Peanut Butter Magic Shell

Do you believe in magic?

pb magic shell

Mermaids.

Dragons.

Ghosts and fairies…

And creamy vanilla ice cream, draped in a coat of liquid peanut butter.

peanut butter magic shell

Magic never tasted so good.

Luckily, unlike the mermaids and the fairies, peanut butter magic shell is very real… and very, very delicious!

Shown above, on top of this recipe: Four-Ingredient Ice Cream.

pb magic shell

Peanut Butter Magic Shell

(Just three ingredients!)

Categorized here: Peanut Butter Recipes.

• 2-3 tsp peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
  • 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (stevia drops, maple syrup, agave, etc.)

Combine all ingredients and stir until it makes a thin liquid. (Note: If you store your peanut butter in the fridge, you’ll need to warm it first. Also warm the coconut oil if it’s solid when you open the jar.) Pour over ice cream, and watch it harden into Magic Shell! (Or stick the covered ice cream the freezer for just a minute or two, if you want it completely hard.)

This recipe isn’t just for ice cream.

You can even make: PB Cookie Dough Truffles!

pb magic shell

Question of the Day:

Have you ever done a magic trick?

Or card tricks? I went through a phase where I loved magic tricks. I’d set up shows and line all of my stuffed animals up as the audience. Luckily, no one ever got sawed in half. Smile

Not a fan of peanut butter?

See the following recipe for: Chocolate Magic Shell.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I remember Magic Shell – what a fun idea! I think I could even use this as an excuse to go buy some non-dairy ice cream (and every excuse is a good excuse, right?!). =)

I’m not very good at magic tricks, I do like trying to figure them out when watching someone else do one, though!

2. Yah! I love this recipe and I am smiling ear to ear! I’m making this tonight to put on my ice cream!! I love the recipe! Thank you from this Peanut Butter lover!!!

3. I used to love Magic Shell, so I’m definitely lovin’ this recipe! What a way to relive my childhood 🙂

And magic tricks? Heck no. I’m TERRIBLE.

4. Barb says:

can you substitute other oil in your recipes for the coconut oil? I don’t have coconut oil, because I’m not really a fan of the coconut taste.

thanks!

1. Lisa C says:

It needs to be coconut oil because it hardens when cold. But it doesn’t taste like coconut!

2. Janae says:

I second with Lisa. Coconut oil, doesn’t really have a coconut taste. And it depends on the brand and quality.

1. barbara says:

oh great, thanks! good to know!

5. Sarah S. says:

Wowza, girl! You make all this amazingly delicious stuff look so easy to prepare, too 😀

6. Samantha says:

Wow! This looks soooo heavenly! I have been enjoying the ice cream recipes and this is a great addition (and involves peanut butter).

And no, no magic here! LOL

7. I wish I thought of this last night when I was trying to find a way to drizzle my peanut butter on top of my almond milk/banana ice cream (with World Market salted caramel cocoa mix in it…omgosh, Katie, it was so good!)

I wound up just putting a glob of peanut butter on it and calling it a day 😛

Now I know better lol

1. Lisa C says:

Oh I’ve tried that cocoa mix. So so good!

1. Janae says:

Lisa K: You sound like me–put a glob of peanut butter on it, and call it day :).

1. Sarahishealthy says:

Seconded! Or thirded? 🙂

2. Isn’t that cocoa mix fantastic?! It’s my favorite thing!

And, yes… a glob of peanut butter is a wonderful thing lol

8. Oh and I’ve done magic tricks! My boyfriend’s mom is also VERY into magic shows and very talented at it!

9. Sarah says:

Mmm, I love peanut butter in my ice cream. Vanilla or chocolate. Doesn’t matter. 🙂

10. Judy says:

This is brilliant! I LOVE peanut butter…maybe more than chocolate. oxo Judy

11. We used to try and do card tricks all the time when I was a kid! I wasn’t so great at it… haha

12. Suzie says:

What a great idea, however I am allergic to nuts : ( but I will definitely try it out w/ chocolate or something as toppings are so fun!

1. Rachel says:

Have you ever tried Sunbutter? It’s made from sunflower seeds in a peanut and tree nut free facility. My daughter is allergic to nuts and we love using sunbutter. Its texture and taste are very similar to nut butters. I bet it would work in this recipe. 🙂

13. Would you believe it? I was just thinking yesterday of looking for a Magic Shell homemade recipe – and WALA – here you are! Thanks for sharing another simple and healthy treat. MMMMM!

14. The only magic trick I was ever good at was making food disappear! lol No magic there, huh?

Why is it that every time I read your newest post my stomach starts to growl? LOL

1. Sarahishealthy says:

LOL!!!

15. Magic Shell! Making this will make me feel like I’m 7 all over again- HOW FUN!!

16. I always wondered how magic shell was made! Can’t wait to try this- and your yummy ice cream, too!

17. Vanessa says:

Wow! What a great idea.
    What kind of milk did you use in that picture? Perhaps a combination? I ask because everytime I use almond milk it is very icy.
    Thanks for any tips

1. Janae says:

Vanessa, I’ve found high fat/higher calorie plant milk works better than almond milk. I love my almond milk because it’s so low in calories (only 30 calories a cup), but it means it’s not great for rich things like ice cream. My fave milks for that are “whole” soy milk (not the low fat stuff) or coconut milk.

1. Sarahishealthy says:

Yes, I’ve made it both ways and if you use all almond milk you need to eat it RIGHT away. So if you’re looking for more of an ice cream texture, go coconuts! Or creamer. That works too :).

18. Neat! That totally makes sense since coconut oil hardens as its cools. Awesome!

19. Lisa C says:

Heck yea! This is genius! Katie, you are the best! And the photos are making me want ice cream even though it’s freezing cold outside!

20. Aja says: