Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake

Everyone’s favorite sandwich… is now a milkshake!

pbj shake

Best Dressed

No, I’m not talking about the Oscars last night. I’m talking about the milkshake I made Saturday afternoon; it was gorgeous! Earlier in the day, I went with a friend to find costumes for an Oscars party, and all that shopping made us thirsty. We saved money by skipping Jamba Juice and blending our own drinks upon returning home.

Awhile back, I made a multi-colored Candy Corn Milkshake.

With that drink in mind, I first blended a shake using strawberries and divided it between two glasses. Then I made another shake, but with blueberries instead of strawberries. The result:

peanut butter berry shake

PB&J Milkshake

(Makes 1 large serving)

• 1 cup frozen strawberries, or other berries (150g)
  • 3/4 cup milk of choice (or canned coconut milk, for a super-rich shake)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 T peanut flour or peanut butter (or other nut butter)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • sweetener of choice (amount will depend on your tastes and the type of milk you use)

Oh the directions are really hard for this one. Are you ready for it? Combine all ingredients and blend really well. (I used a Vita-Mix.) Pour into a glass and drink.

See? Really hard!

See the following for: Milkshake Nutrition Facts.

If this doesn’t quench your pbj thirst…

peanut fudges

Try serving alongside some PB & J Fudge.

I need inspiration:

What is your absolute favorite sandwich?

Mine is boring: peanut butter and banana. I especially love when they’re grilled and the banana gets all caramelized and gooey.

Anyway, I’d love to hear your favorite combinations, as I’m not usually very creative when it comes to sandwich-making. My sandwich recipe arsenal could use some inspiration :).

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Catalina Maya says:

My favorite sandwich is just a veggie sandwich – loaded with cucumbers, jalapenos, spinach, banana peppers, and onions – on wheat bread with lots of salt and pepper cracked on top and a drizzle of vinegar!

Unfortunately for me, I have always loathed peanut butter, and most nut butters, since I was little. I can say definitely that I’ve never had a pb&j in a life. :(

2. The colors in that glass look so adorable!

3. I love thanksgiving sandwiches, I had one once with turkey, some kind of greens (can’t remember), brie, and cranberry sauce. Amazing. Other than that, the classic pb and banana is always good, although I like to eat those open faced. Oooo and a chicken salad sandwich! Haha clearly I have sandwiches on my mind!

1. Sarah says:

You could be Joey on Friends ;).

4. Samantha says:

I love adding peanut butter to any of my shakes. Always makes it better. :) LOVE the colors. Who wouldn’t be happy about that?!

Right now I am on a heavy hummus, avocado, cucumber, tomato, and mushroom kick. (I tend to be a huge creature of habit in how I eat – I am trying to branch out).

Obviously peanut butter and jelly is my main love.

1. Sarah says:

Agreed! Most of my smoothies, thanks to the spinach, are so ugly. But they taste good, so that’s what counts. Still, I love it when they look pretty too :).

1. Emma says:

LOL me too! My milkshakes are the ugliest things ever!

2. Samantha says:

You both made me laugh…lets hear it for ugly milkshakes!

5. We must be on the same wave-length… I made the EXACT same smoothie this morning, except I added spinach to mine and used a strawberry-blueberry mix. Soooo good!

1. Rachel says:

OMG brilliant idea! I’ve been trying to think what i can add to my berry and spinch smoothies to make them a little more palatable – peanut butter it is!
      PS Milo is also makes them a bit more delicious :)

6. Lauren B. says:

I’ve been on a mozzarella(thickly sliced), avocado, tomato, red bell pepper, spinach sandwich kick with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I think I had this for lunch everyday last week…and maybe this week too!

7. My favorite sandwich is a peanut butter and banana sandwich as well. Or banana bread with peanut butter and bananas on it. YUM! This smoothie sounds so yummy!

1. Emma says:

Mmm oh that sounds good! Double banana banana bread. Can’t go wrong with that!

