Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

I’m going on a blind date!

Lazy Sunday.

The weather was beautiful this morning, so I took my breakfast outside:

voluminous oatmeal

A big bowl of oatmeal with the Voluminous Oatmeal Trick.

One of my favorite things about the voluminous oatmeal trick (aside from how fluffy and creamy it makes the oats) is how easy it is. You do all the preparation the night before. So breakfast comes together in a snap, allowing you to be lazy.

(There’s nothing I like more than being lazy.)

voluminous oatmeal

However, at some point today, I’ll need to stop being lazy, because…

I have a blind date tonight! 😕

I’m really nervous and am wondering why I allowed my friends to talk me into this. Apparently they think there’s a problem with the fact that I haven’t had a serious boyfriend in almost a year. And apparently, these guys don’t count as “serious boyfriend” material:

Raw Gingerbread Men

I’m kind of excited, too. In all honesty, it’s not completely a blind date because I looked him up on facebook. (What did we do before facebook?) I just couldn’t resist.

Question of the Day:

Blind dates: scary or exciting?

And would you look up your date on facebook first? Or do you have more self-restraint than me?

1. C2 says:

I absolutely would too! How could you not?? : ) I hope you have an awesome time! Let us know how it goes! Btw, I LOVE your recipes!!

2. Aww yaaay that is so sweet!! I’ve never been on a blind date, but I would Facebook check the guy for sure first! You’d better tell all tomorrow! 🙂 And HEY I think gingerbread men definitely count as ‘serious boyfriend material’! 😛

1. Kate says:

I had a boyfriend and then he cheated on me…. But now I have a amazing fiance and were getting married soon!!!!!!!

3. ahhhh that’s so exciting! I can’t wait to hear about it! I know I would be incredibly nervous too but you’ll be fine. I definitely would have done the same about facebook, it would help ease some stress at least.

4. A blind date! Thats exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time tonight!

5. Oooh that’s fun! I’ve gone on a ton of blind dates from (basically, blind). Of course you do the Facebook thing, how COULDN’T you? THey are fun. I basically learned to just not put pressure on yourself or them and consider it just a new person to get to know. If you don’t click, you still meet someone new that could be a friend. Hope you give us an update!

6. I’ve never been on a blind date, good luck!! ANd I would totally Facebook him. Necessary!

7. Vitor says:

Uh, boyfriend in 1 year? :O
    how come, you are so beautiful <3

8. I would totally look for him on facebook, there is no chance I wouldn’t!
    I hope you have fun on your date!

9. Patricia says:

Are you kidding?! I’d have hired a private eye before now! Joking (sort of)… lol Have a lovely evening and remember, you’re just meeting a new and interesting person, no pressure. You already know you’re a fabulous person!

10. Molly says:

ahhh! good luck on your blind date! and thank goodness for facebook!

11. Hope you have fun tonight! I think blind dates are exciting, especially if they’re arranged by friends who have your back. I’d also Facebook-stalk beforehand too, though, if only to know what he looks like.

12. Have a great start to your lazy Sunday, and have a great time on the blind date! 🙂

13. Good luck on your date tonight!

14. I think you should be surprised! If you trust your friends, then this could be fun! You should definitely look at it as an adventure with NO expectations. I think the best things in life happen that way. I’m trying to live my life a little more in the now and just enjoy everything more. Expectations of any kind seem to always let me down. Have fun tonight! I can’t wait to hear about it!

15. Wow! A blind date? I’ll bet you’ll knock him off his feet! You’re an amazing woman!!! 😀

16. Kirsten says:

So funny that you posted this today, Katie, as I just had my first blind date less than 24 hrs ago! Definitely outside of my comfort zone but I felt so amazing just to have done it. Whatever the outcome, you will feel so good about yourself afterwards – just for having a go! Enjoy it! xo

17. Lauren says:

I have been on a few creepy blind dates but I ended up meeting my husband on so they’re not all creepy 😉 have a great time!

18. Kathy says:

I would check him on Facebook first..but that’s just me. Hehe ^^

19. Heather says:

Ooo that’s exciting, Katie! Blind dates are slightly nerve-wracking but also so fun! Nothing beats butterflies of anticipation! You must have your speed dial ready in case it goes poorly. 😉