Peanut Butter Rice Pudding

HEALTHY Peanut Butter Rice Pudding. Recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/04/24/peanut-butter-rice-pudding/

Creamy, peanut buttery comfort food.

High in both fiber and protein, peanut butter rice pudding is one of those easy desserts that can be made with just a few ingredients, no blender, and no difficult cooking techniques. It’s super easy to customize if you’re craving, say, chocolate chip peanut butter rice pudding.

Now why would anyone ever be craving that? 😉

PB Rice Pudding

Peanut Butter Rice Pudding

(serves 4-6)

• 1 cup uncooked brown or white rice (170g)
  • 2 1/2 cups milk of choice (600g)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup peanut butter (depending on desired richness)
  • 2/3 cup water (160g)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice (such as scant 1/3 cup sugar of choice or 1/4 tsp uncut stevia)
  • optional variations: Stir in some chocolate chips or swirl in your favorite jelly or fresh berries

Combine rice, salt, and milk of choice in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. When it comes to a complete boil, lower to a simmer and cover. Simmer, covered, until rice is thick and fluffy. This will take around 10-40 minutes, depending on the type of rice you use. Then stir in the peanut butter and the 2/3 cup water and return to a boil. When it comes to a full boil, turn off the heat but leave covered until the water is absorbed and the rice gets thick and fluffy (about another 20 minutes). Stir, then add all remaining ingredients. Eat warm or cold. Add the chocolate chips immediately if you want them melted; or stir in after the pudding is cold if you’d prefer the chips stay intact.

Click for: Peanut Butter Rice Pudding Nutrition Facts

Peanut Butter Rice Pudding

What do you think…

With whole grains and protein and fiber, rice pudding can totally count as breakfast food… Right??

cookie dough oatmeal

Link of the Day: Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Rhona says:

This looks beyond delicious and yummy.

2. Rice pudding – want!
    Peanut butter – want!
    Everything in one bowl creamed up with some lovely almond milk – want even more!

This looks fantastic Katie, a great way of indulging whilst getting some healthy fats and calcium packed into your day ^ ^ A proper pick-me-up! x

3. Nicole says:

Hi CCK,

Looks delicious! Also – I love the blue spoons you have pictured! May I ask where you bought them from?

Thanks,
    N

4. Rice pudding in my opinion is even tastier than oatmeal *gasp* 😉 Now you’ve added peanut butter… I don’t see how it can get any better.

5. This looks great! I’ve been eating the same two things for breakfast every day for what feels like months – Greek yogurt or an English muffin with peanut butter – and it’s getting boring. This could be a nice change, especially with fresh berries on top.

6. Um, this is so simple and delicious and perfect for when I have leftover brown rice. Terrific breakfast when I need a change from oatmeal. Would work with leftover quinoa too I am sure!

7. terezka says:

YES I am on strict elimination diet and brown rice pudding is one of the things I can eat and enjoy for breakfast 🙂 i made brown rice one with just almond milk coconut sugar and cinnamon. made so much, ate it 4 days. did not get bored with it. made apple compote to poor over and it was awesome. love your posts, Katie!!

8. Ellen Quinones says:

Can this be made in a rice cooker.

1. Russell says:

I had the same question.

2. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I made it in my rice cooker, and it worked fine. But the amount of time would depend on your specific cooker.

9. Sarah says:

This looks delicious! And I really like the photos you took, they make it look extra yummy. Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes, Katie 🙂

10. OLWomen says:

That’s what I like about you Katie, you never stop to amaze me with all your delicious recipes! I will try this peanut butter rice pudding for sure!

11. Beth says:

Do you prefer the brown rice version or the white rice version? Also, do the nutritional facts include the chocolate chips? Looks so yummy! I hope the leftovers last a while.

12. D says:

Could this be made with bulgur instead?
    It looks delicious!

13. OMG, this will be terrific with brown mochi rice! I’ve made rice pudding with home made nutella before, but why didn’t I think of making it with PB?
    Thanks for another great idea 🙂

14. Tammela says:

Rice pudding totally counts as breakfast — it really does have all you need with fat, protein, and carbs.

15. cailynne says:

hi katie, could you maybe do a post on the reasons why you gave up the vegan diet?

1. Anna says:

Where did you get the impression she gave up the vegan diet? I don’t recall any posts mentioning that.

16. I adore brown rice pudding and I’m sure it’s even more wonderful with peanut butter. And adding chocolate chips just brings it up another level! Fantastic. 🙂

17. AnnaBananaBelle says:

This looks so good! sadly though I am not eating peanut butter at the moment. Do you think it would taste good with almond butter?

1. Russell says:

I’m sure you could substitute with any nut butter for allergy reasons.

2. Lisa says:

I’m newly allergic to PB and found that soynut “Wow” butter is a very similar substance and flavor. I love all the other nut butters, too, but if I’m looking for something similar to PB, that’s it!

18. Natalie says:

This is so delicious! I’ve been craving peanut butter cookies, then this popped into my email. So I gave it a try. And oh my goodness! So delicious, thank you Katie, your recipes are always wonderful.

19. Leah says:

This looks good, I’m going to try it on Saturday!!
    A big deal for me, because the last time I tried a sweet rice recipe (the one on the back of the Silk coconut milk carton) it was AWFUL!!!
    But I trust you, and I can’t wait to try this recipe! Though I may use almond butter. 🙂

20. Mmmm. I love rice pudding. I’ve never thought of adding PB to it though. I usually add jam.

1. yan says:

so fine and delicious and looks great i like it

0/5