Fairytale Fruit & Yogurt Smoothies

Healthy fruit smoothie ideas from @choccoveredkt... nutritious smoothies you can make in minutes, includes recipes for different flavors: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/05/17/fairytale-fruit-yogurt-smoothie-flavors/

Once upon a time, there was a princess.

A pink princess.

smoothie drinks fruit smoothies

Not to mention a green frog prince, purple dragon, ugly duckling, white unicorn… If you couldn’t tell, I’ve had too much fun writing the post and healthy smoothie recipes for today. Smile

wand wand

Entirely too much fun.

Fairytale Fruit & Yogurt Smoothies

You will need the following:

• frozen fruit
  • 1/2 cup liquid (or more for a thinner smoothie)
  • 6 oz yogurt of choice (such as Wholesoy or So Delicious)
  • sweetener of choice, to taste

Flavors: Fruit Smoothie Recipes

1. Purple Dragon: Use 1 cup frozen blueberries as your fruit and 1/2 cup orange juice for the liquid.
  2. White Unicorn: Use 1 large (over-ripe) banana for the fruit and 1/2 cup milk of choice for the liquid.
  3. Goldilocks: Use 1 cup frozen mango for the fruit and 1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice for the liquid.
  4. Pink Princess: Use 1 cup frozen raspberries as your fruit and 1/2 cup milk of choice (such as almond milk) for the liquid.
  5. Green Frog Prince: Use 1 large (over-ripe) banana as your fruit, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, and add a handful of spinach or kale leaves. Optional: you can also add just a tiny pinch of spirulina.
  6. Magic Fairy: Use 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, and any tropical-flavor yogurt. Sprinkle fairy dust on top (such as acai powder or homemade sprinkles)
  7. Ugly Duckling: Throw all the leftover frozen fruit (to equal 1 cup) you can find into a blender with 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder, your liquid of choice, and your yogurt, and see what comes out. Add a few spinach or kale leaves for maximum ugliness!

View Fruit Smoothie Nutrition Facts

fruit smoothies

Kid-Friendly Activity:

Let your kids customize their own fairytale fruit smoothie by choosing a favorite cartoon or Disney character and brainstorming what smoothie ingredients would best fit that character, based on personality, physical traits, location, etc. For example, a Snow White smoothie might use all white ingredients… and it would stay far away from apples! A Cinderella smoothie might use pumpkin (the princess’s ride of choice). For a 101 Dalmations smoothie, throw in some chocolate chips.

Question of the Day: What would be your fairytale smoothie flavor?

mounds bars
Link of the Day: Homemade Mounds Bars

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Abigail says:

Hey katie! I love you blog and I love all your vegan treats!
    Just wondering if you have ever researched/written about GMO ingredients or Monsanto? I totally think an informative post on GMO would be perfect coming from you! <3

2. Sunnie says:

Cute idea! I absolutely love kids (can’t wait to have my own someday!), and I like doing fun activities with kids that I babysit. Great – and healthy! – idea. 🙂 These would make yummy frozen pops, too . . .

3. Peggy says:

What a deliciously cute idea!

4. Love Love Love the Fairy Tale smoothie concept! What a great way to remove the fear from trying your own combinations in the kitchen. 101 Dalmations smoothie – genius!

We have been making smoothies like crazy to use up frozen fruit from last summer – soon it will be time to restock. This layered smoothie we made makes me think of the Cheshire Cat – how he vanishes except for his stripes LOL. What do you think?

We love your blog!

5. Susan says:

You’ve got some nice ideas here. My favorites would be the Goldilocks and the Pink Princess. I would choose to add protein powder to make these work for breakfast. I’m glad you had fun doing this – we will surely have fun trying them.

6. Elizabeth says:

Great Idea Katie! Crazy Question, But Where Do You Get Your Straws??

1. I think those are either from the Asian market or from Bed Bath Beyond.

7. Megan says:

These look and sound delicious!! Do you think this would work with a food processor rather than a blender?

8. I would change the ugly duckling to the ugly ogre… Like Shrek! Haha. 😀

Hmm… You seem to have all of your bases covered. Great idea Katie!

9. Jessica says:

I used to do an Avocado Pineapple smoothie post-workout before my good blender died. Of course I’m also very, very fond of the chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie.

10. Oooh, these are so pretty. I hope I have a girl someday just so I can make her like these. She WILL like them.

11. Danielle says:

These all sound great! I love making smoothies, especially during the summertime.
    – Danielle

12. Anonymous says:

Those smoothies are so pretty! Would it work to use fresh instead of frozen fruit in the smoothies?

1. Anna says:

I’m sure you can, but you would probably have to add ice to make it thicker

13. heidi Lynn says:

Very clever and fun! How about one with banana as the frozen fruit, but also use pumpkin and pie spice and call it Cinderella’s Coach.

1. Kathy says:

What a great idea!!! So cute.

14. Kayla Marie says:

I just want to say thank you for keeping all your recipes FREE! I get so many advertisements from other vegan bloggers, so it’s AWESOME to only get healthy, yummy, vegan recipes from you! Thank you! 🙂

15. Jey says:

Hi Katie. I am an almost 13 year old lover of food. I follow a bunch of blogs but yours is definitely my hands down favorite. Please come up with a recipe for lemon bars that don’t require tofu.
    Thanks for all your awesome posts.
    P.S. If I give you my blog address will you follow me? I obviously know you can’t follow everyone since that would make you sit in front of the computer for hours:]

16. A. Cook says:

Loving the kid-friendly activity idea!! Too cute.

17. trajayjay says:

Hmm, I get the impression that you were feeling very nostalgic when you made this recipe.

18. zan says:

LOL about the maximum ugliness! Fun ideas-I love smoothies. Thanks

19. Kathy says:

So funny you should write a post about naming smoothies! I definitely do this, especially when the smoothie doesn’t look all that appetizing ha! For example, I made a smoothie with all of these wonderful foods like blueberries, spinach, banana, and kiwi. Needless to say, it turned out to be a dark brown color with lots of “spots” from the kiwi seeds. I gave it the name, “Fierce Dragon” due to its looks and loads of flavor!

20. Leisel says:

Thanks for these! I’ve been trying to add some smoothies to our family menu, but having a hard time getting the ingredients right. This is perfect! Thank you!