8. I LOVE pb and banana (or pb and apple!) sandwiches. I also like pumpkin hummus, apple, spinach and caramelized onion sandwiches or hummus, eggplant, tomato and spinach sandwiches!

1. Pumpkin hummus? that sounds awesome! What is it exactly?

9. Ida says:

Peanut butter and HONEY is yum! my uncle teached me that :)

1. Inge says:

I agree that is so yummie, but if i don’t want sweet i rather eat avocado on toast with a bit of salt and pepper.
      Can you belive i never had an pbj sandwitch? I think it sounds disgusing.

10. Sarah says:

I think my favorite sandwich is cream cheese and jelly. Now that I’m a vegan (thanks to your blog!!!), I really have been loving tofutti cream cheese and strawberry jam sammies. Yum yum!

11. I’ve never tried peanut butter and banana! :-)

Growing up we always did the standard PB&J. My favorite is red raspberry jam – and bring on the seeds. I’ve always thought seedless raspberry jam was, well, weird. But I’m weird too.

12. Ilana says:

last week i made the most amazing sandwich: roasted kabocha, avocado, sprouts, basil cashew cheese, and sauerkraut on sprouted cinnamon raisin toast. i’m drooling thinking about it.

1. Emma says:

Um yum? Bookmarked!

13. Emma says:

Forget the shake. I just want that fudge. WOW!

14. dara says:

GRILLED pb&j (or banana)?? never heard of that… recipe please? :)

1. Oh lol it’s not really a recipe… I did post about my method once, though, a looong time ago ;).

1. Samantha says:

And sub chocolate chips for raisins! This sounds amazing!

15. Jade C says:

You think your favourite sandwich is boring, Katie?? My favourite is the simple Cucumber Sandwich!! Just bread, spread and cucumber – so simple but so good!!
    Jade C.
    P.S – PB and Banana always rocks!! 😀

1. Jade C says:

Ohh and, is that a glass straw?? If so, where do you get them, please!!?? 😉
      Jade C.

1. Surprisingly, it’s not! I found it at Hobby Lobby (a craft store) as part of a plastic mug. $2 for the whole thing :).

I’d been looking for the glass ones, and I had no luck unless I wanted to order online and spend a lot for shipping.

2. Jade C says:

Huh, never heard of that store – I’m in the UK. We do have HobbyCraft, though :) . Wow, that’s a good price!!

I’ve been looking for the glass ones, too, and also some fancy-looking bowls and dishes to get pretty pictures when I’m making recipes 😛 .

Good luck on your quest for the glass straw!!
        Jade C.

3. i’m in the UK too and haven’t had any luck with finding glass strawers either! I find a good place to buy random cheap and pretty bowls etc that aren’t in large sets is TK Max.

4. Jade C says:

A little glad I’m not the only one 😉 . I have recently seen the glass straws on Etsy – may have to order some when I can.. Ohh I hadn’t thought of trying TK Maxx for bowls – thanks!! :)

2. Jade C says:

P.P.S – So does grilled tofu and PB!! Try it!! 😀

16. Amy says:

WOO HOO! Excited to try. Have you ever tried PB2? I know you aren’t watching your weight, but it is a great way to enjoy real peanut butter without all the fat, and calories :)

1. I haven’t, but I know a lot of people like it… I’m sure you could sub that for the peanut flour :).

17. Maria says:

I just made a similar smoothie. Still need to post it:) Great minds! :)

18. Oohh, this looks great!! I make a similar one with frozen bananas and then jelly and peanut butter added. And my favorite sandwich is a reuben!

19. PB & J is always a fave combo of mine. Can’t go wrong with that and it’s probably my fave sandwich combo, too! I love the pink/purple color yours turned!

