Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Peanut Butter Covered Strawberries

Forget chocolate.

peanut butter strawberries

Okay, no wait.

I didn’t say that!

You didn’t hear that! Don’t ever ever ever forget chocolate. Never ever. NEVER!!!

But maybe…

Maybe just put the chocolate aside for today (or for an hour; however long you can last), and try out this peanut butter twist on the classic chocolate-covered strawberries:

peanut butter covered strawberries

They’re like all-natural peanut butter and jelly bites. Smile

And very stupid-simple to make.

peanut butter strawberries

Peanut Butter Strawberries

(gluten-free and can be sugar-free)

• 4 tbsp peanut butter (or another nut butter, or sunbutter)
  • 1 tsp virgin coconut oil (see “nutrition link” below, for substitution notes)
  • stevia drops to taste, or 1.5 tsp agave or maple syrup
  • fresh strawberries (or bananas, or other foods to dip)

Have a parchment or wax-lined baking sheet ready to go (and clear space in your freezer). Put all ingredients, except berries, in a cereal-sized bowl, and stir until well-combined. If your nut butter is from the fridge, you might need to heat it a little for easier stirring. Dip berries (or bananas, or pretzels, truffles, or whatever you desire), set onto the tray, and immediately freeze. Due to the nature of coconut oil, these are best kept cold.

View Nutrition Info

peanut butter covered strawberries

Maybe, just maybe, you can eat a chocolate bar on the side.

peanut butters

Question of the Day:

What’s your favorite brand of peanut butter?

Or do you prefer something else, like almond butter? I usually buy Whole Foods 365 organic peanut butter: it’s unsweetened, lightly-salted, and cheap enough that I don’t have to feel guilty going through a ton of jars!

Link of the Day:

spaghetti squash pasta

..Spaghetti Squash Lo Mein

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Yum! I don’t really care for strawberries (a texture thing), so I’ll have to try this with truffles or something.

I love peanut butter, but I’d have to say I prefer sunflower seed butter from Trader Joe’s. That stuff is delicious. I could eat a whole jar in one day!

2. Ashley Dodge says:

I never thought about putting peanut butter on strawberries, and it seems like a fabulous change! You’re so creative! 🙂

1. I never thought to do this, either! Although, I have found myself dipping just about everything in PB lately 😉

3. Kathy says:

I can’t wait to make these, but I think after I dip them in peanut butter and allow them to firm, I will dip them also in chocolate. Gotta get the chocolate in somehow, what can I say. Looks delicious!!

1. Ashley says:

That is a great idea!

2. sPeeDeeBee says:

Did you? And…how was it? 😀

4. These look DELISH! I can’t wait to try them and all the ingredients are staples
    I already have!!! 🙂
    -Grace Gilbert

5. Or maybe you should do chocolate AND peanut butter covered strawberries!? 😉

1. I like the way you think 😉 *drools at the thought*

6. You know that’s so simple and seems like duh, but I haven’t ever tried actual strawberries dipped in PB so that is a great call!

7. Do you think this would work with PB2?

1. laura says:

I’m not Katie, of course, but I’m guessing as long as your tastebuds are fine with it, you would be fine.

1. laura says:

You might just need a bit of water or oil, but the coconut butter might be wet enough.

8. Alison says:

Why did I not think of this before?!

9. By the way, I think these would be really good rolled in chocolate chips!

10. Sasha says:

I’m with Kathy (et al), why stop at peanut butter? No need to forget the chocolate!! YUM!

11. Yumm! My favourite is banana and PB 🙂

12. Rachel says:

oo yum! I love Justin’s peanut butter.. soo good haha

13. Jamie says:

I’m obsessed with Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. It’s so good I almost can’t mix it into anything and just have to eat it off the spoon…

14. Jenny says:

An all natural danich brand from Irma.

I want to dip chocolate cookies in the dip

1. Jenny says:

ohh, please make pb chips, in Denmark they are so expencive because they are importet.

15. Jasmin says:

Ummm…. such an obvious idea yet I’ve never thought of it before! I love cashew butter at the moment…. and to think I never even knew it existed until a few weeks ago!

16. Laura says:

My favorite lightened-up brands of peanut butter are PB2 (which comes in powdered form and really cuts the calories by avoiding the oil) and Better ‘N Peanut Butter (which only has 100 cals per 2 tbsp instead of 200). You can find them both at Whole Foods!

1. Sarah says:

I love these too! They are amazing products!

17. Alan says:

mmm these sound yummy and as others have said I think a double dip with chocolate could be quite good.

Personally I don’t buy actual Peanut Butter, I get Bulk Peanuts and make Peanut Butter myself in my food processor. I get DRY Roasted Peanuts, which I think gives it the best taste without added oil from most roasted nuts out there. When I make my own I don’t add a single thing, no salt, no oil, no sweetener.
    I have made quite a few butters in this matter; Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter, Almond Butter and Sun flower Butter. I would like to try making Hazelnut Butter but im worried about the density of the nut and also I’ve been thinking about trying Soy Nuts.

1. Liz says:

Hazelnut Butter is yummy and you should try Chocolate-Covered Katie’s Nutella recipe…it’s in our fridge now and it is DELICIOUS!

1. Homemade Roasted Pecan Butter is to die for! I make it all the time and my family cannot get enough!

18. Marianne says:

Hi Katie! Soooo do you eat these guys frozen then? My bf and I have very sensitive teeth and I would definitely want to try making these for him, but wouldn’t be able to serve them frozen. Does the peanut butter remain hard after you take them out of the freezer? Can I keep them in the fridge instead?

Would dipping them in another layer of chocolate after doing the peanut butter keep the peanut butter dip from getting too soft if served at fridge temperature?

Thanks 🙂 P.S. LOVE your site.

1. Jules says:

Omg, peanut butter and then chocolate on top of that sounds AMAZING i have to try that, great idea!!

19. I can’t actually eat peanut butter anymore, but… Smucker’s Organic Creamy was my favorite. That, or making my own!

That reminds me, you should totally make a healthified buckeye recipe! That drippy peanut butter just looks similar… Haha 🙂