Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffin (single-serving!)

The following recipe makes just one muffin.

pumpkin muffin

So lock your doors.

And you might want to invest in some blackout curtains for the windows.

This muffin is not meant to be shared.

pumpkin muffin

Side note: How fun is that fork?!

Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffin

(can be gluten-free!)

• 3 tbsp flour (See directions below, for flour notes)
  • 1 tbsp canned pumpkin (or sweet potato, applesauce, or even butternut squash, if you can’t find pumpkin)
  • pinch cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • heaping 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp or more chocolate chips
  • sweetener, such as 1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet stevia (If using liquid sweetener, cut back other liquid)
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp milk of choice (or sub half of this for oil, if you don’t like the taste of fat-free baked goods)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions: Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. (Alternatively, you can microwave these. Microwave times will vary, depending on your microwave’s wattage.) Mix the ingredients and pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Cook for 12-15ish minutes.

See the following for: Calories and Nutrition Facts.

Notes on flour: I especially like the single-lady cupcakes with spelt flour. But you can use ww pastry, an equal mix of buckwheat and brown rice flours (for gf option), white flour, etc.

pumpkin chocolate chip muffin

Want some cupcake with your frosting?

Go ahead and pile on some healthy Vanilla-Fudge Frosting.

I promise I won’t stop you. I will, however, ask that you save me a piece. Forget what I said before about not sharing this muffin. Everyone knows sharing is caring.

Recommendation on how to use up your extra pumpkin:

I’m still obsessed with this breakfast: Pumpkin Cereal.

Mmmmm carbs…

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I love this picture!!! The fork is so darn adorable! I remember you making this recipe last year, and I looooved making it! Need to make again.

1. Yeah, lol I decided last year’s recipe post for it was waaaaay confusing and made you click on links to find the recipe, which was annoying! So I re-posted :).

2. Amazing. Just amazing. And I love that fork!!!!! Its gorgeous! 😀 Thanks Katie.

3. Barb says:

Yum! I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick to making just a single serving of these!

4. Oh wow, this looks amazing! I love that it’s one serving too!

Love the fork :)

5. I’m not a fan of pumpkin, but that sure looks good! I’ll have to try it with applesauce or…sweet potatoes? do you mash them first?

1. Yes, definitely mash it first if you use sweet potato :).

1. It probably was a stupid question, but I never used sweet potato to bake, so I was just a wee bit curious about it 😀

6. Just perfect for fall and for ONE! No sharing 😉

7. I love single-serving recipes Katie. One of my biggest challenges with cooking anything is I don’t want to be eating the same thing all week long. Love single serve!!

8. Jasmine says:

yum…. seriously, you need to start writing your own cook book one of these days!! :)

9. YES is the answer. Yes I WOULD like a mountain of frosting on my cupcake please :) I am going on a canned pumpkin buying spree this weekend and I can’t WAIT to make all your yummy looking pumpkin recipes!! 😀

10. Melissa says:

Breakfast tomorrow? Dessert tonight? Afternoon snack?

Yes, please!!!

11. Gen says:

Yuuum!!! Gotta love single serving snacks! 😀

12. Anonymous says:

YES! Just what I have been craving for the past week! This recipe is calling my name :-) I might also try it with melted chocolate chips marbled throughout. And I second your love for carbs!

13. Renee Allen says:

I love pumpkin-y treats! Have you come up with a pumpkin smoothie yet? I keep trying to duplicate Jamba Juice’s Pumpkin Smash and so far, no luck. My non-dairy trick with theirs is to have them substitute frozen peaches for the frozen yogurt (and it’s yummy!) but when I’ve attempted it at home, it’s not sweet enough.

1. I have a pumpkin pie in a glass recipe… I think… ok, just searched. Apparently I don’t lol. I guess I’ll have to work on one!

