Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake

Everyone’s favorite sandwich… is now a milkshake!

pbj shake

Best Dressed

No, I’m not talking about the Oscars last night. I’m talking about the milkshake I made Saturday afternoon; it was gorgeous! Earlier in the day, I went with a friend to find costumes for an Oscars party, and all that shopping made us thirsty. We saved money by skipping Jamba Juice and blending our own drinks upon returning home.

Awhile back, I made a multi-colored Candy Corn Milkshake.

With that drink in mind, I first blended a shake using strawberries and divided it between two glasses. Then I made another shake, but with blueberries instead of strawberries. The result:

peanut butter berry shake

PB&J Milkshake

(Makes 1 large serving)

• 1 cup frozen strawberries, or other berries (150g)
  • 3/4 cup milk of choice (or canned coconut milk, for a super-rich shake)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 T peanut flour or peanut butter (or other nut butter)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • sweetener of choice (amount will depend on your tastes and the type of milk you use)

Oh the directions are really hard for this one. Are you ready for it? Combine all ingredients and blend really well. (I used a Vita-Mix.) Pour into a glass and drink.

See? Really hard!

See the following for: Milkshake Nutrition Facts.

If this doesn’t quench your pbj thirst…

peanut fudges

Try serving alongside some PB & J Fudge.

I need inspiration:

What is your absolute favorite sandwich?

Mine is boring: peanut butter and banana. I especially love when they’re grilled and the banana gets all caramelized and gooey.

Anyway, I’d love to hear your favorite combinations, as I’m not usually very creative when it comes to sandwich-making. My sandwich recipe arsenal could use some inspiration :).

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Catalina Maya says:

My favorite sandwich is just a veggie sandwich – loaded with cucumbers, jalapenos, spinach, banana peppers, and onions – on wheat bread with lots of salt and pepper cracked on top and a drizzle of vinegar!

Unfortunately for me, I have always loathed peanut butter, and most nut butters, since I was little. I can say definitely that I’ve never had a pb&j in a life. 🙁

2. The colors in that glass look so adorable!

3. I love thanksgiving sandwiches, I had one once with turkey, some kind of greens (can’t remember), brie, and cranberry sauce. Amazing. Other than that, the classic pb and banana is always good, although I like to eat those open faced. Oooo and a chicken salad sandwich! Haha clearly I have sandwiches on my mind!

1. Sarah says:

You could be Joey on Friends ;).

4. Samantha says:

I love adding peanut butter to any of my shakes. Always makes it better. 🙂 LOVE the colors. Who wouldn’t be happy about that?!

Right now I am on a heavy hummus, avocado, cucumber, tomato, and mushroom kick. (I tend to be a huge creature of habit in how I eat – I am trying to branch out).

Obviously peanut butter and jelly is my main love.

1. Sarah says:

Agreed! Most of my smoothies, thanks to the spinach, are so ugly. But they taste good, so that’s what counts. Still, I love it when they look pretty too :).

1. Emma says:

LOL me too! My milkshakes are the ugliest things ever!

1. Samantha says:

You both made me laugh…lets hear it for ugly milkshakes!

5. We must be on the same wave-length… I made the EXACT same smoothie this morning, except I added spinach to mine and used a strawberry-blueberry mix. Soooo good!

1. Rachel says:

OMG brilliant idea! I’ve been trying to think what i can add to my berry and spinch smoothies to make them a little more palatable – peanut butter it is!
      PS Milo is also makes them a bit more delicious 🙂

6. Lauren B. says:

I’ve been on a mozzarella(thickly sliced), avocado, tomato, red bell pepper, spinach sandwich kick with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I think I had this for lunch everyday last week…and maybe this week too!

7. My favorite sandwich is a peanut butter and banana sandwich as well. Or banana bread with peanut butter and bananas on it. YUM! This smoothie sounds so yummy!

1. Emma says:

Mmm oh that sounds good! Double banana banana bread. Can’t go wrong with that!

