Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

You know you want one.

Or two.

Or four hundred and fifty four.

peanut butter cookie dough balls

Maybe not four hundred and fifty four.

Then you’d get a stomachache, and that’s no fun. 😕

On the other hand, the stomachache might be worth it. For chocolate and peanut butter?

peanut butter cookie dough ball

So worth it.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

(can be gluten-free)

Category: Healthy “No-Bake” Recipes.

• 1/2 cup rolled oats (or oat bran or quick oats) (Maybe even flaxmeal or protein powder!) (40g)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter, or Sunbutter to be allergy-friendly) (115g)
  • stevia drops to taste, or 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp pure maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice (If using a dry sweetener, you might have to add a little water or oil to make a dough. If using a liquid sweetener—such as maple syrup or agave—don’t add any extra liquid.)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp flour or oat bran, or perhaps protein powder (I used spelt flour, but many others—such as oat or almond or all-purpose flour—will be fine. Not sure about coconut flour.) (15g)
  • chocolate chips!!

Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl, and mix until well-incorporated. (If you store your nut butter in the fridge, you might want to melt it a little so it stirs more easily.) Roll into balls, and try not to eat them all at once. Luckily, this recipe doesn’t make four hundred and fifty four.

View Nutrition Info

peanut butter cookie ball

peanut butter cookie balls

Question of the Day:

Do you ever continue to eat even after you’re full, knowing you’ll regret it later?

Right off the bat, Thanksgiving and Christmas (especially Christmas cookies!) come to mind. But foods like roast cauliflower and brussels sprouts are also pretty easy for me to overeat and get a stomachache. Or too many raw walnuts or too much coconut butter… and yes, in the case of eating too much coconut butter, I think the stomachache is always worth it!

Link of the Day:

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

161 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Alanna says

Hooray for no-bake recipes that don’t generate a lot of dishes! 😀 I’m a sucker for the fun little bite-sized snacks, and with all that PB, these are actually incredibly satisfying as well! I used oat flour, 1 T sugar, and 2 T mini chocolate chips, and they held together just fine without any extra liquid (plenty sweet, too). I ended up with 18 balls, and definitely recommend keeping in the fridge since they’re so sticky. Delicious!

• anon says

Hi Alanna, I was just curious… you seem to answer a lot of Katie’s comments, but your name doesn’t link to a blog or a facebook page or even an avatar. Are you really Katie in disguise? It’s kind of suspicious :-?.

• Alanna says

Lol no, I’m not Katie (wish I were that talented in the kitchen!). To be honest I have no idea how to link my info like you said, but I don’t run a blog and I’m not sure why anyone would want to see me on Facebook? I’m just another reader who’s happy to have found this site and I try to help out Katie (and other readers) by answering questions if I can. On a side note, it’s kind of funny having my identity questioned by someone posting as “anon”. 😉

• Alanna says

Are you sure you didn’t miss or accidentally change something in the recipe? Seems unlikely they’d look very different in appearance if you did everything the same way. It might also be your PB… since that’s the main flavor, if you don’t really like the brand you used, you probably won’t enjoy the end result as much.

• Megan E. says

I found that these types of recipes work best with peanut butter like Jiff’s reduced fat – ie, not quite as “natural”. The ingredients in the creamy help hold it together much better!

I agree that they aren’t too sweet – you’d need more sugar than suggested in the recipe – and the chocolate works better smaller, ie, melted as above or chopped up first.

But they made a great breakfast on the run!

2. mary b says

We have made these with coconut flour. You only need 1-2 teaspoons of it. If I don’t have any choc. chips I put in a little cocoa powder instead.
    Oh and we use almond butter in them too, but that takes a little extra flour due to the consistency.

• Amy says

Try Barney Butter (almond butter)….it’s the same consistancy as PB! 🙂 I used it since I am allergic to PB 🙂

3. Whitni Vasquez says

Just made these with coconut flour and they turned out amazing. It was really hard to have any self discipline! If you like to have extras for a few days double or triple this recipe! I think I’m gonna make these at my kids birthday parties from now on. What kid doesn’t like peanut butter? What person for that matter!? Lol Tthanks Katie for another wonderful easy recipe!

• Megan E. says

Careful that no one has a peanut allergy at the party! Maybe try making with other butters too?

But yes, they are great for parties, I think they will be on my list too!

4. Steph says

These are fantastic! I made them with my kids (age 4 + 8) yesterday after I picked them up from school. They each got a cereal bowl (great idea! ingredients fit perfectly!), and they each got to make their own batch. It was easy, they had fun, and they taste amazing. (yes, I totally snuck a few out of the fridge when they weren’t looking. 🙂 lol)

Thank you!!

