Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Mint Chocolate Fudge Pie

For serious fudge lovers only.

Shockingly low in fat and calories, this is my "show-stopper" healthy dessert to bring to parties - One taste of this rich, fudgey pie and you’ll refuse to believe it isn’t saturated with heavy cream and sugar! Full recipe:

Pi equals 3.14

Which makes today—March 14th—National Pie Day. I celebrated a day early with this ultra-fudgey mint-chocolate-chip pie. But it’s ok; there are still a few slices left… so I can will celebrate again today.

For quite some time, I’d been meaning to try a mint version of my favorite Ultimate-Fudge Pie recipe. With St. Patrick’s Day so close, this week seemed like the perfect occasion.

I think I like the mint version even better than the original chocolate fudge pie!

mint chocolate chip pie

MINT CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE -   Shockingly low in fat and calories, this is my "show-stopper" healthy dessert to bring to parties. One taste of this rich, fudgey pie and you’ll refuse to believe it isn’t saturated with heavy cream and sugar! Full recipe here:

Mint Chocolate Fudge Pie

• 1 (12.3 oz) package Mori-Nu or Mori-Nu lite silk-firm tofu (For Soy-Free, see nutrition facts below)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk of choice
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract (start with 1/8 and add more if desired)
  • 8-10 oz chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups) or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
  • as needed, 2-3 tablespoons agave or sweetener of choice
  • optional: cacao nibs or extra chocolate chips stirred in after blending

Melt the chocolate either on the stove or in the microwave. (Google how to melt chocolate if you are unsure, as it’s easy to burn.) Throw everything into a food processor and blend until super-smooth. Pour into a prepared pie crust, or serve in bowls. Fridge until chilled. This gets firmer and firmer the longer it sits. It’s also firmer if you use firm tofu and more like mousse pie if you use silken.

View Calories and Nutrition Facts

mint pie

I topped my slice with homemade Vegan Cool Whip.

You only need 1 drop of food coloring or a tiny bit of spirulina for the entire cool whip recipe!

Tags: , , , ,

1. i’m a serious fudge lover for sure! :) and i love a little mint in there too, so this dessert sounds like perfection to me.

2. I have nearly all of the ingredients!! This may be on the menu this weekend :)

3. It’s also Registered Dietitian day – ironic on Pi day, right?! I love the looks of this pie – I can make it even though I gave up sugar for Lent, and love the punch of protein from the tofu!

1. It’s kind of like how January was apparently National Candy Month… and yet it’s when everyone makes New Year’s resolutions to not eat junk! Whoever made up these holidays was just plain mean! 😉

4. This pie is juuuust for me. I can tell 😉

5. Oh Katie. I’m drooling. This looks incredible!

6. Amy says:

This is absolutely wonderful. We make it all the time. So glad I found your web site, and this recipe. I make it sugar free too,it is a main stay in my recipe box. Thank you!

7. Samantha says:

Hooray for Pi day. :) In Seattle it is also a several day menu event at vegan Pizza Pi. Not sure if I will make it this year or not…

Won’t stop me from making my own pie however! And this looks fabulous. :)

I actually was OK at math too. And even though I wasn’t a natural at calculus I actually REALLY liked it. It felt like all the geometry and algebra and theory suddenly went together!

8. LBC says:

I made your ultimate fudge pie and just threw in about 1/3 cup of peanut butter and it was amazing!!!

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

PB always makes things better!

9. Kelsey says:

Yum! What is the green stuff on top of the pie? Is that the vegan cool whip too?

1. Yes, it’s linked under the last photo :)

10. You had me at mint. This looks incredible!! And gorgeous photos! Especially the first one.

11. I’ve been meaning to make your fudge pie for quite some time now! I really need to add silken tofu to next week’s grocery list…and perhaps some mint extract too!!

12. LJ Briar says:

I was actually lightning fast at math until I got lazy about homework of all kinds in high school. But I was always and still am brilliant at calculating in my head. I’m the writer and dancer marrying into a family composed of engineers and engineering professors, and when we go out for dinner, they all hand me the bill at the end of the night to calculate the tip, and how to split the whole thing, if we’re splitting it.

