Chocolate Chip Everything Bars

Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Bars: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/04/19/chocolate-chip-everything-bars/

These bars have a little bit of everything.

Soft and gooey, delightfully chewy. And very chocolatey!

Filled with all sorts of delicious & wholesome ingredients, like oats and berries, and chocolate chips. These chocolate chip oatmeal bars are just the thing for people who don’t want to choose; for people who want to have it all.

Bean Blondies

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/04/19/chocolate-chip-everything-bars/

Chocolate Chip Everything Bars

(makes 12-16)

Adapted from White Bean Blondies.

• 1/4 cup rolled or quick oats (20g)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut (regular or reduced-fat) (15g)
  • 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans or white beans, drained and rinsed (250g after draining)
  • 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar or evaporated cane juice (40g)
  • 2 NuNaturals stevia packets, or omit and increase sugar to 1/2 cup
  • 3 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil (30g) (I can’t vouch for the resulting taste if you omit this or sub something in its place.)
  • 2 tbsp applesauce (30g)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (8g)
  • 3-5 tbsp chocolate chips, plus more for the top
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (30g)
  • 1/2 cup freeze-dried berries (28g)(or dry fruit such as raisins)

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8×8 square pan. Combine the first 11 ingredients in a food processor (not a blender), and blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Stir in the remaining three ingredients, transfer to the pan, and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top, very lightly pressing them down into the batter. Bake 30 minutes, then let cool completely before cutting into chocolate chip squares or chocolate chip bars. For troubleshooting, see the FAQ page at the top of my blog; and feel free to make changes to the recipe, but at your own risk.

View Chocolate Chip Bars Nutrition Facts

Bean Blondies

Link of the Day:

healthy banana recipes
15 Healthy Banana Recipes

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Sunnie@naturallyparadise.wordpress.com says:

Awesome! I actually made chocolate chip cookies the other day . . .
    I ended up adding cinnamon, orange extract, and about a million different kinds of dried fruit and nuts to them. They were like trail-mix cookies! :)

All that to say, I don’t enjoy having to choose just one thing . . . unless there are only a couple choices. :)

2. Lisa says:

I mus† admit the thought to adding beans to my baked goods slightly throws me off, I guess I’d have to try it before I make a decision though!
    I hate making decisions so much, I always ask my parents or friends to just make decisions for me…which includes what I study in school haha. Yah, it’s not so good, I just am such a worrier.

1. If you use white beans, especially homecooked white beans, you really won’t taste them! =)

2. Sunnie says:

I second this! I made the cookie dough pie (Katie’s recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/), and it was insane – even my brother and sister (who don’t like weird ingredients ha-ha) ate it up! :)

3. tammy says:

i really hate garbanzo beans but tried them in the cookie pie recipe and make it all the time try once and you can decide. i us a little more sugar as well to cut back on the taste but so good in the end

3. Jessica Piekenbrock says:

I agree I have the worst time making decisions when there are a lot of choices because I don’t like feeling like I missed out on something lol.
    I can’t wait to try these, I have some leftover chickpeas (I had a craving for some of your cookie dough dips lol) that are just screaming for me to make this recipe! :)

4. Love these! My husband loves your blondies already. I am sure these will be a hit too!

5. Danielle says:

Katie, these look really great! I want to make them this weekend!

6. Tanner says:

I hate making decisions! I always ask my parents to make them for me. Even about stupid things like cookies or muffins for dessert 😉 Oh, and grocery stores! I could spend HOURS in one! There are so many choices; brands, ingredients, sizes, it takes me forever! I do love grocery stores, though :) and it looks like I’m gonna get to go to one today so I can make these! Yay!

7. These are filled with so much goodness! Yum!

8. These look delicious, thinking about making these for a soon to be girl get together!

9. Anne says:

Do you think you could leave out the coconut? Should I sub something for it?

Thanks!

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

I would think you’d need to add extra sweetener. Texture-wise, it shouldn’t be a problem.

10. Tiffany says:

Hi Katie,

Great recipe! Can’t wait to try it!

Do you know when your site will be ready to view on mobile phones? Because it does not work on my phone…I have to zoom out a lot to be able to see everything. Thanks! :)

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

I think the only issue is that you need to “squish” it by pulling in with your fingers, right?

1. Anonymous says:

Yes lol :) but sometimes when you do that it’s hard to read what you wrote.

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

I guess I’m confused as to how it is supposed to look to be “correct.” (I’m very behind on the i technology and don’t actually own an iphone.) Unfortunately, my designer says she doesn’t know how to change the way it currently looks.
          But out of curiosity, do you have an example of a site (any site) that does look “correct” on an iphone? That way I can look at it and understand better what people mean when they say they want my site to look good on an iphone :).

1. Tiffany says:

Hi Katie,

I am so sorry, you are right. I just checked another blog on my phone and the layout is pretty much the same. I always read blog in my reader and I guess i never noticed until I clicked yours. sorry about that! My sincerest apologies. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for all the delicious recipes.

2. CCK says:

No no, not a problem at all! I always want to know if something is acting strange with my blog.
            If you DO ever find a blog that looks good in a mobile version, please do send me the link. I really am curious! :)

11. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

I like my choices…malls don’t faze me one bit, and I can’t think of a store that does. Except for IKEA. What a time sucker.
    BTW- I am so making these tomorrow. Umm (I hesitate to ask this), but are these fine without the chocolate chips? I don’t have any on hand, and I just polished off a bag of those Brookside chocolate covered acai things. man, those would have been awesome. And the weather is so gloomy I just can’t justify the 1.4 mile walk to Giant’s. Thanks!

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

I would add some extra coconut and maybe some raisins for extra sweetness.

12. I’m absolutely horrible at making decisions. Especially in shoe stores. I pretty much hate shoe shopping. My mom “forced” me last year to pick out a few really nice pairs of shoes at a Bass Outlet and it took me forever. Try 1.5 hours. If I were the friend who came along with us I would hate me. :)

I’ve wondered how you’ve adapted your bean blondies… And now I know! I always thought it would be so cool to make a cake, cupcake, muffins, bread, or something like that, out of chickpeas/black beans. Have you ever tried to adapt your blondies to other types of baked goods?

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

Haha yes… the deep dish cookie pie, the cinnamon roll pie… the recipe works well as cookies, too.

1. Lol. Well ya… Those are all awesome. I was thinking some type of banana bread made with the basis of this recipe would be delicious. :)

13. Gabrielle says:

You convince me every day that beans are magical.

14. Anonymous says:

I feel like I get so limited choices dining out, that I LOVE when I go to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant and can order anythign on the menu 😉

These bars sound GREAT! I love quick snacks packed full of nutrients.

15. Laurene says:

Hi Katie!

Perfect weather here in Canada to make these and with 3 teenage boys heading home, this is on my list of to-do’s!!

Would it be possible to add protein powder to these? My kids are extremely active and I love adding some protein where ever I can :)

Thanks for your most amazing blog. I love it and tell everyone I can about it!

Regards
    Laurene

1. CCK says:

Sorry, I haven’t tried so I really can’t say!

16. Where do you get your freeze dried berries from? I have trouble finding them in stores. These look super yummy. I know what you mean about having too many choices. As much as I love restaurants with big menus, I always have to read the menu ahead of time because it takes me forever to decide!

1. Torie says:

I’ve seen freeze dried berries at Whole Foods. Trader Joe’s might be a good place to look as well.

2. Mel says:

I have actually found freeze dried fruit at my local Wal Mart. It’s in two different spots; with the dried fruit and on the top shelf in the cereal aisle above the natural/organic cereals. Hope this helps!

17. Chelsea says:

Hello,

These look so good. Do you think I could swap the walnuts or pecans for some other nuts? Maybe chopped almonds? I am allergic to walnuts and pecans, but I really want to try this. :)

Thanks

1. cck says:

I don’t see why not, but I haven’t tried.

18. Rowena says:

These look delicious, thank you! Have you ever used garbanzo bean flour? I have a bag of it, and am looking for ways to work it into baked goods.

1. cck says:

This is my favorite recipe with garbanzo flour: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/10/11/eggy-breakfast-bread/

If you google search, I know other bloggers have quiche recipes and omelet recipes as well.

19. Oh my gosh, these look AMAZING!!!!! Katie, you are the best!!! <3

20. Wow look at all of those healthy ingredients in that dessert! Awesome. They look delicious. :)