But let me know how it goes!

2. Alex says:

Hey there! I hope it’s ok I reply…I’m not a big fan of cocomut milk myself and tried with soy milk, it works! :) I loved them!!

3. Kat says:

I would suggest almond milk – it would still be reasonably creamy :).

14. Gen says:

I’ve pretty much ALWAYS loved fudgsicles! 😀

PS Congrats on the number of site views! That’s awesome!

1. LOL it’s not so awesome when my site keeps crashing! Then NO one can visit… so frustrating 😕

15. Courtney says:

Hehe I remember fudgiscles. I used to get them all the time in elementary school. Of course back then I didn’t even know was HFCS even was, nor did I really care. What a nice blast from the past :) They look almost exactly the same as the ones I used to eat way back when, so I’ll have to give them a try for some nice nostalgia.

16. Lyza says:

Hmmm, your server has never crashed for me. I am a lucky girl!!! :)

Yummyyy fudgsicles!

I was in swim club :) And when I wasn’t doing that, I was running around barefoot back and forth between my and my best friend’s house (she lived 1 house away from mine), running/biking around my neighborhood, climbing trees…I had a special childhood! It seems now so few kids play outside, where I remember barely ever being inside!

17. Mellie says:

I don’t really like fudgesicles but the homemade version looks better. My favorite parts of summer are the beach, the freedom, the warm weather, the clothes and flipflops, the food, and the fireflies. But everything will be over in just 24 hours for me. >:(

18. Go with a hosted VPS (virtual private server). That way you aren’t sharing resources. Better performance and stability (less crashing!).

1. CCK says:

I’ve heard it’s way expensive… and also, you have to monitor it all the time??? I seriously don’t think I know enough about computers for it. But I might have no choice :-?.

1. I don’t think the cost is too bad, I know it’s definitely cheaper than going with a dedicated server. You can get managed VPS hosting, so you don’t have to do the server maintenance (updates, installs, backup, etc.).

1. Thanks, girl! I will definitely be looking into it!

19. Liz says:

You have the best recipes, and the BEST photos! Please please write a cookbook!

1. Liz says:

Also LOL I don’t think my blog gets that much traffic in a year!

20. Lisa says:

ive never been a fan of fudgecicles when I was little, probably becuase my mom always bought the sugar free ones, but these look sooo good! they look creamy and rich, and hey, frozen banana never lets me down- absolutely delicious!!
    cck=chocolate genius 😉

1. Lisa says:

and congrats on the traffic- thats so awesome! im jealous!!! :)

1. CCK says:

Don’t be jealous… lol it’s making my site crash! 😕

21. Tara Deal says:

What a yummy looking healthy treat! They look like frosties from Wendy’s on a stick…I am for sure trying them!

22. Sarahishealthy says:

Yum! Yet another CCK recipe I MUST try! :)

23. mercedes. says:

aw, this posts brings back memories of eating fudgesicles from the schwann man at my grandparents’ house.

i have a lot of experience with web design and site maintenance, so feel free to e-mail me if you ever need help! i feel like it’s the least i can do after all i’ve gotten out of your site. :)

1. Wow, thank you so much! I would love to know your opinion on shared sites versus VPS. Do you think I should move to VPS? (I really need to figure out what that even stands for first, huh? It took me until last week to realize what RSS stands for! Sad, right?)

1. mercedes. says:

it seems like shared hosting isn’t going to be enough for what you need, so i’d go with the virtual private server. that way you can find a plan with enough bandwidth that you won’t have to share with others, and your site shouldn’t crash.
        however, a downside is that VPSs usually don’t offer a ton of CPU, which means that if you have a lot of scripts and whatnot running on your site, it won’t run as quickly. but i think since you’re not maintaining something like a huge forum with thousands of members, it shouldn’t be a problem.

i would also say be careful trying to find something cheap, because you really do get what you pay for when it comes to servers. hopefully that helped? good luck!

1. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your thoughts! And lol, now I know what VPS stands for too! 😉
          I definitely agree with you about quality over quantity… I need to remind myself of that sometimes when I’m being cheap!
          Ooh one more thing if you have time (If not, please please don’t worry about it!). Any idea why my subscription button at the top right has the twitter image, but everything else just says “tinypic”? In thesis open hook, the html looks the same for all four buttons.
          I promise I will stop bugging you after this! :)

1. mercedes. says:

not a problem! my guess is that the images just aren’t uploaded in the right place. it’s hard to be sure because the subscription widget is a script that i can’t see without the actual file, but i think it’s looking for these images:

so check if the images are there in that folder, and hopefully that will solve the problem. if not, i’d just use plain old HTML and link to your facebook, etc. (which i can also help with, if you need.)

2. It’s so weird… the twitter one works and the others don’t. (You’ll notice, I tried to plug your code into the facebook icon, but I probably did it incorrectly. I told you I don’t understand computers! 😕 At least it got rid of the annoying-looking tinypic!) This is what I have:

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_twitter a { background:url( center top no-repeat; }

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_facebook a { background: url(http://lib/images/icon-rss.gif) center top no-repeat; }

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_rss a { background:url( center top no-repeat; }

.subscribe_icons .subscribe_email a { background:url ( center top no-repeat; }

24. Amber K says:

Looks delicious! I never really liked summer as a kid (insane I know!) But summers always meant working outside. None of my friends lived anywhere near me, and my parents rarely wanted to play chauffeur so I had to wait until school came back to see everyone again. So I never enjoyed it that much.

25. Yummy! I love the combo of chocolate, coconut and banana :)

I spent my summers at the stables – I was pony-crazy! Also reading, bike-rides and swimming.

26. Eating frozen yogurt for breakfast, lunch and dinner without feeling bad about it is my fave thing about summer!

27. These look AMAZING. I remember my friend’s mom used to give them to us when we were little because they were healthier than Drumsticks or ice cream sandwiches. It’s been ages since I had one!!

28. Aja says:

Goodness! A chocolate tab? Yay!

Those look so good.

29. Cari says:

yum! do you think this recipe would work with almond milk? and maybe a little almond extract? :)

1. It wouldn’t be as creamy with almond milk… but it might still taste good. If you try it, will you let me know how it tastes? :)

1. Cari says:

you bet! just gotta find those popsicle molds… haha

30. My favorite thing about summer are the warm, long evenings. I love to see people out and about instead of hiding in their homes like they do in winter!

31. Lilly says:

They look awesome! So creamy :). I went to summer camps too, but they were ballet intensives, so def not outdoorsy type stuff haha more like dancing all day inside the studio for 6-8 weeks away from home but I loved every second of it. This summer was summer classes, ugh college! Ohhh and I lOve the chocolate tab, yay!

32. Anonymous says:

They just look ‘mmmmmmmmm’!
    Congrats on so much traffic by the way, you deserve it big time 😀

I love(d) summer because I didn’t have to go to school, just play all day and do anything you want. Lovely.

33. I can’t believe how creamy these look! I need to get some popsicle-makers ASAP.

34. Fudgesicles were always my favorite frozen treats, so I can’t wait to make these!!!! 😀 I may even make them today if I have coconut milk!

My favorite summer activity is riding my horsey 😀 I also love summer traveling and all the BBQs. And I love camping, but we usually do that in the fall :)

Oh and I have pictures of you pancakes on my blog if you want to see! They aren’t covered in chocolate syrup, but they are covered in peanut butter and coconut butter 😛

And I’m totally not surprised you have so much blog traffic. I guess it just proves how amazing your blog is :)

<3 <3

35. Ellen says:

Oh wow, I have a fudgesicle addiction, these could be good for me:) what I love about summer is that somehow it feels like you are on vacation, even if you have a lot of work. Maybe it’s that it stays light so late that I stay up later which feels like the weekend…until my alarm goes off in the morning:)

36. Lori says:

I have got to make these, my kids will love them! Ok, forget my kids, I will love them! 😉
    Did you use canned coconut milk or refrigerated?

37. We used to go to Summer Rec! They gave us all freeze pops after a huge tug of war game. But I was always a fudgesicle girl!!

38. Julene says:

Depending what kind of money you’re looking to spend, I think the smallest plan available via – plus they offer 24/7 phone & online support. For your money I think it’s probably your best investment. I’ve used them for a blog of mine for the last 2 years and remain very, very impressed with them.

1. Thanks! I will definitely look into them!

39. OMG katie i need to make these asap!
    ive been craving a good healthy fudgsicle lately!! :)

40. The meltiness of those fudgsicles looks….PERFECT!! Katie, you captured fudgsicles at their finest; not easy to work with steam or ice on camera, but you succeeded.

The recipe looks stellar and easy! love it!!

And congrats on having a huge last couple of months. Switching servers, ahhh, but these are good problems to have, right? :) I know we’re both with Bluehost right now. If/when you make a move, I’d love to know what you end up doing. Email me, have a couple things to mention to you :)

1. Hahaha yeah those little devils kept melting on me! Not as bad as a certain recipe I’m posting next week, though… it literally was a pool of liquid before I even took one shot. Now I am starting to understand why they use plastic food when they bring out the dessert trays at restaurants!

P.S. sorry I havent emailed back yet. I have been MAJOR swamped… but I will get to it, I promise!

41. Ahhh this is so perfect a since I JUST got a popsicle maker, and it can make them in 6 minutes!!! That means the hardest part (aka waiting) isn’t even a problem!

42. Jolene says:

When using coconut milk, is it canned or carton?

1. Karen says:

Can you use boxed coconut milk?

43. Ragnhild says:

I am always hungry for more chocolate! These looks insanly good!! I have actually never had fudge sicles :O Shame on me, I NEED to do something about that!

44. I love that these are creamy and chocolately without using actual cream! Yum!

45. Lorin says:

Oh those look delish! Btw I made your brownie batter pancakes and they were really good! I couldn’t help myself and on one of them I put a few little dots of chocolate syrup, definitely wasn’t overkill :) But seriously, I’m happy for you with all the traffic you’ve been getting. A few weeks ago I was with my friend who used to be in Honors Genetics with me in high school (1 1/2 year ago) and she still asked if I’m following “chocolate covered girl”. I used to read your blog at the end of senior year on the computers when all the seniors were working on our “projects”. Haha and I still do and you are on of my favorites! Everyone that I’ve shared food with that I’ve made from your blog loves it, especially the cookie pie! Oh I was also just wondering if you have an idea to when the chia seeds from the contest will arrive? It’s no worries if it’s a couple weeks, I just want to have an idea :)

1. Hey Lorin! Hmmm… Elana actually just emailed and asked if everyone got them ok. I told her I’d let her know if someone hadn’t. So I’m sending her your info right now. (I copied you on the email.)

And your story made me smile so much!!!

46. I’ve made something very similar to this before. I just put it in a tupperware container, waited for it to defrost a little, and spoon fed it to myself. Deeelish! (oh, and I totally added peanutbutter)

47. Sarahishealthy says:

Just took one out of the freezer.

Sorry but this doesn’t taste like a fudgsicle… it’s ONE HUNDRED times BETTER!!!!!!
    So creamy and delicious. I can’t believe there’s no sugar in here! You’ve done it again, miss genius CCK! :)

1. LOL you scared me for a second!

48. Brilliant pictures; they look so creamy! I love that there’s a special tab for chocolate too :-)
    My favourite thing about summer is heat, light evenings, fresh fruit and veg… actually, everything about it!

49. YUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!!! Makes me want to lick it up-now!

Summer as a kid….tennis camp and swimming after…..summer now…..pretty much the same routine-with a whole lot more work thrown in!

50. Katie- I’m so excited for you and your blog success. 😉 And… I know this doesn’t answer your question, but I just made your cookie batter dip and it was AMAZING! I can’t wait to post about it! You rock! Summer……. who the heck knows what I did. I think I spent a lot of time at the mall looking for boys. ha ha ha! Now I LOVE spending time with MY BOYS (1 1/2 year old twins). Keep up the good work!

1. Awwww yay!!! That makes me so happy and I’m so excited to see your post!

51. Lisa C says:

Oh my goodness, yum! These look good enough to eat off the screen. I would love a real cookbook from you, where I can flip through the photos… and maybe rip them out and put them up on my wall as art ;).

Would that be terrible of me, ripping the book up like that? Maybe I’d have to buy two ;).

52. Rebecca says:

Although I am mostly a “lurker” on this site (looove it!) I must come out of hiding—I saw this on the Today Show (I think!) and it takes care of the whole waiting for popsicles to freeze problem!

Sort of like an ice cream maker for popsicles..genius! (And since you are often into cheeky food stuffs…they also have this which I just saw:

1. I’ve seen those Zoku pops! And lol about the character kit. I also love their book. It has beautiful photos and super-fun flavor ideas!

1. Rebecca says:

I work in publishing so perhaps I can get one to review…wouldn’t that be awesome! (although I am *terrible* about planning ahead..soaking nuts/beans? forget it! However, I have managed to keep an ice cream maker canister in my freezer at all times…unfortunately ice cream makers never seem to work too well for me. I think I make quantities that are too small for the machines I try. Lesson learned: Make more ice cream!)

53. Leslie says:

Gorgeous pictures, my friend. I think I like the last one best. And the recipe sounds absolutely perfect for the kind of weather we’re having over here. I think I might need to make these tomorrow, as soon as I replenish my stock of bananas!

54. kathryn says:

OH MY GOSH. I need to make these. I must improvise a popsicle mold immediately.

