Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Fairytale Fruit & Yogurt Smoothie Flavors

The Top 8 Healthy Smoothies – quick, easy, and delicious smoothie recipes for both kids and adults that will satisfy your cravings for dessert in a much healthier way. For the full recipes: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/05/17/fairytale-fruit-yogurt-smoothie-flavors/

Once upon a time, there was a princess.

A pink princess.

smoothie drinks fruit smoothies

Not to mention a green frog prince, purple dragon, ugly duckling, white unicorn… If you couldn’t tell, I’ve had too much fun writing the post and healthy smoothie recipes for today. Smile

wand wand

Entirely too much fun.

Fairytale Fruit & Yogurt Smoothies

You will need the following:

• frozen fruit
  • 1/2 cup liquid (or more for a thinner smoothie)
  • 6 oz yogurt of choice (such as Wholesoy or So Delicious)
  • sweetener of choice, to taste

Flavors: Fruit Smoothie Recipes

1. Purple Dragon: Use 1 cup frozen blueberries as your fruit and 1/2 cup orange juice for the liquid.
  2. White Unicorn: Use 1 large (over-ripe) banana for the fruit and 1/2 cup milk of choice for the liquid.
  3. Goldilocks: Use 1 cup frozen mango for the fruit and 1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice for the liquid.
  4. Pink Princess: Use 1 cup frozen raspberries as your fruit and 1/2 cup milk of choice (such as almond milk) for the liquid.
  5. Green Frog Prince: Use 1 large (over-ripe) banana as your fruit, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, and add a handful of spinach or kale leaves. Optional: you can also add just a tiny pinch of spirulina.
  6. Magic Fairy: Use 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, and any tropical-flavor yogurt. Sprinkle fairy dust on top (such as acai powder or homemade sprinkles)
  7. Ugly Duckling: Throw all the leftover frozen fruit (to equal 1 cup) you can find into a blender with 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder, your liquid of choice, and your yogurt, and see what comes out. Add a few spinach or kale leaves for maximum ugliness!

View Fruit Smoothie Nutrition Facts

fruit smoothies

Kid-Friendly Activity:

Let your kids customize their own fairytale fruit smoothie by choosing a favorite cartoon or Disney character and brainstorming what smoothie ingredients would best fit that character, based on personality, physical traits, location, etc. For example, a Snow White smoothie might use all white ingredients… and it would stay far away from apples! A Cinderella smoothie might use pumpkin (the princess’s ride of choice). For a 101 Dalmations smoothie, throw in some chocolate chips.

Question of the Day: What would be your fairytale smoothie flavor?

mounds bars
Link of the Day: Homemade Mounds Bars

1. Abigail says:

Hey katie! I love you blog and I love all your vegan treats!
    Just wondering if you have ever researched/written about GMO ingredients or Monsanto? I totally think an informative post on GMO would be perfect coming from you! <3

2. Sunnie says:

Cute idea! I absolutely love kids (can’t wait to have my own someday!), and I like doing fun activities with kids that I babysit. Great – and healthy! – idea. :) These would make yummy frozen pops, too . . .

3. Peggy says:

What a deliciously cute idea!

4. Love Love Love the Fairy Tale smoothie concept! What a great way to remove the fear from trying your own combinations in the kitchen. 101 Dalmations smoothie – genius!

We have been making smoothies like crazy to use up frozen fruit from last summer – soon it will be time to restock. This layered smoothie we made makes me think of the Cheshire Cat – how he vanishes except for his stripes LOL. What do you think?

We love your blog!

5. Susan says:

You’ve got some nice ideas here. My favorites would be the Goldilocks and the Pink Princess. I would choose to add protein powder to make these work for breakfast. I’m glad you had fun doing this – we will surely have fun trying them.

6. Elizabeth says:

Great Idea Katie! Crazy Question, But Where Do You Get Your Straws??

1. I think those are either from the Asian market or from Bed Bath Beyond.

7. Megan says:

These look and sound delicious!! Do you think this would work with a food processor rather than a blender?

8. I would change the ugly duckling to the ugly ogre… Like Shrek! Haha. 😀

Hmm… You seem to have all of your bases covered. Great idea Katie!