1. Renee Allen says:

That’s really cute. My brain works like that sometimes too! :)

14. Katie Henderson says:

When I clicked on “vanilla-fudge frosting” I got coconut banana butter. Is the link going to the wrong page or is it me?

1. It’s the right page. Read the actual recipe :)

1. Katie Henderson says:

I must be really stupid because I’ve read the recipe and the banana butter recipe, and to my artist’s eye the frosting looks completely different. I’ll go back and reread a third time.

1. Katie Henderson says:

PS I see the name..but it looks completely different.

1. I’m really not sure what you want me to say. 😕
            It’s the recipe I used.

2. Oh lol, I didn’t use the cinnamon!

15. This seriously looks amazing! Even for dessert :)

16. Lisa says:

ahhh cant go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate!!!
    and that fork is too cute! where did you get it? assuming you remember….
    hahah I only eat with plastic forks or plain silverware. boo!!!!

1. World Market :). It was like $2!

17. Such a fun spoon!! And I am all over these single serving treats… Although I’d have to made 2 since I wouldn’t want to share with the hubs.

18. Rebecca says:

So funny, I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this morning too! Love them topped with raw pumpkin sees which roast while baking and add an wonderful crunchy pop.

19. This looks delicious! Just the type of recipe I need to cheer me up today!

20. Yeah, that fork is pretty awesome. And thank YOU for the recipes-for-one. I bake so much that I end up with SO MUCH baking around my house. And because if it’s there, I’ll eat it, it can mean a bit of a gluttonous weekend for me. So recipes for one are welcomed!

21. Omg this looks absolutely delicious! And maybe without the frosting it’s suitable for breakfast?? I’m going to have to make it tomorrow so it’s going to have to be! I made one of your single lady cupcakes a few weeks ago and was in love- you are so talented creating these amazing recipes!

22. A new fall flavored breakfast!!!! Yess! And I love the fork :)

23. First off! LOVE THAT FORK! Secondly that muffin looks incredible!

24. What a great idea to make just 1 muffin!! That way I can’t get carried away. I love it. Thanks so much, Katie!!

25. Putting this as #1 on my to-do list for Saturday (and Sunday and Monday, etc). Thank you!

26. Oh my word that looks amazing. Love the fork photo–adorable!!

27. Emilia says:

I’m seriously loving the pumpkin recipes on here and I cannot wait to try them all once I can actually manage to find a can of pumpkin in the store. I would most definitely make some frosting to go with this muffin (perhaps some vegan cream cheese? yum!) :)

28. Renee says:

I <3 your fork. I was actually thinking 'what a cute utensil' when i read your little note!

BTW thanks for the recipe, I'm stoked to have a little serving cupcake just for me, that way I don't end up eating a whole pan!

29. Moni'sMeals says:

I will need to double the recipe for sure…I am not one to put in “effort” for only one serving, haha! :)

30. I love cooking for just myself- I’m scared for the day (maybe) when I have to feed a family every night eek! Talk about pressure to please!
    I think I’d still make this single lady muffin when I’m a Mom though… somethings just shouldn’t be shared once in a while 😉

31. Celina says:

These look awesome — your recipes ALWAYS make me want to make them right now. I just made the no-bake chocolate pb cookies last night, yum! Question for you – if I wanted to make a dozen of these muffins, how would you recommend I increase my measurements?

1. Hmmm… I think you could probably just times it by twelve? Maybe scale the oil/milk back a little? Honestly, I really am terrible when it comes to knowing the science of baking!

1. Celina says:

LOL guess that would be the easiest way :o) Thanks!