But anyway, I am not even a big fan of mint, and this is still making me drool. Once again, your recipes and photos are simply irresistible. I love how so much of what you make is fudge-textured, because to me, fudge is the best food texture ever. Not nearly so big a fan of bread-y, crumbly cakes and brownies.

13. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

Drooool. Funny you should mention math. Ick. Actually, I am pretty good at math. At least I thought I was. If you don’t know, I’m home schooled-so right now I was doing my math for today. I was always a good math student, until I met Algebra 2. HECK. Imaginary numbers? I’m spending 2 hours on numbers that don’t EVEN EXIST? That is the best April Fool’s Day gag I ever heard of. And it’s not even funny.
    I think I’ll make this pie to make myself feel better.

1. Rosalyn Noisette says:

14. Perfect dessert for St. Patty’s day feast!

15. Suzie says:

Oh my, that looks and sounds amazing! I didn’t even realize today would be pie day, so I might have to whip this up for the husband and I, thanks for the great healthy recipe. I am terrible at math, I mean I can get my way through, but I would definitely say its my least favorite subject.

16. Your pie looks amazing! I love how creative you are with your dishes, you simply amaze me!

17. I think I know what I’m bringing to my potluck tomorrow night! It’s a St. Patty’s Day celebration, and we were all trying to think of green food–I think this will go over a little better than the celery or broccoli I had been thinking about before. 😉

18. Anonymous says:

Oh my. I’ve been tempted to try the original version of this pie for ages, but this tops it hands down <3

19. Arielle says:

I am pretty good at math, but I only went up to lower-division math in college. Once you get to upper-division, you have to do proofs and another craziness that seemed really difficult! It was also too abstract for me, so now I’m in science instead.

And yes, I’m hoping to eat pie today!!! :)

20. vogelstar says:

and in Japan it’s White Day. How about White Pie? Coconut maybe?

21. Danielle says:

I love pie day! I actually made your original chocolage fudge pie for my church’s Pie Day event tonight!

And yeah, I’m good at math. I was on the math team from 7th through 12th grade. Plus, I’m an elementary teacher, but I serve as the math instructional coach for the whole building… so my love of Pi/Pie day is multiplied by my love of math and my love of pie!!

22. I was a math major in college until senior year when I switched because I found other things interested me more. The mintyness just looks so cool and crisp, I cannot believe it only takes 1 drop of food coloring for the cool whip. That is awesome!

23. Brandie says:

I really can’t stand mint lol…. I think I actually have a bit of an allergy to it, makes me kind of not able to breath (a bad thing!), but I love LOOKING at your mint-y recipes, they’re so PRETTY!! I love the pretty green-ness of them all.

Got Green Plans for St. Patricks Day comin up!?!?!? I’m going to make Jr some lil ol ‘herbivore’ rice krispie treats! Green of course :) I already bought some vegan mallows to do it :)

Miss you! Haven’t commented as much lately cause you’re blog’s been so BUSY I get lost on it now lol… *HUGS*

1. I think I’m just going to eat more pie ;).

24. Crystal says:

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Can’t wait to try this out today!! I was just thinking of making the original after lunch, so this works out perfectly!

As for the math…ummm…I was pretty good at it until high school and pre-cal came up, then I became math dumb and decided to stay away from it. Now my life is limited to the few math things that I remember from elementary school…like BEDMAS…and the few things that apply to normal life (as you listed Katie).

25. OMG Katie this looks insane! love love love mint & chocolate. i completely forgot today was pie day. i didn’t make a pie, but i made cookie n cream cookies instead. :)

26. Audrey says:

Oh man, Katie! This looks amazing. I’ve been on a real mint chocolate kick lately, and this looks so irresistibly fudgey! I think Pi Day is such a fun idea!

27. I missed the memo on Natl Pie Day but have now seen it on so many blogs! Wish I had been more organized :) Your pie looks wonderful!