55. Kate says:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am eating one as I type this. I think I just found my new favorite snack. Can’t get over the awesome nutritional stats either! :)

56. ahhhh I MISS FUDGESICLES!!! Youdabestttt you need to send me some on ice. 😉

1. Haha it’s so hot here in TX they’d probably melt even before I packed them up! Either that or I’d eat them all ;).

57. Tara says:

Oh my gosh, i LOVE fudgesicles. My best friend and I used to eat them everyday with my best friend. They came as two pops connected to be one, so we would perform “surgery” and cut it down the middle. Chocolate is best when shared amongst friends :) definitely one of my favorite summer memories!

1. No no, dear girl… chocolate is best when kept all to oneself 😉 ;).

58. Rebecca says:

These sound good. I’m curious to see what they’d be like with almond or rice milk. Ooo and what if you mixed nuts in. I might be doing some experimenting over the weekend.

Summers as a kid meant vacations, swimming, tennis, friends and lots of freetime :) I miss being a kid.

59. C. Money says:

Hey CCK! LOVELOVELOVE your blog. Question – where did you get your popsicle molds?

1. LOL I think the ones I used in the photos are from China! They actually have bunny ears on the bottoms (but I inserted popsicle sticks instead, for appearance sake, for the photos). Bed, Bath, Beyond has pop molds, though… and they always have coupons to print online as well ;).

60. Albizia says:

Now I know what my version was missing! Banana! I must try again. And I suppose it will be hot at least till October so I can eat a lot of these 😉 .

My favorite thing to do during the summer has always been swimming. The beach was like 20 minutes away from home (on foot!) and I used to go there everyday. Now the sea is away, it is too hot to do anything and I don’t even have a summer vacation. Blah!

1. I still eat frozen food when it’s 0 degrees outside… in front of the fireplace ;). They’re too good to give up!

61. sara says:

I’m writing from Portugal and I am one of the persons that recently discovered your blog and are crashing your server!! would you please confirm me if T is tablespoon?
    thanks and congratulation for the nice blog!!

1. Hahahaha thank you so much! I am so glad you found me :).

Yes, sorry to be confusing! A T stands for tablespoon.

62. Katie! That’s amazing about your site & traffic. It doesn’t surprise me at all!!

Good luck making the switch over for your servers.

63. Leashieloo says:

And this is why your site is crashing, you manage to continuously outdo yourself!

64. LizAshlee says:

Sunglasses, flip flops, tank tops, running outside! :)

65. Katie
    I have been an avid reader fo your blog. and though I dont comment all the time (I find that your website does crash a bit)
    I LOVE your recipes

keep on doing what youre doing and I am sorry I am sooooo computer illiterate

1. Awww thank you!!!
      And I am right there with you in being computer illiterate. I am trying to learn, but there’s so much to learn!

66. Sarah says:

Oh wow, they look so good! Thanks for creating yet another amazing recipe. I could stare at your blog all day. Maybe that is why the server crashes? 😉

67. krystle says:

i made these about an hour ago, and I am so sad that i have to wait until tomorrow to taste them!

1. We need an insta-freezer… like a microwave. It’d be the coolest thing ever!

68. Anna says:

Yummy! Fudgesicles and dreamsicles were my favorites growing up (and still are). Having a campfire and roasting marshmallows always makes me feel like my summer was complete :)

69. Marianne says:

I spent most of my summers at the ice rink skating. I know, crazy eh? But skating doesn’t really have an off season. Plus it was nice to be in the cold rink when it was hot out. Mom would drop me and my sister off, we’d skate, have lunch, head over to the library next door and read until she picked us up. We would also go camping every year, and my birthday is in the summer, so I’d get to celebrate that!

1. Crazy? Haha it’s probably just as hot here in the winters when we ice skate… or certainly in September when they’re playing hockey and it’s still 90 degrees outside!

70. Brenda says:

i know about changing servers and this kind of stuff so feel free to ask me 😀 but basically a server is the “home” of your website content. the name of your website is an easy to remember the ip for your server. it is much easier to say hey visit my website at than hey visit my website at

if you are on a shared server the resources are shared by all of the users so if you go over the set limits they have set to ensure all the websites run properly you will get a 500 error. if you change servers the best way to minimize downtime is to open an account, transfer the content, and then change the nameservers so that you can view the content during the propagation (sometimes it will go to one server and other times to another) period (usually 3 days or less.)

if you have a lot of traffic (which i can see why since your blog is awesome) i would probably recommend a vps. a vps has several users BUT it has a container. what that means is that only you use the resources allotted to you and have more control over your resources and what not.

1. Haha my blog is… Yeah, I can see how that could be a problem! :)

I will definitely look into vps. I appreciate the advice of internet-savvy people like you SO much. It’s really reassuring to not have to make these decisions alone, based on the little knowledge I have.

71. Frances says:

Wow! These are great! I made 4 and used rice milk so they were almost calorie-free but they still tasted fabulous!
    Thanks for another great recipe Katie 😉

1. I am so so excited that you made them!!

72. Anna Grace says:

I made these with almond milk…SO SO SO good! I love them just as much as store bought fudgsicles and they have no added sugar, which is really important to me. Ahhh, I love them!

1. Aw yay! Thank you so much for trying them!

73. Crystal says:

These were the best things EVER! Thank you, Katie. You’ve saved me from gaining 100 pounds during this pregnancy!

74. Ashley C says:

These look sooo good!! especially since down south were having the hottest summer on record :( Congrats on all the site traffic, i guess thats why my computer hasnt shown me any of your post for the last week!!! Ive got some catching up to do :)

1. Ugh yes I’ve been having so many computer issues this week especially! I’m trying to get it all fixed… but it’d be easier if I understood computers lol!

75. Erica says:

This looks delicious! I love your blog and you are gorgeous! keep up the awesome work!

76. EP says:

Hi! I was just wondering if light coconut milk would also work? It was all I found in the Trader Joes. Thanks! These look delish, and my son immediately wanted me to make them!

1. Hi EP,

They will be less creamy with lite coconut milk; less rich. But it will still work.

1. EP says:

You’re right. They were less rich than I expected, but my kids still scarfed them down. :) Will try with regular coconut milk next time.

77. jillrobin says:

Just saw these posted on Pinterest! Are they very banana-y tasting? I just know when I make smoothies, the banana can make all the other fruits’ flavors disappear!

1. I am probably a bad person to ask… I don’t think they taste like banana, but I love banana so I might just not notice any weird flavor because of that. But if you don’t want the banana flavor at all, you can always try omitting and using a different sweetener like agave. I’d be curious to know how they’d taste that way! :)

78. Jules says:

This sounds so good except for I hate bananas!!!!! Could I add more coconut milk or something?? What do you think??

1. I definitely think you can omit the banana! You’ll have to use another sweetener, though, since the banana provides the sweetness in this. I’d probably try agave in this recipe if omitting the banana. Whatever you do, I’d love to know how it turns out! :)

79. jen says:

is there anything I could use to substitute for the banana? I know it’s weird but I am VERY allergic to bananas

1. Maybe omit and just use more of the milk… and then add sweetener?

80. Amy says:

i was wondering if I could leave out the bananas in this recipe. My son is allergic to bananas ( along with milk,eggs, and peanuts) but these look delicious! Would they turn out the same? thanks!

81. Holly says:

Unsweetened or sweetened canned coconut milk?

1. I use unsweetened… but I’m sure either would be ok! :)

82. AccioDeluminator says:

These are awesome and I think they will singlehandedly help me lose the weight by winning he battle against ice cream. Good ingenuity! I substituted evaporated milk for the coconut, which helped with the calories, and I poured them into an ice cube tray with toothpicks, for under 10 calories bites. Think I might try the coconut milk next time just to add the coconut flavor. Didn’t add any sugar and it’s still a sweet creamy treat!

83. Anonymous says:

how long do these fudgsicles take to freeze? great website! thanks!

84. mel says:

how long do these fudgsicles take to freeze? great website! thanks!

1. Depends on how cold your freezer is. A few hours?

85. Katherine says:

Found your blog through Pinterest; this recipe looks delicious! For the people who don’t like bananas — you could try using a very ripe avocado and add a tablespoon or so of honey (or agave). It’s a popular vegan trick.

1. tee says:

Thanks! My kids do not like the taste of banana mixed into anything besides banana bread. I will try the avocado. Maybe between avacado and coconut milk I can put some meat on their bones!

86. Katrina says:

I am making these for the second time… however, when I go to make them, I don’t always have bananas in the house. Last time, I made these with mango and this time with strawberries… Mmmm! They’re so yummy!

87. laura says:

i make one of your recipes like every other day!! i love it all!!

my fave thing about summer is simply going to the beach! (i live in charleston, sc and u can visit katie anytime! :)) i love watching all the tourists and i love just taking photos! as a child we played outside daily, built random “forts” in the woods…it was awesome!

88. Sanjeeta kk says:

Oh..that looks incredibly yum and healthy option than my regular creamy Popsicle!

89. I can’t wait to make these! Fudgcicles were my favorite growing up, but now I live in Australia and THERE ARE NO FUDGSICLES here!! Very sad indeed. Until now. Better make some room in my freezer….

90. Felicia says:

I’m debating buying a Vitamix… I see it used on so many food blogs, and it seems super helpful. But at $100, the price is pretty steep. Is it worth the splurge, or should I just stick to my blender and food processor?

