How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Chocolate Chip Cookies

There are times when you just need a cookie NOW.

Today’s recipe yields two big cookies, similar in taste and texture to the ones you’d buy at the mall, but much healthier! The cookies come together almost instantly—no stand mixer needed, and no rolling out dozens of cookie dough balls. These are super soft and gooey, straight out of the oven!

Cookies for Two Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Share with a friend, or eat one now and keep the other one for later. There’s nothing like going through the day knowing a soft chocolate chip cookie is waiting for you at home!

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Category: Healthy Cookies.

• 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp spelt or all-purpose flour (or 4 tbsp oat flour) (30g)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • scant 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp coconut sugar (or regular brown sugar)
  • 2 tsp evaporated cane juice (or regular sugar)
  • 3-4 tsp chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp coconut or vegetable oil (14g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp milk of choice

Preheat a toaster oven to 325 degrees F, or a regular oven to 350, and grease a tray. In a cereal bowl, combine first six ingredients and stir extremely well. Add wet, and stir to form a dough. Break dough into two equal balls (or 4 balls, if you’d prefer smaller cookies), and smush into cookie shapes. Place cookies with some space between them, as they will grow as they cook. Bake 11 minutes in the toaster, or 7-8 minutes in an oven. They should still be a little undercooked when you take them out, so let them sit 5 minutes before removing from the tray.

Click for: Chocolate Chip Cookie Nutrition Information

How to make chocolate chip cookies for two people.

Question of the Day:

Do you have a  favorite “tried and true” chocolate chip cookie recipe?

In terms of how to make chocolate chip cookies, everyone seems to have a different idea about what makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Some people like soft cookies, some prefer crispy cookies. Some swear by adding cornstarch to their chocolate chip cookies. I’ve never tried it, but supposedly it makes the cookies extra chewy. For a bigger-batch recipe, I use my recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies, which yields cookies that are somehow chewy, soft, and crispy all at the same time!

Link of the Day:

nutella fudge pops
……………………….Nutella Fudge Pops

Tags: , , ,

1. Sara K. says:

Yes!! I had found another recipe for two chocolate chip cookies (which I haven’t gotten around to trying yet), but I was hoping you would make one without eggs! Thanks Katie!

2. I love big cookies that are bigger than my mouth 😀

3. Lisa says:

Definitely the perfect serving.
    I always like single recipes…well, for one since I’m single;)
    another, I think they’re more fun that way because you can make different flavors all the time that way.
    I honestly can’t even remember the last chocolate chip cookie I had, so I’m not sure if there’s a tried and true method for me…mostly anything with dark chocolate is good enough for me.

4. Love this!! Having an entire pan of cookies laying around the house is definitely dangerous. I have no willpower against baked goodies so I will definitely take advantage of this one.

5. Nessa says:

Oooh….cookies! Love this 🙂

6. Nicole says:

This is perfect for my picnic date I have planned for tonight :D. Gourmet Mac n’ Cheese, with two perfect cookies for dessert? Can’t wait to make them!

7. Samantha says:

Out of curiosity, have you tried substituting stevia or truvia for the plain sugar?

1. Julie says:

I made these tonight with a couple substitutions..
      no sugar(well, no ACTUAL sugar..)
      used stevia(about 2/3 of a little packet)
      and I used 6 tbsps of sweetened(thus some sugar) shredded coconut
      I also used coconut milk, and doubled the recipe.

AND…I baked them on the bbq! 😉 they turned out heavenly! 🙂

1. Louisa says:

Baked on BBQ? How did that happen? I would love to try that sometime, just because my little toaster oven can only bake around 6 of these cookies at once.

8. Sandy says:

Place them in a toaster!? You mean the same thing I use to toast bread? If yes, that would be amazing! Better than wasting energy heating up my oven just for 2 cookies
    I try not to waste energy 🙂
    P.s. I live in Australia so we might be using different terminology

1. Terri Cole says:

I’m pretty sure that’s supposed to be toaster OVEN!