28. Mmmm looks good! Happy Pi day to you!

29. I love how dense and fudgy this looks!!! Mmmm nothing beats mint and chocolate!!

30. Haha I don’t think I’ll be eating any pi today, but I always loved this holiday in HS and college since I am such a science nerd!

31. HI! This looks incredible. I just bought me some mint extract (I know, a little late), so now I can enjoy your minty chocolatey creation! Thanks!

32. Kim says:

Hi Katie!
    I’m still a bit confused about what kind of tofu to use…I’ve been using the Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm tofu when I make this, and while I LOVE the taste of the pie, mine never comes out as thick as yours appears in the photos. Should I be using regular tofu (firm, extra firm, medium??)? Do they make lite regular tofu varieties?

1. Nope, Mori Nu is the one I use too! I’m not sure why yours doesn’t come out thick… are you covering it when you fridge it? Make sure to leave it uncovered! Also, I don’t add the optional agave.

2. Katie O. says:

I have the same issue. I love the taste but it never gets that thick and I make it often. I usually leave out the milk and that helps but maybe I need to try without agave. Either way it is still delicious!

33. Mmm, I might have to try the soaked cashew idea, since I am trying to avoid soy products! Would you sub the same amount of cashews for tofu I wonder?

34. Math is my nemesis. A BA in biology hasn’t changed my skills, but getting into baking has actually helped me gain new appreciation for real world application.

But what’s really important is… Mint Chocolate. One of my fav combos. I also thought you might find this link interesting, Katie. Apparently there’s a high brow chocolate appreciation society in France. Of course I thought of your blog when I saw it:

35. Oh I want it right now!!!! and my tofu is in a freezer. You sold me on this peppermint taste. Can’t wait to try some of your recipes with it.

36. OMG this looks absolutely FABULOUS! And I think those are some of your best pictures yet! That mint green whipped cream looks like the perfect topping! And I struggled with pre-cal too but what was the worst for me was geometry– I have a hard time with spacial issues (like deciding how much batter will fit in a cake pan!) so it was a tough class!

37. Kristy says:

I’m not to familiar with tofu just yet, but is there a difference in flavor between regular and lite? I bought a chocolate tofu pie thing from a local health food store and it was rather tangy. Is this what I should expect from tofu in pies in general?

Love the mint idea…can’t wait to try!

1. I don’t know what pie you got, but I can definitely vouch for my own recipe that you can NOT taste any weirdness or tang from the tofu.

And I recomment mori-nu (lite or regular… doesn’t matter).

38. I love how in these pictures you can just see how fudgy the pie is! YUMMMMM!!!! I’ll definitely put this on my list of CCK recipes to try (seriously, there are way too many).

39. This looks fudgy and delicious Katie!! I love chocolate and min together!

40. Moni'sMeals says:

I love fudge, but not so much mint, however THIS recipe I will be trying.
    Looks so good!

41. Sarah e J. says:

I made your chocolate chocolate Mousse over the weekend for a bunch of tofu-haters (I didn’t tell them), and it was a HIT! You should’ve seen their faces when they found out. Amazing. I will for sure be making this pie! Can’t wait!

1. LOL that’s my favorite part… when they’ve already admitted to liking it and can’t take back their words once they find out it has tofu! 😉

42. Kate says:

Mmmmm, this looks de-licious! I’m definitely adding it to my to-make list! I used to like math a lot in high school so I went as far as my school offered, which was Calc 3. But it was never something that I was super passionate about. So I haven’t taken a single class in college so far. And I looooove pie, but I usually don’t have pie on Pi day because it is always in the middle of Lent. Basically every year I give up dessert/sweets because I’m such a pig about them the rest of the year haha. I might just make this the day before Easter though, so I can have it ready for me the next day! :)

43. Ooh that took me a while to get- the whole March 14, 3.14, pi, PIE thing. Hahaha. This looks very good! Especially since you don’t even have to turn the oven on to make it. :)

44. Taylor says:

Made this today! It was amazing. I was a little nervous about the peppermint because it is not my favorite but it went perfectly with the pie! I will definitely be making this again. So easy and delicious. :)

1. So excited you already made it! :)

45. angela says:

this looks SOOOOO good.

46. Oh, my goodness, this looks good! I love how you make decadent healthy recipes! Keep it up!

47. Oh I’m dyiiing Katie. This looks so intense.
    I love Algebra, but absolutely despised geometry. I missed one class when we went over how to do proofs, and it was all over from there.

48. Patricia says:

This looks delicious! I see that you used the vegan cool whip for the white topping, but what is the green topping? Is it also vegan cool whip, but with food coloring?

1. Yes, it explains in the post :)

49. Tina says:

My husband is a math nerd, so he gets really excited about Pi Day. (He likes pie too!) This year I decided to surprise him by getting into it too instead of making fun of him! :) When he came down for breakfast, I had mini-quiches (egg pie) on the table. Then for supper, I made shepherd’s pie, followed by two square-shaped pies (because, as we all learned in geometry, pi r square(d) :) – Hey, it wasn’t grammar day! :) One was a square version of your original tofu pie (yum!) and the other was the best coconut cream pie I have ever had in my life, and it was vegan!! It was a really fun and so yummy pi day!

1. Haha your day sounds so creative… I love it! Theme parties are my favorite. Your husband’s a lucky guy :).

50. Emma FtW says:

I told myself I wasn’t very good at math, but the truth of it is I was just fine at it, I just didn’t like it 😛

I celebrated pi day by making your original ultimate chocolate fudge pie, with a gingersnap-inspired crust (I didn’t have any gingersnaps and didn’t want to go to the store), and I drizzled it with a dulce de leche I made with coconut milk. Delicious!

I loooove chocolate mint, so I should be making this version relatively soon 😛

1. I don’t think I ever had dulce de leche in my pre-vegan days… now I’m intrigued! Off to google for your coconut milk version… :)

51. Sondra says:

When I saw this recipe I knew I HAD to make it. So like a woman possessed I went to the kitchen, got down my bag of Guittard’s- barely a handful left. Damn, okay, I’ll just make my own, I think…. get down the chocolate powder container-

Scrounge for a chocolove bar….Wrappers from the Extra Dark and Almonds and sea salt…. but no chocolove….

How could I be out of chocolate when CCK posted my favorite chocolate combination as a pie on national pie day!!!!!

Than I saw them, my big 1 lb bag of Navitas Naturals Raw Unsweetened Cacao Nibs- into the pan they went. I toasted them, vitamixed the crap out of them, followed your cacao bliss recipe (which I love btw) blending it all together in the vita… and finally I had the base chocolate in which to make this recipe! lol…

52. michelle says:

This looks amazing! I was originally going to write a post about this terribly indulgent st patty’s cupcake but upon reviewing the recipe, I just couldn’t do it! I decided to write about healthier recipes I plan on making this year and I’m including yours. I can’t wait to try it!!!

53. Kate says:

This is fantastic! It’s my roommate’s birthday and she doesn’t like mint, so I changed it into a coconut fudge pie…used coconut extract and shredded coconut on top. AMAZING. Thank you.

54. moepurple says:

Love your recipes! My birthday is on Friday and I will deffinantly be making one of your amazing recipes! Thanks a bunch!

55. Mel B says:

Did you use firm or silken tofu for the one in your picture?

56. Aimee says:

This looks too good to eat Katie! Can you tell me what you use for the base? Is there some you have here on the site?
    Thanks Hun :)

1. It was store-bought, but this is a great recipe for “crust” if you want to go homemade:

1. Aimee says:

Awesome Katie! Thanks for that.. & its so easy to make too! My hubby is going to be so impress tomorrow night :)

2. Aimee says:

I’m so excited! I made 8 mini pies with the cashew cookie larabars as the base, so we’ll see how they are tonight! The bowl tasted soooo good 😛

57. Sara says:

I’m a math teacher and every PI Day I bring in mini pies for my students….using a cupcake pan. This year it falls on Spring Break but my kiddos will have a special mint surprise when they come back!

