Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Strawberry Smoothie Popsicles

Fill in the blank:

Bronze, silver, and __________

strawberry popsicles

Green? Yes, green. If you hope to win Olympic gold, you’d better start by eating green. And red and orange and yellow. In other words, just eat one of these popsicles.

Each little pop supplies over 50% of the RDA for Vitamin C and gives you a healthy dose of many other vitamins as well.

fruit pops

All while tasting like a smoothie…

In popsicle form!

fruit pops

Strawberry Smoothie Pops

(soy and gluten-free!)

• 1/2 cup sliced pineapple or mango (or banana) (60g)
  • 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (80g)
  • 1/3 cup raw kale or spinach (omit if desired) (15g)
  • 1/4 cup milk or yogurt of choice (60g)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (amount will depend on your tastebuds and also on what type of milk you use. Remember that the frozen product will be much less sweet. Try 1-2 stevia packets or 1-2 tbsp of a sweetener like pure maple syrup.)

Combine everything in a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet until super-smooth. Pour into popsicle molds or paper cups, and insert spoons or popsicle sticks. Enjoy!

View Nutrition Facts

fruit popsicles

Are you watching the Olympics?

I’ve mostly been watching the swimming, diving, and gymnastics, since that’s all they seem to show during prime time tv. The gymnastics floor routine has been one of my favorite Summer Olympic events ever since I watched Dominique Moceanu back in 1996. I don’t like the balance beam, though, as I’m always afraid they’re going to fall off. I can’t even walk on that thing, and these girls are doing flips! Link of the Day:

thin mint brownies

..Thin Mint Brownie Bites

Apparently it’s National “Brownies at Brunch” Day. Not sure why you’re only supposed to eat them at brunch… Who makes up these days, anyway?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Nikki says:

Wow! These look amazing, Katie.

Do you think honey would freeze well in here? I have a hard time getting stevia and I don’t like using refined sugar.

Much love from Germany! 🙂

1. Liz says:

I used honey in CCK’s cookie dough pops, so I think it’d work here too. I’m going to try them today. I have half a thing of strawberries that needs to be used up.

2. They have Stevia at most rewe stores and even Edeka has it quite often. Maybe you can find it?
      For Ice cream, I think honey is not so great because it turns into quite big sugar crystals once it’s frozen…

3. Janin says:

Um, you know that Katie is vegan and that honey is not? Maybe it’s just me, but I find it pretty rude to ask a vegan about the use of a product which contains animal cruelty :/

Besides that, I’m a german too and getting stevia nowadays is damn easy! Rhe next 3 grocery stores around me are Real, Rewe and Netto and all of them do carry it!

1. Michaela says:

actually, I come from Germany, too, but live in London and guess what, my local supermarkets did NOT carry stevia and that was in January this year.
        Nikki, you might want to look up this

2. Nikki says:

Technically I realize that honey is not vegan, however I (as well as many other vegans) consume honey. Besides, I am asking Katie as well as the other commenters.
        There is no need to scrutinize a simple question. I did not mean to be rude. 🙂

1. Oh no no, no worries! I know not everyone is a vegan who reads my site, and I even know that some vegans eat honey. (Well, technically I guess they’re called “beegans” but I think the more important thing is to cause as little harm as possible to others, not to worry about what we call ourselves! ;))

1. Katia says:

Lolz! Do they really call themselves “beegans”? That’s adorable! -imagining people in little bee suits-

2. Ashley Dodge says:

I love gymnastics, archery and swimming!

I’ve been seeing popsicle recipes everywhere and really want to try! I just need to find popsicle sticks. I know it sounds like a silly question, but where in the grocery store do you find them? I’m suspecting the craft aisle.

So pretty! I want to make this recipe! They look so good!

1. I actually got mine at Michaels (craft store). But now that you mention it, I bet they would have popsicle sticks in the craft section of a grocery store.

2. Maybe you could try freezing them in ice cube trays with toothpicks?

3. I’ve been limited to what’s on primetime for the Olympics as well – but I’m really getting into it this summer. In fact, much more than I can remember for Summer Olympics because I usually roll for Winter and figure skating. It’s been a lot of fun though!

I love how these popsicles have spinach in them but they aren’t green!!! I always have wanted to incorporate greens but I can’t stomach the thought of one of those green smoothies I see on lots of blogs. My food must look good too ya know. 😉

4. Tricia says:

Yep! I’m gonna watch the women’s marathon Sunday morning at six! It’s so inspiring!
    These look excellent by the way, I love any sort of frozen strawberries!

5. I love seeing leafy greens pop up in your recipes! Thank you 🙂

6. I prefer to do sport instead of watching it 😉
    Smoothie Popsicles with mango are so great!

7. lauren kelly says:

These look so yummy! The whole family would LOVE them!

8. Lisa says:

Looks great – can’t wait to try!

I ADORE the Olympics – and I am with of the most memorable and favorite Olympic gymnastics floor routines to me was Dominique Moceanu’s routine to “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” in 1996. She was just fabulous.
    Hooray for Team USA 2012 winning Team Gold yesterday! =)

9. Oh yummy! These sound so delish and refreshing!!

10. Yay for Popsicles! Living on the beach with this heat and humidity basically requires I eat at least one a day 🙂

11. Ooh I never realized that freezing makes thing last sweet. Any clue why that is ?

12. Eric Jaffa says:

Originally, gymnasts just walked across the balance beam.

13. Lauren says:

I love watching the Olympics! My favorites are gymnastics and swimming. I don’t get much into anything else, like fencing for example…kinda random. My husband used to wrestle, so that’s one that I wish they’d televise!

14. I love the gymnastics and swimming too! The gymnastics does make me so nervous, though. Can’t be good for the blood pressure! 😉 I may add a little protein powder to my smoothie pop and make it a great after workout snack.

15. GREENS in a POPSICLE! Genius. That’s why they pay you the big bucks, Katie. 😉
    Awesome healthy recipe, thank you. Will be perfect for these terribly hot summer days!!

16. Those look super refreshing! Especially with all of this crazy heat!!!

17. Sandra says:

Last night’s prime time Olympics was great between Phelps’ low and high and the women’s gymnastics. I love the Olympics. I have a question regarding measuring the spinach. Do you mush it down to get 1/3 cup, like brown sugar, or leave it fluffy like flour? It could make a big difference in quantity.

18. Only thing I care about is the Gymnastics! My favorite is the uneven bars. It is crazy how they flip around like that. I remember trying to even jump up onto the lower bar when I was little and I couldnt even do that! lol. So dissapointing that Jordan couldnt compete in the All Around competition. That is crap.

Anyway, these popsicles look yummy and I bet my kids would even eat them 🙂 I will have to make these today!

19. i love a good popsicle! and 50% – awesome!

20. I love the girls gymnastics! I am the same way though. I have to shut my eyes through most of the balance beam routines. I get so nervous for them!!