1. Yes, sorry for the typo 😕

9. Those cookies look perfect! Yum!

10. Am says:

Thanks for this recipe! It was great to make only 2 cookies! I didn’t have any chocolate chips (*gasp*), so I used pecans instead. Delicious!

1. Thank you so much for trying them so quickly! 🙂

11. Oh these are PERFECT for my husband and me. There’s so many times that we want a chocolate chip cookie, but don’t want a few dozen of them around the house. Looks great!

12. Alanna says:

I’ve always preferred my cookies to be a little crispy… not the hard, chip-a-tooth-and-crumbs-fall-everywhere type, but with a slight crust to the outside and chewy on the inside. I know lots of people love the still gooey cookies straight from the oven, but not me. I do love the idea of doing these in a toaster oven, though! It always seems like a waste of electricity to heat up my huge oven for a small batch of baked goods, so the toaster oven is perfect. Sadly I don’t have one, but my boyfriend does! 🙂

13. Kaylee says:

I like GOOEY cookies . . . My dad makes the best. I have no idea what he does but no matter how many times I watch him and use the exact same recipe, mine never turn out the same . . . It’s not just taste either, his are gooey thick goodness. Mine are are flat and crispy . . . and though my husband loves flat and crispy I do not . . . 🙂

14. Susan says:

I love this concept. They would make a great snack for probably everyone but me – I usually get hungry too fast when I eat snacks that are mostly carb, and since my snack calorie allowance is 200, I couldn’t really add protein. I will save this recipe, though, because I know these cookies would make my husband happy. And I might find a way to add protein powder and then just eat less. 🙂

15. Hannah @ TalesFromTheLastFrontier says:

Love this! Sometimes I just want to whip up a quick cookie for the hubby and I. Such a good idea! Personally, I don’t have a go-to cookie recipe. Probably because I am still experimenting with dessert recipes and am still having so much fun trying out different ones 🙂

16. Laura Miller says:

These look really good!

I’m not exactly vegan, so my tried and true recipe does contain eggs, but no butter. I use basically the toll house cookie recipe with a few of my own twists, one of them being vegetable shortening. They come out super soft and fudgey and gooey, and they stay soft for a solid week!(Maybe more, we’ve never been able to test it though…) So yeah, we like soft cookies in my house. We also use the big scoops(like, muffin scoops) for the dough. The bigger the cookies, the better they seem to cook. Everyone says the cookies look HUGE, but they don’t look all that much bigger to me.

17. Suzanne says:

Looks great! All I need now is a friend to share it with- shouldn’t be hard to find!

18. Carley says:

Oo this is perfect for me while hubby eats his kind 😉

19. Tiffany says:

Hey Katie,

Happy First day of summer! I promised you that if I came across a blog with a good mobile phone layout I would let you know. I found one that might be perfect for you 🙂 Check out http://www.neverhomemaker.com

The layout is great, you don’t have to zoom in or out. The blog is perfectly centered for the phone and the writing is large. I’ve also seen similar blogs that enable a drop down menu where you can click and go through the different categories on your blog (such as recipes, about, FAQ.)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1. I will have to check it out next time I’m by a mobile phone (I don’t actually have an iphone). I have a friend who’s agreed to help me with some technical stuff… maybe he can help!

20. CP says:

Love most of your recipes Katie, (maybe I’m the only non-fan of cookie dough and colored sprinkles?) would you consider adding a “print” button like other websites that offer great recipes do? I’m not printing on paper but would love to save your recipes for later in a doc to use when I’m not online. Most print functions on other pages allow you to save a doc without all of the extras that are on a page- they would include your logo, recipe, a photo and nutritional info, but not the adverts and comments. Thanks for considering this-

1. Hi CP,
      I am working on it. The last plugin I installed caused major damage to the site, so I’m being careful and trying to figure out the best option first.