5. sunidhi says

Hi i like chockolate and peanuts both and u prepared such a wonderful dish using both. thanks a lot its looking yummy i will try today . i think this type of thing we can not get outside.its a grate compliment for u.

6. Christy says

I’m in love! Whipped these together in 5 min. Using rice flour and GF oates……..ummm ya!!! We ate them on the way to my daughters dance practice for a healthy little snack. I also use the GF, DF Vegan chocolate chips. YAHOOO! Im making the coconut bars this weekend. Your my new best friend. Ha!!

7. Moni Meals says

I love this! I make my own version similar to this but I like your version too! Hope to try it soon. Thanks Katie!

8. Amy & Ashlynn says

My daughter and I just made these. It was a fun, easy recipe to make together and they were a hit with the family! Thanks!!!

9. Hannah says

Not the best CCK recipe I’ve made to be honest. I know simple is often better, but the peanut butter was a bit overwhelming. I saw that one reader mentioned using banana, and I think that would be a great addition to the recipe, though I haven’t tried it. The texture is a little odd, too, when chilled. Still tasty, but not CCK’s best.

• Alex says

Hey! Speak for yourself. We loved these and are planning to double the recipe next time. And there WILL be a next time :).

10. KelsO says

Woo, so I tried these because they were quick & simple, & l e t m e t e l l you they definitely hit the spot. I froze them & it was like eating peanut butter cookie dough! The best, thank you!

11. Kristen says

Ooh, I made this earlier this afternoon and they were amazing!
    I made 16 thumb-tip sized balls (adding a tad bit more flour, some UMP, and 200 calories’ worth of chocolate chips (about 60 chips)) and calculated about 125 calories per ball.
    This is DELICIOUS.
    Could I just eat this forever? Please? <3

12. Heather Koenig says

I forgot to mention what I pinned for the cuisinart give a way…I recently pinned the fudge babies but have also pinned your overnight oatmeals!

13. Jill says

I pinned your peanut butter balls today but I pin almost all of your items. I love them! I’m just starting to be vegan for a few months. Would you be able to recommend a good cookbook for meals?

Thanks,
    Jill

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Hi Jill,

I guess it depends on your style of eating– fancy, “clean eating,” comfort food… and there are so many cookbooks out there that it’s hard to recommend one. My best advice is to go to the cookbook section of Barnes and Nobles and just browse through the wall of vegetarian cookbooks. They usually have an entire wall :).

14. Laura says

I pinned these too, because I was going to make them, but then I realized we don’t have chocolate chips. Too bad choc. Chips don’t last in my house. I’m making them ASAP though!

15. Heather Jauquet says

Pinned these because they are my favorite of the recipes I have tried from you so far. So easy, and really good too, the kids loved them as well.

16. Katie Badstibner says

made these last night and they were so good! thank goodness I didn’t make 454!!!! I had a few after my work out last night and then another couple for breakfast. the PERFECT snack and start to my day! Thank you!

17. rachael swetnam says

Loving the site!! I have most of these ingredients already in my house and I had no idea what yummy things can come from them!

Used oatmeal, honey, and dark chocolate for these and they turned out to be 3 WW points per ball. SOOOO good!

18. Dorris says

This is my FAVORITE! I love/hate how easy it is to make. . . Hate because I find myself eating wayyy to much. Thanks so much for the great recipes!

19. Anja says

OH MY – I made these for the first time (I used organic almond butter though) and they are sooooo unbelievable good, I don´t even know why I ever bought candy in stores! Thank you so much for posting it – greetings from Germany!

20. Courtney says

Thank you soo much for this recipe. I was sitting around wishing I had something for dessert. My only real option was eating a handful of chocolate chips….not that I’m above it, but I wanted something a little more decadent than that. These fit the bill! And they were made in just a few minutes. And I’m trying not to eat them all. Yay!

21. Elysa says

I am currently living in Albania and do not have access to a lot of the ingredients used on this website 🙁 I was sooo happy to find peanut butter and oats at the market the other day that I had to try the peanut butter ball recipe as soon as could!! Only I can’t have sugar and I can’t find any sugar subs here so instead I added cinnamon and finely diced apple bits. They came out soo yummy! The balls were a little salty (I didn’t add salt but the peanut butter was salty) so I think next time I will add some more apple to help sweeten it up! I head back home in 2 months and can’t wait to try the rest of the sugar free goodies from here

22. Julia Smith says

Um HECK YES I always keep eating after I’m full! LOL I did this last night after I made Healthy Mounds Bars and I felt awful! 🙁 It really stunk but your Mounds were just sooo good I can’t resist! You’re gonna be the death of me with all these amazing recipes! 😉 Lol!