Fill in the blank:
Bronze, silver, and __________
Green? Yes, green. If you hope to win Olympic gold, you’d better start by eating green. And red and orange and yellow. In other words, just eat one of these popsicles.
Each little pop supplies over 50% of the RDA for Vitamin C and gives you a healthy dose of many other vitamins as well.
All while tasting like a smoothie…
In popsicle form!
Strawberry Smoothie Pops
(soy and gluten-free!)
- 1/2 cup sliced pineapple or mango (or banana) (60g)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (80g)
- 1/3 cup raw kale or spinach (omit if desired) (15g)
- 1/4 cup milk or yogurt of choice (60g)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice, to taste (amount will depend on your tastebuds and also on what type of milk you use. Remember that the frozen product will be much less sweet. Try 1-2 stevia packets or 1-2 tbsp of a sweetener like pure maple syrup.)
Combine everything in a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet until super-smooth. Pour into popsicle molds or paper cups, and insert spoons or popsicle sticks. Enjoy!
Are you watching the Olympics?
I’ve mostly been watching the swimming, diving, and gymnastics, since that’s all they seem to show during prime time tv. The gymnastics floor routine has been one of my favorite Summer Olympic events ever since I watched Dominique Moceanu back in 1996. I don’t like the balance beam, though, as I’m always afraid they’re going to fall off. I can’t even walk on that thing, and these girls are doing flips! Link of the Day:
Apparently it’s National “Brownies at Brunch” Day. Not sure why you’re only supposed to eat them at brunch… Who makes up these days, anyway?