Coconut Cookie Dough Oatmeal

Coconut cookie dough oatmeal – baked in the oven until it is warm and gooey.

cookie dough oatmeal

With melted chocolate swirled into every bite.

This is a breakfast that will definitely make you want to get out of bed in the morning. And you can even make it the night before or make extras and freeze leftovers for a rainy day when you don’t want to cook in the morning.

This recipe is a huge reader favorite on my website, with over 1,000 positive reviews from readers who have made the recipe. It tastes like eating a Mounds bar for breakfast. Highly recommended! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/10/coconut-cookie-dough-oatmeal/ width=

This is a huge reader favorite recipe – it has all the deliciousness of eating a Mounds bar for breakfast!

coconut oatmeal

The coconut cookie dough baked oatmeal can also make a great grab-and-go breakfast. Take it in the car or pack it into a lunchbox for a portable “fast food” treat that is actually good for you!

If you make this, be sure to tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on instagram so I can see your creations!!!

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal - baked in the oven until it's warm and gooey, with melty chocolate chips - @choccoveredkt - tasted like a Mounds bar for breakfast!!! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/10/coconut-cookie-dough-oatmeal/

pin-it

Coconut Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

(serves 1)

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • stevia or sugar of choice
  • 1/4 cup applesauce or banana
  • optional 4 drops coconut extract
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice or canned coconut milk
  • 1-2 tbsp pre-melted coconut butter (Coconut-Free Version)
  • optional handful chocolate chips, plus extras for the top

Baked Cookie Dough Oatmeal: Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boatmeal cakes, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 5 more minutes – or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust. Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

Blueberry Pie Pancakes - SUPER ginormous fluffy blueberry pancakes recipe... with over 200 positive reader reviews - from @choccoveredkt: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/09/blueberry-pie-pancakes/

Blueberry Pie Pancakes

Tags: , , , , ,

1. mrsluckypants says:

This looks wonderful, maybe for breakfast tomorrow. I had zucchini oatmeal this morning. It has no sweetener except for raisins and is made with steel cut oats. Good Luck figuring out the drop down menu problem. I’m sure you will figure it out soon.

2. Kristi says:

This sounds so good. All of my favorite things in oatmeal! I can’t wait to try it.

3. Kit-Kat says:

I’m not much of a coconut person (the really sweet stuff in my early years kind of turned me off), but I’m slowly starting to obtain a liking for it again, thanks to your recipes. Oatmeal is a huge b-fast staple for me, and I love it after a hard morning bike ride or run. Yum…… gooey chocolate cookie dough! Sounds so good!
    For my pre-run breakfast I had a banana and a small glass of chocolate soymilk, and then after my run I had a mug of soy cocoa and a bowl of oatmeal flavored with ground cinnamon, pumpkin spicem and Trader Joes’ dried orange flavored cranberries. Do you have a Ttrader Joes around your area? If you do, don’t you love it???

1. Kit-Kat says:

Sorry about that. they havee organic and vegan food that are really good, and its high quality, and inexpensive.

1. Rene says:

Hey katie, there will be a Trader Joe’s opening very soon in Plano at the corner of Park and Preston! Yay!

4. Amanda says:

Coconut and chocolate is one of my absolute favorite combinations. This recipe sounds so good!

I made a delicious Almond Joy Smoothie for breakfast the other day that uses similar flavors:

5. I had pumpkin protein oatmeal with cranberries and peanut butter! My sunwarrior vanilla protein powder gives the oatmeal more of a muffin-like taste! Monday I made blueberry muffin protein oats… so amazing.

6. Omg a warm and gooey breakfast that tastes like a mounds bar??? You sold me!! That sounds amazing and I need to make it asap!! My breakfast was far less exciting- I had a piece of whole wheat toast with pb and reduced sugar jelly and will be having some greek yogurt soon– but now all I want is this!!

7. Erin says:

Uh, yum. Oh my goodness. This looks incredible. Love it, Katie. 🙂

8. I love all your boatmeals, this one surely won’t disappoint!

9. Lilja says:

It is all thanks to you that I started to put peanutbutter into my oatmeal.
    Wich was the best thing to ever happen to my breakfast.

10. Yum just had this for breakfast.

11. Loooks so amazing!! I need to get some coconut 🙂

12. Alyssa says:

*Sigh* That looks AMAZING! Like a big, warm, chocolaty hug for your tummy!
    I had yogurt and toast.
    I’m so boring.
    🙂

13. Michele says:

Just to report back, Skipper – I nuked this today, and it was wonderful! I had pumpkin so I went with that – little more than 1/4 cup, pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 cup almond milk [I’m not vegan, so I added egg white]. Tablespoon of sugar [I would add less next time, but I don’t have a sweet tooth like you]. Broke a quarter of a chocolate bar in it. Mixed it up and nuked for about 2 1/2 minutes – it took a little bit to set. Served with a plouf of whipped topping.

I liked it a ton more than soft oatmeal – that’s always been a texture problem for me. LOVE. I’ve been eating pumpkin daily! I discovered that the organic pumpkin at whole foods is MUCH better, even if it’s more expensive. Sigh. Trying a vegan pumpkin pie with tofu this thanksgiving!!

14. I JUST MADE THIS FOR BREAKFAST!!

haha, I woke up, rolled over & checked my phone, seeing your new post in an email. Since I *finally* bought two new ramekins specifically for individual baking like this, I told my man I was all over breakfast 😉 I guess I made the cookie dough version though, because I have yet to bite the bullet and pay for a jar of coconut butter (still never tried it), so I left out everything coconut. I used 1/2 tsp stevia + 1 tsp brown sugar in each, pumpkin puree instead of applesauce, homemade almond mylk, and a small handful of chocolate chips. Boyfriend and I both LOVED IT!! The only thing stopping us from scarfing it down was our burning mouths 😛 Thank you, Katie!! Baked oatmeal is a new favourite breakfast in this house 😀

15. That looks delicious. This morning I made oats with ground flax, pumpkin, banana and pumpkin pie spices. Then I added a spoonful of peanut butter–so good.

16. I had banana and cinnamon oats with PB&J topping…yum!

17. This looks delicious!!! I love all of your creations. 😉

I had a whole wheat pumpkin waffle topped with a little crunchy peanut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. It’s my new favorite breakfast these days!

18. If this really tastes like a Mounds bar I’m all over it! They are my favorite.

19. Sonya says:

I can’t wait to try this!

20. Aine @ Something to Chew Over says:

Oh yummy! I wish it was breakfast time again 🙂

I had oatmeal mixed with a mashed banana and a dollop of PB. Yum!