2 Ingredient Coconut Cookie Dough Balls!

You know me.

A simple no-bake snack that can be made in under 5 minutes, and both kids and adults will gobble them up: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/05/02/2-ingredient-coconut-cookie-dough-balls/

You know I like recipes that are fast and easy.  So these coconut cookie dough balls are pretty much a dream come true. First of all, they taste like coconut cookie dough. And secondly, they’re no-bake, with just two ingredients.

It can’t get any easier than that!

I also now have new recipe tab: 5 Minute Dessert Recipes.

(If you click on the above link, you’ll see all of my recipes that take 5 minutes or less to make! I’m working on a “no-bake” tab as well.)

I’m not even sure I can call this a “recipe.” It’s too simple!

Coconut Cookie Dough Balls

(no added sugar!)

• Scant 2/3 cup pitted dates (80 g) (I like Sunmaid brand, because they’re softer. See the nutritional info link, below, for substitution notes)
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter
  • Tiny pinch salt (can be omitted if desired)
  • Optional: shredded coconut, chocolate chips, etc.

Blend everything together in a food processor. This makes a small batch, so I used my Magic Bullet. If you have a bigger processor, it might be best to double or triple the recipe so everything blends more smoothly. (The recipe can be done in a blender, but the results are stickier.) Smush into one big ball, then roll into little balls or bars or cookie-cuttered shapes. These will last in the refrigerator for a few weeks or frozen for a few months, or they can be frozen.

View Cookie Dough Balls Nutrition Facts

coconut cookie dough balls

Note: the cookie dough balls in the photos contain nuts. But after taking photos I revamped the recipe to make it nut-free!

If you want balls without coconut butter, try one of these similar recipes:

german-chocolate-truffles

German-Chocolate Fudge Bites

fg samoas

Girl-Scout Cookie Bites

Are you a fan of quick and simple recipes?

Or do you prefer the challenge of making fancier, more-complicated recipes? If you have any favorite quick recipe ideas, feel free to share them in the comment section.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Becca R says:

“Are you a fan of quick and simple recipes?” Is that a joke? haha. 🙂 Actually, I don’t really mind long recipes, because I taste as I go, so it’s not like I’m waiting for the final result! haha

1. trajayjay says:

Well, what if you’re baking something?

2. These remind me of the coconut cream pie larabars – one of my favorite flavors!

1. That’s exactly what I thought too! Great recipe idea Katie!

3. The more simple the better! I love quick and easy recipes! …..I love dates! They make everything better!

4. Elise says:

Hi Katie, I’m not sure if you’d know why this happens but I am signed up to your email notification system and everytime you post a new recipe I get the previous post sent to me e.g. today I received the email ‘Here is what happened on Saturday…’ instead of today’s 2 Ingredient Coconut Cookie Dough Balls. It’s ok because I know when I receive an email you’ve put a new post up so can go and check your site, it’s just that the content of the email is delayed by a day… very weird.

1. My email system is weird :(.
      I don’t know why it’s doing that. Sometimes it skips posts altogether, which is even MORE annoying/frustrating :(.

5. I have a bag of left over dates from baking wedding cookies and this seems like a perfect way to use them up. Thanks…

1. Lisa says:

It’s National Truffle Day! A perfect excuse! 🙂

6. Suzie says:

Yummy, coconut dough balls– cant pass that up! Thanks for making it nut-free (I am sadly allergic).

7. i’m ALL about quick and simple recipes!! these sound great! i just need to get my hands on some coconut butter!

1. Samantha says:

I finally bought some and couldn’t believe I waited so long…it is amazing stuff.

1. Sami B. says:

I bought my first jar last month…..I can tell it’s gonna be a problem. So good.

1. Samantha says:

LOL 🙂 That was kind of my feeling the first time I cracked the jar open.

8. Jessica says:

Gah! You are the best!!! Proving once again that recipes do not need to be complicated to be good. It’s one of the reasons your blog is my favorite: because you’re like the rest of us, not some chef who expects everyone to know how to (and have time to) do all these fancy cooking methods. Your recipes are so simple anyone could make them… and yet we don’t think of them! It’s your ability to simplify that is so genius!

Of course, I also like your more complicated recipes as well. The deep dish cookie pie is my all time favorite dessert EVER!

1. Lisa says:

I agree. I love that CCK’s recipes are easy enough for us “non cooks” to make. Just because we don’t like to cook doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get to eat well too!

9. Lisa says:

I’m making these TODAY!
    Did you know it’s National Truffle Day?

