Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

You made me do it.

vegan no bake cookies

Yes, you.

You’re like the naughty child in the back of the classroom; the one who always eggs the other children on… and then watches, laughing, as they get in trouble.

Do it, Katie.

Make a chocolate version of your PB Cookie Dough Cookies.

You know you want to.

vegan chocolate cookie

Yes, yes I wanted to.

And now that I made them and discovered how good they are? Oh boy, am I ever in trouble.

(Are you laughing yet?)

vegan no bake cookies

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

(sugar-free and gluten-free)

• 1/4 cup peanut butter (you can probably sub another nut butter)
  • 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons raisins
  • salt to taste (I used a little over 1/4 tsp, but I like salty pb cookies!)
  • 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted peanuts (Or maybe another nut, if you’re allergic to peanuts? Also: If you can only find salted peanuts, reduce or omit added salt)
  • 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (to taste)
  • optional: chocolate chips, either before or after blending (or both!)

Throw everything into a food processor (I used an Osterizer) and combine until very smooth. Roll into balls, cookies, bars, or simply eat shovel the dough into your mouth, straight from the machine. (I’m not the only one who does this, right? Right?) The dough can be stored on the counter, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Or in your belly. Or in my belly. On second thought, the dough can only be stored in my belly. So hand it over.

These are 100% flourless, just like my Flourless Chocolate-Chip Cookies.

vegan no bake cookies

Also, I wanted to update you on the moat I mentioned (in an earlier post) that I was making to protect my cookies.

Meet Earl:

fl

If anyone tries to steal my cookies, he’s got me covered. I initially had my heart set on a dragon… but all the good dragons were taken. (Darn you, Shrek!)

Growing up, did you ever want an exotic pet?

At one point in my life, I thought it’d be the coolest thing to have a monkey. And then I went through a “Mommy, I need a panda bear” stage. Through the years, I also wanted a frog, a mouse, and a horse. Apparently my childhood pets (which included rabbits, hermit crabs, hamsters, and a parrot) just weren’t exotic enough.

Also: If you haven’t tried the original version of these cookies, I highly recommend checking that post out. It’s one of my favorite recipes on the whole blog!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. It was only a matter of time until you choclatized these!! I like that words- cholatized, I think it’s fitting for your blog :) You should patten it!

2. Yes! Everything needs a chocolate version! 😀 I used to have terrapins (is that exotic??) but I wanted to have pet monkeys when I was younger… I think I’m rather normal… 😉

3. Q says:

For peanut butter, do you have to use the commercial type or would it be possible to use the all natural, organic, hippy dippy stuff?

1. I use Whole Foods smooth pb (it comes in a red jar). So yes, natural will definitely work! :)

2. Suzanne Richard says:

Finding your site was my best Christmas present this year!!!
      Thank you so much!
      Have a Happy Prosperous New Year & Please keep sending recipes

4. tea-bagginit says:

i didn’t want an exotic pet but i wanted to live in exotic places! i’ve always been super active and curious so i wanted to travel the world & be an explorer!
    these cookies look great! i want to try them with some protein powder mixed in!

5. w says:

I really want to make these!!!!!!!!! And store them in my belly. :)

6. Ahmazing! I am soo happy you made these! Can’t wait to try! I actually always wanted a flamingo :)

7. JEnny says:

Katie, you will be the ruin of my sanity, how can I function before I have made these?

Love from Denmark

Jenny

8. Megan says:

Chocolate and peanut butter… :-) What a wonderful start to the day! I always wanted a horse growing up (what little girl doesn’t?) and my best friend had a newt that I thought was pretty cool. I loved animals so I think I probably wanted everything! My brother’s friends dad had a kangaroo for a while- I think that would be fun!

9. Oh my! I need some of these in my life ASAP! :)

As for the exotic pets… I still think a peacock would be a pretty amazing pet!

10. I MADE YOUR ORIGINAL ONES YESTERDAY and it was totally one of my fave CCK recipes!! I can’t WAIT to make your choc ones too! 😀

1. I also just made the original ones. I rolled them in cinnamon afterwards and they look so pretty :) i will have to try the chocolate ones too now!

11. Nikita says:

Nothing beats peanut butter and chocolate… two of the best flavors paired together= amazingness! I had lots of random pets (bunnies, hermit crabs, guinea pigs, rats, mice, fish, ferrets, etc.) growing up because my sisters and I were all pet obsessed. I really did want a tiger though… like Jasmine from Aladdin! Lol.

12. Amelia says:

Mm, yum I think I also might just skip the “originals” and go straight for the chocolate 😉
    I really wanted a dolphin (or a killer whale) when I was little. I several times begged my mother for one. In my mind I even contemplated buying a huge patting pool (isn’t that what it’s called??) and have the dolphin swim around in that in my backyard. I always loved the sea and dolphins so to me that was just the ultimate pet. Haha thinking back on this makes me smile :) Thanks for reminding me of my silly childhood dreams!

13. Robin says:

all i can say is yes please. i really regret having just finished my last peanuts, now i need to wait for tomorrow at least, before i can make these.i don’t think i’ll make it.

14. They look amazing! And so simple- I love the idea of using the raisins in them. Yum.

15. Aja says:

Those look so good. If I don’t get a food processor soon I think I might die from lack of delicious treats.

16. Gen says:

Chocolate and peanut butter is one of the best combos ever!

17. Jenny says:

Haha yes the beginning of this post did make me smile and chuckle. :) Great intro and eventual segue into the recipe!

Chocolate and PB, as we all know, has always been a winning combo, so of course these have got to be awesome… just like the original version. Only, you know, ten times as awesome because they’re chocolatey.

Growing up, I wanted exotic pets… and I got them! We did have a family dog, and I had typical pets once like two budgies and four turtles. Then my family went on to get more diverse pets… An iguana for my mom, a monitor lizard that we let wander around our enclosed property in Singapore, then I had a chameleon when we moved to the US, and my brother had a bearded dragon. (<– Hah! If you needed a dragon, I wish I had known back then. ;P Of course, bearded dragons are usually way smaller than monitor lizards… which are obviously smaller than Donkey's wifey dragon…)

18. You amaze me every time you post a new recipe. I’m always like, what could she possibly do next? and It’s always amazing. When I was younger (Ok, when I was a sophomore in college) I wanted a hedgehog, one of my friends had one and he was adorable.

1. Aww Liz, you are such a super-sweetheart!

19. I love the chocolate-peanut butter combination! I have always wanted a Dolphin – Flipper.

20. My refrigerator broke so I’m glad that these don’t have to be refrigerated! SCORE!