32. That is a thing of beauty, Katie! The link for vanilla fudge frosting takes me to coconut banana butter–is that the same thing/diff name? I think that would be great on the muffin, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing the vanilla fudge frosting recipe b/c if it’s different, I think I need that one too! :)

1. Yes :). (If you look under the title, it’ll say “a.k.a. vanilla-fudge frosting”)

33. Nicole says:

Pumpkin + chocolate. Sooo. Good. I actually tried a pumpkin version of the deepdish cookie pie (to which I’m addicted), complete with chocolate chips, but somehow it was just a bit too mellow for me. (I might have also added too much pumpkin..that seems to be my issue when I add in fruits and veggies to foods- I don’t leave enough of the other ingredients there to glue it all together :P) But these seems delicious! :)

34. Michaela says:

oh yum, I want one. like, RIGHT NOW!
    and you keep improving your pics :)
    I really like that fork, soooo cute!

35. Megan says:

So, I just got SUPER excited because you started following my food album on Pinterest! It’s like meeting a famous person…

36. That looks amazing! Do you have a toaster oven that you bake these single servings in? I don’t have a toaster oven and would hate to heat up the big oven to bake one single serving with the cost of our electric bill these days. Have you ever tried microwaving this?

1. Thanks for reminding me! I’d meant to write that in there. Yes, you can microwave it :).

1. Melissa says:

I can’t wait to try this. How long would you recommend for cooking in the microwave?

37. Great picture and of my fave combo … pumpkin and chocolate chips. And how great is it that it’s a single serving! Love this and canNOT wait to make this!

38. Dawn W. says:

Yum! I subscribe to a lot of blogs,and lately my inbox has been flooded with pumpkin recipes-not complaining,I love pumpkin! You’re supposed to fill the empty cups in the muffin pan halfway with water,right?I think so,but I’m not sure.The muffin looks yum!

39. Oh goodness, this is my kinda recipe girl!! My husband doesn’t like pumpkin (CRAZY, right?!), so whenever I want anything pumpkin, I end up making this huge batch of cookies, bread, muffins, whatever all for me. In some ways I don’t mind, but it’s probably not the best idea for me to be eating a whole batch of pumpkin muffins by myself in one day (because I probably would!). Needless to say, now I can have my pumpkin single-serving muffin when I get my cravings – thank you! :)

40. Brittney says:

Mmm these look delicious! I’m in charge of making dessert for thanksgiving, however, the guests don’t like pumpkin or sweet potato (crazy right?). Do you have any suggestions on what to make? I want to show them how delicious vegan desserts can be!

1. My two “go to” desserts that I’d recommend above all others for parties would be the deep-dish cookie pie or the chocolate bar pie. Even people who don’t like “healthy” food like those :).

41. Julia says:

Love all pumpkin recipes (and your blog)! I just did a post about making your own pumpkin puree and recipes to use it in. Check it out!

42. I love that your recipe is for one serving/muffin!

43. THANK YOU for making single serving desserts!!!! I’m so excited to try this! I’ve got some extra pumpkin at home!

44. love your fork! adorable!

45. What a fun recipe. Love your single serving ideas. And the frosting, that’s all my eyeballs really ‘see’…I love frosting so much :) And pretty fork, too!

46. Elise says:

I need to make this right away! 😛

I’ve noticed that you like to use spelt flour in a lot of your recipes, Katie, is it because of nutritional value or taste or ? 😀

1. It’s the taste. I think it has a lighter, less “doughy” taste than whole-wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat.

47. No way! I cannot believe you mastered a single-serve cupcake! This has made my day! 😀

48. THIS IS AMAZING. I want to make one NOW!

49. By far one of the best single-serving recipes- you know how much i adore muffins, and chocolate chip is THE BEST hands down. oh this would be great to test out with gluten free flour- i’ll have to try that!

xoxo <3

50. yes, that fork is FABULOUS. Love the single serving recipes. I love this one even more because I have some pumpkin sitting in my fridge. YES! :) Your pictures (and recipes) amaze me every day.

51. Aja says:

Yum! I had some chocolate chip pumpkin bread last year and now I really need to make one of these.

52. Ashley says:

I love all your pumpking recipes!! I love this one is single serving, otherwise i know I would eat too much!! Your pictures continue to amaze me.

