Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

No-Bake Nutella Cookie Dough Balls

Addictive chocolatey snack balls filled with wholesome ingredients you can feel good about eating. Full recipe here:

Welcome to the very first… Nutella Week!

A week where every single new recipe published on this website will revolve around Nutella. (I’m using the term Nutella as a proprietary eponym; you can make any of this week’s recipes with Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, Rawmio, or your favorite chocolate spread. I like to use my recipe for Homemade Nutella.)

Technically, if you have a nut allergy, all of the recipes posted during Nutella Week will work with Sunbutter. They’ll just have a different flavor.

Nutella Cookie Dough Bites:

Today’s recipe–in classic Chocolate-Covered-Katie fashion—can be made with just 4 ingredients, and no baking is required. The balls are healthy and portable; perfect for road trips, lunch boxes, or afternoon snacking.

No-Bake Nutella Cookie Dough Balls

Nutella Cookie Dough Balls

• 1/4 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if desired (28g)
  • 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or Homemade Healthy Nutella
  • 1 tbsp oat bran, gluten-free if desired (8g)
  • pinch stevia, OR 2 tsp pure maple syrup
  • handful mini chocolate chips or chia seeds, optional

Stir all dry ingredients together in a cereal bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir, then slowly add up to 1 tbsp water or coconut oil until a thick dough forms. Break off pieces of dough and roll into balls. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer for freshness.  Makes a small batch (10 if made the size of the ones in the photos), so feel free to double the recipe if desired.

Click for: Nutella Cookie Dough Balls Calories & Nutrition Facts

Nutella Cookie Dough Balls:

Question of the Day: Do you have a favorite portable snack?

Some of mine include fudge babies, peanut butter cookie dough cookies, or chocolate Jocalat bars. If you’re in need of some no-bake and portable snack ideas, feel free to check out the following post:

Healthy Snack Recipes – over 50 healthy and portable recipes you can take on the go!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Lauren says:

Yes!!!! This is going to be the best week ever!!!! 😀

2. Ooh, YAY! I looove theme weeks, and Nutella is definitely a crowd pleaser!

3. Am says:

Awesome! I am definitely in need of some portable snack ideas coming up, this week. This recipe looks great!

4. ~ Carmen ~ says:

These look completely delightful. I can’t wait to make them. No bake items are perfect for summer days when the oven heats up the whole kitchen!

5. Jessica says:

Larabars, definitely, or just trail mix (which usually consists of raisins, nuts and whatever flavor Cheerios or Chex). Unfortunately in my case “portable” has to mean “heat proof” (thank you Florida) and also “pocket proof”. Most baked goods turn to crumbs in my pocket.

6. Sheila says:

For a nut-free version, why not try Chocolate soy nut butter (there’s one made by I.M.Healthy company that is rumoured to be like nutella)? I intend to!

7. Hah! I KNEW it was going to be Nutella week! Hear looks so delicious Katie! I’ve been wanting to make your Healthy Homemade Nutella Spread for a while now. Maybe now I am going to finally! Heheheh! Yummo! 😉

8. I had a feeling it might be Nutella week but I told myself that it would be too good to be true! I should have trusted my gut… LOL 😛

9. Sabrina says:

Nutella, my childhood favorite. This is my kind of snack!

10. Yum! Nutella + cookie dough? So much yes. I love rainier cherries and coconut covered cashews as my to-go snacks :)

11. EVA says:

WOOT! Theme week begins! I’ll have to sub the Nutella with chocolate Vega or almond butter, but I can’t complain!

Like so many others, Kind and Larabars are my portable Bibles. I also have little travel packs of hummus and a bag of crackers always stashed in the bowels of my purse. Hummus is so yummus that I literally cannot go anywhere without it.

12. rachel says:

Hi, I have celiac disease, and my grocery store is out of gluten free oat bran. What would be a good substitute?

