Super healthy strawberry oatmeal bars – with naturally sweet strawberry filling between layers of buttery oatmeal crumble!
❤ Soft and wholesome strawberry oatmeal bars, made with pantry staple ingredients!
These classic homemade oatmeal bars are perfect to serve for a healthy breakfast, snack, or a light dessert.
The oats give the bars a deliciously chewy texture, and the natural sweetness of the strawberries lets you use much less sugar than you’d normally use in a bar recipe.
Add a touch of cinnamon, and these strawberry bars are almost impossible to resist!
Also Try This Vegan Brownies Recipe
The bars are perfect for:
Or for no reason at all!
Above – watch the video how to make strawberry oatmeal bars.
To show how easy they are to make, I posted a quick video above.
Actually, making the video was more difficult than making the bars. I might have this baking thing down, but in terms of videography, I definitely still have a lot to learn!
The bars are yummy on their own, but I always think that strawberries go so well with coconut.
So since you now know how to make coconut butter, feel free to spread some on top of each oatmeal bar if your heart desires.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup quick or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt, white, or oat flour
- 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon, salt, and baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar, unrefined if desired
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice, or pinch uncut stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir in the oil, then very firmly press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan, reserving the remaining dough. In a separate bowl, stir berries, starch, and 1 tbsp sweetener. Press this on top of the dough in the pan, then sprinkle the reserved dough on top. Press down very firmly again. Bake 35 minutes on the center rack. Let cool, then refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting, as they firm up considerably. Eat plain, or top with melted coconut butter, frosting, or a basic powdered sugar glaze.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Recipes:
Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Oil Free)