9. Jessica says:

I used to do an Avocado Pineapple smoothie post-workout before my good blender died. Of course I’m also very, very fond of the chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie.

10. Oooh, these are so pretty. I hope I have a girl someday just so I can make her like these. She WILL like them.

11. Danielle says:

These all sound great! I love making smoothies, especially during the summertime.
    – Danielle

12. Anonymous says:

Those smoothies are so pretty! Would it work to use fresh instead of frozen fruit in the smoothies?

1. Anna says:

I’m sure you can, but you would probably have to add ice to make it thicker

13. heidi Lynn says:

Very clever and fun! How about one with banana as the frozen fruit, but also use pumpkin and pie spice and call it Cinderella’s Coach.

1. Kathy says:

What a great idea!!! So cute.

14. Kayla Marie says:

I just want to say thank you for keeping all your recipes FREE! I get so many advertisements from other vegan bloggers, so it’s AWESOME to only get healthy, yummy, vegan recipes from you! Thank you! :)

15. Jey says:

Hi Katie. I am an almost 13 year old lover of food. I follow a bunch of blogs but yours is definitely my hands down favorite. Please come up with a recipe for lemon bars that don’t require tofu.
    Thanks for all your awesome posts.
    P.S. If I give you my blog address will you follow me? I obviously know you can’t follow everyone since that would make you sit in front of the computer for hours:]

16. A. Cook says:

Loving the kid-friendly activity idea!! Too cute.

17. Kathy says:

So funny you should write a post about naming smoothies! I definitely do this, especially when the smoothie doesn’t look all that appetizing ha! For example, I made a smoothie with all of these wonderful foods like blueberries, spinach, banana, and kiwi. Needless to say, it turned out to be a dark brown color with lots of “spots” from the kiwi seeds. I gave it the name, “Fierce Dragon” due to its looks and loads of flavor!

18. trajayjay says:

Hmm, I get the impression that you were feeling very nostalgic when you made this recipe.

19. zan says:

LOL about the maximum ugliness! Fun ideas-I love smoothies. Thanks

20. Those smoothies look delicious! Throw a scoop of protein powder and make it a awesome post workout recovery shake!

21. Mark says:

I can see how young girls would enjoy the theme of this healthy food. A great way to educate and motivate them.

22. Leisel says:

Thanks for these! I’ve been trying to add some smoothies to our family menu, but having a hard time getting the ingredients right. This is perfect! Thank you!

23. Alanna says:

What a fun post! I love all the pretty colors and creative flavor combinations you came up with. :) I need to remember to freeze some fruit the next time I have a bunch on hand!

24. What about the princess and the pea? I wouldn’t want to have a pea in a smoothie, but I’m sure of anyone you could think of something it could be 😉

25. Carolyn says:

2 potential ideas:

sugar plum fairy: use 2 small plums as fruit of choice. if you like colder smoothies, freeze yogurt a bit and use that.
    the three bears: blend raw oats into the basic smoothie. add honey to taste.

1. bakemeaballerina says:

So cute! Three little bears sound especially good…. Dont you wish there was a cck teddy bear graham recipe??? 😉

26. Liz says:

This post is so cute! Totally brightened my chilly, rainy morning!

27. coffeediva says:

Oh my gosh – these are so cute and fun and perfect for princesses (both little and big). I’m going to forward on to my daughter-in-law who loves smoothies and has a daughter who would love the beautiful colors. Thank you for sharing this post. It’s excellent! Have a great weekend :-)

28. The names of these smoothies are so fun! I love making smoothies in the summer. I almost always add spinach to mine so they always end up a nasty green/brown color.

29. Andrea Ricks says:

Hi Katie…just wanted to let you know that I think you have a link that’s not working. When I tried to go to your Cinnamon Bun Frosting recipe (several times and from several spots), it always sends me to Cheesecake Pancakes. Thanks for the great site…I’m having trouble deciding what to make–it all looks and sounds so delicious!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Hi, I’m not Katie, but I think that recipe ties in with the pancake link, so it’s correct.

