Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

The Candy Corn Milkshake

I love Halloween.

candy corn smoothie

Haunted Houses, carving pumpkins, Creepy Carrot Cakes

I have freakishly-strong nails that grow like weeds, so one year I painted them to look like candy corns. They looked so awesome! (Of course, just one day after all my hard work, my pinkie nail decided to break. Eh, what can ya do?) This year, I opted for an easier decoration: a candy-corn milkshake. The recipe is just your average banana milkshake. But it looks super-fun and festive:

candy corn

candy corn smoothie

The Candy Corn Milkshake

• 3/4 cup milk of choice
  • 1 extremely ripe, frozen banana
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • a few drops red and yellow food coloring OR a pinch turmeric for the yellow
  • optional: If going the all-natural route, make up a second smoothie: 3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, and sweetener to taste. Use this for the orange portion.

Blend all ingredients except food coloring. Divide equally among three glasses (or two glasses if you want to just use whipped topping as your white layer). Put a few drops yellow food coloring in one glass, and red and yellow in the other (to make orange). Then pour the glasses into one large glass and drink up!

Feel free to top your shake with: Healthy Cool Whip.

Candy Corn Drink

Show off your candy-corn milk mustache!

candy drink

Question of the Day: Do you get into Halloween?

I always go all out for Halloween, as proven by these Halloween Cupcakes.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Sarah says:

It is sooo pretty! I was just over at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life and she got her nails painted with candy corns…. looks like i’ll have to jump on the wagon! How do you get such strong nails? I have thin nails that keep breaking!

1. Sarah says:

Oh and does this seriously taste like candy corn?

1. LOL no. As I said in the post, it’s just a banana milkshake that LOOKS fun and festive ;).

2. This is SO PRETTY!! Your photography is so amazing it always makes me want to eat it straight off the screen! 😛

I can’t WAIT to read about your news tomorrow!! Anything that is a huge deal to YOU will be important and I can’t wait to hear it! 😀

3. How cute is this! I have to be honest, I kind of sort of wish this TASTED like a candy corn, but I have a feeling that’d be really difficult to pull off. I enjoy Halloween – carving pumpkins, making Halloween treats, seeing all the cute costumes… but I’m not SUPER crazy into it like some people are.

1. Yeah, I didn’t even bother to try to make it taste like candy corn.

#lazy 😉

4. This looks amazing! I love candy corn and I do like halloween! I like watching the not so freaky stuff though like Charlie Brown, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Monster House. I’m a chicken. My boys are ready to start watching scary things though…I hope I can take it! I hope you have an incredible Friday Katie!

5. I just took a look through that old post with the cupcakes… you’re so talented! Have you been making any fun cake or cupcake decorations lately or have you stopped doing that as much?

1. I haven’t done it in a while… I guess, probably because that used to be the way I was creative with my desserts (and I’d rely on basic recipes, such as a tried-and-true vanilla cupcake recipe from a cookbook). But now I’m more into getting creative with the recipes, themselves.

Plus, my fondant kept drying up! And it got expensive :(.

6. Ha ha – I saw the post title and immediately started laughing. What a crazy/festive idea Katie!

I really don’t do much for Halloween except hand out candy but I do love Fall and I put up a ton of decorations and stick a pumpkin outside, etc…

7. Natasha says:

As Elf would say…”there are the basic food groups “……..” – do you know what they are Katie?
    Your insane girl!!! In the BESTEST way!
    Happy Friday –

1. Haha I definitely could’ve finished that sentence if you hadn’t done it for me ;).

8. Natasha says:

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup…
    – Buddy

9. Mmmmm! That is so stinking cute! I love it!!!

10. Karen says:

Aww… we do care about you Katie!! Hope everything is okay 🙂

11. Jennifer JCD says:

It looks so pretty! I don’t really like the scary/frightening/death theme of Hallowe’en. We decorate our house, but only in a kid-friendly style with friendly ghosts and pumpkins and twinkle lights. My husband and his family like to watch horror movies (in fact, that’s what they are doing tonight) whilst I opt to stay home and watch things more in the likes of ‘Winnie the Pooh: Frankenpooh’ and ‘Casper’. Haha. 🙂

1. Oh Casper is my favorite!

(I don’t like horror movies either!!)

12. How amazing! I love the colour so much 🙂

13. Kit-Kat says:

I LOVE candy corn! Especially the kinds that come in assorted shapes and flavors (like the maple, chocolate, corn husk, pumpkin, bats…).
    This looks like an awesome shake, and the color is very creative, as well as the glass; it makes it look like the shape of a candy corn!
    My family is Catholic, so we kind of celibrate Halloween in the traditional way as well as the religious Celtic “all Hallows eve” and “all Saints Day” way. We still decorate and dress up, of course (yes, even I, a 20 year old, still find dressing up to be fun!).
    It’s a tradition in our house to go trick-or-treating (fun even though the candy usually gets given away later to our friends), and then we come home for a little party of our own.
    Do you host Halloween parties, or do you have a family party at home, or do you go to parties?

1. Usually one of my friends will throw one.

One year, no one did, but I offered to take my neighbors trick-or-treating. So I still got to dress up :).

14. Mellie says:

We do trunk or treat at church, that’s about it. When I was little I always went to my neighbor’s house for Halloween; she went all out and it was really fun. But then we moved away 🙁

15. bitt says:

i can’t help but think a little carrot juice would work instead of food color for us health freaks. 😉 cute idea.

1. Or pumpkin for the orange… but what could you do for the yellow? I was stumped on that one.

1. Natasha says:

1. Oh goodness, where is my head? I should’ve thought of that! 😕

2. Maya says:

A tiiiiny bit of turmeric maybe?

16. I don’t do scary movies, but I LOVE to decorate!! And this shake is just adorable! Love it!

17. Amber K says:

Love the colors!

I don’t really do anything for Halloween. I wouldn’t celebrate at all if it weren’t for going trick or treating with my nieces and nephews. They have such a blast that it’s fun. But it’s always FREEZING here on Halloween and 90% of the time it’s raining too. So that parts stinks!

18. What a festive drink! Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love candy and decorating. I have lots of gourds and pumpkins scattered around my house. And a wine bottle dressed as a witch:)

19. Kristie says:

LOVE it. Candy corn is a beauty, isn’t it? I’m such a sucker for food colouring-ed goods:)
    I definitely like Halloween though I never go all out. I’ve been craving some scary movie action though so that needs to happen asap!

I was super curious about your announcement yesterday…by the sounds of things it’s nothing bad at least? I hope everything is good with you either way!

20. lindsay says:

they need to sell these at yogurt shops, that would be brilliant! great combo. oh and your news is exciting to us if its exciting to you friend.