53. Tanya says:

Wow…love pumpkin and chocolate together. This looks so good!

54. Elise says:

I just made this and YUM! 😀 I was too lazy to bake it so I just microwaved the batter for 1 minute. Mmmm. It was a little bit gummy because I didn’t use any oil and also possibly because I microwaved it but I expected as much from a fat free muffin. It was delicious though! I think I’m gonna try the blueberry one tomorrow 😀

55. Yumm! I love how you take cover to protect your muffin 😉 I love your blog someone referred me here (and I forggot who now) because I just recently turned to a Gluten-free and Dairy-free diet because of health reasons…mainly tummy aches and am looking for good recipes! I love your blog

56. Anita says:

I wish we were neighbors.

57. I just love that fork.

Can I use oat flour in this? (Please say yes)

1. I’ve not tried it. If you do, I’d love to know how it turns out!

58. Sarah says:

So….its 10PM here and I just pulled a (double batch!) recipe out of the oven…..I topped some vanilla yogurt, cinnamon and maple syrup with a crumbled muffin…delish! Although I had to add a LOT more liquids than you did??? My batter was not very moist…any reasons why? I used coconut + wheat flours…hmm

1. It’s the coconut flour. Coconut flour soaks up liquid like a sponge, thanks to all its fiber.

59. I don’t why I didn’t find your blog earlier. I LOVE it!

I love this recipe! I can not wait to go to the store to buy some canned pumpkin to make this right away. 😀

60. Erin says:

I come to your blog every day and I fascinated with all the recipes. I’m a college student with minimal time/baking ingredients and I just so happen to be in love with pumpkin so I was enthralled with this recipe. I just tried it out and I must say that I LOVE IT! It wasn’t an overly pumpkin taste (although I wouldn’t mind more) and it was a perfect little serving to satisfy my craving. Well done and keep up the awesome recipes. :)

61. Jenn says:

This looks amazing! I will be trying to find some pumpkin on the weekend in at the Canny store in Covent Garden :) YAY! Also, I am going to make your fudge cake with my sister. Exciting stuff! THanks for the awesome recipes x

62. Kathy says:

It’s official. I need to go buy a can of pumpkin.
    And a bag of dark chocolate chips.
    And the ingredients to make that frosting
    And a can of pumpkin 😉

63. Kerry says:

This looks SO GOOD! I have some leftover pumpkin in the fridge, and this will be the perfect way to use it up! Also, my husband doesn’t like pumpkin, so it’s great to be able to make a single serving. Thanks for the recipe!

64. Alyssa says:

this looks SO GOOD. i will have to make this.. and maybe one each of all your other single-lady cupcakes! thanks so much :)

65. Enjoying one of these muffins – topped with Cacao Bliss – right now. SO good! I can’t wait to try out all of your other single-serving muffins :).

1. Ok, your idea to top it with cacao bliss? Definitely beats my idea to cover it in vanilla frosting. Chocolate > vanilla always!

66. Erin B says:

I made this last night and loved it! I did it without the frosting and still thought it was awesome and the perfect dessert… just sweet enough. I think I want to try it with butterscotch chips next time. I love pumpkin and butterscotch together. Thanks!

67. Stephanie M. says:

Katie – I voted for you on food buzz yesterday when I saw you nominated :) Also, I just want to thank you for the single lady servings. I came home last night from a long day of work and school. I wanted something sweet, but it was too late to make a full batch of baked goods. Made this muffin and it hit the spot! Genius! Good luck with Food Buzz!

1. Aww Stephanie, thank you SO much!!

68. Vanessa Nguyen says:

Well answering to the previous post, I’ve been having trouble seeing your facebook stories in my news feed :l

1. :(
      Thanks for letting me know. Apparently it is an issue for everyone… I’m trying to fix it, but I’m not sure if what I did worked. If you happen to notice that it’s fixed sometime in the next week, I’d be so grateful if you let me know when you see my feed again! :) I wish I were more tech-savvy!