20. holy yum!!!! i LOOOOOOOOOOVE pb&j! awesome recipe, as always Katie :)

21. I just made one of these yesterday for lunch! Love them!!

22. Mmmm looks delicious once again Katie! I recently made a PBJ Chia Seed breakfast. Yum!
    I think my favorite sandwich wound be on an everything bagel thin with an inch thick slice of tomato fresh from the garden, sliced cucumbers, and homemade pesto and cream cheese spread on the bagel. I can’t wait for fresh garden tomatos!

23. I love your idea to make the milkshakes multi-colored with half strawberry and half blueberry shakes – so pretty! I absolutely love grilled peanut butter + banana sandwiches, too, especially with some honey drizzled in there!

24. Anna Lynn says:

Holy PB&J! I adore peanut butter an jelly anything so this is like pure heaven in a glass!

I’m not the biggest sandwich person but I do love a good grilled or roasted veggie sandwich. The other day I made a “fancy” pb&j with almond butter and fig preserves and warmed it up on a panini press! It was yummy but definitely sweet. Another fun creation my roommate makes is Dijon mustard, sliced green apples and turkey (you could probably sub a non-meat protein of some sort?) I love the Dijon and apples together!

25. That does look like one well-dressed shake!

26. Yummy! Peanutbutter & jelly or peanut butter + banana! Mmmmm!!! :) ……I also love turkey and dill but I don’t want a milkshake like that!

27. Heather says:

Favorite sweet sandwich would have to be banana bread with nutella stuffed in the middle. Favorite savory sandwich would be something like grilled herb chicken with avocado pesto, goat cheese and roasted red peppers. yum can I have both now please? :)

28. Lynn says:

My fav sandwich is roasted red peppers, pesto, and smoked turkey on whole grain wheat! Add in some arugula and perfect!

29. Aja says:

That sounds perfect. And I have a bunch of frozen strawberries in my freezer that I don’t know what to do with! Yay!

30. Becca says:

Hey Katie. This is such a dumb question because it’s not really important. The nutrition information for the recipe says it has 125 calories but 2 T of pb usually has about 180-200? So is that with peanut flour? I’ve never heard of peanut flour, so I don’t know how many calories are in it, but I was just wondering.

1. Yes, it’s with the peanut flour.

31. Pretty milkshake! My fave sandwich is PB & Ricemallow Creme! Vegan Fluffer Nutter!

32. Moni'sMeals says:

I love my pb, banana, and a few chocolate chips in a quesadilla all warmed up drizzled with agave. :)

33. I love the colour that came out with! Awesomeness :)

34. I am SO making this with almond butter! or maybe sunbutter! Yummers! AND did you know it’s National Strawberry Day?? Perfect!

1. LOL no, I didn’t! Finally, I got one of these days right. I was too late for pancake day and too early for banana bread day… :)

35. Alyssa says:

I love those Tofurkey/stuffing/cranberry sandwiches!!!!! Especially on sourdough!
    I also like grilled eggplant with raw veggies & tahini in a wrap.
    For breakfast I like a sunshine breakfast patty on an english muffin with avocado & red pepper jelly.

And now I’m hungry.

36. Allie says:

I’m a PB&Banana (and honey) lover as well–but my second favorite (and maybe first favorite in the summer) is cream cheese (the vegan variety), s&p and big thick slices of cucumber slid between whole wheat bread!

37. Amber K says:

I haven’t eaten a sandwich it over a year actually. Gluten-free bread isn’t that great (especially if you’re trying to find one without xanthan gum!) But this looks great in milkshake form!

38. Eric Jaffa says:

RE: “I went with a friend to find costumes for an Oscars party.”

Did you wear a costume to an Oscar’s party?

1. Eric Jaffa says:

Can you please upload a picture which shows the costume?

2. Anony-mouse says:

Eric, your comments are little creepy sometimes.

39. Jen says:

Can’t take credit for it, but my friend made me the BEST ever vegan sandwich a few weeks ago: avocado, apple, basil, red onion, lettuce, and vegan cream cheese on toasted bread. It was so good!

40. oh my, this shake looks divine! when it comes to sandwiches, I love a good New Jersey Italian sub or a classic grilled cheese…nothing better!

