Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oatmeal

{Single Serving} Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oatmeal: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/08/19/strawberry-shortcake-baked-oatmeal/

This is like eating strawberry shortcake for breakfast!!

You can eat it plain or topped with ice cream or my Low Calorie Homemade Whipped Cream.

Also, it will make your house smell amazing while it’s baking!

I’m not sure how it’s been over two years since I last posted a baked oatmeal for one recipe.

The last one was back in 2012: Single Serving Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Baked Oatmeal (which is a huge reader favorite).

Single Serving Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oatmeal

You can prepare this baked oatmeal recipe the night before if you’re short on time in the mornings, or you can make a bunch at once and freeze them for a later date. But, pretty much, you will want to eat this as soon as it comes out of the oven.

(See the bite taken out in the photos… I couldn’t resist!)

Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oatmeal

Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oatmeal

(Makes a single serving! If you’re feeding a family, try my larger-serving baked oatmeal recipe instead.)

• 1/3 cup mashed strawberries (measured after mashing) (80g)
  • 2 tbsp milk of choice (30g)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp oil OR more milk of choice OR nut butter of choice (15g)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (50g)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • sweetener, such as 1 tbsp maple syrup or pinch stevia
  • optional: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, etc.

Grease a 1-cup ramekin or oven-safe dish (or two half-cup ramekins) and set aside. Stir together the liquid ingredients, then add all remaining ingredients and stir again. Pour into the prepared dish, then place in a cold oven. Immediately turn the heat to 380 F. Bake 28 minutes or until firm. (You can broil for the last minute if desired.) Eat from the bowl, or go around the sides with a knife and pop out the baked oatmeal cake! Top with either Homemade Reddi-wip (linked under the second photo in this post) or whipped topping or coconut butter or ice cream of choice.

—> View Strawberry Oatmeal Nutrition Facts <—

almond butter cookies

Link of the Day:  Almond Butter Cookies –  NO flour and NO oil!

Have you tried any of the single-serving baked oatmeal flavors yet? Do you have a favorite flavor? Or any particular flavor you’d love to see in the future?

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. This looks so yummy! What is better than strawberry shortcake for breakfast, especially with oats?! Can’t wait to try, pinned!

2. anna says:

LOVE this! It looks so amazing! More boatmeal recipes please!

3. Alanna says:

I love, love, love your baked oatmeal recipes! I’ve made them on a regular basis for the last year or two. I like to scale it up and make a big batch (I have mini loaf pans and one of those divided lasagna pans that works nicely), then freeze them so I always have yummy breakfasts and snacks available. 🙂 I think my favorite is a variation on the Irish soda bread flavor where I use cranberries instead of raisins and add sliced almonds. The choc PB one is delicious, too, but I usually add PB on top of the other flavor when I eat it. This strawberry version sounds awesome! I’ve thought sometimes it would be nice to have a savory flavor to change things up, since I always make them with dried fruit. I know using all oil (no applesauce) and cutting back on (or eliminating?) the sugar would be the way to go there, but I’m not sure what all could be added other than nut butter and more nuts to make it savory.

1. Emily says:

O.k., I know this comment is way old, but have you thought about adding cheese for a savory one? And, there are tons of great spices for a savory one–garlic, all the italian spices, or you could go spicy with some peppery spices…. So many options

1. Alanna says:

I haven’t tried cheese, but that could work… wouldn’t be CCK-approved since it’s not vegan, but I like your idea to try that and different spices. Not a pepper fan personally, but I do love the Italians (especially oregano)!

1. Emily says:

You could use a vegan cheese substitute.

1. Alanna says:

I’m not vegan personally, so I’d definitely use the real thing. 😉

4. Jessie says:

This looks delicious! I have eaten your Reeses Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal every single morning for months!

Even my boyfriend asks for it sometimes so you know it must be good 😉

5. Lauren says:

Gorgeous!

6. Taylor Ann says:

This looks delish! Can’t wait to try it tomorrow morning 🙂

7. anonymous says:

Thank you for more boatmeal recipes. They are my favorite 🙂

8. Liz says:

I can’t tell you how excited I was to see this recipe in my inbox this morning. Making it tomorrow for breakfast!

1. Liz says:

If I can wait that long!

9. Kaitlin says:

My favorite is the banana bread baked oatmeal, but I really like the cookie dough one too! Will have to try this one!

10. Emily J. says:

Pinned it! I really like the cookie dough oatmeal. Can’t wait until you come out with a cookbook, I will definitely be one of the first to buy it! =)

1. Emily J. says:

Thank you so much Taylor! =) Don’t know how I didn’t realize that (embarrassed smile)!

2. D says:

Whaaaat? She already has a book to pre-order on Barnes and Noble????
        How did I not know about this? Can’t wait to get it!!!!!

11. That is one good looking breakfast!

12. Taylor says:

Puts strawberries on the grocery list! 🙂

13. Kara says:

You’ve done it again Katie! It looks DELICIOUS! 😀 Hope your having a fabulous day!!!

14. Kara says:

YES! First comment!

15. Elaine says:

This looks terrific! Thank you, Katie!

16. Kyla @ Two Cups Cacao says:

I’ve tried your cinnamon roll baked oatmeal a couple months ago, and I had to make it again- it did not disappoint! I think I could say the same about this one, even though I haven’t even tried it yet. This looks fantastic! Definitely have to try this.

17. What an amazing recipe! I love it!

18. EVA says:

Being a commuter, your banana bread oatmeal has saved me on tens of thousands of college breakfasts AND night class dinners! With a huge slab of raw almond butter, I am one happy camper (err….student). I love the straight-up banana so much that I’ve never even thought of straying to try a different flavor!

Strawberries are SO DAMN expensive here in Wisconsin….but this looks amazing and I hate the color pink!

19. Linda Kaban says:

Hi Katie,

What temp should I use for a toaster oven Hate to use all that electricity with the big oven.

Thanks,

Linda

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It will depend on your model. You will have to experiment, but it can be done!

20. Jolynn says:

YESSSS! I love your baked oatmeal recipes so much! I tried cutting strawberries up and adding them to the cookie dough baked oatmeal recipe…it was delicious! I’ve also tried cocoa powder in the cookie dough recipe and it tasted like a brownie!