69. Cathy D. says:

That fork is the first thing I noticed! LOL I so want one!! :)

70. You are genius I tell you!! Never in my life has a seen so many fantastic single serve desserts. Best idea ever!!!

Congrats on the nomination, you deserve it!!!

71. Sue says:

I have a silly question. If I was going to microwave this, how much time should I put it in the microwave form? I have never used the microwave for anything besides heating things up. LOL. Thanks and sorry for the silly question.

1. I always hesitate to give microwave times, because microwaves are SO different! But maybe start with 1 minute and then add another if needed?

72. angie says:

I love these pumpkin choco chip muffins. I would like to make them for my family for breakfast for black friday. Do you have a recipe for 12 ?
    Angie Simkin

1. I don’t :(. I probably should work on some bigger-serving muffin recipes!

73. Sami says:

I have a question, what does “T” mean? I thought tablespoon, but that didn’t seem right. Honestly, I tried to make these muffins, and I have no doubt that yours are delicious, but mine turned out looking like tasteless lumps of dried play dough. Not appetizing.

1. Hi Sami,

What flour did you use? And can you give me more specifics about exactly what you did, so maybe I can help make yours taste better? 😕
      Yes, a T is a tablespoon.

1. Sami says:

It’s okay, I’ve figured out what I did…it’s so bad that I can’t even explain it. As an easier 1st step before I attempt the muffins again, I made the Pumpkin Pie Mousse. Yum :)

1. Aww lol I’m so glad you were at least able to get in your pumpkin fix with the mousse! :)

74. I just made this (doubled it and I ended up with three, BONUS)! They were fantastic, seriously the best vegan cupcakes/muffins I have ever had!

1. Wow, thank you so much for such sweet words!

75. Anni says:

Could you substitute peanut butter?!?!

1. I’ve not tried it… but I think it’d work. If you try it, will you report back? I’m curious! :)

76. Marianne says:

Not to be a total jerk…but isn’t it kind of a waste to heat up the oven for one muffin? Why not make a whole batch, or at least half a batch? I’m such an energy conservation hippy like that 😉

1. No, you’re not a total jerk. I’ve actually had to answer this to other commenters before as well… so maybe I ought to write it into a post next time.

When I cook in my oven, I am VERY aware of heating up the oven. I will do all my cooking at one time. On any given “oven” day, it’s not uncommon to see me roasting cauliflower and mushrooms and brussels sprouts and making brownies and making some tester recipe for the blog and making a single-lady cupcake. I never heat it up just for the lone cupcake; I try to take full advantage of the oven’s being hot. Or, if I absolutely have to have a muffin and don’t have anything else to cook (which is rare; I’ll usually just not eat the muffin in that case), I will use the microwave.

77. Alicia says:

What would the recipe be if I were to make an entire batch or 24 or a cake? Do you have a regular recipe for this that is not just single servings…I want to make an entire bunch and then bring them to work :)

1. Sorry, I don’t know. I guess just times all the ingredients by that amount?

78. What is this…you..are..a…genius…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW. I’m trying to keep calm about this but WOW…and I realized you have a whole section dedicated to single lady cupcakes!!! WOW I MUST make one of them :D. Will credit you 100% but wow this makes so much sense. I don’t even need to taste it to know it tastes great! I will however make it though 😀

79. Katy says:

Where are the directions?

80. I love you Katie. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

81. michigan says:

Sounds yummy. Thanks x 3.

82. Kim says:

Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! I follow the BFC diet and used almond flour, almond milk, and stevia. I also replaced the pumpkin with pear puree since I had some of my 6 month old’s on hand :) Put it in a small coffee cup and microwaved for 1 minute 30 seconds and it was delish!!

83. Hi Katie! I have a quick question…I just made this delicious pumpking muffin however my muffin came out extremely gummy! any thoughts on why? I used all-purpose flour and whole milk!

1. Hi Veronica,
      I’m sorry to say I don’t know why… except that I’ve never cooked with whole milk so I have absolutely no idea how it affects the results.

84. I want want want want this now. Katie, you are so unbelievably talented and I always, I repeat, ALWAYS drool over all your recipes. You make life and food so much tastier!
    – Katie at

85. Karla says:

I often make single-serve desserts for the kiddos and me… but of course I have to up the quantities. :) I basically tripled the recipe with a few tweaks and it was REALLY good. Here’s what I did:

9T flour (part white wheat, part brown rice)
    3T canned pumpkin
    pinch pumpkin pie spice
    1/2t baking powder
    dash salt
    2T dk choc chips
    2T rapadura
    1 egg
    splash vanilla extract

Mixed it altogether and nuked in microwave for almost 2 minutes; topped with a few more choc chips. Didn’t use frosting or anything else – the chocolate was enough!

86. I made this earlier this week and it might be one of the tastiest muffins I’ve ever had! It was so delicious and paired perfect with my morning cup of jo’ and some greek yogurt. Thanks for sharing, Katie. You’re super great.
    Katie at

87. Hi Katie! A friend just referred me to your site and I’ve been exploring and testing ever since. Thanks for all your time and effort in creating these tasty dishes, especially the one-serving portions…what a GREAT idea! I just made this pumpkin muffin, sprayed the inside of a coffee mug, but dropped a cupcake liner in the bottom, and it turned out splendidly! And, I used a buckwheat/rice combo. SO good! Can’t wait to try the pancakes :)

1. ~Nilu~ says:

Hi, How long do we need to microwave?

1. It really depends on the microwave as to how long it takes, so you’ll have to experiment.

88. aubrey says:

Hey can you use coconut flour? Would it still be 3T? Thanks:)

1. Aww thanks!
      As I said in my other comment, I wouldn’t recommend using just coconut flour… unless you don’t care if it’s crumbly lol.

89. Lori C. says:

I had a little extra pumpkin that I didn’t want to waste, so I made one of your muffins. Delicious! I microwaved it for 1 min 15 sec and then let sit for about a minute. As with all microwaved baked goods, it was a bit rubbery, but not too much to eat and heartily enjoy. :)

Thanks for the great recipe!

90. Liesel S. says:

Just tried this…and it was AMAZING! I love eating (and being!) healthy and this totally makes me want to try all of your other single lady cupcakes. THANK YOU!

91. Shannon says:

I was wondering if I could substitute banana for the pumpkin? I would love to have a recipe for a healthy banana muffin!!

1. Yes, definitely :). I have a post with a single-lady banana bread somewhere, but subbing the banana in this recipe would work too!

92. Lindsay says:

Katie, I just wanted to thank you for adding the carb amount for every recipe! I had emailed you previously asking about it :) Also thank you in general for all of your great ideas! I am a fitness competitor and so often the people that compete get SO bored and miserable with their lack of options. I have been making your cupcakes and muffins and save my carb amount for those and those alone! You are helping me get through this (miserable for some but not me anymore) process!!

93. Laura says:

Yummy! One might not be enough!

94. CarylMay Herlyck says:

Hey Katie!

Have you tried using almond flour as a substitute for flour in this recipe? That is the gluten free flour I most commonly use and was just curious if you thought it would work. Thanks! I have been having a blast trying so many of your fun recipes! :-)

95. hyarrow says:

This was fabulous!!! I just discovered your blog over the weekend and I really like the single serving recipes. I like to bake but wind up eating it too much of it myself. I will definitely be trying out some of your other recipes.

96. Shawnee says:

Hey Katie!
    This looks super delicious! Im gonna make it this week(:
    I have a couple questions though, where can you buy spelt flour? And also do you recommend whole spelt or white spelt flour?