41. Breenah says:

I had a grilled mozzarella, tomato, avocado, & ham sandwich for lunch today and it was the best sandwich I think I’ve ever had. The only thing that could’ve made it better would have been sourdough bread, but I only had regular wheat on hand.

42. Sounds delicious! Got an email from everyday health featuring your delicious breakfast recipes! Congrats such a wonderful accomplishment!

43. Ruby says:

This is SO exciting!
    Great minds must really think alike, because I literally tried to make a PB & J milkshake a few weeks ago!

44. Sondra says:

You finally did it, you blended a pb&j…. well almost! Looks beautiful Katie!

1. Haha I can’t believe you remembered I’ve wanted to do that! I really don’t know why I still haven’t!
      One of these days… :) :)

45. I love the colors! I’ve gotta agree with you on the peanut butter and banana sandwich being my fave, although I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to swiping some marshmallow fluff on it too from time to time – fluffer-nutter-nana sandwich!!) If I’m in a savory mood I like to recreate Panera’s Mediterranean Veggie sandwich at home: cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, onions, feta cheese and hummus on sliced bread. Delish!

46. mrsluckypants says:

This looks so good and the colors are so pretty, can’t wait to try it! My new favorite sandwich is one that I tried at a local restaurant not too long ago. I’ve been searching the internet to find a recipe so I can make it at home. I haven’t actually tried the recipes that I’ve found yet, guess I’m afraid they won’t be as good. It’s a black bean and brown rice burger so if you have any recipes or tips for that I would love to hear about it.

47. Imagine having THAT everyday for lunch as a kid :)

48. Brina says:

I love to toast a piece of sourdough and then put a a thin layer of mayonnaise, top with slices of tomato and avocado, salt and pepper, and top it with a slice of cheddar cheese and pop it back in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted for a quick and yummy open faced sandwich.

49. When I was little I liked peanut butter and pickles. eeek I know thats awful.

50. Lindsay says:

You just saved my life with this recipe, thank you!

My favorite sandwiches are anything with peanut butter and I also like jelly and cream cheese.

51. Zoe says:

I love vegemite or peanut butter with caramelised seeds on top :)
    I was wondering if you have any ideas to make this recipe with your healthy vegan twist on it? I so want it!
    New here, but loveeee this blog!

1. I’m working on a caramel recipe. I’ll keep you updated!! :)

52. Mmm so fun! Love the strawberries in this!

53. Jess says:

Ive made my fair share of weird sandwiches.

I LOVE a frozen banana sliced up between 2 slices of toast. Like a banana icecream toast sandwich!

Or, mash a banana with ~1 tsp cocoa powder and add that to a PB sammie! PB, Choc & Banana sandwich! Oooh yeh, its yum!

PB & ChocChip toastie. Vegemite & Kiwi fruit. Vegemite & PB is surprisingly delish! PB or Vegemite &.grated carrot.

1. Oh that frozen banana one sounds really good!

54. Jasmine says:

Hi Katie,

I’ve been a long-time follower, however this is my first comment.

Speaking of Oscars, which leads to actresses….I have found your celeb look-alike…

Anna Kendrick:

(I watched the movie 50/50 recently, good movie).

Also my favorite sandwich is roasted bell pepper hummus with lettuce.

1. LOL! I watched her in “Up in the Air” and thought she was adorable… didn’t see any resemblance, though. But I can kinda see it now in your links. Too fun :).

I always loved when they’d have those celebrity lookalike stories in People magazine. I wished they’d do those more often.

55. You just changed my life with that recipe. Holy milkshake.

I’m a sandwich fiend. I’ve tried em all. Love em all. But if I had to pick, I’d go with the wonderful traditional grilled cheese :)

56. Elizabeth says:

Nutella Sandwich! Or raspberries and whipped cream between two chocolate chip cookies! ( I came up with it for school :)

57. Caralyn says:

My favorite sandwich of all time is a fluffernutter sandwich- peanut butter with marshmallow spread rocks!

58. BroccoliHut says:

What a pretty milkshake! It looks almost tie-dyed.
    My favorite sandwich? I really love a good grilled hummus sammie or a PB-apple with raisins.

59. Andee says:

The best sandwich I ever had was from La Madeleine – their Ham Almondine Sandwich with Mango Chutney Cream Cheese. It was amazing, but they took it off the menu I think.

60. I have to say, my favorite has got to be hummus + avocado!
    Or maybe apple + my favorite apple pie dip:
    Hmmm or maybe PB + raisins…
    … Hehe, Its so hard to pick!

61. Love it! Pb and banana is my favourite too :)

62. MigraineMe says:

Red pepper + Burrata + Prosciutto Sandwich (warmed/toasted/pressed) = my favorite sandwich!

63. Kathy says:

Usually, my lunch is some peanut butter and Smucker’s Simply Fruit jam alongside some apples, bananas, and/or cheese.

64. Albizia says:

My favorite sandwich is with a kind of salami and kashkaval (the Balkan yellow cheese) on rye bread. I sprinkle it with a spice mix and then toast it. I loved it as a child and I still do. Unfortunately, this kind of sandwich is not good for turning into a milkshake 😀 . So here comes my favorite sweet sandwich – rye bread, chocolate spread, some uncooked oatmeal, coconut, banana. Banana, chocolate and coconut would make a great milkshake flavor.

65. It’s hard to beat the old pb n’ j. Super cool post! I love the idea of layering the two smoothie colors/flavors here, it is both beautiful and delicious. I’m a fan of your blog, most definitely!!!

66. This does look like a beautiful drink! Very creative too! Excited to see that new recipe tomorrow!

67. Mary says:

My FAV Sammie is Ezekiel 4:9 toasted with sundried tomato hummus, a thick slice of tomato and any crunchy greens I have in the fridge…cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, etc. And if I am really hungry I throw on a black bean burger.

68. I tend to prefer open-faced sandwiches. Soy cheese and barbecue sauce is fantastic…

69. Connie says:

I remember a milkshake from my childhood similar to this, except it blended in a piece of bread as well! A true PB & J sandwich! Haha.

70. sabrina says:

my favorite sandwich is honey wheat or multigrain bread with slices of chicken, turkey, and roast beef cold cuts, pesto, mozzerella cheese, and lettuce and grilled so that the bread is toasty and the cheese is melty XD

grilled pb & banana is a close second though!

71. katia says:

Omg, this looks good. I plan to make it with frozen strawberries and cherries tomorrow, and PB2!!!<3 love that stuff! I was just thinking, I really want a cinnamon roll D: like a real, big soft fluffy gooey classic cinnamon roll. But healthy! Or, at least healthier. This seems like something you can help me out with 😀 I'm not sure of you do requests, but I'd love to see a CCK cinnamon roll recipe!
    –and the sandwich thing, peanutbutter jelly and banana for sure, on one slice of wheat!<3 can't stand to have two breads, lol. I just use mine as a "plate" for the jelly and PB2!

1. katia says:

oh YAY! I can’t wait, thank you very much!

72. LizAshlee says:

I love pb and j and honey too! What a colorful shake!

73. In college my go-to was always either PB and honey or PB & J WITH some crunchy cereal in the middle!

Something I’ve been wanting to try is tuna with wasabi powder mixed in, along with some sliced avocado (I’m working on a quick lunch list for my blog so I’m definitely in the sandwich mindset lately!).

74. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

It’s so pretty! Perfect for an after school snack, huh? I’d love to see your costume too! My fave sandwich is probably a grilled Nutella sandwich. Downtown Yumtown :) Also the classic grilled cheese- now i’ve got a craving.