30. Anonymous says:

Such a great and cute idea! love this theme

31. This is such a cute post! My fairytale smoothie flavor would be called “The Evil Step Sisters” ~ spinach, kale, and blackberries :)

32. What a cute concept! Love it. The smoothies look great, too.

33. Melissa says:

This is such a fun idea! My 4 year old is not a big smoothie drinker, but she is SO excited to try these. She can’t wait to have a “pink princess” smoothie. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

34. This post is adorable, Katie! I love, love, love it! I’ll definitely be trying all of these! 😀

35. Amanda says:

Yesterday I had a bright green smoothie with purple sprinkles (little mermaid) and today i had an all red smoothie with a red umbrella (mulan). Im having way too much fun with this. Thank u katie and thank u vitamix!

36. Chrissy says:

This is sooooooooooooooooo cute :)

37. Lisa @bitesforbabies says:

What a brilliant idea or kids! Thank goodness my son is such a good eater..I can literally saw, “you’re having rapini for dinner” and he says “ok!” Lol! Needles to say, his smoothies do not come with funky names 😉

38. nessa says:

These look super yummy and healthy too! I would like to try a Jasmine one, maybe with exotic spices.

39. Anonymous says:

I just made the White Unicorn with unsweetened almond milk & vanilla Greek yogurt. It was deliciousness!!!!

40. Aja says:

I love it! That’s so cute and creative.

41. jessica says:

Pretty Birthday Princess Surprise: ice, kale, oatmeal, cookie dough batter dip and 1 cup of rainbow sprinkles.

42. Dawn says:

I made an orange cranberry smoothie. I peeled and sectioned and orange and froze it overnight. Then I added two tablespoons of cranberry sauce and followed your directions above using milk for the liquid (but I only used 1/4 cup). At the end i decided to add in a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of ground ginger. It turned out really good! I think if I do it again, I will add only one tablespoon of cranberry sauce as I couldn’t taste the orange as much as the cranberry. Maybe also zest the orange before I peel it and save zest to add in. Thank you so much for this recipe. I am going to use it often! -Dawn

43. Jeffery says:

I’m going to have to pick 2 fairytale smoothy flavor. Because I love both of these, I am going to go with the White Unicorn and the Goldilocks, probably with the Goldilocks just above the White Unicorn. My wife is Filipino, and introduced me to Mango’s. Now I can’t get enough and wonder where they have been all my life. Can’t wait to try these smoothies.

44. Kendall says:

Made a smoothie based off of the pink princess…used fresh strawberries and a cup of ice with vanilla Greek yogurt and silk almond milk….so delicious!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe!

45. Alyssa B says:

This is totally how I make my smoothies! I don’t like ice in them, it just melts and waters it down. The yogurt gives a smoothie a great texture, too.
    I think most of my smoothies end up being ugly ducklings. I throw in whatever random fruit I find in the freezer.
    I do have a tip, I save the juice from canned fruit (the kind canned in juice, not syrup!) and freeze it specifically to use in smoothies since I don’t usually have juice in the fridge.

1. Gail says:

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that.

46. Kumar says:

Is there a recipe with frozen strawberries? Or in the Pink Princess recipe could I use frozen strawberries instead of frozen raspberries?

47. Jen says:

Super cute activity for creative little minds! Plus I just love the recipe suggestions.

48. Ginny says:

I’m going to try and make an apple one tomorrow! I’m going to call it the Mirror Mirror :)

49. Mauri says:

What a creative way to not only get kids to drink healthy options, but to get them involved in the kitchen. Family fun for sure!

50. Robin says:

So…we tried #’s 1, 3, 4, and 5 today (one for each of my kids and one for myself)…and they were a hit! I usually nicely make them :) drink green smoothies (aka, smoothies with spinach or kale) and they don’t always go over well. My pickiest one loved the Pink Princess, yay! Can’t wait to try the rest! Thank you for the recipes!

51. Lenore says:

I love the names you came up with for the smoothies. I can’t wait to make these for my Granddaughter. She will think they are even better because of the names and pretty colors. I will definitely give you the kudos you deserve as the creator, because I know my Granddaughter will brag about the special smoothie she had. I also think the color combination of smoothies you chose for the pictures is perfectly alluring. They say “Look at me, you know you want to make me.” You ROCK Katie!!

52. susan says:

Sounds like a good way to get the kids(me) to drink a smoothie that is good for you :)

53. Adrianna says: