Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Mint Chocolate Fudge Pie

For serious fudge lovers only.

Shockingly low in fat and calories, this is my "show-stopper" healthy dessert to bring to parties - One taste of this rich, fudgey pie and you’ll refuse to believe it isn’t saturated with heavy cream and sugar! Full recipe:

Pi equals 3.14

Which makes today—March 14th—National Pie Day. I celebrated a day early with this ultra-fudgey mint-chocolate-chip pie. But it’s ok; there are still a few slices left… so I can will celebrate again today.

For quite some time, I’d been meaning to try a mint version of my favorite Ultimate-Fudge Pie recipe. With St. Patrick’s Day so close, this week seemed like the perfect occasion.

I think I like the mint version even better than the original chocolate fudge pie!

mint chocolate chip pie

MINT CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE -   Shockingly low in fat and calories, this is my "show-stopper" healthy dessert to bring to parties. One taste of this rich, fudgey pie and you’ll refuse to believe it isn’t saturated with heavy cream and sugar! Full recipe here:

Mint Chocolate Fudge Pie

• 1 (12.3 oz) package Mori-Nu or Mori-Nu lite silk-firm tofu (For Soy-Free, see nutrition facts below)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk of choice
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract (start with 1/8 and add more if desired)
  • 8-10 oz chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups) or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
  • as needed, 2-3 tablespoons agave or sweetener of choice
  • optional: cacao nibs or extra chocolate chips stirred in after blending

Melt the chocolate either on the stove or in the microwave. (Google how to melt chocolate if you are unsure, as it’s easy to burn.) Throw everything into a food processor and blend until super-smooth. Pour into a prepared pie crust, or serve in bowls. Fridge until chilled. This gets firmer and firmer the longer it sits. It’s also firmer if you use firm tofu and more like mousse pie if you use silken.

View Calories and Nutrition Facts

mint pie

I topped my slice with homemade Vegan Cool Whip.

You only need 1 drop of food coloring or a tiny bit of spirulina for the entire cool whip recipe!

Tags: , , , ,

1. i’m a serious fudge lover for sure! 🙂 and i love a little mint in there too, so this dessert sounds like perfection to me.

2. I have nearly all of the ingredients!! This may be on the menu this weekend 🙂

3. It’s also Registered Dietitian day – ironic on Pi day, right?! I love the looks of this pie – I can make it even though I gave up sugar for Lent, and love the punch of protein from the tofu!

1. It’s kind of like how January was apparently National Candy Month… and yet it’s when everyone makes New Year’s resolutions to not eat junk! Whoever made up these holidays was just plain mean! 😉

4. This pie is juuuust for me. I can tell 😉

5. Oh Katie. I’m drooling. This looks incredible!

6. Amy says:

This is absolutely wonderful. We make it all the time. So glad I found your web site, and this recipe. I make it sugar free too,it is a main stay in my recipe box. Thank you!

7. Samantha says:

Hooray for Pi day. 🙂 In Seattle it is also a several day menu event at vegan Pizza Pi. Not sure if I will make it this year or not…

Won’t stop me from making my own pie however! And this looks fabulous. 🙂

I actually was OK at math too. And even though I wasn’t a natural at calculus I actually REALLY liked it. It felt like all the geometry and algebra and theory suddenly went together!

8. LBC says:

I made your ultimate fudge pie and just threw in about 1/3 cup of peanut butter and it was amazing!!!

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

PB always makes things better!

9. Kelsey says:

Yum! What is the green stuff on top of the pie? Is that the vegan cool whip too?

1. Yes, it’s linked under the last photo 🙂

10. I’ve been meaning to make your fudge pie for quite some time now! I really need to add silken tofu to next week’s grocery list…and perhaps some mint extract too!!

11. LJ Briar says:

I was actually lightning fast at math until I got lazy about homework of all kinds in high school. But I was always and still am brilliant at calculating in my head. I’m the writer and dancer marrying into a family composed of engineers and engineering professors, and when we go out for dinner, they all hand me the bill at the end of the night to calculate the tip, and how to split the whole thing, if we’re splitting it.

But anyway, I am not even a big fan of mint, and this is still making me drool. Once again, your recipes and photos are simply irresistible. I love how so much of what you make is fudge-textured, because to me, fudge is the best food texture ever. Not nearly so big a fan of bread-y, crumbly cakes and brownies.

12. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

Drooool. Funny you should mention math. Ick. Actually, I am pretty good at math. At least I thought I was. If you don’t know, I’m home schooled-so right now I was doing my math for today. I was always a good math student, until I met Algebra 2. HECK. Imaginary numbers? I’m spending 2 hours on numbers that don’t EVEN EXIST? That is the best April Fool’s Day gag I ever heard of. And it’s not even funny.
    I think I’ll make this pie to make myself feel better.

1. Rosalyn Noisette says:

13. Perfect dessert for St. Patty’s day feast!

14. Suzie says:

Oh my, that looks and sounds amazing! I didn’t even realize today would be pie day, so I might have to whip this up for the husband and I, thanks for the great healthy recipe. I am terrible at math, I mean I can get my way through, but I would definitely say its my least favorite subject.

15. Your pie looks amazing! I love how creative you are with your dishes, you simply amaze me!

16. Anonymous says:

Oh my. I’ve been tempted to try the original version of this pie for ages, but this tops it hands down <3

17. Arielle says:

I am pretty good at math, but I only went up to lower-division math in college. Once you get to upper-division, you have to do proofs and another craziness that seemed really difficult! It was also too abstract for me, so now I’m in science instead.

And yes, I’m hoping to eat pie today!!! 🙂

18. Danielle says:

I love pie day! I actually made your original chocolage fudge pie for my church’s Pie Day event tonight!

And yeah, I’m good at math. I was on the math team from 7th through 12th grade. Plus, I’m an elementary teacher, but I serve as the math instructional coach for the whole building… so my love of Pi/Pie day is multiplied by my love of math and my love of pie!!

19. I was a math major in college until senior year when I switched because I found other things interested me more. The mintyness just looks so cool and crisp, I cannot believe it only takes 1 drop of food coloring for the cool whip. That is awesome!

20. Crystal says:

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Can’t wait to try this out today!! I was just thinking of making the original after lunch, so this works out perfectly!

As for the math…ummm…I was pretty good at it until high school and pre-cal came up, then I became math dumb and decided to stay away from it. Now my life is limited to the few math things that I remember from elementary school…like BEDMAS…and the few things that apply to normal life (as you listed Katie).