58. Ashley F. says:

I’m down with anything involving mint – especially when it also involves chocolate! Been looking for a good dessert for St. Patrick’s Day and this just might be it!

59. Mmm looks good! What kind of tofu did you use for the pie in the pics?

60. Kimberly says:

I read this post yesterday and when I realized I had almost all the ingredients on hand, I just needed tofu and pie crust, I ran to the store and bought them. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO yum. And perfectly rich and chocolatey. My husband even loved it and told every one you’d never know it was tofu. So good!!

61. Andrea says:

This looks amazing! I just might have to make this for St. Patrick’s Day! For Pi Day I made an apple cider cream pie… so yummy!

62. Jenny says:

This looks so delicious! I know toy have had some “paleo” treats on your blog before…. I’ve been following :] What could I substitute for the 1 (12.3 oz) package Mori-Nu or Mori-Nu lite silk-firm tofu? That is Paleo?

1. Sorry, I don’t really know much at all about the paleo diet.

63. Lori says:

I made this today and it is delicious!! Thanks!

64. Punifa says:

Just about to make this, but I have one little questions (or two little questions, really); how long will it keep in the fridge and can I freeze it?

1. 4-5 days? Sorry, I don’t know about the freezing thing.

1. Punifa says:

Ah, that’s perfect actually! I was just wondering, but I just got done making it and I don’t think it will last that long :p

65. Guest says:

I was just wondering something about the extract. This is a mint ‘pie’, but you use peppermint extract. What’s the difference between mint and peppermint extracts?

1. Guest says:

Would you (or anyone else, for that matter) mind giving me an example or two of the tastes? Like, for mint extract would that be like mint chocolate chip ice cream, or an andes mint chocolate candy? And for peppermint, like a candycane? Sorry, it’s just something I’ve always wondered about!

66. Sue N. says:

LOVE this idea, I love mint chocolate anything. So going to make this tomorrow. Also to answer the question, no, I’m pretty awful at math. Well, once I got it it was okay, but I really didn’t like the class so I rarely paid attention or tried hard. I also hating working the problems on my own. I like math better now though and I was actually only good at pre-calc, not so good at algebra and didn’t take calculus. I like simple math though now, fractions and proportions and basic algebra. It’s fun when making things (or baking! Yum. Tasty math is the best of all).

67. Sarah says:

Hey Katie, love your blog! I know you’re not a calorie-counter, but I was wondering what you do/how you calculate your calories? :) thanks so much!

1. Guest says:

Hi there, Sarah! I’m obviously not Katie, but I know of a fantastic website to help you out with your counting. Just enter any recipe in the box, though may involve a little bit of tweaking with the wording (for example, it doesn’t register ‘and’. Instead of 1 and 1/2 cup, just enter 1.5c) Nothing too much, though, and once you get used to the site it’s really simple.

2. I used to do it by hand, quickly. But once people started clamoring for all the info (carbs, protein, etc.) I switched to the spark people recipe calculator. Much faster than doing it all out by hand!

1. lindyb says:

I’m guessing that the info for this and the original chocolate pie does not include the pie crust, given that the recipe doesn’t give the ingredients for pastry?
        I am not a pastry fan so would probably make this as a mint choc mousse anyway :-)

68. These look amazing! I’m eyeing that chocolate fudge pie!

69. Danielle says:

I have to try this! Thanks for including the alternative to the soy…I’m deathly allergic, but still want to try it out!

70. Les says:

I made this last night in bowls and ate it as pudding. It was so good! My boyfriend and I ate it in one sitting!

71. Meredith Park says:

Oh my gosh, I was very skeptical making this pie sice I’ve never tried tofu before but it’s delicious! I froze mine and the cold treat was super refreshing for this hot weather. Thanks CCK I’ll definitely be trying more recipes soon!

