Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Chocolate Chip Cookies

There are times when you just need a cookie NOW.

Today’s recipe yields two big cookies, similar in taste and texture to the ones you’d buy at the mall, but much healthier! The cookies come together almost instantly—no stand mixer needed, and no rolling out dozens of cookie dough balls. These are super soft and gooey, straight out of the oven!

Cookies for Two Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Share with a friend, or eat one now and keep the other one for later. There’s nothing like going through the day knowing a soft chocolate chip cookie is waiting for you at home!

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Category: Healthy Cookies.

• 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp spelt or all-purpose flour (or 4 tbsp oat flour) (30g)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • scant 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp coconut sugar (or regular brown sugar)
  • 2 tsp evaporated cane juice (or regular sugar)
  • 3-4 tsp chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp coconut or vegetable oil (14g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp milk of choice

Preheat a toaster oven to 325 degrees F, or a regular oven to 350, and grease a tray. In a cereal bowl, combine first six ingredients and stir extremely well. Add wet, and stir to form a dough. Break dough into two equal balls (or 4 balls, if you’d prefer smaller cookies), and smush into cookie shapes. Place cookies with some space between them, as they will grow as they cook. Bake 11 minutes in the toaster, or 7-8 minutes in an oven. They should still be a little undercooked when you take them out, so let them sit 5 minutes before removing from the tray.

Click for: Chocolate Chip Cookie Nutrition Information

How to make chocolate chip cookies for two people.

Question of the Day:

Do you have a  favorite “tried and true” chocolate chip cookie recipe?

In terms of how to make chocolate chip cookies, everyone seems to have a different idea about what makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Some people like soft cookies, some prefer crispy cookies. Some swear by adding cornstarch to their chocolate chip cookies. I’ve never tried it, but supposedly it makes the cookies extra chewy. For a bigger-batch recipe, I use my recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies, which yields cookies that are somehow chewy, soft, and crispy all at the same time!

Link of the Day:

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

113 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Liz dR says

Katie,

A few commenters have hinted at having the same problem as I do, but I’m just going to come out and say it: I am a true-blue carbhydrate addict! I cannot control myself around sweets. Period. At all. Everything is much worse (harder to resist, easier to eat more, more headache/nausea-inducing, worse sugar hangover the next day) when the ingredients are refined, but even healthier versions of baked good with whole grain flours and raw/whole/low-glyc sugars are not something I can simply eat a normal portion of. So . . .

OH MY GOD A RECIPE FOR TWO FREAKIN’ COOKIES IS THE BEST THING EVER!!! THE BESTEST BEST! A life without sweets means eventually buying a huge package or making a huge batch (and then eating everything at once!), but this is THE PERFECT SOLUTION! Please please please never stop coming up with new ideas. Wow. Just . . . Wow!

PS: Best recipe for choc chip cookies is my own, which started out as Toll House’s but got so modified over time that it really is my own. Using molasses and agave makes them CHEWY!!! and undercooking them makes them soft, and then cranking the oven up high makes the outside just a tad crispy . . . MMM! But I will now use my mad cookie skills with this recipe instead!

2. Kat says

Yamm, a perfect cookie is FULL of chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, possibly chocolate spread and cacao powder, chewy, moist, but a little bit crunchy too if that even makes sense. I love your recipes for 1-2 people so I will make this one next.

3. Taral says

Oh Katie. Thank you for such a superb recipe. I decided to go ahead and use the bobs red mill gluten free flour and they turned out heavenly.i did not use xanthum gum. They were crispy on outside and goey inside even the next day.

4. Mallory says

Katie,
    While I appreciate the calorie count information, why do you omit the oil, sugar, and chocolate chips? Seems like those are pretty key ingredients here.

5. Cwupcake says

Holy Yumminess, Batman! I love this recipe. I don’t know what it is about coconut oil in a cookie that makes it taste like cookie dough even when cooked.

6. Kelly Hunt says

There are lots of different recipes but I’m interested in those recipes that opt for healthier options. At least they care for the welfare of other people.

7. CJ says

I think I need a toaster oven . . . if it wasn’t so late – and so hot! – I’d make these RIGHT NOW! I’ve been gluten free for almost two months, and while the bread issue isn’t a problem (oddly enough) I really miss cookies.
    Maybe tomorrow . . .

8. Judith @ Mostly About Chocolate Blog says

WONDERFUL! It’s just my husband and I with no kids and neighbours who seem to be never home so this is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I have some 6 cupcake recipes but even that lasts a week 🙁 Perhaps we need to gym & eat more 😉

Brilliant!

9. Nova Young says

Hi! First time on this blog, and I’m really loving all the recipes! These seem really fun and easy to make and bake, but however, I currently am out of vanilla extract and cannot get some. Does anyone have substitutions?