75. Barefootcookingirl says:

Growing up it was always grilled PB & grape jelly on white bread. Then it was any non-grilled sandwitch with lays plain salted potato chips in the middle. Crunchy, salty. Weird, I know. My stepson got me in to them years ago using the potato chips. Now it’s PB & banana with pretzel sticks in the middle. Weird, but the salty thing works…. BCG

76. Now I’m craving a PB&J sandwich, fudge, and shake! Maybe I’ll make them all for lunch and just go wild! Thanks for a fun recipe!

77. I make this exact same shake for my husband ALL the time. I use up whatever nut butter I’m not digging that’s been in the fridge for far too long (I tend to buy way too many of them!) and mix it with either strawberries or blueberries. Yum!

78. Andrea says:

This looks so yummy! I love the colors! Why do you use the 1/16 t. salt, though?

1. Becca says:

She uses salt in pretty much everything. :) To bring out flavor or something? I don’t know why, actually, but it always tastes great!

79. Amy S. says:

I haven’t commented here before, but I just made the PB&J shake for a snack, with regular creamy peanut butter, blueberries, skim milk, and just a touch, less than a teaspoon, of honey. IT IS DELICIOUS! I can’t believe that it’s under 200 calories. WOO HOO!! This recipie is the first one from your site that I’ve made (super hungry this afternoon, just wanted something I could throw together in 2 mins), but it will not be the last. Thank you!

1. Aww I am so glad you liked it!

80. Erin says:

I made this today – I liked it, though I think I prefer banana and peanut butter smoothies :) My favorite sandwich is the same as yours – peanut butter and banana! so yummy.

And I take it the calorie count is given assuming peanut flour was used… because 2 tablespoons of peanut butter would have more calories than the entire count given for this smoothie, haha.

81. Karina says:

My favorite sandwhich is one with chicken and cream cheese. My grandma used to make my brothers peanut butter and pickle sandwhiches. My brothers loved them. I never tried them…

82. Woo it’s peanut butta jelly time :)

83. Peanut flour is awesome! Where do you get yours? I use Byrdmill brand.

For a sandwich, I don’t eat bread slices often, but the turkey and cranberry sauce combo is in my top 5 favorites. Peanut Butter and banana is another favorite, but I like chunking pb for a nice crunch, and usually add cinnamon and a little honey to really boost flavor. If I have a good vanilla or chocolate protein powder at the time, I’ll sprinkle some on the pb sometimes.

Thanks for the posts…keep’em coming!

1. Whole Foods. I don’t know why it’s hard to find!

84. Elena says:

Grilled cheese w/ sourdough bread, grilled in olive oil, with a big slice of tomato, too! And a million people at work like peanut butter w/ potato chips as a sandwich. Never tried it myself. I’m not big on chips.

85. becky says:

how can this only be 125 calories with 2 T of peanut butter?

86. I bet that tastes amazing! I love me anything that involves peanut butter and jelly. :)

87. Alicia says:

I’ve made this (sans sweetener) for breakfast two days in a row now, and it’s fabulous! The vanilla really makes a difference. Thank you so much for the recipe! ^^

88. Lindsay says:

Mmm I love PB&J and now love this milkshake! I just made this using Better n Peanut Butter and unsweetened almond milk….delicious, thanks!

89. Ivy says:

Just tried this and it was delicious! :) I love your recipes!

90. Brandi says:

OMG so good!!!!!! I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk….YUM!

91. Sybil says:

What kind of Vitamix do use use? I want to buy one, but there are so many different series!

1. I think mine’s pretty basic… 5200… because it’s like 6 years old!

92. Vintage says:

I can’t believe how it can taste so good!!!!
    I made it in our ninja with Organic peanut butter and blackberries ( I was all out of strawberries) so the seeds were a little annoying to chew , but the taste was so good I ate it all. My little sis is going to love this next time she comes over. I can’t wait to buy strawberries.

93. Jenna says:

I just started reading your blog and this is the first recipe I’ve tried, It was so delicious! Thanks for the recipe!!

94. Jenna says:

I just made this shake with frozen blueberries and for a little sweetness, I put in 1 tbsp of brown sugar (to make it more pb cookie like) and it was awesome!! Thanks for the great recipe!