72. Anna Banana says:

I made this and my – rabidly anti Tofu – friends at a pi day celebration all fell completely in love with it. I waited til they had finished raving and then I told them about the recipe. They still came back for more, which as far as I’m concerned speaks volumes. I loved loved loved it!

73. Katie says:

Tried this despite having a hubby that is wary of tofu. He bought me extra firm tofu at the store and I would say, just Firm would have been better. I added a bit more milk to smooth it out. Great taste, but he didn’t like the texture. However our hockey-player friend that was visiting LOVED it and took home the leftovers :) Keep up the good work, Katie!

1. Thanks, other Katie ;).
      P.S. If you can find mori-nu silk-firm, it has a GREAT texture for this recipe!

74. Sat Garcia says:

I was out of chocolate chips so I missed making this for St. Patty’s Day. Made this today and it turned out very well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

75. Sherone says:

I made this yesterday and left it uncovered in the fridge overnight. It had a thick pudding like texture. Maybe the tofu in Australia is a little different? Any ideas about how to thicken it up without adding to many calories? Thanks Katie, it still tastes absolutely delicious:)

1. You definitely need to use firm tofu if you want a firm texture.

76. I would have loved a slice of this last week for Pi Day, or any day that is ;P This reminds me of the grasshopper pie my momma used to make!

77. merry says:

just made this! it’s in the fridge right now. instead of regular chocolate chips, i got mint chocolate chips! i haven’t had a slice yet, but the batter sure did taste good! thanks katie.

78. Lindsay says:

So what if I don’t have a food processor??! Can I use a blender?

1. Sorry, I haven’t tried it.

79. jysuy swan says:

Just made this and the batter was delicious, I poured it on chocolate cookie crust. It was to die for. Was thinking it would be great with Peanut butter mmm thanks katie. Looking forward to your next recipe 😉

80. Kate says:

Just finished making this! This is my first recipe from the site and I must say that I was very impressed with how good it tastes (well, from what I have tasted from licking the bowl- have to wait till after supper to eat!).

81. J says:

This looked great, but not a great taste. I’m a huge tofu fan, but I just could not “overflavour” the tofu… tried adding my cocoa, vanilla syrup, chocolate soy milk, and still there. Tips???

Also, to another without a food processor, it’s doable, though more time-consuming! I definitely needed to use more soy milk to thin out the extra firm tofu doing it that way.

1. Were you sure to only use 12.3 oz?

82. Rachel says:

This is an amazing recipe! I JUST made this for a cookout at my sister’s house tomorrow – it hasn’t even had time to firm up in the fridge yet, but what I licked from the spoon was awesome! I’ve seen your recipes all over Pinterest and often browse the blog but just HAD to comment on this one. I am already thinking of new variations for the future – I’m thinking some kind of strawberry-white chocolate has to be next! <3

1. Aw thank you, Rachel. I am so so happy it turned out well!

83. Lot-O-Choc says:

What do you use as the pie crust? Just a regular one?

1. You can use any! Storebought is fine, or you can use any of the fudge baby recipes:

84. AppleKim says:

I finally made this and it was delicious. Next time I will omit the sweetener (I used dark maple syrup). I put it in custard dishes and when we ate it we crumbled up graham crackers as the “crust”!

85. Marissa says:

I am so glad I found your blog. I have a dairy allergy and an egg intolerance. Your recipes look delicious and I can’t wait to try them. Especially this mint chocolate fudge pie. I LOVE mint and chocolate.

86. Casey says:

Hey Katie, I absolutely love your site and all the great ideas you have. I was wondering what kind of food processor you use or have found most convenient? My birthdays coming up and a little birdie…aka- me….told my family I’d like a food processor.

1. Haha happy early birthday!
      I have a Cuisinart (10 cup?) and I LOVE it!! It’s old and still works well!

87. This is SO yummy! Thank you so much!!!!

88. Felicia says:

Katie, I just ate HALF THIS PIE by myself.. I’m not so sure it’s very healthy anymore. Oh well, at least it was delicious.

