Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffin (single-serving!)

The following recipe makes just one muffin.

pumpkin muffin

So lock your doors.

And you might want to invest in some blackout curtains for the windows.

This muffin is not meant to be shared.

pumpkin muffin

Side note: How fun is that fork?!

Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffin

(can be gluten-free!)

• 3 tbsp flour (See directions below, for flour notes)
  • 1 tbsp canned pumpkin (or sweet potato, applesauce, or even butternut squash, if you can’t find pumpkin)
  • pinch cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • heaping 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp or more chocolate chips
  • sweetener, such as 1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet stevia (If using liquid sweetener, cut back other liquid)
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp milk of choice (or sub half of this for oil, if you don’t like the taste of fat-free baked goods)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions: Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. (Alternatively, you can microwave these. Microwave times will vary, depending on your microwave’s wattage.) Mix the ingredients and pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Cook for 12-15ish minutes.

See the following for: Calories and Nutrition Facts.

Notes on flour: I especially like the single-lady cupcakes with spelt flour. But you can use ww pastry, an equal mix of buckwheat and brown rice flours (for gf option), white flour, etc.

pumpkin chocolate chip muffin

Want some cupcake with your frosting?

Go ahead and pile on some healthy Vanilla-Fudge Frosting.

I promise I won’t stop you. I will, however, ask that you save me a piece. Forget what I said before about not sharing this muffin. Everyone knows sharing is caring.

Recommendation on how to use up your extra pumpkin:

pumpkin-bowl

I’m still obsessed with this breakfast: Pumpkin Cereal.

Mmmmm carbs…

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Amazing. Just amazing. And I love that fork!!!!! Its gorgeous! 😀 Thanks Katie.

2. Barb says:

Yum! I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick to making just a single serving of these!

3. I’m not a fan of pumpkin, but that sure looks good! I’ll have to try it with applesauce or…sweet potatoes? do you mash them first?

1. Yes, definitely mash it first if you use sweet potato :).

1. It probably was a stupid question, but I never used sweet potato to bake, so I was just a wee bit curious about it 😀

4. Just perfect for fall and for ONE! No sharing 😉

5. I love single-serving recipes Katie. One of my biggest challenges with cooking anything is I don’t want to be eating the same thing all week long. Love single serve!!

6. Jasmine says:

yum…. seriously, you need to start writing your own cook book one of these days!! 🙂

7. YES is the answer. Yes I WOULD like a mountain of frosting on my cupcake please 🙂 I am going on a canned pumpkin buying spree this weekend and I can’t WAIT to make all your yummy looking pumpkin recipes!! 😀

8. Melissa says:

Breakfast tomorrow? Dessert tonight? Afternoon snack?

Yes, please!!!

9. Gen says:

Yuuum!!! Gotta love single serving snacks! 😀

10. Anonymous says:

YES! Just what I have been craving for the past week! This recipe is calling my name 🙂 I might also try it with melted chocolate chips marbled throughout. And I second your love for carbs!

11. Katie Henderson says:

When I clicked on “vanilla-fudge frosting” I got coconut banana butter. Is the link going to the wrong page or is it me?

1. It’s the right page. Read the actual recipe 🙂

1. Katie Henderson says:

I must be really stupid because I’ve read the recipe and the banana butter recipe, and to my artist’s eye the frosting looks completely different. I’ll go back and reread a third time.

1. Katie Henderson says:

PS I see the name..but it looks completely different.

1. I’m really not sure what you want me to say. 😕
            It’s the recipe I used.

2. Oh lol, I didn’t use the cinnamon!

12. This seriously looks amazing! Even for dessert 🙂

13. Lisa says:

ahhh cant go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate!!!
    and that fork is too cute! where did you get it? assuming you remember….
    hahah I only eat with plastic forks or plain silverware. boo!!!!

1. World Market :). It was like $2!

14. Rebecca says:

So funny, I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this morning too! Love them topped with raw pumpkin sees which roast while baking and add an wonderful crunchy pop.

15. This looks delicious! Just the type of recipe I need to cheer me up today!

16. Yeah, that fork is pretty awesome. And thank YOU for the recipes-for-one. I bake so much that I end up with SO MUCH baking around my house. And because if it’s there, I’ll eat it, it can mean a bit of a gluttonous weekend for me. So recipes for one are welcomed!

17. Omg this looks absolutely delicious! And maybe without the frosting it’s suitable for breakfast?? I’m going to have to make it tomorrow so it’s going to have to be! I made one of your single lady cupcakes a few weeks ago and was in love- you are so talented creating these amazing recipes!

18. A new fall flavored breakfast!!!! Yess! And I love the fork 🙂

19. What a great idea to make just 1 muffin!! That way I can’t get carried away. I love it. Thanks so much, Katie!!

20. Putting this as #1 on my to-do list for Saturday (and Sunday and Monday, etc). Thank you!