1. Hi, I’m celiac, too, and as we don’t have gf oat bran here, I always use rice bran.

2. becauseHeloves! says:

You could probably use a gluten free flour too; I think the oat bran is just there as a thickener

13. I was just thinking that I need to make some “cookie dough” balls. These sound tasty.

14. nutella week is my favourite kind of week! love these little cookie dough balls, definitely perfect for when my afternoon sugar cravings hit. yum!

15. I LOVE that you’re doing Nutella Week! I’m looking forward to see (and then trying!) all the recipes you come up with :)

16. These look sooo pretty! I have made something similar before and hiiighly approve, yum :) x

17. becauseHeloves! says:

Awesome! I love Nutella; especially your homemade version. A friend and I have a weekly ritual of making your Nutella, and it always disappears very quickly. Hope your broken bone gets better soon (:

18. Eva says:

Instead of oat bran (I have none in the house) do you think the same amount of flax meal would do the trick?

19. This looks sincerely incredible! My kind of recipe…. I want it now! I don’t think I have a favorite portable snack, honestly, but if I did it would probably be Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Popcorn… it’s so good! Either that or Bai5 juice. Or Larabars and Svelte Protein Shakes. I really like vegan products hahaha!! (:

20. Hey Katie,

How often do you eat sweets and treats? :)

1. Usually some chocolate at breakfast, and an afternoon snack and a dessert a few hours after dinner :)

21. I’ve vacationing in Italy this summer and I’m desperately missing my homemade raw bars!! I can’t find almond butter anywhere! Thanks for the reminder…there’s no shortage of Nutella here. Looks like I found the perfect substitute! 😉

These are my fave on-the-go snacks:

22. Oh, yeah nutella week :) My newest favourite baby is almond nutella, i.e. almond butter with some brown rice syrup and cocoa powder.
    My favourite portable snack are tahini balls. Tahini, honey, chia seeds, ground almonds.

23. These. are. amazing. running to the store to get ingredients now! I’ve been following your blog for 3 years now Katie! It’s the best thing ever!

24. GC says:

Do you have a substitute to recommend for the oat bran? I don’t have any but would love to make these. It’s going to be hotter than h-e-double hockey-sticks out here in the pacific northwest and don’t want to use the oven for treats for the kids (both small and adult). I think i have some ground flax; would that work? other than that no “bran” things to speak of in the house at this time.

1. I’ve not tried anything else. You can always experiment! :)

25. Karen says:

I would LOVE to make these! Unfortunately I don’t even tolerate gluten-free rolled oats. Would using Quinoa flakes (by Ancient Harvest) work? Could I substitute flax meal for the oat bran?

Thank you SOOOOO much for the Nutella homemade recipe! My milk allergy has banned the “real thing” from my diet years ago–so this is a real GEM!

1. You can always experiment!

26. Ella says:

Fave portable snacks… raisins, larabars, dried cherries… I have a lot! I actually have a video on my YouTube channel about my favorite convenient healthy store-bought snacks. Here’s the link if anyone’s interested!
    This recipe looks so good, Katie, I think I’ll try it with Wild Friends Chocolate Almond and Sunflower Seed Butter. YUM!

27. These look seriously yummy – oh boy how am I going to stop myself from eating tons of them?! Thank you for the recipe.

28. OMG Nutella week. Best idea ever…I love Nutella!

29. Jorien says:

Genius Katie does it again! I made these this evening with Justin’s chocolate almond butter, didn’t have oat bran so used crushed up Life cereal and agave as the sweetener. Heavenly! Thank you for another healthier way to get my chocolate fix!

1. Thank you so much for making them!

30. Chris says:

These are fab! They weren’t looking particularly chocolatey and were still quite loose so I mixed a bit more Nutella with a splash of warm water and added that it and it was perfect!

31. Shiny says:

I will try this out using the maple syrup (not a fan of stevia). This looks so yummy. Looking forward to all the nutella recipes I get to try out because of you :-)

Bright and Shiny

32. Christian says:

These look so good! I will have to try these!!!

Christian |

33. Jullie says:

Hi Katie!

I wanted to feature your recipe in my blog. Also, how do you come up with these healthy alternative desserts? What’s your inspiration?