95. Ruwaida says:

Just made this for breakfast (added chia seeds) and it was DELICIOUS! Love all your milkshake/smoothie recipes, Katie! <3

96. Alexis says:

Hi. I love all your great recipies and I get so excited to make them since I am in an eager stage of gaining weight. So the peanut butter one sounded awesome. I made it last night with almond milk but it had a funky taste to it, I did omit the salt, do you think that is what caused this malfunction?

Which few shakes of yours are the most calorie dense as well?

97. My favorite sandwich is cream cheese and tomato on soft white bagel! I never eat it anymore because now I stay away from cream cheese and white bread (especially processed like those bagels I used to always eat), but it does taste amazing! Don’t know how it’d taste with vegan cream cheese, though.

98. Jacque Foster says:

My favorite sammy is a wrap…the spicy chipotle-lime wraps from Trader Joe’s with cream cheese, capers, smoked salmon slices, tons of arugula and a squeeze of lemon. Avocado too if it’s handy and ripe. (I can never seem to get them on their one good day–they’re either over or under ripe whenever I cut into them!)

99. megan says:

i like my sandwiches loaded, lettuce,kale, spinach, endive,alfalfa sprouts, carrots, avocado, and sometimes apple and whatever other vegies i can stuff in between 2 slices of bread

100. Emily says:

Hey Katie,

Just a quick question about the nutrition facts – how is this whole shake only 125 calories when most brands of peanut butter have 90 calories per tablespoon? Do you default to PB2 or Better n’ PB for all of your recipes? Thanks!

101. Hillary says:

I use PB2 in this recipe, you can purchase it from Whole Foods. It’s a peanut butter powder. It’s less calories and the same flavor! SO GOOD! Thanks for the recipe

102. Louise says:

I read all the comments about sandwiches and could not believe that no one mentioned the best sandwich of all. Peanut butter, nutella, mini marshmallows,banana, grilled. Yum Now I want one and have no bananas.

103. Nora says:

Just made this for lunch with sweetened vanilla almond milk and Better N Peanut Butter….. amazing!! I will have to try more of your smoothies soon, because this is awesome.

104. Rachel says:

I absolutely love your recipes. I changed this one up by adding a banana and some yogurt because my favorite pb&j sandwich has bananas and a dab of yogurt in them! 😀 I wonder how it would taste with a little bit of cocoa powder (like the chocolate peanut butter happiness in a jar?). I used blackberries, but next I want to use either blueberries or strawberries (something about chewing the seeds is … eh :) Thanks for sharing this recipe!

105. Carolynn says:

My favorites warm sandwichs are tuna melts and grilled cheese, as for cold just give me a lunch meat and cheese sandwich with tomato, mayo, and honey dijon mustard!

106. Rachel Hockey says:

Yum!! I just made this for my kids (and myself) to have with our breakfast. For a sweetener, I just added a whole banana. I used original almond milk and added a tablespoon of flax. So good, thanks for the recipe!

107. Elizabeth says:

I just made this with a 1/2 cup frozen grapes, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and blackberries and OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! The grapes gave it this really nice zing. It just put me in the best mood. Definitely try it if you’re a pb&j fan.

108. Emma says:

I like ice cream sandwiches the best!

109. Macy says:

For a simple savory sandwich, I spread hummus on toast and top it with tomatoes! For a special treat (read: every meal is a special treat) I put chocolate chips on my pb + banana. Nom!

110. Rebekah says:

My favorite sandwich is – I’ve been told – a little strange. I like peanut butter, banana, and blue plate mayonnaise sandwiches (HAS to be Blue Plate). They are delicious!

My other favorite has to be smashed chickpeas, avocado, lettuce (I prefer either spinach leaves or romaine), mayo- just a touch, and tomato!

111. I just made this with frozen wild blueberries and no sweetener. This is amazing! Thanks Katie!