10. Ally says

Just tried making these today cuz i really needed cookie 😉 and omg it tasted so yummyyyy crispy!! Subbed the evaporated sugar for stevia though and its really nice!! ;D healthy cookies!! In love!! Thanks katie!!

11. Marisa says

I love this recipe – I’ve made it a couple times and it always makes the perfect number of cookies. But is it just me or is this recipe not linked in the archived recipes section? I went looking for it today to make them again and couldn’t find it under single serving desserts or under cookie recipes!

12. Dee says

OH MY YUM! I’m breaking my low carb diet to try one of these. Pre diet days….I could whip up a whole batch of oatmeal cookies & have them gone within a few days. A 2 cookie recipe is really clever. Sugar & grains are addicting.

I used homemade oat flour, homemade vanilla, & Enjoy Life chocolate chips (allergy free). I added a bit more oat flour b/c I didn’t like how oily the dough was….although it tasted wonderful raw! Still oily, so I went ahead & baked them. They do fall apart a bit, but maybe that’s b/c I couldn’t wait until they cooled down…or maybe due to the extra oat flour! Yum.

13. Christy says

These were SO tasty! Two questions… 1) Could I add a little bit of egg to help bind the mixture? 2) If so, could I reduce the amount of oil? Thank you for the recipe! My husband and I were happy campers! 🙂

• Unofficial CCK Helper says

GF flour is not an option listed in the recipe. If you need it to be gf, why not try using the oat flour listed in the recipe? Just buy certified oat flour.

14. Isabella says

Little late, but I just made these. Subbed the oil for applesauce and cane for stevia. Still used brown sugar, though. Turned out great!

15. Bee says

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I made these today and, let me tell you, they were PERFECT. I did add a few chopped walnuts to the tops before baking them. You are a genius! Thanks again.

16. Morgan says

These are sooo awesome! Big and chewy and perfect so I don’t eat a whole batch! I added 1 tsp. less of white sugar and it had the perfect amount of sweetness for me!

17. Melissa says

Just made these… SO GOOD! I didn’t think about it and poured my freshly melted, and quite hot, coconut oil in which melted the chocolate chips a bit, so they were more like chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Still awesome though.

18. Carrie says

WOW! This is a great recipe. First, I was so surprised there was so little dough. I could have gobbled it up in a few bites. (But I refrained). I was making the cookies for my kids because whenever I make a big batch I lose control and eat too many and too much dough ;/ So this was a great solution. And I was so surprised at how much bigger they got after baking in the toasted oven on my little stone bar pan (which is so perfect for stuff like this.) This may solve my baking issues. This and your pumpkin brownies that I am IN LOVE with. Thanks 🙂

19. Katherine says

LOVED this recipe the first time I tried it, but the second time around I had to make some substitutions. I didn’t have oil, so I subbed plain fat-free Greek yogurt. This was totally experimental, but it actually turned out so delicious (and even lower in fat!). My boyfriend actually came into the kitchen and hugged me after eating one haha!

However, because of the Greek yogurt substitution, I had to bake for about 13 minutes rather than 7-8 in the conventional oven. I kept on monitoring the cookies though, to make sure I wasn’t overcooking them. Then let them rest for 5 mins before serving.

20. Kelly says

This is pure genius. My husband asks for these by name. I use maple syrup instead of cane sugar & it’s delicious. I also tried to omit the oil and they still turned out fabulous. Thanks for posting 🙂

• Faith says

Did you still use the coconut/brown sugar? And did you substitute maple syrup 1:1 for the cane sugar without adjusting anything else?

21. Jacky says

These cookies are amaaaaaazing! I tried making them with coconut and sometimes almond flour.. you know, for when I’m feeling adventurous. Great recipe! Thanks Katie

22. Elizabeth says

Hey Katie!
    I’ve been a fan of your blog since I discovered you about a year and a half ago, and your 5-minute mug cakes have saved my life more times than I can count, but today was special. Right after finally making your Cauliflower Alfredo (which I’ve had bookmarked for ages, and was absolutely delicious. I’ll definitely be making that again), I was lamenting to my roommate how I wanted a chocolate chip cookie. Just one cookie. She suggested I make a batch, which is not something I really have time for at the moment, but as I reluctantly pulled up your website to look for cookie recipes, this is one of the first ones I saw.
    Needless to say, they’re in the oven right now, and I’m sure they will be amazing.
    Thank you so much for always knowing just what I need!

23. Louisa says

Hi Katie,

Just wondering: why do these cookies look so much softer and more browned than your flour-less ones? Did spelt/ap flour affect your cookie outcome, or was size the culprit?
    Thanks!