1. I can’t make that decision for you. It depends on what you would use it for. Personally, I use my Magic Bullet more often, but I’m a single girl who makes small recipes ;).

91. Melissa says:

I just popped these in the freezer! I gotta say they are tasty unfrozen too.. lol Thanks for the recipe! x

92. Kacie says:

Love this recipe!! Where did you get your popsicle molds?

1. CCK says:

Sorry, I actually got them a long time ago in Japan.

93. Anonymous says:

Hi =) I’ve found your blog through Pinterest, and have returned many times. My husband has to follow the scd diet, and I’ve found several that will work for him on here. Helps me so much to be able to use some of them for him so the diet doesn’t get too mundane. Love your blog! =)

94. Cheri says:

95. Cheri says:

Oops..guess I liked it so much I had to post more than once! haha..Didin’t realize I did lol sorry!

1. Aww haha I got to smile twice then :).

96. Jeff MacLeod says:

Why can’t more women be covered in chocolate? Gonna be making this today :)

97. Megan says:

I LOVE chocolate and am having a hard time staying away from it now that I am trying to eat clean and sugar free (ish). I have made several “ice cream” snack with bananas and chocolate and while i like the consistancy, I dislike the banana taste. Can i sub it with anything or add something to get rid of the taste?

98. Jeff MacLeod says:

Megan: You can try and use organic cacao nibs or powder in place of chocolate. It contains hardly any sugar but contains far more vitamins and minerals. You can probably pick it up at your local organic grocer. It only has 1g of sugar for two tablespoons. You could also use dry unsweetened cocoa powder, which contains less fat in it than cacao powder and contains about the same amount of sugar which is almost none but does not have the nutritional benefits raw cacao does. Try mixing 1 tablespoon of those in with some of your fruit smoothies or something.

99. Michele says:

Two thumbs up! :-)
    I suspect you could double or triple the recipe and make chocolate ice cream – instead of pouring into molds, pour it into an ice cream maker…

And besides, you never really can have too much chocolate ANYTHING!

100. Elizabeth says:

These look SO yummy!

101. Loni says:

I don’t generally have canned coconut milk on hand, but my son has a dairy allergy and drinks coconut milk regularly- the refridgerated kind. Is this the same thing pretty much? Can I use the refridgerated coconut milk instead of canned?

1. No, sorry, they’re not the same. Canned has a much higher fat content and is more like cream.

102. Kat says:

Yum! Although being in the Southern Hemisphere and going into winter I am not excited about these as i could be. Won’t let that stop this household getting a taster batch though 😉 (with more to come in summer :D).

103. Jessica says:

I wonder, if instead of coconut milk, how they would turn out with greek yogurt. It’s healthier and adds protein

104. dosali says:

I’m curious if you’re still using your Magic Bullet. A lot of the reviews said they only last a few months and then have to be replaced.

1. It’s true… the blade sometimes gets worn out and refuses to spin after maybe 6 months :-?. But to be honest, it’s so cheap (especially if you use a 20%-off coupon from Bed Bath Beyond) that I just buy another, because I use the thing every single day (which also might be why mine breaks after just 6 months… I use it a lot!).

105. Lauren says:

I am wondering if anyone has had their’s turn out extremely bitter? I used bananas that were very yellow with some brown spots and the ingredients listed nothing different. Should I have added sugar or splenda??

1. Hmmm… I usually use brown bananas. Maybe that’s the difference? In any case, I changed my post to add “sweetener of choice” so people can add sweetener if it’s too bitter for them. Sorry for the trouble… I hope you can still salvage them! :(

106. Becky says:

How much sweetner do you use in this recipe. It looks delish and I can’t wait to try it!

107. Hannah says:

Why does the coconut milk need to be canned? I have some on hand now, but it’s not canned.

1. Canned coconut milk is a different product entirely. It has a much higher fat content, and therefore more creamy taste.

108. Hannah says:

Also, does this work with a Zoku popsicle maker?

1. I wouldn’t see why not, but I’ve never used one.

1. Hannah says:

I tried it last night with the Zoku. Yay for instant freezing! It took a bit longer for them to freeze than the normal for Zoku, about 10 minutes. These are the bestest ever.

109. Setjay says:

Just made it : no need sweetener.
    Made a little more than my 6 popsicles molds.
    Taste so good with a tbsp of peanut butter !!!

110. Martha says:

We used to make Popsicles in paper or plastic cups. Just fill them and then add the sticks when they are partially frozen. Paper cups just tear away from the Popsicle so it is easy to remove it. Hope this helps anyone who wants to make these and doesn’t have molds on hand.

111. Rebekkah says:

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed these! I made one batch and they quickly disappeared so made more tonight. I will say that I only got four relatively small popsicles out of each batch– so next time I’ll be doubling! And you’re right– the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze…so tonight while I was waiting, I made a quarter batch using part of a frozen (very ripe) banana, added a little extra skim milk, and it turned into a delicious chocolate banana milkshake. Yum!

112. Anonymous says:

do you have to add salt?

113. EVELYN says:

114. Vici says:

These are addicting! Great healthy treat. Creamy and delicious and hard to resist. Hubby and I have been eating one every night for desert since I found this recipe. Bought ice pop molds from Amazon and have to double this recipe to make 6 pops. Hard to eat just one!!! Thanks for the recipe!

115. adorpheus says:

These were amazing! I made mine with unsweetened almond milk instead of coconut milk so they’d be lower calorie and they tasted fantastic! I can’t imagine how great they’d be with coconut milk. And I love that they’re sugar free

116. diane says:

I tried this recipe and I doubled it and it did not turn out at all….are you sure the ingredients are right. It did not look as dark and fudge y as yours, and only made a small amount, even with the recipe doubled. I was wondering if something was omitted, or if the coconut ilk was the your amount

1. I know there’s not a typo in the recipe, as many other commenters have made it with success. I’m not sure what could’ve happened for yours, unfortunately. (Do be sure you used full-fat canned coconut milk, though.)

1. diane says:

i could not find it at our grocery store here in Oshkosh, but bought a bottle of the (what I thought was the same) I will try to find the canned somewhere else/because I really want to have them creamy and chocolatey like yours look. I will NOT GIVE UP

117. Michelle says:

I just made these (as well as your healthy ice cream) with Almond milk and a splash of coconut essence and THEY. WERE. AMAZING. I would have never gotten these incredible (and surprisingly simple) ideas on my own.

You rock, CCK!

118. Pam says:

I love your this recipe! So much better than anything in a market (including high-end stores like Whole Paycheck). Thanks!

119. Amber says:

I recently stumbled upon your site and I love it!! I eat healthy and try to limit the amount of sweets my daughter gets but still want her to enjoy a treat once and a while. Your site has helped me whip up less sugary alternatives. Being vegan is the icing on the cake!! On another note, I have been making something very close to this recipe for a long time as a morning smoothie. I use chocolate almond milk, a frozen banana, a bit of cinnamon, a scoop of peanut butter and splash of vanilla extract. I never thought to use coconut milk and freeze them. They are in the freezer now can’t wait to break into them this week!

120. Sabrina says:

What type of cocoa powder do you suggest? Unsweetened Hersheys, Dutch processed, or sweetened cocoa like Ghiradellis?

1. Any of those will work for this recipe :).

121. Alexandra says:

Oh my goodness, last night I bought a box of So Delicious brand coconut milk chocolate fudge bars (the no sugar variety) for my parents who love pops but can’t have any sugar. I was curious what they tasted like so I kept one pop and ate it this morning. Oh my, it was delicious and I immediately wanted to go out and buy a box for me. But, they are expensive and I really prefer homemade goodies.

However, I haven’t been able to get my mind off them! So I thought to myself, who’s the best healthy chocolate treat dessert blogger I know? Why it’s CCK! Why don’t I search her recipes to see if there’s something similar to the So Delicious pops? Well lo and behold, I was jumping up and down when I found this recipe! No funky ingredients, just pure goodness, and yours have 20 calories less than So Delicious! Score! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ms. Choco Covered Goddess!

122. Erika says:

What could I replace the bananas with? I’m allergic. Also, how could I modify this to make them vanilla Popsicles? Thanks!

123. Kara says:

HELP! I made these last night and now my kids will be home from school soon and will want one. Problem, I can’t get it out of the mold! Any suggestion?

124. SaraS says:

What about rolling the frozen popsicles in crunchy peanut butter? It wouldn’t look perfect, but would be fun..?

125. Jamie says:

126. atiya says:

Here in India our favvv summer dessert is ‘kulfi’..Its basically made of evaporated milk n sugar with almonds n cardamoms strewn in between..As a kid ,I simply gorged on them while playing hide n seek,catch n cook with my neighbourhood frnds..miss dose dayss…
    Btw your recipe looks yumm..hv starmarked it…gona try d soonest

127. Dede says:

May I ask if you HAVE to use canned coconut milk?? If so why? I see plenty of recipes with canned coconut milk and always wonder why canned because I always have like Silk Coconut Milk in my fridge! Thanks!! Can’t wait to try these!

1. Yes, the two are completely different. The fat content matters.

1. De says:

I just saw a comment earlier thanks!

128. Emma says:

Until the age of 7 I wouldn’t eat a dessert unless it was chocolate!

129. Excellent site you have here.. It’s hard to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

130. This piece of writing provides clear idea designed for the new visitors of blogging,
    that truly how to do running a blog.

131. Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to
    me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking
    back often!

132. Damien says:

I don’t leave a leave a response, however after reading through some of the remarks here Creamy Chocolate Fudgsicles. I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s okay.
    Could it be simply me or do a few of these responses come across like they are left by brain dead folks?

😛 And, if you are posting at additional places, I would like to keep up with you.
    Could you make a list of every one of all your social networking sites
    like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

133. doll baby says:

i love milk

134. Ruchira says:

Gosh…I love this.

It is already cooling me off…gotta try this out!

Thanks :)

135. Lenora says:

Very good page, Carry on the great work. Thanks a ton.

136. Carrie says:

Hello Katie, I love your blog! I am in a local chapter of a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group, in Cambridge, Minnesota. This year I have volunteered to write our monthly newsletter. I would like to include your recipe for the fudgsicles in one of the newsletters (preferably the Sept. edition but anytime would be fine). Could I get your permission to use it?

Thanks so much for coming up with great, healthy recipes for those of us who just can give up chocolate! sincerely- Carrie Peltier

1. Carrie Peltier says:

thanks so much!!!

137. Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a stuff! existing
    here at this website, thanks admin of this web page.

138. Nada says:

Just wanted to let you know I’ve made these a little million times now and it is all kinds of delicious! I skip the bananas and put in peanut butter. My favorite anytime snack!

139. Leah says:

Approximately how much nut butter should I add? 1/4 cup? I’ll experiment of course, but some guidance could save time. :-)

1. Hmmm… I would probably start with 3 tbsp.

140. sbobet says:

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across
    a blog that’s both educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i’m very happy that I found this during my hunt for something concerning this.

141. Carly says:

Where do I start?! Except that these would have to be one of the YUMMEST recipes ever!
    I’ve made these a few times and will be making these more times. My 2.5 year old absolutely adores them too.
    I’ve not been using any sweetener, just an over ripe banana. Makes them sweet enough for sure! And also adding two teaspoons of my beloved tahini.

142. Samantha says:

Ahh ive had these bookmarked forever! Fate finally conspired (had some full fat coconut milk and a terrible sore thoat) for me to make them today :). Only change was that I added an extra tablespoon of cocoa since it tasted too much like banana. Have it on the freezer now cant wait for it to set

143. Hey Katie!

I wanted to give a shout out to you that this recipe inspired my new “Nanner Cone” over at Simple-Swaps. I love your blog and I think you have great ideas that are presented in such an awesome fashion. Keep up the great work!

Hopefully we can network together.
    Take Care,

144. camionneuse says:

Un imposant bravo au créateur du blog

145. Barby's Best says:

Waiting for the fudgsicles to freeze is not the hardest part. Waiting for the bananas to get to the very ripe stage was too long a wait the first time I made these. So now I fast ripen the bananas in the oven and I can eat a fudgsicle the day I buy the bananas. BTW, I added a little instant powdered espresso to the recipe and they taste even more chocolatey.

146. Valerie says:

What molds did you use to make the fudgesicles? Please help, I want to order ASAP! These look too delicious!

147. Beth says:

Can you tell me how much stevia??

148. lena says:

Is there a substitute for bananas? My husband hates bananas! !

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Avocado and extra sweetener to make up for the lack of bananas. Let me know if that works!

149. Chatty says:

Ty sweet Katie for all your wonderful recipes and your great humor…I have milk,wheat, yeast, corn soy gluten allergies so eating has always been so limited for me…Then I found your beautiful site…Most of your recipes I can have and you make it easy to change the ones that contain my forbidden food from the heart..TY Katie and God Bless You….Hugs from Chatty

150. elayne says:

there are bananas in so many recipes everywhere. do you’ hopefully, know of a substitute to use for bananas in recipes, and the ratio? i would really appreciate it if you did! thanks, elayne

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Just use canned coconut milk (same ratio) and add extra sweetener.

151. lucy says:

just found your website and made these popsicles today with monkfruitsugar and a little honey. soooo good, really!!! I usually mess up on the sugar substitutes, stevia tastes biter to me in all mixes. but this was so yummy, I just keep eating them. any suggestions for other sugar subs?

152. Gaby says:

For the benefit of those (non-american) of us who have NO idea how much a cup is (very unscientific form of measurement) can you give it to us in ml or fluid ounces at worst please?!