8. I LOVE pb and banana (or pb and apple!) sandwiches. I also like pumpkin hummus, apple, spinach and caramelized onion sandwiches or hummus, eggplant, tomato and spinach sandwiches!

1. Pumpkin hummus? that sounds awesome! What is it exactly?

9. Ida says:

Peanut butter and HONEY is yum! my uncle teached me that 🙂

1. Inge says:

I agree that is so yummie, but if i don’t want sweet i rather eat avocado on toast with a bit of salt and pepper.
      Can you belive i never had an pbj sandwitch? I think it sounds disgusing.

10. Sarah says:

I think my favorite sandwich is cream cheese and jelly. Now that I’m a vegan (thanks to your blog!!!), I really have been loving tofutti cream cheese and strawberry jam sammies. Yum yum!

11. I’ve never tried peanut butter and banana! 🙂

Growing up we always did the standard PB&J. My favorite is red raspberry jam – and bring on the seeds. I’ve always thought seedless raspberry jam was, well, weird. But I’m weird too.

12. Emma says:

Forget the shake. I just want that fudge. WOW!

13. dara says:

GRILLED pb&j (or banana)?? never heard of that… recipe please? 🙂

1. Oh lol it’s not really a recipe… I did post about my method once, though, a looong time ago ;).

1. Samantha says:

Goodness!

And sub chocolate chips for raisins! This sounds amazing!

14. Jade C says:

You think your favourite sandwich is boring, Katie?? My favourite is the simple Cucumber Sandwich!! Just bread, spread and cucumber – so simple but so good!!
    Jade C.
    P.S – PB and Banana always rocks!! 😀

1. Jade C says:

Ohh and, is that a glass straw?? If so, where do you get them, please!!?? 😉
      Jade C.

1. Surprisingly, it’s not! I found it at Hobby Lobby (a craft store) as part of a plastic mug. $2 for the whole thing :).

I’d been looking for the glass ones, and I had no luck unless I wanted to order online and spend a lot for shipping.

1. Jade C says:

Huh, never heard of that store – I’m in the UK. We do have HobbyCraft, though 🙂 . Wow, that’s a good price!!

I’ve been looking for the glass ones, too, and also some fancy-looking bowls and dishes to get pretty pictures when I’m making recipes 😛 .

Good luck on your quest for the glass straw!!
          Jade C.

1. i’m in the UK too and haven’t had any luck with finding glass strawers either! I find a good place to buy random cheap and pretty bowls etc that aren’t in large sets is TK Max.

2. Jade C says:

A little glad I’m not the only one 😉 . I have recently seen the glass straws on Etsy – may have to order some when I can.. Ohh I hadn’t thought of trying TK Maxx for bowls – thanks!! 🙂

2. Jade C says:

P.P.S – So does grilled tofu and PB!! Try it!! 😀

15. Amy says:

WOO HOO! Excited to try. Have you ever tried PB2? I know you aren’t watching your weight, but it is a great way to enjoy real peanut butter without all the fat, and calories 🙂

1. I haven’t, but I know a lot of people like it… I’m sure you could sub that for the peanut flour :).

16. Maria says:

I just made a similar smoothie. Still need to post it:) Great minds! 🙂

17. Oohh, this looks great!! I make a similar one with frozen bananas and then jelly and peanut butter added. And my favorite sandwich is a reuben!

18. holy yum!!!! i LOOOOOOOOOOVE pb&j! awesome recipe, as always Katie 🙂

19. I just made one of these yesterday for lunch! Love them!!

20. Mmmm looks delicious once again Katie! I recently made a PBJ Chia Seed breakfast. Yum!
    I think my favorite sandwich wound be on an everything bagel thin with an inch thick slice of tomato fresh from the garden, sliced cucumbers, and homemade pesto and cream cheese spread on the bagel. I can’t wait for fresh garden tomatos!