I also froze some in a plastic container and it tasted JUST LIKE Haagen Daaz chocolate mint ice cream. Try it! Use the silken tofu and freeze for a few hours. It’s delicious (:

Thanks for sharing!

1. Ooh ok I will! Haha this comment might be dangerous!

89. CB says:

Would this recipe work with coconut milk as well? Would coconut milk be a good substitute for milk in Katie’s recipes in general?

90. CB says:

Thanks Katie! I can’t wait to try out your recipes!

91. Ally says:

I made this awhile ago for my family and we all loved it, and none of us are tofu eaters. Just made it again with a home-made graham cracker crust and 3 tsp of creme de menthe in place of the mint extract…YUM! thanks!

92. Abbey says:

I got vastly different numbers when I used the same ingredients… save for the crust and I did add the agave. ? 312 calories / slice and 10+grams of fat….. I ended up making it 10 slices so that it would be 180/slice instead. (I used So Delicious Coconut milk – very low calorie – for the 2 tbsp of milk). I just wanted to toss that out there –

1. My numbers listed are definitely correct… But make sure you’re using Mori-Nu tofu for the calculations :)

93. Aurelia says:

Beautiful colour-combo of mint and chocolate!!!

94. Lisa says:

This recipe is to die for! I made this the other night when I had a dinner party and there were no leftovers! I omitted the pie crust and made more of a pudding – I can’t get enough of it! I am going to make this again tonight for my family, but will use extra firm tofu this time, to hopefully get less of a pudding consistency (then again …I could have eaten that pudding all day)! Thanks for the recipe!

95. Katie says:

I just made this tonight! Yum!

It came out thick and creamy and totally yummy. I made one mistake (didn’t melt the chocolate chips enough so they thickened a little too quick in the food processor) and ended up adding some extra cocoa, but it was so delicious. My whole family loved it and none of them have ever had vegan dessert!

I made a double recipe of your easy chocolate pie crust and put it in a 12′ pie pan- I subbed the dates for apricots though, and more almonds for the coconut (didn’t have any dates and I hate coconut), and it was so tasty!

I recommend this recipe to everyone! Super easy and super good! <3

96. Alanna says:

It’s official: Katie has single-handedly cured me of my fear of tofu. This pie is simply amazing. I actually just made it to eat as a fudgy mousse since I didn’t feel like bothering with a crust just for myself, and I must have eaten 1 1/2 servings before I could tear the bowl from my hands and get it into the fridge! It’s THAT good. I’m now confident of two things: 1) no one would guess this had tofu, and 2) no one will ever know, because I’ll probably never share! Lol

97. Alex Martin says:

Hi Katie, I made this yesterday, as well as your Greek Yogurt Cheesecake, and I used your graham cracker crust recipe as well. Both pies were FANTASTIC (but this was my favorite!!!). Thank you SO much! 😀

98. rachael swetnam says:

this tofu fudge is amazing and deserves a nobel peace prize

99. Katie says:

Just finished making this recipe aside from adding the mint flavoring and it tastes exactly like ganache that I make! Looking forward to sharing it with a couple of friends (if it makes it that long) tomorrow who would never eat it if they knew it had tofu in it. This was my first recipe I’ve ever made with tofu and I’ll be making more of yours for sure! You gave me the courage to work with tofu and I’m so excited to see what else I can do with it since it was BOGO at the store this week- I’ve got another package ready to be made into something….what next? I’m soo excited!

100. Bethany says:

2 big ol pies! Using the rest of the chocolate chips (left in bag) and the rest of the tofu (mine only comes in 16 oz tubs) ended up yielding enough for 2 pies. Holla! Honestly though – the nuttiness of the tofu seemed to require a bit more mint extract. Or maybe next time….I’ll swap the mint for Peanut Butter 😉 ?

101. Janelle says:

Just for the record, I just made this with cashews (as I had no tofu in the house). I soaked them, drained them, then measured out 12.3 oz. I made a double batch of your sugar-free chocolate chips for the chocolate (it ended up being 8.6 oz or so), and blended it in my vitamix. It’s chilling now, but it’s tasty, that’s for sure. I’ll report back about the texture tonight after we’ve enjoyed it for pi day!