10. Melissa says:

I am definitely better with quick and easy recipes! The more steps and ingredients the more chances to get distracted and mess up! Besides I cook more with love than skill, and it’s much easier to love a quick, simple recipe. And this one looks great. As soon as I make some coconut butter I’m making this one.
    Thanks for all the totally delicious and amazing recipes. You’re totally amazing!

1. Em says:

I am the same way! Somehow, if it’s a long and complicated recipe (or even not so complicated) I always seem to mess up a step. Quick recipes are much safer for me ;).

11. Em says:

I made them!!! 🙂 🙂

Is that a record for fastest time to make a recipe after it’s posted, I wonder?
    Katie, they are awesome. Might just be my new favorite snack, because they’re so quick to make. I’ve done your other fudge babies before (the chocolate ones and the pb cookie dough ones), and I love them and make them all the time. But these are even easier!

LOVE!

12. Samantha says:

Em beat me to making them already! 🙂 LOL way to go Em.

Anyway, I am looking forward to these. I make the peanut butter ones all the time and add coconut to those. I am also one of the ones that makes them with prunes so I will report how prunes and coconut butter get along. 🙂

I do really enjoy the quick and simple to squeeze in the day and try more things out. I also have no problem with a little more prep time and involvement for something I am going to enjoy. Especially for more meal type options that will be eaten over several days (like your polenta casserole!).

I will say when quick and simple fails I usually recover quicker!

1. Samantha says:

I just made these with prunes (plus some shredded coconut) and I think they are great! Full disclosure however is that I have never eaten a larabar and I am not sure if I have ever had a date so I don’t know about the taste comparison. They were good to me though!

1. Julie says:

Add prunes, figs, and some ground almonds and you have Sugarplums!

2. Jeana says:

What are the peanut butter ones?

1. Samantha says:

Oh the peanut butter cookie dough ones are heavenly:

I stay true to recipe with the following substitutions (has more to do with what my kitchen is stocked with:

Prunes for raisins
        Shredded coconut for peanuts

I LOVE them. Huge staple for me.

PS. Having on occasion left the salt out I can tell you I liked the salt in there.

Enjoy.

13. Stacey says:

I just have to say that this coconut butter is seriously the best thing ever invented. I eat it by the spoonful! Sadly I am doing a candida diet right now- no sweetener/fruit….Otherwise I would be all over these!

1. I do too! It’s dangerous. When I first saw it at Whole Foods a few years ago, I wasn’t even going to try it. I thought it sounded boring! But then they sent me a free (mini) sample… life was never the same ;).

14. Sami B. says:

Oh my word. So yummy. Well, to answer the question, yesterday I made your volume ice cream and threw in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, and mini chocolate chips. It took literally 5 minutes and was DELISH!!

1. Em says:

That sounds like Thanksgiving in a bowl. Yum!

15. These look so easy, and I LOVE easy! I freak out when an ingredients list goes above 5 or 6 things, especially things that I don’t already have!

16. Mmmm I still have to bite the bullet and buy some coconut butter! I have a hard time justifying $12 for a lil jar at the moment 😛 But these cookies look like a good reason…

I am a BIG fan of simple recipes!! On occasion, I like to put in a lot of effort {like for lasagna or a double layer cake} but the majority of my recipes are quick and easy because I don’t want to wait for my food, and I’m usually busy. It’s so easy to make delicious food in 5-20 mins 🙂

1. Do it!!!

If you think about it, a candy bar is a dollar. But it’s single-serving. This is $12 and you get more than 12 servings. Well, unless you’re me ;).

2. Anna Banana says:

You should make your own! Bulk dried coconut isn’t too expensive. I made two easily jar-sized (or more) batches with about $4 worth of coconut. Katie has a recipe on here for it and it’s easy-peasy.

1. Sara Dane says:

Great tip!

17. Arielle says:

Yes, I love quick and simple recipes! Can’t wait to try this one 🙂

18. These look insanely good!!!!

19. Anna Banana says:

I think most of my quick fix recipes I either got from you or are based off of something I got from you. I’m currently going through a pitcher of black forest smoothie/milkshake I made the other day. I feel like you have a recipe for that on here but I haven’t looked at it – I used two frozen bananas, 1c coconut milk, 1.5c soy milk, 1c frozen cherries, 1/2tsp vanilla extract, and liberal chocolate chips and blended. I make my smoothies in bulk because they are so filling that I have breakfast for four days afterwards! Perfect for me because I have to be up early every day and I rarely feel the drive to cook before 6am.

1. Leslie says:

That sounds delicious! I am always looking for recipes with cherries. I can’t get enough!