Thanks! I lovvvvve your blog(:

97. Katie says:

So I just found your website and have tried two things and I’m hooked- but this recipe gave me some trouble! I used all the correct ingredients, using white flour and almond milk, and I ended up needed and extra seven minutes tacked on to the baking time and it came out more like a dough ball than a cupcake ): it didn’t rise at all either.

It was very delicious though! The flavor is great, I just don’t know where I went wrong with the texture.

1. I’m sorry :(
      I don’t know either… it’s impossible to know what could’ve gone wrong since I wasn’t there to see. But I know it’s not a typo in the recipe, as others have made it with success. Maybe it’s just a difference in oven temps? Or altitudes? Sorry I can’t be more helpful!

1. Katie says:

Well, it won’t stop me from trying other recipes! (And probably trying this one again, since the dough ball was delicious!) Thank you (:

98. Christy says:

i made this last night and it was heaven in a cupcake!!! ahhhhh

99. Katie Heck says:

I made the pumpkin one tonight & used Snickerdoodle dip for icing! It was sooooo yummy! Thank you do much for all your recipes! I’m making your Blondies this weekend <3

100. LauraB says:

Just made one (well, two. Had to share with the darling BF) and…oh…my…(insert deity here)! So delicious! I changed some of the recipe according to what I had on hand to use up some extras from another recipe, and no, it wasn’t super healthy because I did use oil and evaporated milk and white flour, but oh the possibilities with this as just the first try! I’ll be septupling the batch tomorrow to make a whole tin of them for my mom’s birthday party. Maybe I will try wheat flour and almond milk next time to make it vegan for a friend. Wow, I wish it wasn’t nearly 10pm, I’d be baking away! Thanks for this awesome recipe, Katie!

101. Sabrina B. says:

I reviewed this recipe on my blog :)

Only I changed them to not so single cupcakes and made a bunch of mini ones 😀 Hope you like!

102. Megan Harris says:

I added a couple tablespoons of oats and a bit more milk to make in more hearty and ate it for breakfast. It was quite delicious!

103. Jessica says:

I just made this in the microwave and yummmmmmmm! I ommitted the chocolate chips and used brown sugar. One minute in the microwave and enjoy! Made for a nice sweet snack.

104. Guilla says:

OMG! Katieeee! I just made this with sweetpotato and you are the best! I love you, love you, love you all the way from Mexico City!
    I just LOVE your blog really I am really greatefull to have come across it one day. I sincerely wish God sends many blessings your way. Thank you very much! :)

105. Brooke says:

Do you have a recipe for a large batch of these??

106. Ashley says:

Do you have a recommendation on how to store these. I made two of them and want to enjoy them for Breakfast through out the week. Will they hold up in the refrigerator or freezer? Thanks! You are my go to dessert blog FYI

107. Sugar says:

I made this in the microwave, with gluten free oat flour, and without the chocolate chips b/c I didn’t have any, and it turned out amazing! It tasted like a mix of gingerbread and pumpkin cake, which wasn’t what I was going for, but it hits the spot for a yummy holiday dessert.

My tweaked recipe: calling it Pumpkin Spice Microwave Cake (Gluten free and Vegan)
    3 Tbsp oat flour
    1 Tbsp canned pumpkin
    Dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice (I recommend a heavy hand so it won’t taste bland)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 small pinch salt
    1/2 Tbsp sugar
    1 Tbsp + 1 tsp milk (I used unsweetened rice milk)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then quickly combine them in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave quickly, I find oat flour to get more gummy and less light and fluffy like wheat flour the longer it is wet.
    Microwave for 45 seconds in a bowl. Do not use a mug or cup, the more surface area the better.
    When you take it out of the microwave quickly poke some holes in it to let out the steam. The trapped steam will keep cooking it, making it gummy.

108. Laura Miller says:

Mhmmm, my mom and I were looking for sOmething to do with our extra pumpkin after making pumpkin shake… Looks like we found it!

109. Sabine says:

Hey katie, i am trying this for the second time today because the first time the muffin was too dense (like dough). The things I did diffrently was using a double batch and 2% milk instead of almond milk. Now I am trying the recipe without doubling and without the chocolate chips and using a dutch thing called selfrisingflour (wich normally makes baked goods extra fluffy combined with bakingpowder) to see if it was a moisture problem. Now the muffins have been in the oven for 30 min and are just about done. Still not risen to the amount I would expect. What would you say the amount of rising should be compared to the batter? Should it double or triple?

110. Jenna says:

I made this recepie last night and the cupcakes were amazing, but I also made the icing and it was very liquidy and not light and fluffy like this one looks, any suggestions?

111. Just made this and it was extremely moist. I didn’t take it out of the ramekin and ate it striaght frm there using a fork.. it was delicious and definitely hit the spot! will make again! :)

112. Julia says:

Hmm I made this this morning and it was really yummy in flavor but didn’t rise AT ALL haha! It was more like a brick of dough and I mean literally it was sooo hard! But, surprisingly I really liked it but I just wanted your opinion of what I might have done wrong. I followed the recipe exactly do I don’t understand! Oh well haha thanks Katie! :)

113. LuluBakes says:

Im a huge fan and I Love, love, LOVE ur single lady recipes!!! I was just wondering if there was any way you could post the measurements for this recipe for 12/24 muffins?? I would love to bake them for parties!
    It would be greatly appreciated!!!

114. Lavon says:

I was wondering if you could recommend/suggest how to make a single serving corn muffin? Is frozen corn also an option as well for your flourless cornbread?

115. Alese says:

I’m struggling with getting this muffin to rise. Baking powder is new too. Any thoughts?

116. Anonymous says:

I used all-purpose gluten-free flour.. and it turned out great! Thank you! :)

117. Fernanda says:

I recently bought soy flour and want to use it, but I am unsure of how it will turn out? Any tips? Would it work in this recipe or others?

118. Jacki says:

Hi! I was wondering if you had a recipe that was not single serving for these. They look delicious!

119. Corina says:

Oh Katie! I love all of your recipes and even non recipe posts! Plus I love pumpkin…
    Also,yes the fork is amazing! ( P.S. Sorry if my last comment was a bit harsh,the one about carob? I was just really excited to be able to see your blog) :)

120. M. Kawakami says:

Oh man, this looks delicious! I know that subbing with almond flour can be a bit finicky in recipes, but do you think it would be possible here? I’m a big fan of experi-baking! What amount of almond flour would you recommend starting with?

121. Madalyn says:

Oh my goodness, this was the perfect dessert. I was pleasantly surprised how easy everything was. And then it was absolutely delicious! I would not want to change a single thing about this.
    Katie, I’m a big fan of your blog. I’ve been raving about you to my friends. I’m slowly trying out different recipes, and quickly turning my roommates into believers. 😉 Keep up the good work, please!

122. Amy says:

Need your recipe book Katie!!! my printers getting tired!!!:-)

123. Evie says:

Has anyone tried this with the gluten free flour combo? How did it work?

124. Katerina Seigel says:

Hey girl! These look so perfect :) Do you think I could just use this if I doubled it a million times to make a pumpkin cake? Just curious because I’ve tried it as a single cupcake and loved it! Thanks for everything, you’re incredible! <3

125. Nicole says:

Saw this recipe and had to make it right away. HOLY MOLY. Used 1 packet stevia and almond milk. Baked for 10 minutes and got impatient and microwaved 20 seconds. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS and so light and simple too! I am so happy to discover this recipe.

126. LORI HART says:

127. Harriet says:

Your recipes all look great and healthier too.

128. Carrie says:

Can I sub with almond, coconut or oat flour? It sounds delicious!

129. Anya says:

Hi! The recipe looks delicious, is there anyway that you could post the converted version to make a whole pan of muffins?