1. Janelle says:

The texture was awesome! It was firm enough to cut, and super smooth. Very yummy, thanks for the recipe!

102. Grace says:

Katie, this looks delicious!!!! Will definitely be making this for St. Patty’s!

103. Katherine says:

I made this as a half batch with the hot chocolate crust in cupcake molds. It was AMAZING and as fudge-y as we had hoped. Thanks!

104. Anonymous says:

i can’t make it right now but i will bet i will love it. keep up the good work. hehe

105. Andrea says:

This looks incredible! Totally making this tonight :) I am obsessed with mint chocolate… and your website!! Thanks for all of these amazing ideas! It’s great to be able to help our body run more efficiently, but still have tons of tasty treats :)

PS– Same here with precalc and calculus… Couldn’t get precalc to click, but moved on to calculus and it was actually enjoyable to complete the work sometimes! …perhaps it was the fact that I was grateful that I was no longer in precalc 😉

106. Debra Tucker says:

I couldn’t believe I was trying this. I hate tofu (or so I thought!). AMAZING!!!! I modified your super easy 30 sec pie crust with flaxmeal, vanilla extract, agave nectar and soy butter because I didn’t have any dates but it came out really good.
    Anyway, back to the tofu….crazy delicious! Even my kids loved it. (we recently removed gluten AND dairy from our diets and its been a little tough for my 2 teenagers) Thank you for this recipe and I cant wait to try something else soon.
    I would like to include this recipe in my magazine, Natural Awakenings, Hudson County NJ edition for my June issue, Men’s Health..I will be sure to credit you and your website. Is that Ok or do I need to do something else first? please let me know and keep up the great work
    Debra, New Jersey

107. C.B.Whyte says:

Oh My! This was very decadent and delicious :)
    I have only ever had tofu once in my life and it was a gross experience. I’m so glad I challenged myself to try it again, because this was an amazing pie!!! I ended up using a medium-firm organic tofu as that’s what the store had left and the pie was firm but still creamy. I will definitely make this again & again :)

108. Marguerite says:

I have been craving butterscotch pudding. Do you have a vegan recipe for this or can you come up with one?

1. It is definitely on my list of things to try!

109. Whitney says:

I just made Chocolate Coffee pie-except-just-in-a-bowl. I didn’t have any mint, so I put a packet of Sbux Via in.. And it is delicious.

110. Mary says:

I made this last night and the taste was delicious! I had some problem with the mixture being a little grainy from the chocolate chips and wondered if this was supposed to happen. It didn’t impact the taste but the texture threw me off. Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Should not be grainy. Sounds like you just need to melt the chocolate chips longer.

111. Andres says:

Are you sure the nutrition info is correct, i enter the ingredients into myfitnesspàl and it goes over 200 calories! because of the chocolate chips… Am i doing something wrong?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Katie discusses how nutrition is calculated on her Recipe FAQ page at the top of this blog.

112. Annelise says:

My fiancé and I LOVE this pie. I also tried making it with raspberry oil and almond extract on two different occasions and they turned out wonderful as well!

113. Nicola says:

Made this last night and it is fantastic! Not a tofu eater here, and neither are my kids and we all gobbled it up. I almost sliced myself trying to get the remnants from the blade of my food processor it was so good!! (Didn’t have Mori-Nu tofu in my grocery store, I used Rooster brand silk texture. It was perfect. No tofu taste, blended extremely with zero grit, and firmed up perfectly for the pie).

114. Rosalyn Noisette says:

Chocolate Mint Crème Pie Has The Perfect Charismatic Faire To Spring Into The Season. Start Date: March 20, 2015!

115. Allison S says:

This was OUTSTANDING!!! I seriously felt guilty eating it because I felt like I was eating something so sinful…and I can’t stop!! Yummmm. I love your recipes!!!